What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Republican party is in a death spiral... (2 Viewers)

The Alt-Rs in congress are in a bad situation right now.  Have to wait to see what trump says before they can talk.  And when they do trump does a 180 on them.  

Don't know where to put this, but here seems as good a place as any.  Between Trump's visit falling flat on it's face here in Florida yesterday to the scam they are running to solicit donations.  It's pretty entertaining to watch.  It's pretty obvious they are really targeting old people.
Seems, I don't know, illegal. If course that doesn't matter these days. 

As for the subject of the thread itself, the rep party is either going to rule the US until something really horrible happens or will be regulated to the shadows. There won't be any in between. 

The GOP has never experienced this level of health before.
"(Pro-slavery Kansans) are making the best of a bad case by vociferating that the freedom of Kansas is the death of the Republican party."
– New York Tribune, Oct. 30, 1856

"That vote means the death of the Republican Party." 
  – Sen. George Frisbie Hoar (R-Massachusetts), Jan. 7, 1891, per the Decatur, Illinois Morning Review

"Our one best hope for a united people would be the election of Gen. Eisenhower. His defeat would mean the death of the Republican party."
  – L.N. Barnes, writing to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Oct. 17, 1952

"The trauma inflicted on the Grand Old Party by what is generally known as 'Watergate' has left few signs of life."
  – Burlington Free Press, Oct. 16, 1975

"What we're seeing is the end of the Republican Party as we know it."
  – Fordham professor Paul Levinson in the Arizona Republic, Nov. 4, 2008

Here in Arizona, the Republican State Senator in my Legislative District, Heather Carter, is facing a primary challenge from Nancy Barto. Carter is moderate and normal and has helped block some of the worst legislation the AZ GOP has tried to cram through. Barto is actually leaving her House seat to challenge her, meaning there’ll be no incumbents and we might have a shot at stealing this seat. Barto is a lunatic, firmly entrenched in the Nutjob Conspiracy Theory wing of the Republicans. 

Along with Carter, Kate Brophy McGee is another normal Republican who has also helped block terrible legislation. This article is :chefkiss: perfect. Farnsworth probably has Jim Jordan posters on his wall.

An Arizona senator told her colleague to stop talking to conspiracy theorists. He called police because he felt threatened.

An Arizona senator called police on a fellow lawmaker who told him to stop talking to people who believe there's a link between the state's foster care system and a worldwide sex trafficking ring.

Republican Sen. David Farnsworth told police that he felt threatened when confronted by fellow GOP Sen. Kate Brophy McGee.

Farnsworth has been meeting every two weeks with a group of critics of the Arizona Department of Child Safety, including a group that has accused the foster-care agency of direct involvement in child trafficking. 

Some on social media have claimed there's a broad conspiracy involving judges, caseworkers, lawmakers, the governor and prosecutors to cover up sex trafficking.

Farnsworth told the Arizona Capitol Times that Brophy McGee told him to "lose the entourage" of conspiracy theorists and "crazy parents" whose children were taken by state child welfare authorities.

"I'm not asking you to stop. I'm telling you to stop. Stop or my husband will stop you," Farnsworth recalled Brophy McGee telling him in a meeting on Tuesday.

Farnsworth said he mulled over her comment overnight and decided it was threatening, prompting him to call authorities.

Brophy McGee said she has been targeted by the people working with Farnsworth, and the reference to her husband was not a threat but an attempt to get him understand the gravity of the situation.

"I was trying to pierce through his view of women by saying, 'I have talked to my husband about this. My husband is very concerned. He said to tell you that he is very concerned and that you would understand what that meant,' words to that effect," Brophy McGee told the Capitol Times. "In other words, it's not me being a fluff head saying this is a problem. It's a problem."

A spokesman for the Department of Public Safety toldthe Arizona Republic the state police force received a complaint and is "looking into it."

Farnsworth told the Republic he has no proof for his allegations that Arizona foster children were being sold into sex slavery, "but those are my darkest fears."

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a thread at one time that went something like...."Democrats are going to blow this." These two threads probably should have been merged.

Here in Arizona, the Republican State Senator in my Legislative District, Heather Carter, is facing a primary challenge from Nancy Barto. Carter is moderate and normal and has helped block some of the worst legislation the AZ GOP has tried to cram through. Barto is actually leaving her House seat to challenge her, meaning there’ll be no incumbents and we might have a shot at stealing this seat. Barto is a lunatic, firmly entrenched in the Nutjob Conspiracy Theory wing of the Republicans. 

Along with Carter, Kate Brophy McGee is another normal Republican who has also helped block terrible legislation. This article is :chefkiss: perfect. Farnsworth probably has Jim Jordan posters on his wall.

An Arizona senator told her colleague to stop talking to conspiracy theorists. He called police because he felt threatened.

Don't know where to put this, but here seems as good a place as any.  Between Trump's visit falling flat on it's face here in Florida yesterday to the scam they are running to solicit donations.  It's pretty entertaining to watch.  It's pretty obvious they are really targeting old people.
I got one of these this week! I am toying with the idea of posting each question here as a poll and using the leading response as my answer on the form. But I don't know if I have the time/energy to go through with that. I might just fill it out and send them a check for one cent, I'd love for my takes on their questions to be a data point in their analysis. But then I'd probably be on the RNC mailing list forever, and I don't really need that.

I got one of these this week! I am toying with the idea of posting each question here as a poll and using the leading response as my answer on the form. But I don't know if I have the time/energy to go through with that. I might just fill it out and send them a check for one cent, I'd love for my takes on their questions to be a data point in their analysis. But then I'd probably be on the RNC mailing list forever, and I don't really need that.
Great idea. Just report that your address has been changed and give them the address of your greatest nemesis. Shark move.

Users who are viewing this thread