What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Shark Pool/AC Forum Debate (1 Viewer)

satch

Footballguy
First, let's examine a few threads going on in the Shark Pool right now:

1. "FBG Contest Team Status Updates Page"- I could be wrong, but after reading the first few posts, this thread appears to be completely about peoples individual teams, players and how they are performing. The entire thread seems like a candidate for the typical "We don't care about your team" post.

2. "Ben Roethlisberger Underrated"- I'm guessing this poster is someone who owns Roethlisberger and he/she is looking for confirmation that their QB is a good one. Either that, or it's someone looking to trade for Roeth. I highly doubt anyone would take the time to write that somewhat lenghty post if he/she didn't have any personal interest in Big Ben.

3. "kicker - finding a gem for week 10"- The most obvious one so far. How is this not an add/drop, WDIS or trade thread?

4. "Why no love for Bobby Engram?"- Hmm, I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking this poster owns Engram and is gauging his value. Should the owner drop Engram and possibly add someone else? Either that or the poster is just genuinely concerned about the lack of footballguys love for Bobby Engram.

5. "Roy Williams, Megatron looking like Megabomb lately"- Undoubtedly a frustrated Roy Wlliams owner like myself, wondering what to do with him. Trying to gauge his value in terms of WDIS or a possible trade. In fact, the poster even mentions benching Roy.

6. "Marshawn"- The thread is solely about the poster enjoying having Lnynch on his team.

7. "Rudi Johnson from here on out?"- Obviously someone who owns Rudi gauging his value for add/drop, WDIS, trade etc. Either that or someone thinking of trading for Rudi.

8. "LaMont Jordan, can we drop him now?"

9. "Chris Henry - CIN, Will he play (start??) this week?"- WDIS

The list just goes on and on. It just seems ridiculous how threads like "LaMont Jordan, can we drop him now?" are acceptable in the Shark Pool, yet if the poster said "LaMont Jordan, can I drop him now?" they would be tarred and feathered. How the title/thread/post is worded should be irrelevant. The information being discussed is what matters, and most threads in both the Shark pool and AC Forum matter to many of us. Why again do we seperate them?

Virtually all of us post in this forum to gather information that could help us manage our own ff team. Since we are all managing from the same talent pool, the NFL, anytime we ask a question about our team, we are also aking a question about/for hundreds of other owners teams as well.

If I ask wether or not it's time to drop Jerious Norwood from my team, I'm not asking a question that benefits only me, it's a question that would benefit hundreds of other footballguys as well. If I ask a WDIS, I'm essentially looking for opinions on how the players in question are expected to perform, a question that will be very beneficial to many owners of many players.

In my opinion, seperating the Shark Pool and the AC forum is a bad idea. We are looking for, and posting in, two seperate forums regarding the same information because it's difficult to know in which forum the information belongs. I just don't think it's necessary to break down fantasy football talk into more than one forum. All that does is water down the discussions and make info harder to find. Both forums are discussing mostly the same things, just disguised with different titles. We're all discussing the same things, so lets get all of our thoughts, opinions and discussion in one place.

For example, someone posted a thread in the Shark Pool about Carson Palmer vs Drew Brees. Of course, they were swarmed upon by the AC police. I was actually very interested in that thread because I'm contemplating a possible trade for both of these players. It's a very safe bet that many other footballguys are interested in this as well. Unfortunately, the AC police ruined the thread and there was zero actual discussion, only bickering.

I think a better idea would be to combine the Shark Pool and the AC forum into a "Fantasy Football" forum and have another forum for "NFL talk" for those footballguys who come here for non-fantasy football talk. I realize many will disagree, but hopefully many will agree. It seems pretty clear that there's a lot of confusion, bickering and a waning interest in the Shark Pool. I'm simply offering a suggestion based on the way I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A problem with your suggestion is how do you separate NFL from FF when discussing a player's future role, whether he'll play, etc. ?

I just don't think you'd find too much going on in the NFL-talk forum, unless it included stuff that should / could also be in the FF forum.

Besides, like it or not, this is a FF site.

I personally think you have a point, there are many topics that can be valuable in the SP that get shoved into the AC, but why don't we spend a little time there? It somehow became the ******* child of FBG, it shouldn't be.

A lot of it depends on how the topic is presented, how much information is in that post, how much of it is pertinent to other people. For example, the Carson Palmer vs Drew Brees topic presented zero information. It was simply, "which would you rather have, Carson Palmer or Drew Brees?" There is no thinking presented, no pertinent information. You can answer that question with either Carson Palmer or Drew Brees. Only people who have the opportunity to obtain either qb would be interested in discussion, if any, and that's a very slim percentage of the people on these boards. Maybe if he broke down their previous histories, strengths of schedule, etc., would it be more warmly receptive in the Shark Pool.

Whereas look at the first post of the Big Ben thread. He presents statistics to back up his points, a lot of information, mainly the 'what's' and the 'why's'. It gives you very clear insight as to why he's considering targeting Big Ben...It's safe to say it was applicable for a lot of people. Its for a dynasty league, but there's a lot of information in that post, and it's also valid info for a redraft league. Yeah, it got bumped, but people do want to see how their predictions go.

There is a huge difference between those two threads. If you can't tell the difference between those two threads, you might want to revisit the other threads you listed before you label them AC Forum/Shark Pool worthy.

I don't have any solutions, just stating that the Shark Pool is very weak this year for breaking news. It blows having to weed through all Patriot hater threads and the threads disguised as WDIS. There are more arguments than insight.

A lot of it depends on how the topic is presented, how much information is in that post, how much of it is pertinent to other people. For example, the Carson Palmer vs Drew Brees topic presented zero information. It was simply, "which would you rather have, Carson Palmer or Drew Brees?" There is no thinking presented, no pertinent information. You can answer that question with either Carson Palmer or Drew Brees. Only people who have the opportunity to obtain either qb would be interested in discussion, if any, and that's a very slim percentage of the people on these boards. Maybe if he broke down their previous histories, strengths of schedule, etc., would it be more warmly receptive in the Shark Pool.Whereas look at the first post of the Big Ben thread. He presents statistics to back up his points, a lot of information, mainly the 'what's' and the 'why's'. It gives you very clear insight as to why he's considering targeting Big Ben...It's safe to say it was applicable for a lot of people. Its for a dynasty league, but there's a lot of information in that post, and it's also valid info for a redraft league. Yeah, it got bumped, but people do want to see how their predictions go. There is a huge difference between those two threads. If you can't tell the difference between those two threads, you might want to revisit the other threads you listed before you label them AC Forum/Shark Pool worthy.
I agree, there is a big difference betwen the way the "Palmer of Brees" and "Ben is Underrated" posts were presented. It would've been nice for the Palmer/Brees original post to be a bit more insightful. That being said, many of us are just as interested in hearing what others had to say about the outlooks of Palmer and Brees going forward, as we are in Big ben going forward. The topic being discussed, not the wording/quality of the original post, should dictate the forum to which it belongs. In this case, the topic being discussed (the way I interpreted it) was the outlook/value of Palmer and Brees, just as the topic being discussed in the Ben thread was the outlook/value of Ben. The point I'm trying to make is, why do those topics belong in seperate forums?

I don't have any solutions, just stating that the Shark Pool is very weak this year for breaking news. It blows having to weed through all Patriot hater threads and the threads disguised as WDIS. There are more arguments than insight.
Now this I have to agree with. Seems more like the Pissing Pool than the Shark Pool. I think most of this is due to Homerism. You can't talk poorly about a player without someone that roots for that team jumping all over the post and turning it in to an argument rather than a debate. I generally never hung out in this forum, really the first year I've ventured in here. Useful information is scarce and hard to find. Usually if you haven't found a useful tidbit in the first ten posts of a thread, you won't. Because it degenerates that quickly.

Now this I have to agree with. Seems more like the Pissing Pool than the Shark Pool. I think most of this is due to Homerism. You can't talk poorly about a player without someone that roots for that team jumping all over the post and turning it in to an argument rather than a debate. I generally never hung out in this forum, really the first year I've ventured in here. Useful information is scarce and hard to find. Usually if you haven't found a useful tidbit in the first ten posts of a thread, you won't. Because it degenerates that quickly.
:goodposting: There are better forums out there during the season.

Well, my suggestion would solve one of those issues. The Patriot Hater threads would belong i the "NFL Talk" forum, not the "Fantasy Football Talk" forum. The WDIS would belong in the "Fantasy Football" talk forum because that's what it's about, and hundreds of other footballguys would also be interested in the WDIS question as they too are debating starting/benching some of those same players. WDIS is a critical part of fantasy football, and those threads should be embraced as they could provide valuable insight as to the expected performance of the specific players in question. We all have to make those same decisions about those same players every week, why are they looked upon so negatively?WDIS threads are given a bad name by those footballguys who don't happen to own any of the players in that particular question. It doesn't matter to them, so they think it's a worthless thread. However, if there is a WDIS thread involving a player they do own and are on the fence about, all of a sudden that WDIS thread could be quite valuable.Personally, I use the Shark Pool for fantasy football info only. I find the non-fantasy threads of less use than the WDIS threads.

I like the idea of an "NFL talk" forum, but I would keep the current split between the Shark Pool and AC. Maybe the mods could be a little more aggressive in moving borderline AC-type posted to the AC forum.

Here's a suggestion to remedy the multiple posts about the same topic:

Is it possible for related posts to be grouped together? For instance, the latest multiple post right now is the rumor about LJ being out for the year. Can these articles be grouped together so if a visitor is interested in seeing the posts on LJ's injury, the visitor can click on the dropdown and can see what other related posts are there?

I am guilty of posting stuff that had already been posted either because i didn't check to see if it was already posted or if the other posts are on page 3 or 4 or 15 and i didn't realize it.

Anyway, i think this would make the site more organized and a lot neater .... who knows, if all the multiple posts are collected together, interesting stuff that would normally drop to page 2 or 3 might actually make it to page 1.

... that's my 2 cents.

I agree there is a fine line between some shark pool material and AC. The problem I have with AC is that nobody goes there. Personally I wouldn't mind wading through WDIS threads in the shark pool. I already wade through a ton of stuff in there as it is.

I agree there is a fine line between some shark pool material and AC. The problem I have with AC is that nobody goes there. Personally I wouldn't mind wading through WDIS threads in the shark pool. I already wade through a ton of stuff in there as it is.
:rolleyes: I find wading through the Patriots suck and people taking guesses at LJ's injury far more annoying then WDIS questions. The crap about people calling other people out because "we do not care who you start" non sense is also pretty old. The IDP board does a much better job presenting facts and thoughtful opinions then the shark pool. Mods anythoughts on how to stop some of the goofy posts that makes it difficult to actually find the insightful opnions...

It gets worse every year it used to be just in-season was bad and the off-season would have good info. Now days it's bad all year round. I find my self actually talking NFL football on coaching sites and come here more for the FFA and ignore the pooll 80% of the time.Hopefully, the trend will change.

If I ask wether or not it's time to drop Jerious Norwood from my team, I'm not asking a question that benefits only me, it's a question that would benefit hundreds of other footballguys as well.
I disagree. You have Jerious Norwood on our team and so do many others, but people all have different OTHER players on your team So, if you ask if Jerious Norwood should be dropped.......I and others can really only answer your question dependinig upon who else is on YOUR team, which is totally different than who others have on their teams.Not only that, there are different styles of leagues. So, in leagues where you must start More RB's or in leagues where you have flex players and able to use WR's in some of those RB slots, would DEFINATELY effect decisions on whether that player should be dropped.So, by having a thread about should I drop Norwood, is not beneficial to all people because everyone is in a different style of league and have completely different players on their teams.Not even to mention that there's different styles of Add/Drops out there that would effect the decision making process.

People don't go to the Assistant Coach Forum for a reason..........it is boring. I'm sorry but nobody cares about your football team, they care about themselves.Here's what I propose to FBG:I'd either ASK or hire very cheaply a couple people to take on the responsibility of having a thread in there to answer all kinds of questions. People wouldn't have to post in that thread, but certainly could and would get a timely response.For example, I think it was 2 years ago (maybe 3 now) I posted a "Cowboys Corner" or Coaches Corner, I can't remember now and basically just said I'll answer all questions that are posted. I think Salmonstud Pm'd me to ask if I wanted some help and I said sure, so we kind of did that for the entire season. I think Bristol started helping out at the end of the season. Somewhere along the line, I think Rudnicki pinned the thread at the top and said thanks for doing this (I always appreciated that thank Aaron.)Anyway, I believe a couple other guys did it the next year and since it wasn't "officially" my job I let them run with it and they seemed like they were doing a good job.I'd be happy to do something like that again as I love football, fantasy football and talking with everyone about it. The season's coming close to an end now but I think something like that would be helpful and certainly isn't hard to do.Shoot, you don't even have to pay someone. Offer a 3 digit number (more valuable than certain sums of money around here) and you'd get people to want to do it.

If I ask wether or not it's time to drop Jerious Norwood from my team, I'm not asking a question that benefits only me, it's a question that would benefit hundreds of other footballguys as well.
I disagree. You have Jerious Norwood on our team and so do many others, but people all have different OTHER players on your team So, if you ask if Jerious Norwood should be dropped.......I and others can really only answer your question dependinig upon who else is on YOUR team, which is totally different than who others have on their teams.Not only that, there are different styles of leagues. So, in leagues where you must start More RB's or in leagues where you have flex players and able to use WR's in some of those RB slots, would DEFINATELY effect decisions on whether that player should be dropped.So, by having a thread about should I drop Norwood, is not beneficial to all people because everyone is in a different style of league and have completely different players on their teams.Not even to mention that there's different styles of Add/Drops out there that would effect the decision making process.
See, people are overanalyzing and that's part of the problem. Instead of wasting time coming up with reasons why the thread should not be allowed, then posting "wrong forum" or "no one cares", wouldn't it be easier to simply scroll past it? Yes, there are many different styles of leagues with different rules, and everyones team is different. So what? If I ask, "Should I drop Norwood" it could at least spark a conversation about his outlook and value that could be useful to many of us. If nobody finds it interesting, the thread will go away naturally, without any need for "wrong forum" and "no one cares about your team" posts. It's those posts that ruin potentially good threads, and it sounds like many people agree that the "wrong forum", "no one cares", etc type of replies are more detrimental to the forum than the bad threads themselves.It's also important to remember that every thread is not designed, nor should it have to be, for evryone in every league. If you don't find the thread interesting, skip it. Let the people who do find it interesting enjoy it and participate in a positive way while you go on to other threads.

See, people are overanalyzing and that's part of the problem. Instead of wasting time coming up with reasons why the thread should not be allowed, then posting "wrong forum" or "no one cares", wouldn't it be easier to simply scroll past it? Yes, there are many different styles of leagues with different rules, and everyones team is different. So what? If I ask, "Should I drop Norwood" it could at least spark a conversation about his outlook and value that could be useful to many of us. If nobody finds it interesting, the thread will go away naturally, without any need for "wrong forum" and "no one cares about your team" posts. It's those posts that ruin potentially good threads, and it sounds like many people agree that the "wrong forum", "no one cares", etc type of replies are more detrimental to the forum than the bad threads themselves.It's also important to remember that every thread is not designed, nor should it have to be, for evryone in every league. If you don't find the thread interesting, skip it. Let the people who do find it interesting enjoy it and participate in a positive way while you go on to other threads.
No, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I'm not just coming up with reasons why the threads shouldn't be allowed, it's how I feel.The reason why the AC forum currently blows is because it's what I mentioned......NOBODY cares about your football team or my football team. If you allow what you suggested into this forum all together, you'll basically turn this place into the AC and that would basically destroy it.I'd spend more time on finding ways to make the AC a little better and more interesting than cutting it out all together and making this place absolutely a mess.I don't believe if that you asked "Should I drop Norwood" that would spark some interesting debate about him. Here's what I think it would do:You'd say should I drop him, he's done nothing for me and I have this guy, this guy and this guy. We have to start this, this and and that in our league.A guy or two would give their suggestion to you, then someone would come into the thread and say:Hey, I have Norwood too but I have this guy and this guy, would you drop him over those guys? So and so offered me a trade, should I do it?That's exactly what would happen and in no way that interesting to anyone who's interested in football or fantasy football.

No, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I'm not just coming up with reasons why the threads shouldn't be allowed, it's how I feel.The reason why the AC forum currently blows is because it's what I mentioned......NOBODY cares about your football team or my football team. If you allow what you suggested into this forum all together, you'll basically turn this place into the AC and that would basically destroy it.I'd spend more time on finding ways to make the AC a little better and more interesting than cutting it out all together and making this place absolutely a mess.I don't believe if that you asked "Should I drop Norwood" that would spark some interesting debate about him. Here's what I think it would do:You'd say should I drop him, he's done nothing for me and I have this guy, this guy and this guy. We have to start this, this and and that in our league.A guy or two would give their suggestion to you, then someone would come into the thread and say:Hey, I have Norwood too but I have this guy and this guy, would you drop him over those guys? So and so offered me a trade, should I do it?That's exactly what would happen and in no way that interesting to anyone who's interested in football or fantasy football.
I honestly don't understand the "nobody cares about your team" concept. The players on my team are the same players on your team, his team and their team. We're all using the same players. Of course you don't care about my "team", but you do, or at least should, care about the players on my team, because they're on your team too. It's the players we're discussing, not our teams. Whenever someone posts a WDIS, or would you make this trade, the information is relevant to any of us who have those same players on our teams too.Your prediction of how the "Should I Drop Norwood" thread would go is your opinion. Maybe it would go that way, maybe it would be more interesting. I do know that it will immediately take a turn for the worse as soon as someone replies "no one cares about your team". You go on to say that a thread like that "is in no way that interesting to anyone who's interested in football or fantasy football." What makes you qualified to speak for all fantasy football players? Or do you just assume that since you're not interested in it, nobody else can be either?Again I ask, since it is effortless to scroll past and ignore threads, and the forums do not have a thread limit that I'm aware of, why is it so difficult to simply ignore threads that do not interest you?

I don't believe if that you asked "Should I drop Norwood" that would spark some interesting debate about him. Here's what I think it would do:You'd say should I drop him, he's done nothing for me and I have this guy, this guy and this guy. We have to start this, this and and that in our league.A guy or two would give their suggestion to you, then someone would come into the thread and say:Hey, I have Norwood too but I have this guy and this guy, would you drop him over those guys? So and so offered me a trade, should I do it?That's exactly what would happen and in no way that interesting to anyone who's interested in football or fantasy football.
many posts would go like that, and frankly, The question "should I drop X" is one easily answered by looking at the 250 forward and just by keeping up with the team. If you want to know the latest news, just ask about Norwood. Give some opinions or whatnot, and that accomplishes the same thing without getting into the specific FF teams.

I'd just like to point out that the Shark Pool has NOT been the same since Shick! left.

I'm just sayin'.

First, let's examine a few threads going on in the Shark Pool right now:

2. "Ben Roethlisberger Underrated"- I'm guessing this poster is someone who owns Roethlisberger and he/she is looking for confirmation that their QB is a good one. Either that, or it's someone looking to trade for Roeth. I highly doubt anyone would take the time to write that somewhat lenghty post if he/she didn't have any personal interest in Big Ben.
This statement might make more sense if this was not a discussion 5 months in the making.
4. "Why no love for Bobby Engram?"- Hmm, I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking this poster owns Engram and is gauging his value. Should the owner drop Engram and possibly add someone else? Either that or the poster is just genuinely concerned about the lack of footballguys love for Bobby Engram.

5. "Roy Williams, Megatron looking like Megabomb lately"- Undoubtedly a frustrated Roy Wlliams owner like myself, wondering what to do with him. Trying to gauge his value in terms of WDIS or a possible trade. In fact, the poster even mentions benching Roy.

6. "Marshawn"- The thread is solely about the poster enjoying having Lnynch on his team.

7. "Rudi Johnson from here on out?"- Obviously someone who owns Rudi gauging his value for add/drop, WDIS, trade etc. Either that or someone thinking of trading for Rudi.

8. "LaMont Jordan, can we drop him now?"

9. "Chris Henry - CIN, Will he play (start??) this week?"- WDIS
Discussing a players' impact - as a FF player and as an NFL palyer does not mean the post belings in the AC forum. It belongs in the AC forum when you start talking about alternatives on your roster. This is a FF board and I don't mind discussing a players value. I just don't want to rank your team. Do you see the difference?

Have you read any of these threads? They often start off with good intentions but get sidetracked with people trying to drag out advice about what THEY should do. Actually, most of the threads you listed are fine for the SP and not disguised FF advice threads.

Most of what you listed is fine for the SP IMO. We are here to discuss the NFL but also FF. What we are not here to do is discuss YOUR FF team and that is where the difference lies.

I don't believe if that you asked "Should I drop Norwood" that would spark some interesting debate about him. Here's what I think it would do:You'd say should I drop him, he's done nothing for me and I have this guy, this guy and this guy. We have to start this, this and and that in our league.A guy or two would give their suggestion to you, then someone would come into the thread and say:Hey, I have Norwood too but I have this guy and this guy, would you drop him over those guys? So and so offered me a trade, should I do it?That's exactly what would happen and in no way that interesting to anyone who's interested in football or fantasy football.
many posts would go like that, and frankly, The question "should I drop X" is one easily answered by looking at the 250 forward and just by keeping up with the team. If you want to know the latest news, just ask about Norwood. Give some opinions or whatnot, and that accomplishes the same thing without getting into the specific FF teams.
Don't get me wrong. Personally, I don't start "Should I drop Norwood" types of threads. I mainly use this forum as a source for breaking news, NFL roster moves, injury reports and things like that. That being said, the fact that threads like that don't interest me doesn't mean they don't have some value to others.I agree that simply saying "Should I drop Norwood" is a lame way of trying to get information, and that better wording makes for better threads. However, if that's how the poster chooses to word his post, so be it. He will get poor results and the thread will fall off the board quickly. If I click on it and am uninterested I'll just click off of it and move on. I don't see why negative replies or a seperate forum are necessary.

I don't see any reason why all the news/injury threads couldn't be put in their own forums or pinned to the top. If you strictly came here for news then you could just browse those threads. It wouldn't matter what else was in the shark pool. If someone started to post "whose the better pickup if he's out?" questions in the thread they could simply be deleted.

While we're at it............Do we really need 30 individual Pinned Injury Threads at the top of the Shark Pool each Sunday?

When I come here on Sunday, MOST of those threads have about 2 postings and I just laugh.

How about combining several injured players for each thread?

"The Cinn Injury Thread: Rudi, Watson, CJ, CHenry"

Minor rant.....but we don't need to see 1 thread on Steve McNair and another on Todd Heap......it's not like we're going to get confused in the thread on who is being discussed.

I think it's a fine line, but not so fine it can't be made out reasonably clearly.

If you want to start a discussion of whether Lamont Jordan's value has dropped off to the point he isn't worth a roster spot in most leagues vs whether he may be expected to rebound, that's good meaningful discussion and should be in the SP.

If you want to start a discussion of whether Lamont Jordan is worth a roster spot when Ryan Grant and Chris Henry are on waivers and you already have these WRs and those RBs, that isn't pertinent to the general population. That's a specific team management question which doesn't contribute much to the Shark Pool.

I remember how bad it was wading through the WDIS posts before they were moderated over to the AC forum, and I definitely don't want to see us go back. If you think the Pats-Colts stuff is bad now, it pales in comparison to how much the front pages will be clogged.

That said I agree with limiting the number of threads on these topics. I don't always feel that just having 1 topic is good. When a thread hits 15 pages I probably stop reading it and so won't know about breaking information which I think is deserving of a new post. But perhaps closing the other thread down and redirecting it... or merging them after awhile, would be a good idea?

Edit to add: Ok, so what does this mean about the actual posts. I think it's a pretty simple matter. If you want help for your team and you aren't getting it in the AC forum, then get a discussion going that is of use to everyone that is pertinent to your needs without being exclusively about your team. Don't just try to word it so it makes it through the mods.

If getting info that allows YOU to make the decision isn't enough and you need someone to address your specific team issue, then go to the AC forum or use the weekly projections, but don't drag down the SP with it.

I was thinking about this the other day and thought of a possible solution to both help increase traffic to the AC area (which is definitely lacking in comparison to the SP), as well as get some of the more relevant WDIS threads with potential discussion value to get more opinions involved.

I think cluttering the SP with thread after thread of simple WDIS isn't the answer. However, I propose that a moderator be assigned to the Shark Pool to canvas some of the threads and that a certain # of thread/time period be MOVED to the shark pool that could potentially be very relevant and foster discussion. This would both encourage some people to visit the AC as well as get more traffic on the more relevant threads. The "Should I start Bobby Engram or Ike Hilliard threads" don't really have much value in a SP. However, when you start to get into "Jacobs or McGahee" or "Is LT worth giving up for Randy Moss and Chad Johnson" where big name players and their relative value could be discussed would actually be valuable. There are some very interesting threads that come up in AC that involve big name trades like that and I think if they were to get a lot of input, we could all learn quite a bit. It's not always enough to discuss why we like LT or what he may do from now on, but to see how people rank him in comparison to other players to help judge worth and overall player sentiment among the masses.

If something like 2-3 threads got moved every half hour or hour, it wouldn't clutter the SP but would be enough to foster discussion.

One other thought I had was offering incentives to those who RESPOND to AC threads. Maybe a % off of a subscription if you respond to X number of AC threads. Doesn't have to be a large #, but I would think it would get enough people to do it so that the AC would at least be a place you could get help in so that some wouldn't try to disguise so many of those same threads in the SP.

Just my 2 cents.

Nemesis said:
While we're at it............Do we really need 30 individual Pinned Injury Threads at the top of the Shark Pool each Sunday?When I come here on Sunday, MOST of those threads have about 2 postings and I just laugh.How about combining several injured players for each thread?"The Cinn Injury Thread: Rudi, Watson, CJ, CHenry"Minor rant.....but we don't need to see 1 thread on Steve McNair and another on Todd Heap......it's not like we're going to get confused in the thread on who is being discussed.
Good idea. In fact, maybe just separating into even broader categories so people could go and look easily. AFC QB, AFC RB, AFC WR, AFC TE, NFC QB, NFC RB, NFC WR, NFC TE, and so if there is a specific player you're looking for, you know where to go. Would make it MUCH less cluttered.

Nemesis said:
While we're at it............Do we really need 30 individual Pinned Injury Threads at the top of the Shark Pool each Sunday?When I come here on Sunday, MOST of those threads have about 2 postings and I just laugh.How about combining several injured players for each thread?"The Cinn Injury Thread: Rudi, Watson, CJ, CHenry"Minor rant.....but we don't need to see 1 thread on Steve McNair and another on Todd Heap......it's not like we're going to get confused in the thread on who is being discussed.
Constructive criticism is always welcomeThere were 14 'player' threads pinned on Sunday morning. Once the games go live, the Game Threads, Venting, Bragging and Injury threads get pinned, while the player threads get unpinned. Obviously some sundays are worse than others.Among the pinned threads on Sunday were the Cincinnati Running game (Kenny Watson & Rudi Johnson), Seattle WR's (D.J Hackett & Deion Branch) & Tennessee RB thread. A number of QB situations were also there as well. FYI, the threads this Sunday were:Carolina QB situation (15 replies)Minnesota QB situation (11 replies)Pittman (2 replies)Cincy Running game (27 replies)Frank Gore (38 replies)Tennessee RB Thread (7 replies)Ike Hilliard (2 replies)Kennison (1 reply)Curry (18 replies)Harrison (41 replies)Seattle WR's (12 replies)Coles (7 replies)Ben Watson (9 replies)Alge Crumpler (0 Replies)Crumpler & Coles weren't likely to play, but had been very durable up until then. Pittman & Kennison had been out long term, but had been moved to questionable.Most of the others, with the exception of the Minny QB and maybe Curry & Hilliard were crucial players or situations.If you have further feedback to provide on the Sunday morning situation shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to help, but most of the non crucial players with pinned threads are at board members request. As for the topic at hand, Joe has always been willing to discuss the request of Board members. He's been pretty clear about what threads are permitted and what isn't. Player discussion has always been acceptable, just don't make it about your fantasy team and situation. As always if you see something that doesn't belong in the Shark Pool it can be reported and dealt with as appropriate.

Nemesis said:
Good idea. In fact, maybe just separating into even broader categories so people could go and look easily. AFC QB, AFC RB, AFC WR, AFC TE, NFC QB, NFC RB, NFC WR, NFC TE, and so if there is a specific player you're looking for, you know where to go. Would make it MUCH less cluttered.
Why separate AFC/NFC? Just a thread per position makes sense to me. Could also do that in the IDP forum.

Users who are viewing this thread