What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things everyone should know, but somehow they don't. (2 Viewers)

Why?  (I know how to do it but I can have it done for me relatively cheaply with no mess or the hassle of disposing the used oil and filter.)
Didn't say you had to do it, just knowing the basics of it, which really aren't the difficult. 

Some of us have places to be and can't wait an hour for Jim Bob to show up and do it for us. :P
Sure, but I'd be so slow at it it would probably be a wash. Might as well let Jim Bob who has the proper equipment do it and then I don't need to get all sweaty and greasy hands.

There are at least a few things listed so far that I don't know how to do (and I would argue the average person doesn't really need to know).  If I ever need to do it myself, well, that's what Google and YouTube are for.

I didn't have to look this one up, though.

There are at least a few things listed so far that I don't know how to do (and I would argue the average person doesn't really need to know).  If I ever need to do it myself, well, that's what Google and YouTube are for.

Oh good grief.  Money quote : "Don't put it "as far back as it will go" you will either swallow it or choke"

Prepare a meal

Create and adhere to a budget

Shine shoes

Not walk thru a city with your head down, texting

Raise animals, grow plants, build things.

Basic first aid and CPR

Basic survival skills

How to paint 

From what I read, in multi-lane circles you use the right lane only if you want to turn right or go straight.  If you want to go straight, turn left, or make a u-turn, you would use the left lane. Going all the way around the circle in the right lane apparently pisses people off.
First time I ever experienced a mutli lane was in Ireland, which also happened to be the first day I ever drove on the opposite of the rode, driving a car with the steering wheel on the opposite side and operating a stick shift with my left hand. Miracle I'm still alive. 

First time I ever experienced a mutli lane was in Ireland, which also happened to be the first day I ever drove on the opposite of the rode, driving a car with the steering wheel on the opposite side and operating a stick shift with my left hand. Miracle I'm still alive. 
Are the pedals reversed?

took me a good half hour to figure out how to get in reverse there.

http://imgur.com/a/nn6Wc

I have attached a photo of an intersection I pass through every day on my way to work.

When you turn left it is a 3 lane road with the right lane leading to the on-ramp going west towards Ft Worth.

As any reasonably intelligent person can see Shady Trail is a one lane street. Every day I am at that intersection attempting to turn left in to the right lane some moron squeezes in on the right instead of waiting behind the other drivers that know it is a single lane. This forces me to wait for them to pass on the outside so I can go in to the right lane.

Its enough to make me want to buy a gun.

Ok, I've never used a dual-lane traffic circle, but I think I see a problem.

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
Your problem isn't the circle... HTH

ETA - jhib beat me to it on page 3...guess I should learn to read the whole thread first before chiming in with my $0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
People on the golf course who don't know the etiquette rules of letting someone play through.  Just because it takes you 5.5 hours to hack around the course, doesn't mean everyone behind you should suffer.   

People who don't understand cardinal directions.

"Go south 2 blocks and then east 3 blocks"

Blank stare.

Do you understand the sun rises in the east and sets in the west?  :doh:

=====================================================================

How to properly take care of your grill.

I was at a BBQ last year and the guy was cooking the standard affair of burgers and dogs. Flames are licking out the side of the grill and he lifts the lid, pours come beer on it and says he needs to get a better grill.

No, you need to clean the grease out of your grill occasionally. These things aren't self cleaning and even the most expensive ones will flare up if you don't provide basic maintenance dummy!

bcdjr1 said:
Ok, I've never used a dual-lane traffic circle, but I think I see a problem.

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
Drivers already in a traffic circle have the right of way. Drivers wanting to enter the traffic circle are to yield to those already in it (and by yield I mean yield not stop). Thus if you entered the circle wanting to go straight and ended up side by side with someone coming from the opposite direction going left and you ended up side by side with them, then they entered the circle before you did and you are required to yield to them. Of course when most people yield to another driver in a traffic circle they don't end up being side by side with them and going the same speed. So if you are having trouble with this, then the problem is you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
Do cars come with spare tires anymore?
Mine does--and changing it would be easy if it didn't take a frigging mechanic to actually get to the spare that is mounted in an impossible to reach area deep in the undercarriage of the rear of the car.   Needless to say--I'll be phoning AAA should I ever need to use it.  

chet said:
I hate it when people sit there until I stop and then decide to go.  If they want to sit there and wave me through, I can live with that.
had two cars go through a 4-way stop on me over lunch today. 

car to my right waiting as i rolled up. i stop. car to my right proceeds through, he's halfway through the intersection, i let off the brake to get rolling and the 2nd car in line to my right decides he'll just go on ahead and punch the gas to cut me off.

fun 

jhib said:

alright come clean, what don't you know how to do on this running list?

Gustavo Fring said:
People on the golf course who don't know the etiquette rules of letting someone play through.  Just because it takes you 5.5 hours to hack around the course, doesn't mean everyone behind you should suffer.   
You don't ever want to play in CA.  I swear i have quit the game due to the 5-6 hour rounds.  It just isn't fun anymore.  

Users who are viewing this thread