What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things everyone should know, but somehow they don't. (4 Viewers)

Ok, I've never used a dual-lane traffic circle, but I think I see a problem.

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
This can be further complicated by circles where a 2-lane road merges with a 4-lane road...At times the outer lane must exit the circle, while the inner lane can exit or continue around.  This was what almost got me hit this weekend.  I was on the inner lane, and was exiting on to the 4-lane road, and the guy on the outside lane wanted to continue around the circle (which was then 1-lane wide as the right lane HAD to exit.).  He cut right into me.

As a general rule, it's never OK to cut across someone else's path.  If the lane next to you CAN go straight, you shouldn't cut across. 

:confused:  you're not being asked to witness, but to notarize?  That means that the person swore/affirmed to you, in person, that they signed it.  You don't need to actually see them sign.

#takeittothelawyerthread
Stay in California.  You guys allow that kind of weirdness.  

People who stop in the left turn lane, but don't enter the intersection. They just wait at the stop line. If the light turns yellow, they still sit there. If there's no opening before the light turns red, well, they'll just wait and try again next cycle.

:hot: :rant: :hot:
Technically, you're not supposed to enter an intersection unless you can complete your action.  They're technically doing what you're supposed to do...with that said, I agree 100%.

Life is short and no matter what your ideology, beliefs etc...we are all inherently struggling with the burden of life and the fear of what is coming whether we know it or not.  We have way more in common than most people seem to recognize and we are connected in ways most won't even bother to consider.  

I hate it when people sit there until I stop and then decide to go.  If they want to sit there and wave me through, I can live with that.
This drives me nuts.  They are clearly sitting there waiting for me to come to a complete stop, like as I was at 10 mph slowing down to zero, I might be out of control and slam into them if they proceed through.

Life is short and no matter what your ideology, beliefs etc...we are all inherently struggling with the burden of life and the fear of what is coming whether we know it or not.  We have way more in common than most people seem to recognize and we are connected in ways most won't even bother to consider.  
People who don't know when to suspend their posting while under the influence. 

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
Most circles I've seen have signs for what direction you can go in which lanes.  Generally, the right lane is for right turning only.  The left lane is for going straight, or turning left.  That way you avoid these issues.

This bothers me, but what bothers me more is people who stop two car lengths behind someone in the left turn lane, during high traffic times, and thus backs other people wanting to turn left back into the straight lane, and I am sitting there wanting to go straight behind people stopped at a red turn light, when only one more car needs to get over into the turn lane but they can't because Mr. mycaristooimportanttobewithin15feetofanothercar is ####### up my world. 

Then when they finally are able to go, I am stuck at the red light.  ####!!!
I have seen people try to justify this by saying "but if somebody tries to carjack me I'll have room to get away".  Not kidding.

Other people have said "this way if I'm rear-ended I won't hit the car in front of me".  GTFO.

Maybe this is just a Mass thing but people who pull out into the flow of traffic thus blocking one lane of traffic while they wait to be let in to the other lane.  I'm pretty sure that is not allowed in any driving laws anywhere.

Whole point of traffic circle is to keep things moving. Do whatever you gotta do to make that happen and it's all good. 

If you are right handed and shooting for the 10 pin, stand towards the LEFT part of the lane....not the right.

Obligatory political answer: That health care is complicated.

Real answer: How to shuffle a deck of cards. We have a monthly poker game at my house and there are a couple of people who require someone else to shuffle for them because mixing 52 cards together is hard.

Probably.  Point being, doesn't work that way here.  
Took a quick look at LA statutes, they define "taking an acknowledgement" the same way other states do - just means appearing personally to swear it's your signature/oath/free act.  Notary need not witness pen on paper.

How to write out a check.

Not sure people under 25 know how.
I posted the other day how I experienced an old guy write a check in a grocery express line.

Writing checks suck and slows everyone down. It should only be done in select circumstances, such as buying a car.

How to pull out.

The number of kids I see people claiming on their W-4 is mind boggling and troubling considering most of them aren't even suitable for a minimum wage position.

Speaking of traffic circles, traffic entering a circle being required to yield to traffic already in the circle (relatedly, the big sign saying "yield" means yield).

Why do all "what bothers me" threads inevitably evolve into complaints about how people drive?
Its one of those undeniable truths of human existence.  90% of all drivers are better drivers than 90% of all other drivers. Just about everyone on the road does something that pisses other drivers off, but at the same time perceives his own driving as perfect while judging others. My law partner is the absolute worst. He drives like a fooking idiot, pissing everyone off during his 12 minute commute, while all the way complaining about everyone else on the road.

I regularly have people ask me to notarize documents for them, then pull out a signed document when they show up.

I have to watch you sign.  That's one of the main things about notarizing a document. 
Our lawyer notarized documents we mailed to her :shrug:

People with good paying jobs who don't save for retirement.  I read somewhere today that the MEDIAN amount saved by people aged 50-55 in this country is $8,000. 

I posted the other day how I experienced an old guy write a check in a grocery express line.

Writing checks suck and slows everyone down. It should only be done in select circumstances, such as buying a car.
related: people who don't know to refuse to accept a personal check for a big-ticket item

Took a quick look at LA statutes, they define "taking an acknowledgement" the same way other states do - just means appearing personally to swear it's your signature/oath/free act.  Notary need not witness pen on paper.
Well, if you took a quick look at the statutes, I guess that beats my knowledge base. 

People with good paying jobs who don't save for retirement.  I read somewhere today that the MEDIAN amount saved by people aged 50-55 in this country is $8,000. 
Huge amount of skew in that curve.  The average is much higher (though nowhere near what it should be).  Lots of folks at zero.

I see the problem, too.  It seems you're confused and/or lost.

;)

People who don't know how to join PayPal, Venmo etc. and still are in charge of collecting $ for an event. 

Its one of those undeniable truths of human existence.  90% of all drivers are better drivers than 90% of all other drivers. Just about everyone on the road does something that pisses other drivers off, but at the same time perceives his own driving as perfect while judging others. My law partner is the absolute worst. He drives like a fooking idiot, pissing everyone off during his 12 minute commute, while all the way complaining about everyone else on the road.
Aren't lawyers obligated to be a-holes?

As mentioned before, how to build a fire (either in fireplace or in woodstove or just a campfire). 

In my line of work - what a deductible is.

That you never bench your studs.

How to change your oil. 

Men - how to tie a tie (either long or bow).

How to drive a stick (pretty high bar there maybe, but at least conceptually). 

With city driving, I'm definitely going to wait until I'm sure the other guy is stopping, especially if I have the kids in my car. I do this for the same reason I carry max uninsured/underinsured coverage - because kids driving in the city don't give a #### about red lights and stop signs.
You are the problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread