What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

the london game, mia vs no (3 Viewers)

Whats really bad about it is this is what the English think our football is.  They must think we are morons for enjoying this kind of sport.  I'm surprised to see so many people at these London games. You couldn't pay me to go.
Some of them pay for the package and see more than just the England game. 

Whats really bad about it is this is what the English think our football is.  They must think we are morons for enjoying this kind of sport.  I'm surprised to see so many people at these London games. You couldn't pay me to go.
I'm guessing they get NFL games on their tellys?

If so, they see good American football too...

Now seems like as good of a time as ever for Vince McMahon to roll out that XFL idea again. Sunday Night Wars?

There actually is a rather large fanbase of American Football here. I Recently retired from the Amateur sport league here and there are over 60 contact teams in this country in just the Adult league, there are about as many universities here that have contact teams, they even play Flag in some parts of the the early school system as well. The grassroots programs here are much better than you think. Never going to be the level we have in the US but there is a pretty big chunk of fans in the UK. 

That's what this week looked like too.
I wasn't expecting the fish to be good in this game. Saints D has shown they're a bit improved this year.

And the Dolphins have looked super mediocre on offense lately.

I don't think the fish will be world beaters, but looking at the specific matchup it seems like a poor one to exploit since the dolphins strengths play well against the Titans weakness. 

On paper at least. ;)  

HOW DOES NEW ORLEANS NOT RECOVER THAT. WAS THAT GUY TRYING TO TIE HIS SHOES INSTEAD OF RECOVERYING IT? 

HOW DOES NEW ORLEANS NOT RECOVER THAT. WAS THAT GUY TRYING TO TIE HIS SHOES INSTEAD OF RECOVERYING IT? 
Just went in my garage and tried to pick up a football. Couldn't do it to save my life, I get it now, this stuffs difficult. 

There actually is a rather large fanbase of American Football here. I Recently retired from the Amateur sport league here and there are over 60 contact teams in this country in just the Adult league, there are about as many universities here that have contact teams, they even play Flag in some parts of the the early school system as well. The grassroots programs here are much better than you think. Never going to be the level we have in the US but there is a pretty big chunk of fans in the UK. 
Yeah - I saw a short documentary on NFL fans in the U.K. It's a sizable number. 

Why even run that play there?  If you're just trying to get to 4th down so you can punt why not just go ahead and punt?  Why run a 3 yard play to waste 40 seconds in a game you're trailing by two scores with 10 minutes left?

3rd & 20 they're running off tackle (negated by delay of game)

3rd & 25 let's run a 2 yard flare pattern

this down 0-13

like watching the 4th PS game here

should probably just clear the bench and start packing up the locker room

Why even run that play there?  If you're just trying to get to 4th down so you can punt why not just go ahead and punt?  Why run a 3 yard play to waste 40 seconds in a game you're trailing by two scores with 10 minutes left?
I know right. Just throw a hail mary, what is there to lose?

Bree's is like gumby. Always jumps back up after a big hit. Can't remember him limping around after a hit. 

Right now is probably a good time to go grab the Titan defense, as they host the pathetic Dolphin offense next week.
Except the Titans D is weak AF. Sad pass rush, mediocre secondary. Unlikely they'll be able to capitalize - in fact it's a highly winnable game for the dolphins to go pass happy. 
Titans DT should be dominant with schedule they have, but it’s like they built it to stop their offense instead of the rest of the NFL.

How much longer before the Dolphins start looking at firing Gase? That team is about as uninspired and disinterested as I've ever seen.

Everything looks ok but the QB. I'm not really sure what exactly is wrong with Miami but everything is wrong. 
Cutler is not a leader from all accounts. He's occasionally capable of big games but needs protection & that OL just isn't doing it for him. 

Playcaling has been uh, interesting. But with so little TOP it's hard to truly judge competence there. 

Users who are viewing this thread