What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hug Life Chronicles: :( (1 Viewer)

Oh, I don't think my game is strong. I do OK when I do choose to engage a target, but I certainly wasn't thinking I was special to her or anything. My whole thing was.. just be ####### honest. Pretty simple concept. :shrug:  
i'm a fan NRJ, you probably pull higher level #### than I do, and honestly from what you describe I'd have hit all of them along the way (admittedly that's not saying much).  I don't speak from criticism, but from experience.  

Has anyone checked the Purse Forum to see if Lacy has posted about being with a Saints fan wearing cargo shorts? She may have used the phrase, "hit it and quit it".

#### this #####. Seriously. 

Yeah, of course you can't understand how someone could treat another person like this. You're a good person, so you view others through that prism. You're ignoring that many people are inherently ####. 

I'm firmly with the "forget she ever existed and move on" group, but should you ever decide the time is nigh to exact some swift and terrible justice...well, I'm here for you, GB. 

#### this #####. Seriously. 

Yeah, of course you can't understand how someone could treat another person like this. You're a good person, so you view others through that prism. You're ignoring that many people are inherently ####. 
Am a fan of the Colonel, so I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, but a bunch of us have mentioned in one way or another that at some point, the post-college-age girl who's still into drinking / partying at midnight is not relationship material. And despite the "whatever it is" attitude, he's clearly one of the hopeful good guys who would not mind the happily ever after. (was going to say Happy Ending, but after a bunch of warm up hugs, he's doing ok there.)

Am a fan of the Colonel, so I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, but a bunch of us have mentioned in one way or another that at some point, the post-college-age girl who's still into drinking / partying at midnight is not relationship material. And despite the "whatever it is" attitude, he's clearly one of the hopeful good guys who would not mind the happily ever after. (was going to say Happy Ending, but after a bunch of warm up hugs, he's doing ok there.)
What you say is true, but #### that girl nonetheless.  Total BS move.

Hoping things pan out with the hot doctor - seems like a way more promising lead anyway.

Definitely agree. This was one of the big reasons nothing ever materialized beyond friendship with Kate and I. To be clear though, I had no illusions of this becoming a relationship. And I know you guys weren't privy to the conversations she and I have had, but I knew enough about her (well, thought I knew... now I doubt everything she ever said :lol:  )  and was comfortable enough with her, relationship or not, that I trusted her enough, well, to not do some scandalous #### like this. She could have simply been honest and I wouldn't have been upset at all. Hell, she could have flaked and completely ghosted me, and I might have been a little miffed since we had standing plans, but I wouldn't have been all that upset or surprised about it, because our arrangement was what it was. It was the dishonesty. She didn't just burn the bridge. She doused it with gasoline then threw a stick of dynamite on it. 

Definitely agree. This was one of the big reasons nothing ever materialized beyond friendship with Kate and I. To be clear though, I had no illusions of this becoming a relationship. And I know you guys weren't privy to the conversations she and I have had, but I knew enough about her (well, thought I knew... now I doubt everything she ever said :lol:  )  and was comfortable enough with her, relationship or not, that I trusted her enough, well, to not do some scandalous #### like this. She could have simply been honest and I wouldn't have been upset at all. Hell, she could have flaked and completely ghosted me, and I might have been a little miffed since we had standing plans, but I wouldn't have been all that upset or surprised about it, because our arrangement was what it was. It was the dishonesty. She didn't just burn the bridge. She doused it with gasoline then threw a stick of dynamite on it. 
The way I see it, she did you a favor in a roundabout way.  You had a couple of great nights with her, but she showed you her true colors before things progressed any further.  Sometimes you don't find out what duplicitous whores some women are until you've sunk an appreciable amount money, time, or affection into them.  This just enables you to pull the ripcord early and parachute the hell out of there before you got in too deep (well....)

The way I see it, she did you a favor in a roundabout way.  You had a couple of great nights with her, but she showed you her true colors before things progressed any further.  Sometimes you don't find out what duplicitous whores some women are until you've sunk an appreciable amount money, time, or affection into them.  This just enables you to pull the ripcord early and parachute the hell out of there before you got in too deep (well....)
100% agree, GB 

Cool.  Notch the bedpost and move on.  I haven't been around much lately - what do I need to know about this hot doctor you have a date with?
A year younger than me. No kids. Went to high school with her. One of the smartest and prettiest girls I can remember from those days. She looked me up on FB a few months ago, and we started chatting. She's sent me a few pics. She's still a smokeshow. She actually dropped out of high school because she got really sick her junior year and missed several weeks, to the point she was going to have to repeat the grade. So she got her GED and proceeded to get not only the MD degree but another degree as well. She's as sharp as a tack. I remembered her being sick in HS and actually asked her about that and she was impressed that I remembered.  I told her  I had a crush on her back in the day. :lol:  I actually saw her about 4 or 5 years ago, when she came into my father's pharmacy one day when I was working there.  She told me the other day that she had a huge crush on me at that time, but she was married then so it didn't seem right to say much to me.  We've had great conversation so far. She lives in Florida currently, but she comes back to this area once or twice a month (maybe more if this thing works out :lol:  ) to help out her sister who is a nurse practitioner in my hometown. She had told me she wanted to hang out next time she came in, so here we are. Oh and she's trying to get me to come to Florida to visit. She lives a few blocks from the beach, and pending another job interview, may be living ON the beach very soon. This one is intriguing to me, for sure. 

A year younger than me. No kids. Went to high school with her. One of the smartest and prettiest girls I can remember from those days. She looked me up on FB a few months ago, and we started chatting. She's sent me a few pics. She's still a smokeshow. She actually dropped out of high school because she got really sick her junior year and missed several weeks, to the point she was going to have to repeat the grade. So she got her GED and proceeded to get not only the MD degree but another degree as well. She's as sharp as a tack. I remembered her being sick in HS and actually asked her about that and she was impressed that I remembered.  I told her  I had a crush on her back in the day. :lol:  I actually saw her about 4 or 5 years ago, when she came into my father's pharmacy one day when I was working there.  She told me the other day that she had a huge crush on me at that time, but she was married then so it didn't seem right to say much to me.  We've had great conversation so far. She lives in Florida currently, but she comes back to this area once or twice a month (maybe more if this thing works out :lol:  ) to help out her sister who is a nurse practitioner in my hometown. She had told me she wanted to hang out next time she came in, so here we are. Oh and she's trying to get me to come to Florida to visit. She lives a few blocks from the beach, and pending another job interview, may be living ON the beach very soon. This one is intriguing to me, for sure. 
This sounds like the most promising lead yet.  Where in FL does she live (you can ballpark it if you don't want to give a specific town)?

That is a lot of travel for sex.  I barely enjoy driving 5 miles for pizza.

Depends on the color of the dots and how many get posted in a long weekend.
:goodposting:  I told her that the first time I have 3+ days without kids, whenever that may be, I'm there. I can justify 16 hours (round trip) of driving for 36-48 hours of baseball games. Plus, it's the beach. I'm a fan. Also, will drive for good pizza. :lol:  

:goodposting:  I told her that the first time I have 3+ days without kids, whenever that may be, I'm there. I can justify 16 hours (round trip) of driving for 36-48 hours of baseball games. Plus, it's the beach. I'm a fan. Also, will drive for good pizza. :lol:  
Thank God I'm not single.

I mean, you seem to be navigating these treacherous waters just fine, all things considered.  A few hidden float mines have gone off in your vicinity but you've managed to stay away from any massive damage.

I'm exhausted reading all of it.

Thank God I'm not single.

I mean, you seem to be navigating these treacherous waters just fine, all things considered.  A few hidden float mines have gone off in your vicinity but you've managed to stay away from any massive damage.

I'm exhausted reading all of it.
:lol:  What can I say, I'm a single dad raising 2 teenagers and I don't get out much. I enjoy traveling. And baseball. Including away games. ;)  

Users who are viewing this thread