What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (3 Viewers)

Tucker was dropped for the bye. Will put in a claim but the owner that dropped him picks ahead of me so he may try to sneak him back.

Anyone dropping Hopkins for Gay??
No because Gay is already on a roster.

Getting 7 points a week from Hopkins isn't going to win games like the 12-15 he was getting for that one month, but he has about as reliable a floor as anyone else so I'm going to ride him out, winter weather and all.

If Gay was an option I would take it though.

All the kickers I had on my watch list the last few weeks (and were highly rated) sucked worse than Hopkins' 7s.

This seems to be the year that streaming kickers has been a waste of time, no offense to this thread.

I can either go with Sanders, Bass, Groupe or Koo. Tough choice!
Have the same last three. Going with Koo in the dome.

Groupe kind of a bum. Misses too many kicks. Think BUF/KC could be a game where both offenses are looking for TDs and going for it on 4th down.

Anyone dropping Hopkins for Gay??

I would do this (I have Gay in 3 leagues). Hopkins' numbers were inflated a bit earlier due to an inordinate number of 50yd+ FGs, which won't happen in Cleveland (site of 3 of 4 of their next 4 games) in winter. Except for this week, Gay kicks in a dome 3 of the next 4 weeks.

Worst part is that Gay missed a easy FG and then comes back with a missed Extra Point. I so wanted those 4 points. He winds up with a zero. I dropped Greg Z. Due to his goose egg few weeks ago and now Gay lays an egg. Now I’m pining for Greg. What a disaster.

I like Matt Gay:
  • 13. at TEN (9th most FFA to Ks)
  • 14. at CIN (5th)
  • 15. PIT (18th)
  • 16. at ATL (4th)
  • 17. LV (13th)
8/10 on 50+ this year. Does have the possibility of bad weather in Cincy next week but 3 straight in domes during the playoffs.

missed from 30-39 and missed PAT for a neat (-2.0) in our format

previous 8 weeks: 12, 10, 8, 10, 11, 6, 10., 14

81 points, 10.13 ppg

I like Matt Gay:
  • 13. at TEN (9th most FFA to Ks)
  • 14. at CIN (5th)
  • 15. PIT (18th)
  • 16. at ATL (4th)
  • 17. LV (13th)
8/10 on 50+ this year. Does have the possibility of bad weather in Cincy next week but 3 straight in domes during the playoffs.

missed from 30-39 and missed PAT for a neat (-2.0) in our format

previous 8 weeks: 12, 10, 8, 10, 11, 6, 10., 14

81 points, 10.13 ppg

Fantasy football is hard.

I'm sticking with Gay. No homo.
What are we doing now that Gay has a hip issue and missed practice yesterday?

If Gay practices in full today or on Friday, I’d be inclined to start him in my semi-final, but if he’s not, I’m thinking about pivoting to Fairbairn even though he’s up against the Browns. The usage last week was unreal and lived up to the expectations people had for Fairbairn before the injury.

I too got Gay in my lineup. He’s missed 3 FGs and an extra point in the last 2 weeks. Now the news of a injury has me worried.
Was tempted to go with Gay but it seems like he's got the yipps suddenly.

Found Bass on the wire. High probability of extra points, but hopefully in the 2nd half the offense kinda mails it in and stalls in the red zone up by a ton.

Mcmanus missed two 50 yarders, Lawrence fumbled deep into field goal range, The Jags throw at the 5 yard line with 6 seconds left in the half and can’t get out f bounds missing another fg opportunity.

I feel like I had the right guy.

Do I roll with him again? At TB or grab Jason Saunders home against Dallas or Fairbairn home against Cleveland?

I'm sticking with Gay. No homo.
What are we doing now that Gay has a hip issue and missed practice yesterday?

If Gay practices in full today or on Friday, I’d be inclined to start him in my semi-final, but if he’s not, I’m thinking about pivoting to Fairbairn even though he’s up against the Browns. The usage last week was unreal and lived up to the expectations people had for Fairbairn before the injury.
FairBairn has been good all year. I like K’s on teams with defensive HC’s, seem to play for FG’s more. I couldn’t use a K with injury concerns with the season on the line. Santos if available has been good also.

Gay doesn’t have an injury designation going into Week 16, but he’s been shaky the last few weeks.

Sanders and Fairbairn both have rough matchups. Cowboys & Browns have given up a league low 14 FGM (18 & 20 FGA.)

ECR says Gay & Sanders are my best options.

Folk, Lutz, McPherson & Zuerlein all out there but don’t feel like any of them are compelling.

:shrug:

Gay doesn’t have an injury designation going into Week 16, but he’s been shaky the last few weeks.

Sanders and Fairbairn both have rough matchups. Cowboys & Browns have given up a league low 14 FGM (18 & 20 FGA.)

Folk, Lutz, McPherson & Zuerlein all out there but don’t feel like any of them are compelling.

Curious to know, what does ECR say about Moody? Who's the better start?

Curious to know, what does ECR say about Moody? Who's the better start?

Moody is K6

I’m in a similar boat. Been rolling out Gay for the past few weeks but the lingering hip injury and 2 missed FGs last week have me concerned. Did you know he also has a newborn? I have one of those right now, and I feel out of synch with life and sleep deprived, so I’m assuming he does too.

I’m leaning Fairbairn even with the daunting Browns matchup. Helps that he’s at home and I’ve heard that the Browns D doesn’t play as well on the road, but I would need someone who has been following this topic more closely to confirm. I also saw that the Browns will be missing standout linebacker Anthony Walker Jr. and have some injuries along the defense. Maybe a Browns homer can confirm how impactful that will be.

If I chicken out on both Gay and Fairbairn, Santos is starting to look appealing against that bottom tier Arizona D. Sanders isn’t available in my league, or I’d give him a long look, even though Miami seems to score more TDs than FGs and will be in a shootout with Dallas with that 49.5 point over/under, but maybe that just means there will be lots of fantasy points to go around in that game?

Good luck. I’ll be curious to know which kicker you choose!

Last edited:
It's my weekly knowledge drop that putting any thought into a kicker is like buying ice scrapers living in Hawaii. Start one that can make a 50 plus yarder and hope he makes 2 of them.

My opponent this week is rolling with the Vikings K, whom he drafted.

Joseph has reached double figures just three times this season. He has scored 13 fantasy points in his last three games combined. The odds of him getting six or fewer is higher than the chance he tops 10 fantasy points. Due to that, you have to get away in the fantasy semis.

It's my weekly knowledge drop that putting any thought into a kicker is like buying ice scrapers living in Hawaii. Start one that can make a 50 plus yarder and hope he makes 2 of them.
Consider Koo. He missed two 50 yarders last week, one hit the uprights, but he has a good track record from 50+, 23 of 30. The Falcons have moved the ball a little better with Heinicke, Robinson is healthy, it's in a dome, and with IND near full strength, there should be scoring.

Eta: His holder, the punter missed practice cause his wife's in labor. Something to keep an eye on.

Mind games people! That's what kickers do to us and is doing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I have Moody but couldn't help myself and checked expert rankings and the majority of them have Gay ahead of him.

I'm in a dogfight this week and the guy reaching the finals could be determined by the kicker!

Gay is still there for the taking for me. Now I'm polarized because I had to look at expert rankings and now I'm going through the agony of mind games choosing who to start!

Mind games people! That's what kickers do to us and is doing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I have Moody but couldn't help myself and checked expert rankings and the majority of them have Gay ahead of him.

I'm in a dogfight this week and the guy reaching the finals could be determined by the kicker!

Gay is still there for the taking for me. Now I'm polarized because I had to look at expert rankings and now I'm going through the agony of mind games choosing who to start!
Go Gay and don't turn back.

Thoughts on Bass tonight at LAC indoors vs Tucker Monday @ Niners? I have both and normally would set and forget Tucker but its a tough matchup. Weather doesnt look to be a problem.

Thoughts on Bass tonight at LAC indoors vs Tucker Monday @ Niners? I have both and normally would set and forget Tucker but its a tough matchup. Weather doesnt look to be a problem.
Dynasty: Have Tucker and dropped Gay to roll with Tucker. Thinking Balt can move the ball into FG territory couple of times

That's a tough one. Bass probably the safest play. BUF should be playing with a lead, should get several possessions, etc.

Usually in a battle of titans coaches think they need TDs not FGs.

That said, I've gotten kickers wrong all year.

Tough one for me, McPherson in the rain at Pitt or Elliot in an offense that hates FGs :wall:
In a similar dilemma with Elliott. Experts have him rated high but not sure I trust it between them liking to go for it on fourth and short and Eagles not being the offensive machine they were early in the year when Elliott was scoring so well. Tempted to drop him for Hopkins who can kick long FGs and playing at Houston in a perfect climate for kicking.

Users who are viewing this thread