What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (7 Viewers)

Better team. Equally bad offensive line. Expect his usual 3 YPC but with less carries. Bump Colts passing game.

Happy Luck owner here! Great to see some action...everyone discounted Irsay's jabber last week about getting active in the trade market. Guess he silenced some doubters. Big fan...great move!

Looks like the Browns have joined the battle, Jaguars - your move.

-QG
Game of the year week 13.
no kidding - I already thought this might produce the league's first 0-0 in the post-merger era now it's almost a lock!What's the over-under going to be on that game - 29?

-QG
Jaguars trade Cecil Shorts to the Patriots for a 3rd round pick, and Blackmon to the Rams for the Redskins first. Your move again Cleveland! That would be awesome

flapgreen said:
So the Browns basically trade the #3 overall pick in 2012 for a pick in the 20s in the 2014 draft.

-QG
Sure, and it was a bad pick at the time but that's not really the point.

They got a 1st round pick for a RB, which is highway robbery. Most teams don't get to get bailed out of wasted first round picks.
Wow, you're dumb.
You really think this was a bad move for the Browns?

Not a good sign for Trent. 2 coaches who know a thing or two about rbs, 2 games into their tenure, cut ties.

Studs don't get traded two games into their second season.

The good thing for CLE fans is that now they are pretty much a lock to get Bridgewater or Clowney with their own 1st round pick.

I like the move if I am an Indy fan..

your backfield just got 10x better..

so your pairing the number 1 and 3 picks from the 12 draft great move

and if it puts him over the hump in the division it puts their pick around 26 or later..

Besides the Broncos not one stand out team in the AFC if your gonna go for it, go for it, big splash

Rotoworld now has its analysis posted:

Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Browns felt Richardson "didn't fit Chud's (coach Rob Chudzinski's) offense," which doesn't make a lick of sense. Moving on. The deal leaves Chris Ogbonnaya or potential free agent pickup Willis McGahee as the favorite for touches in Cleveland's backfield as new GM Mike Lombardi essentially punts away the 2013 season. In Indianapolis, Richardson joins an offense with high-scoring potential that wants to play smash-mouth football with a heavy dose of power running. He'll eventually be an every-down back, even if Richardson probably won't be usable in Week 3 at San Francisco. Ahmad Bradshaw's fantasy value will soon vanish, limited to handcuff status. Particularly after losing TE Dwayne Allen for the season, aggressive Colts GM Ryan Grigson felt he needed an additional offensive playmaker. He's got one. Richardson will carry top-five fantasy running back potential in Indianapolis.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7462/trent-richardson

This reeks of something being wrong with Richardson
No, actually it reeks of something being really wrong with Weeden. Can't wait until the medical reports come out in a few days indicating he's gone for 8 games or more.

This is as blatant a case of throwing in the towel as I've seen in a long time.
Star plays aren't just given away. They saw a deal they couldn't pass up and it was for one draft pick. I'm thinking us fantasy guys had a much higher opinion of Trent then real life people.

So which QB do the Browns want... Bridgewater, Mariotta, Hundley, or Boyd. Bridgewater looks to be the #1 QB prospect but Mariotta is interesting.

Well it makes sense when ya think how he was been used in Browntown..

every guy on the colts just got a big boost..

the gm expects to be playing late into january

@ESPNStatsInfo: Trent Richardson averaging 1.6 rush yards after contact in his NFL career (averaged 2.8 yards after contact in last season at Alabama)

Pat Kirwan on Sirius just now: "If you had told me Richardson would be traded, I would have guessed that Cleveland got a 3rd which could become a 2nd. Never would I have imagined they could get a 1st."

FWIW

I would riot if I was a Cleveland fan.
I would rejoice. Richardson will be done by the time Cleveland is a winner. You don't build around a RB. You build around a QB. Now they have ammo if they don't have the #1 outright.
7 years from now? Trent is only 23. And with the offense they've been running its not like he's going to win them games and hurt their draft position on so few touches. They spent the 3 on him last year and only one year later trading him for a mid-to-late pick 2 drafts later, what a waste.

They are packing it in after week 2 and giving up on a season for some uncertain outcome hoping for a miracle savior in the draft that's more than 6 months from now. That may be fine for fantasy football but thats a big middle finger to the fanbase.

@ChrisHansenNFL: Trent Richardson is in elite company...only three rookie RBs ever with 250+ carries and 3.6 ypc or less. (Ricky Williams, Errict Rhett)

Like the trade for both, not sure I LOVE it for anyone.

Cleveland gets another building block, and gets good value for a player that plays a position that is eminently replaceable, there are lots of backs that can help the Browns down the road. Heck, Ben Tate and DMC are free agents next spring. Forget about which player next year, the Browns will be players in that draft, for sure.

Colts trade a mid to late 1 for a 'right now' player, that immediately helps just about everyone on offense. How many late 1st rounders do nothing for their new team? Lots of them.

Good for both, I think.

seems like the t-rich haters are jelly they dont have him. cause there is no way you can tell me its a downgrade for him to go to a better team better offense, easier schedule etc

Looks like the Browns have joined the battle, Jaguars - your move.

-QG
Game of the year week 13.
no kidding - I already thought this might produce the league's first 0-0 in the post-merger era now it's almost a lock!What's the over-under going to be on that game - 29?

-QG
Jaguars trade Cecil Shorts to the Patriots for a 3rd round pick, and Blackmon to the Rams for the Redskins first. Your move again Cleveland! That would be awesome
As a Rams fan, yes. Yes that would be quite awesome, though it'd have to be a second or worse. He is a headache after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the trade for both, not sure I LOVE it for anyone.

Cleveland gets another building block, and gets good value for a player that plays a position that is eminently replaceable, there are lots of backs that can help the Browns down the road. Heck, Ben Tate and DMC are free agents next spring. Forget about which player next year, the Browns will be players in that draft, for sure.

Colts trade a mid to late 1 for a 'right now' player, that immediately helps just about everyone on offense. How many late 1st rounders do nothing for their new team? Lots of them.

Good for both, I think.
great post

@ESPNStatsInfo: Trent Richardson has two 20-plus yard runs among 298 career rushes.

That rates tied for 2nd-fewest among those w/ 200+ rushes since 2012

I'm sure the phone call went something like this:

Irsay: We'll give you a first round pick for TRich

Whoever in CLE: Well, we have thought about dealing him - but I think we'll shop around and see what we can get.

Irsay: If you hang up this phone, this deal may not be available tomorrow.

CLE: Okay, we'll take it

Users who are viewing this thread