What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Twilight Zone project - Ranking episodes (per season) (1 Viewer)

Just one last night:

BACK THERE (Season 2, Episode 13 {49}) - An affluent, young man discusses the prospect of time travel at a country club with fellow members and whether or not you can prevent tragedies from happening, discussions become reality whenever he walks out of the club to discover he's gone back in time hours before Lincoln's assassination (5 STARS)

Today's:

THE WHOLE TRUTH (Season 2, Episode 15 {50}) - A sleazy used car salesman buys a haunted car from an old man that forces him to tell the truth [2 STARS] Thought the whole sell the car to a political figure angle was a bit much/cheesy, story was OK/decent though

THE INVADERS (Season 2, Episode 16 {51}) - An elderly woman who lives in a rustic cabin without any amenities is visited by unexpected alien intruders [5 STARS]

My favorite 15 TZ episodes :

15. To Serve Man (season 3)

14.Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (season 5)

13. The Midnight Sun (season 3)

12.The Rip van Winkle Caper (season 2)

11.Shadow Play (season 2)

10. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street (season 1)

9.Mirror Image (season 1)

8. Stopover in a Quiet Town (season 5)

7. Five Characters in Search of an Exit (season 3)

6. Living Doll (season 5)

5. The After Hours (season 1)

4. Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? (season 2)

3. The Invaders (season 2)

2. Time Enough at Last (season 1)

1. Eye of the Beholder (season 2)

My favorite 15 TZ episodes :

15. To Serve Man (season 3)

14.Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (season 5)

13. The Midnight Sun (season 3)

12.The Rip van Winkle Caper (season 2)

11.Shadow Play (season 2)

10. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street (season 1)

9.Mirror Image (season 1)

8. Stopover in a Quiet Town (season 5)

7. Five Characters in Search of an Exit (season 3)

6. Living Doll (season 5)

5. The After Hours (season 1)

4. Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? (season 2)

3. The Invaders (season 2)

2. Time Enough at Last (season 1)

1. Eye of the Beholder (season 2)
I agree, good list!

It would be difficult nailing down my top 15, which I think speaks to the quality of episodes that TZ churned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a slew of episodes last night/today, lots of strong episodes in this bunch!:

A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS (Season 2, Episode 16 {52}) - A man is granted the ability to hear people's thoughts by landing a penny on its edge, and he is sure surprised by the thoughts people think! (3 STARS)

TWENTY TWO (Season 2, Episode 17 {53}) - A stripper professional dancer is hospitalized after being gravely fatigued and keeps having dreams of a recurring scenario where she is being admitted to a morgue (4 STARS)

THE ODYSSEY OF FLIGHT 33 (Season 2, Episode 18 {54}) - A commercial airliner headed to NY from London breaks the sound barrier and travels through the vaccum of time in the process (5 STARS)

MR. DINGLE, THE STRONG (Season 2, Episode 19 {55}) - A perennial whimp gets infused with the strength of 300 men by conjoined martian twin scientists (2 STARS)

STATIC (Season 2, Episode 20 {56}) - A grumpy old man, sick and tired of television, hauls his old radio console out from the basement and begins listening to a radio station that hasnt been around in quite some time (1 STAR)

THE PRIME MOVER (Season 2, Episode 21 {57}) - A small-time gambler discovers that his partner has telekinetic powers and plans to exploit them in Las Vegas to become very wealthy (3 STARS)

LONG DISTANCE CALL (Season 2, Episode 22 {58}) - A young boy receives a toy telephone from his dying grandmother, and after she passes he begins to have "pretend" conversations with her, or are they something much more real? (5 STARS)

A HUNDRED YARDS OVER THE RIM (Season 2, Episode 23 {59}) - A man desperately in search of water for his dying son goes over a sandy rim in the desert and finds himself 100 years into the future (5 STARS)

THE RIP VAN WINKLE CAPER (Season 2, Episode 24 {60}) - A scientist masterminds a plan to remain in suspended animation for 100 years after him and a group of thieves to conduct a heist of gold cargo straight from Fort Knox (5 STARS)

THE SILENCE (Season 2, Episode 25 {61}) - An annoyed old man proposes a bet to a talkative, brash young man that if he does not speak over the course of a year then he will receive $500,000, will there be any strings attached at the conclusion of the bet? (5 STARS)

SHADOW PLAY (Season 2, Episode 26 {62}) - A man convicted of murder tries to convince those about to execute him that the world all around them is just his recurring nightmare (5 STARS)

Watched only 1 last night:

THE MIND AND THE MATTER (Season 2, Episode 27 {63}) - A business man tired of being stuck in the rat race of life receives a gift from a clumsy colleague of a one-of-a-kind book that allows him to make the world around him as he wishes, so long as he imagines it. But is it everything he was hoping for, or does it get old quick? (4 STARS)

Some more viewing from today:

WILL THE REAL MARTIAN PLEASE STAND UP? (Season 2, Episode 28 {64}) [6/19/14] - A pair of police officers come across an UFO and are marooned in a rural diner with a bus full of patrons, and they must identify who among them is not of this earth, but a space creature. (5 STARS)

THE OBSOLETE MAN (Season 2, Episode 29 {65}) - A librarian is deemed "obsolete" and is sentenced to death by the government in a society that books no longer exist, but is he the only obsolete man? (5 STARS)

TWO (Season 3, Episode 1 {66}) - A man and a woman come across each other in a deserted, post-apocalyptic city and try to survive. The catch? They are on opposing sides of the war (4 STARS)

THE ARRIVAL (Season 3, Episode 2 {67}) - Three men investigate a plane that arrives without a single person onboard – and each sees it differently. (2 STARS)

THE SHELTER (Season 3, Episode 3 {68}) - A neighborhood is hosting a friendly birthday party for an affable (neighbor) doctor until the party is broken up by the threat of nuclear war, and the doctor is the only one with a shelter. Will he discover if they are friends of his after all? (5 STARS)

I guess we'll be doubling up our reviews from now on. It'll be an interesting comparison.

Two - Post apocalyptic survivors (Charles Bronson and Bewitched's Elizabeth Montgomery/Samantha) from opposite sides of the conflict that ended it all learn that there are no more sides to take. Cool sets but the story is... - Meh

The Arrival - A plane lands itself and the man charged with solving the mystery of "how" finds that his own past both clouds and perpetuates the mystery. - Meh

I guess we'll be doubling up our reviews from now on. It'll be an interesting comparison.

Two - Post apocalyptic survivors (Charles Bronson and Bewitched's Elizabeth Montgomery/Samantha) from opposite sides of the conflict that ended it all learn that there are no more sides to take. Cool sets but the story is... - Meh

The Arrival - A plane lands itself and the man charged with solving the mystery of "how" finds that his own past both clouds and perpetuates the mystery. - Meh
Agree!

:thumbup:

The Shelter - An apparent impending nuclear strike pits a man vs. his neighbors who want him to "share" his bomb shelter they just recently derided him for building. - Definitely

A great snapshot of Cold War paranoia and an examination of how thin the veneer of civilization really is.

The Shelter - An apparent impending nuclear strike pits a man vs. his neighbors who want him to "share" his bomb shelter they just recently derided him for building. - Definitely

A great snapshot of Cold War paranoia and an examination of how thin the veneer of civilization really is.
Love that episode.

We are never more than 72 hours away from total anarchy.

Only 1 episode this weekend, MIL was in town so viewing time was limited:

THE PASSERSBY (Season 3, Episode 4 {69}) [6/21/14] - A civil war soldier stops by a house of a southern belle widow for a drink of water, along a road of which many wounded are traversing, and also one that both may soon be traveling (4 STARS).

From my break today, Season 3 has been phenomenal for the most part thus far:

A GAME OF POOL (Season 3, Episode 5 {70}) - A regular, lonely pool shark wishes he can challenge legendary billiard player to a game of pool to prove that he is the best. When the legend magically appears, the stakes of the game are for "Life or Death" and the beleaguered pool shark may have not known what was truly at stake (4 STARS)

THE MIRROR (Season 3, Episode 6 {71}) - A South American revolutionary overthrows a dictatorship government and ousts its former leader, in the process, he discovers a magic mirror which displays his assassins before they appear (5 STARS)

THE GRAVE (Season 3, Episode 7 {72}) - A bounty hunter is challenged to visit the grave of an outlaw who died swearing vengeance against him. (4 STARS)

IT'S A GOOD LIFE (Season 3, Episode 8 {73}) - A small 6 yr old boy with supernatural, God-like abilities can change the world to his own image, and in the process, terrorizes the small community that remains in the world, as he sees it (5 STARS)

DEATHS-HEAD REVISITED (Season 3, Episode 9 {74}) - Former Captain of the SS revisits his the ruins of Dachau concentration camp to relive the memories of his time as its commandant during World War II (5 STARS)

WILL THE REAL MARTIAN PLEASE STAND UP? (Season 2, Episode 28 {64}) [6/19/14] - A pair of police officers come across an UFO and are marooned in a rural diner with a bus full of patrons, and they must identify who among them is not of this earth, but a space creature. (5 STARS)
I like pretty much all the TZ episodes but I think this one and The Invaders are my two favorites. Seeing them for the first time (long ago when I was a kid) blew me away.

I like pretty much all the TZ episodes but I think this one and The Invaders are my two favorites. Seeing them for the first time (long ago when I was a kid) blew me away.
I really enjoyed this one too, the twist at the end really threw me as well.

Also Ive been thinking that at some point I am going to do a top 10 list for each season, and then my top 10 overall for the series. Maybe even rank each episode vs. each other.

I'm sure we all have our favorites, but I am amazed that no one has yet mentioned these excellent episodes: "Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge" (only episode to have not been written or directed or even produced by Rod Serling or Buck Houghton) "Five Character's In Search of an Exit" (starring a very young Rod Taylor) "The Encounter"(only episode which when it aired in the US, was summarily banned from syndication due to it's racial overtones. Starring Neville Brand and a young Japanese actor who would later become famous on Star Trek, George Takai) And my most favorite episode of all, "Death's Head Revisited". The nightmarish episode of a Nazi commandant returning to Dachau prison years after his rule had ended to gloat over the cells and rooms where he tortured Jews to death. Only to find that all the prisoners had not left. Written by Sterling and directed by Don Medford, it is by far the most moving episode I have ever seen.

The episode ends with Serling's closing monologue: "There is an answer to the doctor's question. All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes – all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all their conscience. And the moment we forget this, the moment we cease to be haunted by its remembrance, then we become the gravediggers. Something to dwell on and to remember, not only in the Twilight Zone but wherever men walk God's Earth
5 Characters and Occurence at Owl Creek are quite excellent.

Not sure I remember Death's Head... might want to check that out.

Also, I'll add - "To Serve Man" is one of my all-time favs.
You've seen Death's Head. It is about a SS agent that returns to the concentration camp he ran during WWII and encounters the ghosts of the prisoners he killed.
I'm sure we've seen it -- it's been so long that I am just going to re-do the entire series
Just saw this episode, really really well done. Excellent acting all the way around and ranked it 5 stars. Serling's epilogue at the end of the episode is masterful and poetic, in and itself worthy of 5 stars.

"There is an answer to the doctor's question. All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes – all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all their conscience. And the moment we forget this, the moment we cease to be haunted by its remembrance, then we become the gravediggers. Something to dwell on and to remember, not only in the Twilight Zone but wherever men walk God's Earth."

Saw a couple last night:

THE MIDNIGHT SUN (Season 3, Episode 10 {75}) [6/23/14] - The earth's orbit has been altered and is coming perilously closer to the sun, an artist and her neighbor are the only inhabitants in their apartment complex, everyone else has either moved north where it is cooler or perished from the extremely high temperatures, or so it seems. (3 STARS)

STILL VALLEY (Season 3, Episode 11 {76} [6/23/14] - A confederate soldier attempts to spy on a union roaming party that has taken residence in a small town in the Virginia valley, upon his arrival, he notices the soldiers appear to be frozen in place under some sort of trance by an old man in town who practices witchcraft (2 STARS) - I thought that the story's premise was well done, but the execution left me wanting -- the ending was a bit disappointing, but expected

The Passerby - A melancholy episode shows that war has no winners and that, in the end, death comes for us all. A bit telegraphed, but overall enjoyable. - Yes

A Game Of Pool - A pool shark wants his chance at beating the best. Unfortunately The Best is long dead. But then fate sets up a game. Another good "careful what you wish for" episodes. - Yes

More from last night/today (Started Jungle last night before bed, fell asleep watching it, not a good sign!):

THE JUNGLE (Season 3, Episode 12 {77}) - A contractor, recently returned from Africa, is part of a team constructing a dam which in the process will displace its residents. In retaliation, local witch doctors have threatened to use "black magic" against anyone associated with the project (2 STARS) - Interesting story, poor execution, extremely predictable

ONCE UPON A TIME (Season 3, Episode 13 {78}) - Set in the 1890's, a clumsy, old janitor discovers time travel via a time helmet of the scientist of which he maintains. He fast forwards himself to 1960 and upon arrival, damages the helmet, and needs to get it fixed with the aide of an 1890's historian. (2 STARS) - Probably one of the most interesting episodes I've ever seen from a delivery standpoint - from an execution stand point, it was overly cheesy, but still good enough to warrant 2 stars, would've been a fine 3 stooges episode

5 CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF AN EXIT (Season 3, Episode 14 {79}) - 5 individuals, a clown, an army major, a hobo, a ballet dancer, and a bag piper, awake to find themselves secluded in a room with no recollection of who they are, as well as a variety of 'what', 'where', 'when', 'why' and 'how's' left to answer as they try to plot a daring escape. (5 STARS)

Edited a previous post (#11) to do a # ranking of each episode by season, and eventually I will rank every episode regardless of season, here is what I have so far:

SEASON 1 (From Best to Worst Episode of the Season):

1. TIME ENOUGH AT LAST

2. THE MONSTERS ARE DUE ON MAPLE STREET

3. THE AFTER-HOURS

4. THE HITCH-HIKER

5. ELEGY

6. MIRROR IMAGE

7. AND WHEN THE SKY WAS OPENED

8. WHAT YOU NEED

9. EXECUTION

10. JUDGEMENT NIGHT

11. WALKING DISTANCE

12. WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

13. THE LAST FLIGHT

14. LONG LIVE WALTER JAMESON

15. ESCAPE CLAUSE

16. MR. DENTON ON DOOMSDAY

17. PEOPLE ARE ALIKE ALL OVER

18. THE FOUR OF US ARE DYING

19. THE SIXTEEN-MILLIMETER SHRINE

20. THE PURPLE TESTAMENT

21. NIGHTMARE AS A CHILD

22. A NICE PLACE TO VISIT

23. A STOP AT WILLOUGHBY

24. PERCHANCE TO DREAM

25. THE CHASER

26. A WORLD OF HIS OWN

27. A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE

28. THIRD FROM THE SUN

29. THE FEVER

30. ONE FOR THE ANGELS

31. THE LONELY

32. I SHOT AN ARROW INTO THE SKY

33. A PASSAGE FOR TRUMPET

34. MR. BEVIS

35. THE MIGHTY CASEY

36. THE BIG TALL WISH

SEASON 2

1. THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

2. THE OBSOLETE MAN

3. THE INVADERS

4. THE RIP VAN WINKLE CAPER

5. THE ODYSSEY OF FLIGHT 33

6. NICK OF TIME

7. WILL THE REAL MARTIAN PLEASE STAND UP?

8. THE SILENCE

9. SHADOW PLAY

10. A HUNDRED YARDS OVER THE RIM

11. BACK THERE

12. A MOST UNUSUAL CAMERA

13. LONG DISTANCE CALL

14. THE MAN IN THE BOTTLE

15. THE LATENESS OF THE HOUR

16. TWENTY TWO

17. THE MIND AND THE MATTER

18. THE HOWLING MAN

19. NERVOUS MAN IN A FOUR-DOLLAR ROOM

20. THE PRIME MOVER

21. THE NIGHT OF THE MEEK

22. DUST

23. A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS

24. THE TROUBLE WITH TEMPLETON

25. KING NINE WILL NOT RETURN

26. THE WHOLE TRUTH

27. A THING ABOUT MACHINES

28. MR. DINGLE, THE STRONG

29. STATIC

The Mirror - A revolutionary is newly installed at the head of the government and a magic mirror reveals to him the traitors in his midst. But then megalomaniacs don't need magic mirrors for that do they? - Yes

I liked the setup, but the bad beards and worse accents were a bit of a distraction.

HOLY CRAP - Clemente was Peter Falk!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grave - After the townsfolk gun down the outlaw, the man they hired to track him down is dared to visit his grave in the middle of the night. - Meh
Interesting in that it starred big name actors Lee Marvin, Lee Van Cleef, and Strother Martin. But overall a really lightweight episode with a bad crazy lady character.

The Mirror - A revolutionary is newly installed at the head of the government and a magic mirror reveals to him the traitors in his midst. But then megalomaniacs don't need magic mirrors for that do they? - Yes

I liked the setup, but the bad beards and worse accents were a bit of a distraction.

HOLY CRAP - Clemente was Peter Falk!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grave - After the townsfolk gun down the outlaw, the man they hired to track him down is dared to visit his grave in the middle of the night. - Meh
Interesting in that it starred big name actors Lee Marvin, Lee Van Cleef, and Strother Martin. But overall a really lightweight episode with a bad crazy lady character.
Surprised you didnt like the Grave, weird lady aside, I thought it was a pretty good episode.

A QUALITY OF MERCY (Season 3, Episode 15 {80}) - A young gung-ho American in World War II orders his war-weary soldiers to make a near-suicidal attack on a group of sick and wounded Japanese soldiers holed up in a cave, however when he is given the opposition's perspective 3 years earlier in the war he has second thoughts... (3 STARS)

NOTHING IN THE DARK (Season 3, Episode 16 {81}) - A paranoid and elderly woman, locked in her home, is desperately afraid of the outside world because is convinced "Mr. Death" is trying to find her and come in her home. She is forced into unlocking her door when an officer is shot outside of her home and was dying on her front doorstep. (5 STARS)

ONE MORE PALLBEARER (Season 3, Episode 17 {82}) - An eccentric tycoon invites 3 individuals, a priest, a school teacher and a former army sergeant, each of whom has humiliated him in the past, into his bomb shelter in a illustrious rouse of imminent world destruction in order to try and force them to make an apology that he desperately yearns for, what happens when the rouse isnt what its planned to be at all? (4 STARS) - Really enjoyed this episode, its damn near a 5 for me, the 2nd twist at the end I think barely nudges it down from a 5 to a 4.

DEAD MAN'S SHOES (Season 3, Episode 18 {83}) - A homeless man comes across a dead mobster in an alley with decorative shoes, and decides he wants them. When he puts them on, he begins to act differently, kind of like the gent who wore them last! And he's pissed. (4 STARS)

I'm surprised "What you need" season one is regarded so highly. I'm with Andy on this one. Definitely a meh for me. A very slow story, less than stellar acting and a very predictable ending. It wasn't what I needed to see.

I'm surprised "What you need" season one is regarded so highly. I'm with Andy on this one. Definitely a meh for me. A very slow story, less than stellar acting and a very predictable ending. It wasn't what I needed to see.
:lol:

I really enjoyed the episode - , I can understand why some may have ranked it lower (you know halfway through that the goon is going to want too much) but I thought the ending was clever and well done.

However looking at my 5 star/"Definitely" list, I realize it doesnt quite belong in the upper echelon, I moved it down to 4 stars/"YES" and ranked it #11 OVR in my season 1 rankings (it was my lowest ranked 5 star episode FWIW).

It's a Good Life - A monster, in the form of a 6 year old boy, holds a small town hostage; dispensing them to the "cornfield" if they make him angry. And that's it. It's terrifyingly bleak. - Definitely

This is an all-time great "child actor" performance. The kid is the stuff of nightmares. I don't know if Serling intended it to be straight horror or as a metaphor for totalitarian societies - because it certainly works in the latter (just look at North Korea) - but either way it works in spades. Rightfully considered one of TZ's best episodes.

One of the best things about this episode (and other media like it) is that it gives the audience the benefit of the doubt when it doesn't show you too many of the horrors. It assumes what you could invent in your mind is way worse than what they can show you. Very Hitchcockian in that sense.

It's a Good Life - A monster, in the form of a 6 year old boy, holds a small town hostage; dispensing them to the "cornfield" if they make him angry. And that's it. It's terrifyingly bleak. - Definitely

This is an all-time great "child actor" performance. The kid is the stuff of nightmares. I don't know if Serling intended it to be straight horror or as a metaphor for totalitarian societies - because it certainly works in the latter (just look at North Korea) - but either way it works in spades. Rightfully considered one of TZ's best episodes.

One of the best things about this episode (and other media like it) is that it gives the audience the benefit of the doubt when it doesn't show you too many of the horrors. It assumes what you could invent in your mind is way worse than what they can show you. Very Hitchcockian in that sense.
Season 3 is chock full of good episodes, but this is probably the best in the season (The Dummy and To Serve Man will give it a run for its $), top 5 episode for sure for series

Death's Head Revisited - A Nazi returns to Dachau where he's confronted by those upon whom he visited so much misery and death. - Definitely

Serling served in the US military during WWII and hoped to fight in Europe but instead went to the Pacific. Still, his anti-war stance is absolutely piercing in this episode.

The man playing camp victim Becker is amazing in his line delivery - each feeling like a bullet fired from an executioner's gun.

As is that of the man playing the unrepentant SS Capt. Gunther Lutze. He embodies the slimy, inhuman Nazi stereotype so well, the episodes final payoff is that much more satisfying.

And it works as a pure horror episode. It's very frightening.

Death's Head Revisited - A Nazi returns to Dachau where he's confronted by those upon whom he visited so much misery and death. - Definitely

Serling served in the US military during WWII and hoped to fight in Europe but instead went to the Pacific. Still, his anti-war stance is absolutely piercing in this episode.

The man playing camp victim Becker is amazing in his line delivery - each feeling like a bullet fired from an executioner's gun.

As is that of the man playing the unrepentant SS Capt. Gunther Lutze. He embodies the slimy, inhuman Nazi stereotype so well, the episodes final payoff is that much more satisfying.

And it works as a pure horror episode. It's very frightening.
Outstanding episode.

THE HUNT (Season 3, Episode 19 {84}) - An old man and his faithful pup go on a late night coon hunt, and find out that they're both have died. But do all dogs & humans go to the same heaven? Or do they go to a different one? (3 STARS)

SHOWDOWN WITH RANCE MCGREW (Season 3, Episode 20 {85}) - A phony, television cowboy finds himself pitted against the real, actual Jesse James, and he and the other cowboys are upset that actors nowadays are not portraying historical cowboys good enough (1 STAR) - Dumb episode, could've been alot better but acting was very poor

KICK THE CAN (Season 3, Episode 21 {86}) - An elderly man, marooned in a retirement home, discovers the fountain of youth in the form of a children's game. (3 STARS)

A PIANO IN THE HOUSE (Season 3, Episode 22 {87}) - An theatre critic purchases a player piano from an antique shop for his wife's birthday and he discovers that it when he plays certain tunes on the piano, it can alter the moods of people around him and bring forth their inner most secrets (5 STARS)

THE LAST RITES OF JEFF MYRTLEBANK (Season 3, Episode 23 {88}) - A dead man wakes up at his own funeral after being declared dead for 3 days, and he doesnt appear to the same man who went in that coffin even though he looks the same (3 STARS)

TO SERVE MAN (Season 3, Episode 24 {89}) - An alien race visits earth promising to assist humans and help solve all of their problems. They end all of the pain, suffering, hunger and war on Earth, and, in return, offer the chance to visit the alien's home planet, in order serve mankind favorably there. The only question: is something like this rare? or well done? (5 STARS)

Going back and forth on "It's a Good Life" and "To Serve Man" as #1 in Season 3... Right now leaning towards To Serve Man...

The Midnight Sun - The earth's orbit has changed and it's getting hotter by the day. - Definitely

What was going on in Serling's life that he turned so glum? The last three episodes have been nightmarish.

Twist endings are cliche now, but this one is really well done considering the time it was made.

The Midnight Sun - The earth's orbit has changed and it's getting hotter by the day. - Definitely

What was going on in Serling's life that he turned so glum? The last three episodes have been nightmarish.

Twist endings are cliche now, but this one is really well done considering the time it was made.
Ending was really good with this one. It took a while to get there IMO

The chick in this one was pretty hot especially since the plot had her in her underwear and sweaty the whole time.

Still Valley - A Confederate soldier happens on a witch with a black magic manual that can turn the tide of war by freezing the entire Union army. - Yuck

Might be the worst episode I've watched so far.

The Jungle - An executive involved in building a dam in tribal Africa seems plagued by a curse during his late walk home from the office - Yes

This started out as a "Yuck" because I didn't like the setup. But the camerawork and the atmosphere ended up being really interesting which tipped it to a "Yes".

Once Upon A Time - A sour#### who hates the conditions in 1890 (Buster Keaton! :excited: ) is transported to 1962 and there meets a man who'd rather be from 1890. They both end up pining for their own time. - Yes

A quirky episode intended to showcase Keaton's trademark slapstick, this was a welcome comedic departure from this season's typically downbeat mood.

Still Valley - A Confederate soldier happens on a witch with a black magic manual that can turn the tide of war by freezing the entire Union army. - Yuck

Might be the worst episode I've watched so far.
I agree on this designation, it had so much potential but was executed really poorly.

Can't be worse than Mighty Casey.

Some average episodes this weekend:

THE FUGITIVE (Season 3, Episode 25 {90}) - A magical shapeshifting man, on the run from another land, befriends a handicapped little girl of his apartment complex; when he finds out that two men from his homeland are tracking him down he has to be on the move yet again (3 STARS)

LITTLE GIRL LOST (Season 3, Episode 26 {91}) - A little girl gets trapped into an alternate dimension when she accidentally falls out of bed and into a portal to the other world; her parents and their friend attempt to locate and retrieve her. (3 STARS)

Users who are viewing this thread