What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Voice" , new singing talent search show (1 Viewer)

I picked Dani and TJ to go also, though it seemed like TJ might have a shot on the back of Usher's tweet campaign since Shakira, with two, couldn't respond in kind.

Definitely thought Shakira was lip synching. How did that song get to be a hit?

I would like to see Adam and Blake take a break.
Not gonna happen IMO. As many fans watch the show for them as they do the singing.

With that said, I agree with you!
Oh hell no! Those 2 are the best! Love their banters and they aren't bad on the eyes either. I think that's why AI went downhill. They kept changing their judges. I think it would have been more successful if the originals had stayed. Simon was key to watching that show to many.

Go Delvin and Josh! I'd be thrilled with either one winning it all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked Dani and TJ to go also, though it seemed like TJ might have a shot on the back of Usher's tweet campaign since Shakira, with two, couldn't respond in kind.

Definitely thought Shakira was lip synching. How did that song get to be a hit?
That was a terrible song. That's not her style. She should stick with the hip shaking songs that made her famous.

I have no sense of who the front-runners are this season. I wouldn't be surprised by anyone going home or winning.

As far as front runners, I don't know if itunes is predictive, but right before the show started last night, four were on the Top 100 list: Josh, Christina, Jake, Kristen.

Didn't watch any of the auditions and thought I'd jump into the "live" rounds this week.

I know the singing is better here than other reality competitions, but without any background for me this becomes watching karaoke, albeit good karaoke. Not interested.

Anyone else think the music volume was too loud in comparison to a few of the performers? Or is it my ears damaged by years of heavy metal?

I also felt Shakira was lip syncing, which is a huge shame.

Sishaundra (sp?) is incredibly annoying to me, but I haven't and don't vote. Her singing is fine, it's something about her persona.

Also, I can't believe no one has commented on the mic dropping out. I don't think most established artists sing through that. I think some throw tantrums, some stop more gracefully until it gets fixed, but no matter what Carson said, I don't think Adam especially, but probably none of the other 3 sing through that until the end of the song, hitting the last note perfectly at the end as replacement mic is handed to them. Kudos to her.

Jake = worst singer to ever make it this far. He is just not good, then he has to sing a George Strait song and he sounds totally awful. The only thing saving him is the country demographic that follows the show.

Can't believe Jake was saved over Kat. That's just country folks voting just because. The other two I felt belonged in the bottom based on their performance on Monday.

Thankfully the tweets saved Kat.

Another week with Usher and Shakira losing an artist.

bryhamm said:
Can't believe Jake was saved over Kat. That's just country folks voting just because. The other two I felt belonged in the bottom based on their performance on Monday.

Thankfully the tweets saved Kat.

Another week with Usher and Shakira losing an artist.
Yep! Sadly this show is turning into a popularity contest, just like AI. The best talent rarely wins. Jake is awful!!

I think they should rotate the judges and teams. Much of the vote is going to the judge versus the talent.

I think this would allow for more honest feedback throughout the competition and give the singers a chance to work with everyone.

They'd just need to compile the teams differently.

I think the biggest problem with the Voice and Idol is the voting system. 10 votes per person on one and 50! on the other. One person,one vote,then I think voters would be much more judicious in their selection. But I agree,Jake is still there because of Blake,if he trumps any of the other 7 at this point it would be a joke.

Usher has really worked my last nerve with his smug doosh act this season and I'm glad to see him left with only Josh the Garden Gnome on his team (whom he only has because of a [correct] drop by Adam) as a result of his overrated coaching. Just keep giving him Kenny Loggins songs, my man.

Audra has a good shot since the countey block can all rally for her with Kristen and Jake through. I am personally rooting for delvin.

I think the finals, though, will be Christina, Josh, Jake.

ETA Oh well. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hard to guess who would be in the top when so many did softer type songs. The only two I "knew" were Christina in the top and Sissaundra in the bottom. Can't believe Jake was in the top. He doesn't deserve it imo. Hell, the country folks should have gotten behind Audra. She was better.

Whoa, just flipped over from the blowout NBA game and didn't recognize Levine! WTF is with the blonde do-- UGLY!!!!!!!

Delvin should have made it to the final 5. Disappointing outcome. Loved Kat's performance this week.

IMO Final 3 will be Kat, Christina and Jake.

Was hard to guess who would be in the top when so many did softer type songs. The only two I "knew" were Christina in the top and Sissaundra in the bottom. Can't believe Jake was in the top. He doesn't deserve it imo. Hell, the country folks should have gotten behind Audra. She was better.
Jake is pretty average, but people sure do like him.

Adam screwed his artists again by giving them weird songs in the semis. I thought Christina was a shoo-in for the finals and she's getting destroyed by the others on iTunes. Then he goes off on that rant after her first song. Dumb.

Adam screwed his artists again by giving them weird songs in the semis. I thought Christina was a shoo-in for the finals and she's getting destroyed by the others on iTunes. Then he goes off on that rant after her first song. Dumb.
Agreed. Although I've been thinking for a while that it would be her vs Josh, which has happened.

So disappointed that Jake was voted into the top 2.

Yeah, that was really bizarre.

Guesses for tonight? I think Josh will be third and Christina or Jake both have a shot. People just really seem to like Jake and he could get Kristen's country votes.

I thought Set Fire To The Rain really took Josh "out of his lane" and was a big mistake.EVen the staging and dress.

After the performances last night, and taking everything else into account, it should be Christina imo. This was a 2 person race between Josh and Christina, but Josh hurt himself a bit last night.

Christina should win.

I don't think Josh has a shot based on iTunes. They somehow screwed up the classification of 'Set Fire to the Rain' so it doesn't show up on the charts on my iPhone, but it was really lagging behind last night.

Christina should probably win. 'Can't Help Falling In Love' was the best performance of last night. Adam redeemed himself after his stupid song choice for her in the semis. I will say though, Jake had his best performances of the show last night, hands down. As much as I love Country, I haven't been a huge fan of his. But 'Right Here Waiting' was really good. Definitely his best song to date.

Gonna be interesting to see how the phone votes came in...

After the performances last night, and taking everything else into account, it should be Christina imo. This was a 2 person race between Josh and Christina, but Josh hurt himself a bit last night.

Christina should win.
:goodposting:

But you can never count out the country vote pushing Jake to victory.

rodg12 said:
I don't think Josh has a shot based on iTunes. They somehow screwed up the classification of 'Set Fire to the Rain' so it doesn't show up on the charts on my iPhone, but it was really lagging behind last night.
I wonder if/how they will address this. It does hurt him.

From his FB page: "There continue to be issues with my iTunes listing. You can still find the song by searching my name and looking under "albums" instead of songs."

rodg12 said:

Christina should probably win. 'Can't Help Falling In Love' was the best performance of last night. Adam redeemed himself after his stupid song choice for her in the semis. I will say though, Jake had his best performances of the show last night, hands down. As much as I love Country, I haven't been a huge fan of his. But 'Right Here Waiting' was really good. Definitely his best song to date.

Gonna be interesting to see how the phone votes came in...
I thought just the opposite. Heaven worked last week. This one didn't work this week.

Christina and Josh were always my 2 favorites, but I was leaning toward Josh more because of Christina's habit of oversinging everything. but that Adele song was a HORRIBLE choice for Josh. really bad. I think any chance he had of winning was lost with that song. good job, Ursher.

Christina should win going away, unless the country vote crowns another undeserving winner.

Users who are viewing this thread