What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (2 Viewers)

IDK..If I was him I'd might seek a second opinion. Another week of "rest and therapy" might be in order. FF geeks be damned.

My daughter flew 5,000 miles to Rio by herself to see Taylor. I can’t decide if that is sheer madness or inspired dedication.
i think that is awesome
Travelling is amazing and to do it for something you love makes it even better experience.
How does she like Rio? Where is she staying

Is she still going on tonight after the tragedy that happened yesterday?
No, tonight's show was moved to Monday. The temps are still pretty high today, but look to be a bit better on Monday (and tomorrow for the 3rd show there, which will now be the 2nd).

The venue is gonna have a lawsuit on the hands for that girl's death, for refusing to let fans bring bottled water into the stadium despite the temps being over 100 last night. I get that it's the policy, but sticking to it in extreme temps resulted in someone's death.

My daughter flew 5,000 miles to Rio by herself to see Taylor. I can’t decide if that is sheer madness or inspired dedication.
i think that is awesome
Travelling is amazing and to do it for something you love makes it even better experience.
She stayed at a hostel. Can’t speak to how she liked Rio. Flew in for the concert and was only going to the show.

Tickets for the pit were only $50. She stood in line all day at the gate (12+ hours) to get a good spot. Ended up front row center. She posted some video with only a security guard between her and Taylor standing right in front of her 10 feet a way looking right at each other during Romeo and Juliet.

Given the long wait followed by a steady driving rain during the show, I couldn’t have done it. But no doubt it was a once in a lifetime, unforgettable experience.

i think that is awesome
She stayed at a hostel. Can’t speak to how she liked Rio. Flew in for the concert and was only going to the show.

Tickets for the pit were only $50. She stood in line all day at the gate (12+ hours) to get a good spot. Ended up front row center. She posted some video with only a security guard between her and Taylor standing right in front of her 10 feet a way looking right at each other during Romeo and Juliet.

Given the long wait followed by a steady driving rain during the show, I couldn’t have done it. But no doubt it was a once in a lifetime, unforgettable experience.

Has she stayed at hostel's before?
They usually are great experiences and you get to meet so many wonderful people.
$50 seems really cheap

I did something similar in 2016: Rollings Stones free concert in Havana
They were supposed to go on the stage at 730pm
Got to the grounds at 10 am , gates open at noon
was a mad rush to get a spot
was 3rd deep in the middle of the stage
Over 500k people attended and they were not prepared for that
very few porta potties and no vendors
was a long day but was so worth it

i think that is awesome

They usually are great experiences and you get to meet so many wonderful people.
$50 seems really cheap

How do you get back to your spot when you leave to go to the bathroom?

i think that is awesome

$50 seems really cheap

How do you get back to your spot when you leave to go to the bathroom?
it wasnt that bad to get through the crowd throughout the day. from what i remember , i didn't leave my spot anytime after 5ish

i think that is awesome

$50 seems really cheap

She's a master of discounted travel. She's been to 40+ countries (at 27 years old). She used to stay in hostels a lot, but she has friends in so many places now, she usually has somewhere to stay for free. She's planning on going back to Brazil for Carnival in a few months (she knows someone with an apartment in Rio . . . didn't have time to coordinate things with the Taylor show). She has a great job that lets her work fully remote from anywhere in the world. All she really needs is a reliable internet connection. She's our wild child. She lived in Thailand for a year. Spent a summer+ in China. Stayed in Europe this past summer. Now planning on staying in South America for 6 months. She's hoping to tackle Africa next year. It's great to be young and insane.

Speaking of the Stones, I remember back in the Summer of 1989, some buddies and I were looking for something to do one Saturday night. I went to school outside of New Haven, CT, and one of our regular hangouts was Toad's Place, this little club that some famous acts have played in the past. We were outside the club and asked who was playing, and they said the Sons of Bob (a local band we had seen before). It was already late, we had missed half their set, so we bailed and went somewhere else. Of course, no one knew that the band wasn't the headliner that night, and imagine the surprise when half an hour later, the Stones took the stage and kicked into Start Me Up. We were actually there . . . and didn't stick around.

i think that is awesome

$50 seems really cheap

She's a master of discounted travel. She's been to 40+ countries (at 27 years old). She used to stay in hostels a lot, but she has friends in so many places now, she usually has somewhere to stay for free. She's planning on going back to Brazil for Carnival in a few months (she knows someone with an apartment in Rio . . . didn't have time to coordinate things with the Taylor show). She has a great job that lets her work fully remote from anywhere in the world. All she really needs is a reliable internet connection. She's our wild child. She lived in Thailand for a year. Spent a summer+ in China. Stayed in Europe this past summer. Now planning on staying in South America for 6 months. She's hoping to tackle Africa next year. It's great to be young and insane.

Speaking of the Stones, I remember back in the Summer of 1989, some buddies and I were looking for something to do one Saturday night. I went to school outside of New Haven, CT, and one of our regular hangouts was Toad's Place, this little club that some famous acts have played in the past. We were outside the club and asked who was playing, and they said the Sons of Bob (a local band we had seen before). It was already late, we had missed half their set, so we bailed and went somewhere else. Of course, no one knew that the band wasn't the headliner that night, and imagine the surprise when half an hour later, the Stones took the stage and kicked into Start Me Up. We were actually there . . . and didn't stick around.
That is awesome. I love hearing stories like hers.
I wish i wouldve worked on the cruise ship when I was 20 and explored the world.
I moved to Vancouver when I was 18 and was just getting reestablished here: job, friends, sports and gf. I didnt feel like losing all that so stayed at a useless job. From those friends i still have 2 best friends and talk to that ex so wasnt a complete loss.

Love this quote from her responding to people complaining about being shown too much at the Chiefs games:

“I’m just there to support Travis,” she said. “I have no awareness of if I’m being shown too much and pissing off a few dads, Brads, and Chads.”
Yep, she has the right attitude. If someone is bothered by seeing her at Chiefs games, that is their problem, not hers. She is just living her life.

Love this quote from her responding to people complaining about being shown too much at the Chiefs games:

“I’m just there to support Travis,” she said. “I have no awareness of if I’m being shown too much and pissing off a few dads, Brads, and Chads.”
Yep, she has the right attitude. If someone is bothered by seeing her at Chiefs games, that is their problem, not hers. She is just living her life.

She was at Lambeau on Sunday night and I only recall one or two times they showed her. I think Simone Biles got more coverage than Swift.
I don't think anyone is really complaining anymore but if they are its purely manufactured outrage because the networks got the message and have backed way off.

She was at Lambeau on Sunday night and I only recall one or two times they showed her. I think Simone Biles got more coverage than Swift.
I don't think anyone is really complaining anymore but if they are its purely manufactured outrage because the networks got the message and have backed way off.
So, we were sitting in our seats in the lower deck. and this older guy walks up to the row in front of us. Cleans off his seat, and sees us in our Chiefs gear and says: "Is Taylor coming?"

We laugh, and he tells us the story of how his grandfather had the same seats, who passed them down to his dad, who then passed them down to him. He was about 60 years old or so. So he tells us his daughter was going to come to the game because she heard Tay-Tay was coming, but she couldn't due to being at college or something like that. She told her dad that he better get a pic for her.

So we talk for a bit, and I tell him, yeah - I think she is going to be there. This guy's son shows up, so they start chatting and we just sit down.

Turns out Taylor is sitting right behind us in the box right above the Reggie White name on the facade of the suites. So literally, right above us.

I point this out to the guy and all of a sudden Taylor stands up. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE turns around and starts pulling out their phones taking pictures. There was a girl in front of us going nuts - she had worn a shirt with Taylor written on it and such.

So I tell the guy she's gonna stand up every time Travis does something. So a little later Kelce has a big catch, and of course she stands up and everyone turns around and starts taking pictures. Including this old guy.

So this happens a couple of times, so after his 3rd catch the guy and his son are just snapping pictures as she stands there. I look at both of them and say:

"You guys are just a couple of Taylor nerds up in here."

We all just start cracking up at the silliness of it all. It was great. :lol:

Last edited:
So, we were sitting in our seats in the lower deck. and this older guy walks up to the row in front of us. Cleans off his seat, and sees us in our Chiefs gear and says: "Is Taylor coming?"

We laugh, and he tells us the story of how his grandfather had the same seats, who passed them down to his dad, who then passed them down to him. He was about 60 years old or so. So he tells us his daughter was going to come to the game because she heard Tay-Tay was coming, but she couldn't due to being at college or something like that. She told her dad that he better get a pic for him.

So we talk for a bit, and I tell him, yeah - I think she is going to be there. This guy's son shows up, so they start chatting and we just sit down.

Turns out Taylor is sitting right behind us in the box right above the Reggie White name on the facade of the suites. So literally, right above us.

I point this out to the guy and all of a sudden Taylor stands up. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE turns around and starts pulling out their phones taking pictures. There was a girl in front of us going nuts - she had worn a shirt with Taylor written on it and such.

So I tell the guy she's gonna stand up every time Travis does something. So a little later Kelce has a big catch, and of course she stands up and everyone turns around and starts taking pictures. Including this old guy.

So this happens a couple of times, so after his 3rd catch the guy and his son are just snapping pictures as she stands there. I look at both of them and say:

"You guys are just a couple of Taylor nerds up in here."

We all just start cracking up at the silliness of it all. It was great. :lol:

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.....re-uniting our country for all of us. ;)

Great story.

Great story for sure, @ChiefD. (y) (y)

BTW, while long, that Time article is a great read.
Yeah, it really is.

I never was really into her music, but I may need to dig a little deeper there. Pretty cool story about Kenny Chesney in there about that tour (or lack of one).
Yeah, I don't have much love for country music, but mad props to Chesney for that. I always love reading stories like that.

While I love a good pop song (growing up in the 80s did that for me), I doubt I would have become a fan of hers without digging deep. The hits are mostly good (Bad Blood is the exception, I find it super annoying), but the many other songs in her catalogue are what made me a fan. I cannot recall the exact number, but I think she's at around 250 songs now in her career so far. And I don't see her slowing down any time soon.

New album in 19 days! Should be interesting to see where she goes next.

Would it be strange if I just wished for her to slow down and relax for a while? Hardest working person in showbiz, just don't want her to burn out.
I get what you are saying, but I just think she is on a creative hot streak and I always say that you don't fight it when the creative juices are flowing. Most artists who sustain longevity (Tool notwithstanding haha) have that crazy prolific streak where they release a lot of music/albums in a short span, and I think this is hers; this will be her 5th album of brand new material in the last six years (not factoring in the re-records or any of those Vault tracks). I suspect she is approaching the back end of it and will revert back to a new album every two years or so sooner rather than later, but for now I say just enjoy the embarrassment of riches she is giving fans these days.

Last edited:
My daughter, who just turned fifteen, is pretty amped up for this. I may put it on at midnights and check it out myself.

My daughter, who just turned fifteen, is pretty amped up for this. I may put it on at midnights and check it out myself.
16 year old stayed up to give it a listen. And she will probably listen to it non-stop all weekend until she knows the words to every new song. Picking her up at her dance studio last night, it was all any of the kids were talking about.

Even more so as she just came downstairs saying TS dropped a surprise 15 more songs at 2am...a surprise double album.
The force of nature seems to be pretty accurate...that or an extremely crazy person who is addicted to the work of it all. Given how much music she has put out over the last 2 years plus touring all over. Pretty nuts.

Even more so as she just came downstairs saying TS dropped a surprise 15 more songs at 2am...a surprise double album.
The force of nature seems to be pretty accurate...that or an extremely crazy person who is addicted to the work of it all. Given how much music she has put out over the last 2 years plus touring all over. Pretty nuts.
I put it on when it dropped. I fell asleep half way, but I liked what I heard.

Users who are viewing this thread