What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Voice" , new singing talent search show (1 Viewer)

I Can't Tell You Why is one of my absolute favorite songs and I agree the Swons did great with it.

Was surprised that Usher picked I Knew You Were Trouble for Michelle's reprise. I think she had a couple of other stronger performances, ie True Colors and I think the upbeat songs highlight her awkwardness. But maybe that is part of her charm. :)

Top three itunes download were Danielle's Born To Fly (#2), Swon's Danny's Song (#4), Michelle's Why (#6).

eta studio vision of I Can't Tell You Why. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltC_n7BEWzA

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with the Swon Brothers is that it's one guy singing with the other guy harmonizing with him. The younger brother doesn't sing by himself, I don't think he belongs on the show.

My problem with the Swon Brothers is that it's one guy singing with the other guy harmonizing with him. The younger brother doesn't sing by himself, I don't think he belongs on the show.
my wife said the same exact thing last night. She hates them. I think Danielle takes it home. Im not a fan of what she sings but she is a pretty good singer

Anyone notice how much Blake messes with his wedding ring? I haven't paid attention enough to see if it's only when he's critiquing females or not. In People magazine they do claim to make it work with their busy schedules and she surprises Blake often in LA.

Gonna be really close tonight. Voting closed with Danielle 2, Michelle 3, Swon Bros 4, Swon Bros 7, Michelle 8, Danielle 9.

Danielle has the edge in the third song at 11 with Michelle at 25 and Swon Bros at 34.

Anybody could win it. Depends on the phone votes.

Did anyone catch Shakira's comment that she would miss her chair for the next few months? Nothing? Or maybe she's already talked about future return?

She doesn't have a new album out to be concerned about touring. I think they'll all be back. The revolving door is AI and XFactor which are not as popular as The Voice.

She doesn't have a new album out to be concerned about touring. I think they'll all be back. The revolving door is AI and XFactor which are not as popular as The Voice.
I don't know who technically occupies whose seat, but if Christina and/or CeLo want to come back, Shakira and/or Usher are out. The original 4 get first dibs each season and can come back at any time.

I am pretty sure Ceelo and Cristina are back for Season 5. She's on tonight, so may get confirmation. I was thinking maybe they will trade off in the future and could have spoken with Shakira about Season 6. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

ETA- Best I could find was a "source" telling Us Weekly that both are back, Shakira wants time with the baby, and Usher is doing a movie, so would not be available for Season 5.

Did anyone catch Shakira's comment that she would miss her chair for the next few months? Nothing? Or maybe she's already talked about future return?
Christina and Ceelo are back for next season, but Shakira and Usher are both back the season that follows. I'm not sure who is out that season though. Remember that this show has two seasons per year basically.

Glad I did not misinterpret Shakira! I did find a quote from Cristina saying that taping the seasons back to back is why she wanted the break. I assume she and Ceelo have heard the buzz of improved chemistry this year. I wonder if if will affect how they interact. Probably not...

Glad I did not misinterpret Shakira! I did find a quote from Cristina saying that taping the seasons back to back is why she wanted the break. I assume she and Ceelo have heard the buzz of improved chemistry this year. I wonder if if will affect how they interact. Probably not...
Considering any lack of chemistry was probably Cristina's fault, I would venture to say that a tiger can't change it's stripes.

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Christina and CeeLo would be back for this next season and then Usher and Shakira would be back for the following one, but like I said I could be wrong.

Unbelievable. Freaking country fans. Nick was great though. If anyone figures out how to buy his ep without going through iTunes, please let me know.
Umm...Danielle and the Swon Bros are probably the two best on the show as far as consistently good.

Michelle is quirky odd which is why she is still around.

Sasha was overrated...and Amber screwed up by trying that Katie Perry song.
At least she tried something different. Adam even said he pushes his people to take chances.

Blake on the other hand takes no chances. Danielle has yet to take any chances at all. Because she can't IMO. All simple stuff. Drives me crazy.

She's good at what she does though which just might be enough to win the show. I sure hope Michelle wins this thing

I prefer shakira over xtina, but ceelo over usher. He's been boring and his commentary pretty full and useless. It's a miracle this girl is a finalist. She's really bad.

Unbelievable. Freaking country fans. Nick was great though. If anyone figures out how to buy his ep without going through iTunes, please let me know.
Umm...Danielle and the Swon Bros are probably the two best on the show as far as consistently good.

Michelle is quirky odd which is why she is still around.

Sasha was overrated...and Amber screwed up by trying that Katie Perry song.
At least she tried something different. Adam even said he pushes his people to take chances.

Blake on the other hand takes no chances. Danielle has yet to take any chances at all. Because she can't IMO. All simple stuff. Drives me crazy.

She's good at what she does though which just might be enough to win the show. I sure hope Michelle wins this thing
Got in a debate on another site about this very thing. She was saying that Blake was a much better coach because of the bolded, because it played to their strengths. Can't really argue with the success he has had with it.

CeeLo and Christina (unfortunately as to the latter) will be back next season, which is in the fall. For Season 6, which is in the spring, Shakira and Usher will again "replace" them. This is all confirmed. It wouldn't surprise me to see Adam or Blake take a break for Season 6, but they'll both be back for S5.

CeeLo and Christina (unfortunately as to the latter) will be back next season, which is in the fall. For Season 6, which is in the spring, Shakira and Usher will again "replace" them. This is all confirmed. It wouldn't surprise me to see Adam or Blake take a break for Season 6, but they'll both be back for S5.
I do like Xtina and Ceelo better so I'm happy. Usher and Shakira just didn't impress me.

Hard to argue with Danielle being deserving. It sounds corny, but the party going on onstage among family, judges and contestants - and even some of the confessionals and other skits - really captured the positive chemistry of the season. (I wasn't even sure her parents even noticed she stopped singing! Shakira and Usher were the first to "rescue" her when she was left standing by herself).

Ceelo and Christina should take note, though I am not hopeful. I do think they should have let Christina say something after she sang. Seemed a little cold given she's spent three seasons with the show. Rotating judges should be good for the longevity of the show and hopefully six will be enough that they can keep using judges with experience. I am sure Usher and Shakira will have better results in future blind auditions having shown they can coach.

ETA- Onstage party. :She made it seven seconds into the song. Her joy is sweet to watch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZGypPEURJw

Hard to argue with Danielle being deserving. It sounds corny, but the party going on onstage among family, judges and contestants - and even some of the confessionals and other skits - really captured the positive chemistry of the season. (I wasn't even sure her parents even noticed she stopped singing! Shakira and Usher were the first to "rescue" her when she was left standing by herself).

Ceelo and Christina should take note, though I am not hopeful. I do think they should have let Christina say something after she sang. Seemed a little cold given she's spent three seasons with the show. Rotating judges should be good for the longevity of the show and hopefully six will be enough that they can keep using judges with experience. I am sure Usher and Shakira will have better results in future blind auditions having shown they can coach.

ETA- Onstage party. :She made it seven seconds into the song. Her joy is sweet to watch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZGypPEURJw
It looked like Christina went down to greet Adam at his chair, so there's that!

Christina definitely lost a ton of weight and looks good. CeeLo tatted his head and was pretty quite except for some begging to get some contestants on his team. Pretty good talent for the first show. Seems the contestants "story" is becoming more important than their singing ability. Everyone seems to have a hard luck story. Adam went a little overboard on his theatrics - although he gets a contestant on his team that has a crush on him.

The drama can be a bit much. They actually, and unfortunately, has a contestant lose a parent in the midst of the competition in each of the last two seasons. The overall drama level, though, is still way below AI and X Factor. Thankfully.

The begging to get picked as coach can get old fast, but I still enjoy listening to the singers. Again, unlike Ai and X Factor, i appreciate that they do not show bad singers for entertainment value.

Christina definitely lost a ton of weight and looks good. CeeLo tatted his head and was pretty quite except for some begging to get some contestants on his team. Pretty good talent for the first show. Seems the contestants "story" is becoming more important than their singing ability. Everyone seems to have a hard luck story. Adam went a little overboard on his theatrics - although he gets a contestant on his team that has a crush on him.
I didn't get on his team :shrug:

The drama can be a bit much. They actually, and unfortunately, has a contestant lose a parent in the midst of the competition in each of the last two seasons. The overall drama level, though, is still way below AI and X Factor. Thankfully.

The begging to get picked as coach can get old fast, but I still enjoy listening to the singers. Again, unlike Ai and X Factor, i appreciate that they do not show bad singers for entertainment value.
The "drama" is what makes the show more run. All these shows are doing something and it works. I mean on AGT we had Howie and Stern almost kiss each other. Bit over the top but it's better than watching a Jeopardy type of show.

I didn't get on his team :shrug:
Try again next year. They seem to be inviting everyone back that gets dropped.

Ceelo doesn't have a niche. The country people want Blake, the girl pop star wannabees want Christina and everyone who wants to be a rock star wants Adam. He also gives the weakest feedback. Christina has gotten bad on that front, too. She used to comment more on their singing, but now is mostly just playing the female card or that she is fresh from taking a season off. I miss Shakira and Usher.

I think Ceelo isn't doing as much to sell that he really wants the contestants. He just says generic stuff.

The country kid, Justin Blake, that Adam picked up last night was pretty lousy. Really surprised he got picked up.

I think Ceelo isn't doing as much to sell that he really wants the contestants. He just says generic stuff.

The country kid, Justin Blake, that Adam picked up last night was pretty lousy. Really surprised he got picked up.
Yea, I thought Justin Blake was nothing special at all, matter of fact that county guy that sang after Justin Blake was better and he didn't get picked up.

Does anyone know how this round works? I assume it is three per team going through to Top 12, but wondering if it is all via audience vote or if coach has a say for one of them?

If I had to put money on one contestant today to win this season, I would put my money on Tessanne Chin.

Users who are viewing this thread