What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Should the Super Bowl be a National Holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PsychoMan

Footballguy
To me, the Super Bowl is the most exciting day of the year. Better than my birthday, better than Christmas. This is the one Sunday of the entire year my Church doesn't have an evening service. Should it be a National Holiday?

I'm voting YES!

Why we are at it, shouldn't we include the NFL draft day to this list? Also, we shouldn't have to work the day after our fantasy drafts.

iam sure anyone already a member of a union or who works in government has used 1 of their 15 sick days for tomorrow.

As football fans we would love it,but it would demean other national holidays,I mean a sporting event being honored on a par with Martin Luther King or our country's independence? Bad idea. A better idea would be for the NFL to play the game on a Saturday so there'd be a non-work day following the game instead of a MONDAY! I'm sure businesses would like that given that Super Monday is the biggest "sick" day of the year.

No, it shouldn't be a National Holiday. If it was, then noone would go to work. That includes the pizza delivery guys. Stores would be closed and no beer would be sold either. ;)

No, it shouldn't be a National Holiday. If it was, then noone would go to work. That includes the pizza delivery guys. Stores would be closed and no beer would be sold either. ;)
Lots of stores, including pizza places, are open on other holidays.

Why do we need the government to tell us a holiday is official? I think they have better things to do.

The day AFTER the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.

Otherwise, I wish they'd move the game to Saturday - so we'd have a day to regain 'normalcy'.

The day AFTER the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.

Otherwise, I wish they'd move the game to Saturday - so we'd have a day to regain 'normalcy'.
Exactly what I was thinking. The majority of people have Sunday's off. The Super Bowl is a holiday, Sunday. The next day should definately be a holiday.

A better idea would be for the NFL to play the game on a Saturday so there'd be a non-work day following the game instead of a MONDAY!
I like this idea. :banned:
Add me as another that thinks this is the best idea yet!!! That way when we do too much of :banned: we won't have to feel like :X on a workday.

For a lot of us who serve in the Military, especially overseas, it already is. In fact I think that I have had "Super Bowl Monday" off more time than I have had Christmas off over the years. :bag:

In the next decade, I bet either Monday will become a holiday or the game will be moved to Saturday night.

My money is on the holiday.

As football fans we would love it,but it would demean other national holidays,I mean a sporting event being honored on a par with Martin Luther King or our country's independence? Bad idea. A better idea would be for the NFL to play the game on a Saturday so there'd be a non-work day following the game instead of a MONDAY! I'm sure businesses would like that given that Super Monday is the biggest "sick" day of the year.
:goodposting: National holidays are about the commemoration of notable past events.

I love football , but, come on...

A caller on the radio yesterday actually suggeseted moving celebration of King's birthday into Feb. for Superbowl purposes. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
A better idea would be for the NFL to play the game on a Saturday so there'd be a non-work day following the game instead of a MONDAY!
I like this idea. :banned:
Add me as another that thinks this is the best idea yet!!! That way when we do too much of :banned: we won't have to feel like :X on a workday.
:goodposting:
With the two week break between the conference championships & the SB there is no reason why the SB shouldn't be played in Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread