What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Miami Dolphins at The Las Vegas Raiders +2.5(49.5)** (1 Viewer)

Any Phins fans still want Tua starting next week? Didn’t think so. They should have given Tua the hook sooner, but Fitz saves their bacon nonetheless. Hopefully for the sake of Phins fans going forward they do the thing they should have done all along... start Fitz. 

The only Head Coach I have ever seen able to use the back up QB effectively and bring them in off the bench was Don Shula. He did it in Baltimore before he got to Miami, he it with Earl Morrall in '72 when there was injury and then also did it with Don Strock. 

Brian Flores is in some rare air being able to get away with switching his QBs. I cannot see how Tua starts next week in Buffalo. But I questioned when Fitz was taken out originally. 

kind of feel like FLores will do the opposite of what we think, h might want Buffalo to game plan for both which would be tougher. 

The last time Fitz needed a win to get into the playoffs in week 17 he and the Jets went into Buffalo and he was trash, 3 ints I think. 

Not sure Buf will need the game, and a Mia win may set up a playoff rematch the next week. Should be good. 

Myles Gaskin career night, 87 rush, 82 rec, 2 TDs receiving. Huge night for FF purposes but he was a major reason Miami was even in a position for Fitz to lead them bak to victory. 

Holy #### !!!

Memories of SD vs MiA hook & ladder Kellen Winslow ‘81.

Still don’t know how Fitz completed that pass to Mack f’n Hollins.

Any Phins fans still want Tua starting next week? Didn’t think so. They should have given Tua the hook sooner, but Fitz saves their bacon nonetheless. Hopefully for the sake of Phins fans going forward they do the thing they should have done all along... start Fitz. 
Flores just announced Tua as the starting QB against the Bills.

Every week I wonder why Flores won't admit what everyone else can see. That offense is better with Fitz, and there's nothing wrong with Tua sitting and learning. Fitz doesn't wait for 5 yards of separation before throwing. Trust your playmakers, and he does that when guiding them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every week I wonder why Flores won't admit what everyone else can see. That offense is better with Fitz, and there's nothig wrong with Tua sitting and learning. Fitz doesn't wait for 5 yards of separation before throwing. Trust your playmakers.
Exactly. And for all the people insistent that Tua has to play now to develop, playoffs be damned, Flores is really instituting a rather unique development plan. I’m sure starting him and yanking him out of multiple games now is a real confidence builder. 

We’ll never know, but it ended up being one of the greatest passes a QB has ever thrown.
I’ve been a Dolphins fan for 35 years and that was one of the best plays I’ve ever seen.  It’s up there with Marino’s fake spike against the Jets.  

The pass to Gesicki down the seam reminded me of Marino.  

I agree.  Fitz should be starting but I can’t fault the coach for whatever decision he makes.  

I’ve been a Dolphins fan for 35 years and that was one of the best plays I’ve ever seen.  It’s up there with Marino’s fake spike against the Jets.  

The pass to Gesicki down the seam reminded me of Marino.  

I agree.  Fitz should be starting but I can’t fault the coach for whatever decision he makes.  
My condolences 

I agree with you, it was unreal when it happened and I actually thought he got hit late or even mangled/hurt as the camera kept going with the ball. Even when he caught it, sigh of relief to see Fitz moving and then to see the facemask on the replay from a couple angles we couldn't see it as clearly live, just an incredible play and yet Flores will roll with Tua are the early reports. 

If Miami doesn't draft a QB, is there a place where Fitz has a better chance to start than Miami? I don't think Tua will ever be  a top 20 NFL QB.  The college hype was based on Alabama-open WRs and a great running game and oline.

Every week I wonder why Flores won't admit what everyone else can see. That offense is better with Fitz, and there's nothing wrong with Tua sitting and learning. Fitz doesn't wait for 5 yards of separation before throwing. Trust your playmakers, and he does that when guiding them.
If you're waiting for 5 yards of deperation with these receivers you'll never throw the ball.

This a weird situation. 

Tua is not helping this team in any way.

Fitz gives them a much better chance at winning. Without that Def, the Dolphins would be laughed at in the league by most of us by now.

Cmon 94 yards? Fitz got 182 in a few minutes. Just no argument and coach going with Tua is a pride thing in my opinion.  
Picking a QB is not easy - look at the bad selections in recent history - Haskins (#15), Rosen (#10), Trubisky (#2), and some that are trending bad including Wentz (#2), Darnold (#3).  Flores has picked Tua (#5) and gave up a late 2nd round pick for Rosen, neither of whom will ever make an impact IMO.  He needs to pick another QB in the 2021 draft, unless he can convince Fitz that there will really be an open competition in 2021. 

I don't know how that staff is coaching him, but he looks scared to try anything beyond five yards. Dink and dunk was not his game at Alabama, so I'm not sure what's going on. Either way, he's not ready, plain and simple.

Could you use a delay of game to run off additional time in that scenario? Similar to what Tennessee did in the playoffs to NE around the 5 minute mark last year. Not sure if different rules in last 2 minutes.
No. Under last season's rules the clock would stay stopped inside of the final five minutes. Tennessee did it earlier than that.

But they closed the loophole this year for the entire 4th quarter and overtime. As far as I know you could still do it to use up time approaching halftime though.

I don't know how that staff is coaching him, but he looks scared to try anything beyond five yards. Dink and dunk was not his game at Alabama, so I'm not sure what's going on. Either way, he's not ready, plain and simple.
The Dolphins do not win playoff games with Tua this year or next.   Fitz would have carved the weak Raiders D up and the game would have been a blow out.  The Raiders D is really bad.   Tua kept the game close.  

It reminds me a lot of the Bears after Mitch makes a mistake.  They lean to 2-yard passes to the sidelines that go 15 yards in the air.   I understand that they have injuries, but they have a top 3-5 defense this year also.  They would be a great sleeper to go to the SB with Fitz.

The Dolphins do not win playoff games with Tua this year or next.   Fitz would have carved the weak Raiders D up and the game would have been a blow out.  The Raiders D is really bad.   Tua kept the game close.  
Fitz entered the game with around 9:00 left in the 4th Q...he spearheaded not 1, not 2 but 3 Drives ending with points. Every drive he was under center they scored. 

Miami had 13 when he entered and 26 when he left, the Phins needed every single one of those 13 points Fitz produced in the late 4th. 

Fitz entered the game with around 9:00 left in the 4th Q...he spearheaded not 1, not 2 but 3 Drives ending with points. Every drive he was under center they scored. 

Miami had 13 when he entered and 26 when he left, the Phins needed every single one of those 13 points Fitz produced in the late 4th. 
Fitz should start if Miami want to win vs the Bills next week. These are all the routes to a playoff spot:

>>Indy going up 2 TDs on Steelers isn't worth fretting because it was difficult to envision Indy losing to Jags next week. Dolphins' best chance to make it remains: 1) Browns losing to Jets (down 13-3) & to Pittsburgh; or 2) Baltimore losing at Cincy or 3) Miami winning at Buffalo<<

>>With a Steelers loss and Bills win against the Pats; the Bills would clinch the #2 seed and would probably rest their starters against the fins next week.<<

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1343272162765975552

Users who are viewing this thread