What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Official Randall 'touchdown robber' Cobber Bandwagon** (3 Viewers)

I'm starting Cobb over Beasley?

I'm starting Cobb over Shenault?

I'm starting Cobb over __________

What are you up against if you gotta pull the trigger on him tonight? Hard to fill up a Flex spot with a dice roll on TNF, yeah/nay?

How can Cobb have less than 10 targets tonight?  A-aron trusts him and really has only two other trusted targets - Tonyan and A. Jones.  I'd love to have Jones, but would comfortably start Tonyan and Cobb(flex).

How can Cobb have less than 10 targets tonight?  A-aron trusts him and really has only two other trusted targets - Tonyan and A. Jones.  I'd love to have Jones, but would comfortably start Tonyan and Cobb(flex).
Green Bay leans run heavy, and both Jones and Dillon have over 15 carries? Packers only throw 25 times, and Cobb is still 3rd in the pecking order, and goes 5-45.

Maybe Cobb has a nice game tonight, but personally, I'll believe it when I see it. 

Green Bay leans run heavy, and both Jones and Dillon have over 15 carries? Packers only throw 25 times, and Cobb is still 3rd in the pecking order, and goes 5-45.

Maybe Cobb has a nice game tonight, but personally, I'll believe it when I see it. 
Fifteen carries is really ambitious for Dillon. I detailed this in the game thread, but if you could tell me that he'd get that many carries, I'd start him without hesitation. In fact, you've got me re-thinking Cobb, but Cobb's O/U and floor feels like what I need this week. I'd love to play Dillon, but I can't see it. 

Drafted AB heavy this season.....5 of 6 leagues. Also have Kadarius Toney, but can't afford to wait and see if he plays. So, it's Cobb for me in 5 leagues.

I really like his chances. He's a baller and Rodgers trusts him....they also have a long and well-documented connection.

So, that being said, we shall see. It's risky.....but I consider it a calculated risk. This is fantasy football after all. Might be a long, miserable wait until Sunday.

Not even a freaking look yet can't believe I fell for this. Jones has like 6 rec and he dropped a bomb from arod 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's risky.....but I consider it a calculated risk. This is fantasy football after all. Might be a long, miserable wait until Sunday.

Whelp, barring a second half miracle, it's gonna be that miserable wait until Sunday.

Still don't think it was the wrong lineup call. He had his chance at a TD, but dropped it. He wasn't interfered with....just tight coverage. Looked like he short-armed it, for some reason. He catches that 8 outta 10 times. Fantasy football can be a cruel mistress.

Edit: Had another chance at the hail-mary TD to end the half. Woulda been tough....but it was catchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still don't think it was the wrong lineup call. He had his chance at a TD, but dropped it. He wasn't interfered with....just tight coverage. Looked like he short-armed it, for some reason. He catches that 8 outta 10 times. Fantasy football can be a cruel mistress.
We're watching a different game, then. I didn't think that was even catchable because the defender had him wrapped up a bit while the pass was just thrown. 

We're watching a different game, then. I didn't think that was even catchable because the defender had him wrapped up a bit while the pass was just thrown. 

Went back and watched it several times. Defender was tight and might have slowed him a bit, but his hands were on his back, not wrapped at all. Ball hit Cobb in the hands but off his fingers, For some reason, though, his arms weren't fully extended.

Just bad luck....

Dude...has anyone evah been more wrong in the history of FF?
It was looking rough BnB in the 1st half of that football game, there wasn't much happening, in fact if not for those 2 point blank range TDs, he was no factor in them moving the ball down the field, not on any drive I can remember. 

But Im grateful he scored twice

It was looking rough BnB in the 1st half of that football game, there wasn't much happening, in fact if not for those 2 point blank range TDs, he was no factor in them moving the ball down the field, not on any drive I can remember. 

But Im grateful he scored twice

That's why they play the game.

That's why you play until the whistle.

Tonite was the biggest FF dfs gift in ages or at least since D'Ernest.

I mean he's the Touchdown Cobbler, how do you not play him when Rodgers WR1 and WR2 and possible WR3 are out against a high scoring opponent?

I mean he's the Touchdown Cobbler, how do you not play him when Rodgers WR1 and WR2 and possible WR3 are out against a high scoring opponent?
Because he went 3/15 and happened to score touchdowns? His night would have been lousy but for Rodgers looking for him in the red zone. Cobb certainly didn't get them into that area. 

And I started Cobb tonight, so it's not sour grapes. It's just that he looked useless out there besides the two touchdowns. 

After my debacle last week with Aiyuk (whom I dropped for Cobb), I couldn't be more pleased. Nice to hit one occasionally.  :boxing:

Congrats to all who had the nads to start him. Makes the next three days much more pleasant.

Randall Cobb caught 3-of-5 targets for 15 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' Week 8 win over the Cardinals. 

With Davante Adams and Allen Lazard on the COVID-19 list as Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) remains on injured reserve, Juwan Winfree actually led the Packers' receiver corps in targets this evening (Aaron Jones led the team). Nevertheless, it was #OldFriend Cobb who Aaron Rodgers looked to in the end zone, finding Cobb for scores of two and six yards. Cobb got the better of Byron Murphy on both touchdowns. Cobb did what he needed to do this evening, but with Adams, Lazard and MVS probably all returning for Week 9 against Kansas City, Cobb will be back off the fantasy radar. 

Oct 29, 2021, 12:40 AM ET

Because he went 3/15 and happened to score touchdowns? His night would have been lousy but for Rodgers looking for him in the red zone. Cobb certainly didn't get them into that area. 

And I started Cobb tonight, so it's not sour grapes. It's just that he looked useless out there besides the two touchdowns. 

**The Official Randall 'touchdown robber' Cobber Bandwagon**

It's been that way since day one Rock.  I understand this thread may not be for you.  Plenty of other threads out there.  Have a nice season.

ESPN reports Randall Cobb will be sidelined "several games" after undergoing core muscle surgery, and this season is "in jeopardy."

Cobb went under the knife last week. It is an operation that cost teammate Allen Lazard six weeks in 2020. Cobb will undoubtedly be headed to injured reserve on Saturday, costing him at least Weeks 14-16. The Packers think in terms of "Super Bowl or bust," so it's possible, if not likely, Cobb is held out for the rest of the regular season with an eye toward being 100 percent for January. Cobb has made minimal fantasy impact in 2021 but been a decent "real life" addition for the receiver-needy Pack. His injury is just the latest for a receiver corps that has rarely been at 100 percent health in 2021. Perhaps this finally opens the door to more looks for rookie Amari Rodgers. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 9, 2021, 6:18 PM ET

Speaking Wednesday, Matt LaFleur told reporters that he "anticipates" Randall Cobb (core muscle surgery) playing in the Divisional round against the 49ers.

Cobb suffered a core injury in Week 12 and underwent surgery. The Packers have yet to activate him from injured reserve but he's eligible to be activated prior to their game against the 49ers. Cobb would provide Aaron Rodgers with a reliable underneath option in the passing game. He shapes up as a TD-dependent fantasy dart throw in the Divisional round.

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman on Twitter

Jan 19, 2022, 12:56 PM ET

The Packers are expected to release WR Randall Cobb this offseason.

Last year’s Aaron Rodgers holdout led to Green Bay’s trade for Cobb, who had five touchdowns in 12 games before spending the final five weeks on IR. Cobb was the Packers’ No. 4 receiver but made three starts and played 47% of snaps with Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Allen Lazard missing time. There’s a chance Cobb restructures if Rodgers returns with the Packers. Green Bay can save $6.75 million with Cobb’s release and $8 million against the cap if they make Cobb a post-June cut.

SOURCE: Milwaukee Journel Sentinel

Feb 6, 2022, 10:37 AM ET

Randall Cobb caught 2-of-3 targets for 14 yards in the Packers' Week 1 loss to the Vikings.

Cobb was a non-factor in the Packers' embarrassing loss to the Vikings. His three looks were good for an eight percent target share. Green Bay's offense should rebound versus the Bears in Week 2, but Allen Lazard's return will all but ensure Cobb's looks are limited. Fantasy managers can cut ties with Cobb on the next run of waivers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Speaking Monday, Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said Randall Cobb (ankle) avoided a serious injury, but that he's expected to miss some time.​

Cobb was carted from the field in Sunday's loss to the Jets, but the news appears to be mostly good for the veteran wide receiver. Already thin at receiver, the Packers can ill-afford to lose Cobb, whose 257 receiving yards is second on the team behind Allen Lazard. The team won't rule out the possibility of placing Cobb on injured reserve, although nothing has been confirmed at this time. Second-year receiver Amari Rodgers replaced Cobb in the slot and could be in line for a heavier workload in the coming weeks.
RELATED:
Oct 17, 2022, 4:38 PM ET

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Randall Cobb (ankle) could play in Week 11 against the Titans.​

Cobb has been on injured reserve since injuring his ankle in the Packers' Week 6 loss to the Jets. Now eligible to return, LaFleur said the team is hoping to have Cobb available for walkthroughs and that he could end up playing on Thursday night against the Titans. Cobb has caught 18 passes for 257 yards in six games this season, with a majority of his production coming in a 7/99 effort in Week 5 against the Giants. If he's able to return vs. the Titans, Cobb will be hard to trust as anything more than a WR4.
Nov 14, 2022, 2:51 PM ET

Packers designated Randall Cobb (ankle) to return from injured reserve.​

This technically opens up a 21-day window for Cobb to return, but Cobb spoke with the media today and the Packers waived Amari Rodgers, strongly hinting at the possibility that Cobb could be up for Thursday Night Football. Allen Lazard and Christian Watson figure to be the main targets for Green Bay regardless of Cobb's presence, but the veteran wideout will add experienced depth when activated.
Nov 15, 2022, 4:45 PM ET

Randall Cobb caught all six targets for 73 yards in the Packers' Week 11 loss to the Titans.​

Cobb's cohesion with quarterback Aaron Rodgers was sorely missed whilst on the injured reserve, something he quickly demonstrated in his first game back. His snap rate wasn't up to the pre-injury levels that fantasy managers had grown accustomed to, which could be viewed as a positive considering he still led the team in receiving. Expect better days ahead for the veteran slot-man.
Nov 18, 2022, 12:01 AM ET

SportsIllustrated.com reports Randall Cobb intends to play in 2023.​

The soon-to-be 33 year old wide receiver will reportedly return for his 13th NFL season, with or without his close friend Aaron Rodgers. Cobb appeared in 12 games last season and recently underwent a cleanup procedure on his ankle, something that could hold him out of offseason workouts and OTAs. Cobb should continue in a late career situational role with the Packers, catching passes from either Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love.
SOURCE: Sports Illustrated
Mar 13, 2023, 8:32 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Randall Cobb could be part of a deal that brings Aaron Rodgers to the Jets.

Rodgers forced the Packers to bring Cobb back to Green Bay in 2021 and it seems he'll take Cobb with him to New York, if a trade eventually goes down between the Packers and Jets. Cobb caught 34 passes for 417 yards and one touchdown last year in 13 games for the Packers, operating as a rotational slot receiver. Cobb will enter his age-33 season with little chance to beat out Elijah Moore for slot duties if he lands with the Jets. Rodgers, of course, could dictate playing time for his buddies, including Allen Lazard, who's working on a deal with New York.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:25 AM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets are expected to sign Randall Cobb, formerly of the Packers.​

It's reportedly a one-year deal. Cobb is the latest Rodgers buddy to make the trip from Green Bay to New York, along with Allen Lazard. In March, Rodgers gave the Jets a list of demands, including the signing of several former Packers. Rodgers had Packers brass bring Cobb, nearly 33, back to the Packers in 2021, after Cobb spent two years away from Green Bay, playing for the Cowboys and Texans. Cobb in 2022 caught 34 passes in 13 games, operating as the Packers' primary slot guy. He'll compete with Mecole Hardman for slot snaps this season. Rodgers will tell Jets coaches exactly how to deploy Cobb, along with every other offensive player. That could mean a surprising amount of playing time for Cobb, who might not be on an NFL roster if not for Rodgers. We're monitoring the status of Donald Driver and James Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 3, 2023, 8:49 AM ET

Aaron is like Adam Sandler. Just loves his guys. Living the dream, playing football for a living, Get me my dudes.

Have to figure he's essentially a WR room liaison. Like having "Well Aaron's going to want to do this..." guy in the WR meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread