What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Jeselnik Offensive - funniest new show on TV (1 Viewer)

jdoggydogg

Footballguy
Anyone watching The Jeselnik Offensive?

First season just wrapped up, and the second season is already renewed.

I'm a fan of Anthony Jeselnik, the first few episodes were good and they had some awesome Sacred Cow segments which were the highlights of the show. the latter half of the season was borderline unwatchable with the same offensive jokes/punchlines every episode and a completely worthless panel, which was never funny. I would hope they would do more of his filmed segments in a season 2, those were the highlights

Is it better than his stand up? Checked that out a while back and it was not that funny. He tries to way too hard to be offensive.

Is it better than his stand up? Checked that out a while back and it was not that funny. He tries to way too hard to be offensive.
Not even close. If you didnt like his standup you will hate this show because the jokes are all offensive but not nearly as clever as his standup jokes which i felt were very clever.

jdoggydogg said:
biggamer3 said:
a completely worthless panel, which was never funny.
Clearly, we don't agree about what is or isn't funny.
yeah, maybe I was just upset since i was really looking forward to this show being a big fan of his and placing high expectations on him.

I actually like Ross' show more. Jeselnek is pretty funny and I'll continue to watch but it's a B-tier show.
I agree with this. I think Ross' show is pretty consistently funny from what I've seen. I think his interactions with the guest comics are much funnier. I think Jeselnek is generally funny, but his show falls flat at times.

I saw Jeselnik last Saturday here in Denver and I was a little disappointed. He rehashed a significant number of his jokes (I would say somewhere between 30 and 40 percent) from his last two specials/cds/whatever (Shakespeare and Caligula). The new material was funny, but combining the fact that his set was short at around 45 minutes and him closing out the last 15-20 minutes on jokes I've heard before, it wasn't quite what I was hoping. The nice thing was that the tickets were fairly cheap at $25, so I still feel good about going.

I saw Jeselnik last Saturday here in Denver and I was a little disappointed. He rehashed a significant number of his jokes (I would say somewhere between 30 and 40 percent) from his last two specials/cds/whatever (Shakespeare and Caligula). The new material was funny, but combining the fact that his set was short at around 45 minutes and him closing out the last 15-20 minutes on jokes I've heard before, it wasn't quite what I was hoping. The nice thing was that the tickets were fairly cheap at $25, so I still feel good about going.
thats lame, he is not one of those comedians who should be repeating his material because a lot of his jokes are crafted for the surprise ending to the jokes, once you hear that its pretty tough to listen to again. Other comedians like Hedburg and CK, i can listen to 100 times since the actual delivery of the material is hilarious.

thats lame, he is not one of those comedians who should be repeating his material because a lot of his jokes are crafted for the surprise ending to the jokes, once you hear that its pretty tough to listen to again. Other comedians like Hedburg and CK, i can listen to 100 times since the actual delivery of the material is hilarious.
In his defense, he did just have his special like 2 months ago and its got to be pretty hard to sit up there with 45 minutes of new one liners.

He's got a new special on Netflix. Freaking hilarious.

Paraphrased joke below

I saw this absolutely gorgeous woman at a bar. I asked her what she did.....she said "I'm a Brain Surgeon". [pause] Now I don't want to come off as sexist here [pause] But it's rare that you find women that can pull of sarcasm.

Paraphrased joke below

I saw this absolutely gorgeous woman at a bar. I asked her what she did.....she said "I'm a Brain Surgeon". [pause] Now I don't want to come off as sexist here [pause] But it's rare that you find women that can pull of sarcasm.
And then the camera shows a lady in the audience who looked offended. I thought the first and last 15 minutes were his best material to date but the middle half of his set was some of his worst.

Paraphrased joke below

Saw him at the Oddball Festival in Tampa and he did that joke. He's great live if you ever get the chance to see him.

Users who are viewing this thread