What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This movie looks amazing (1 Viewer)

hahahha foot in mouth, yes it does you ignorant fool. The movie was directed by an atheist and in the entire movie the word god isn't used once and it doesn't follow the bible at all.
Oh man, they're allowed to direct movies now!?!? What's next, they can vote?
oh man, thats totally the point i was making, you are 100 percent right.
You had a point?
you mean the point went right over your silly little empty head? Awh

common sense
common sense is something you're obviously lacking. I don't recall anyone being imprisoned for having or performing an abortion. Again, it's your opinion. So say it's truth is moronic and without anything to back it up. But please, continue.

common sense
common sense is something you're obviously lacking. I don't recall anyone being imprisoned for having or performing an abortion. Again, it's your opinion. So say it's truth is moronic and without anything to back it up. But please, continue.
i said its a fact that you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, you are going on an entirely different argument, are you dumb?

Last edited by a moderator:
"And Jesus said unto the masses who did not agree with him: You are fools, you are dumb, and you have silly little empty heads."
I reply to people with the same politeness they give to me, not my fault they are rude little you know what
A true follower of the Golden Rule, I see.
you are saying it isn't christian of me to be rude to people even if they are rude to me first, but I never claimed to be a perfect Christian, so your point is rather pointless. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with that

"And Jesus said unto the masses who did not agree with him: You are fools, you are dumb, and you have silly little empty heads."
I reply to people with the same politeness they give to me, not my fault they are rude little you know what
you are saying it isn't christian of me to be rude to people even if they are rude to me first, but I never claimed to be a perfect Christian, so your point is rather pointless. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with that
Is the stick up your ### in the shape of a cross?

common sense
i said its a fact that you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, you are going on an entirely different argument, are you dumb?
Absolutely not. You should go back and read what you said though. In no way do you say anything to me resembling that statement. Maybe you should quit. Your fishing trip has backfired there bud.

:lmao:

common sense
Absolutely not. You should go back and read what you said though. In no way do you say anything to me resembling that statement. Maybe you should quit. Your fishing trip has backfired there bud.
"nah its a fact you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, lol." word for word from my previous post. Dont you get tired of being wrong in this thread ? You keep coming back for more

I agree its hilarious when someone gets ape mad when they run out of logical points, thats also when you know you are the smarter person

common sense
"nah its a fact you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, lol." word for word from my previous post. Dont you get tired of being wrong in this thread ? You keep coming back for more
You never said that to me. Maybe you should quit replying to multiple people at the same time. Why does someone else's beliefs bother you so much? You seem troubled. It also seems you could be in relation to Eminence.

I agree its hilarious when someone gets ape mad when they run out of logical points, thats also when you know you are the smarter person
yo mama lied to you. Sorry.

that's an opinion, not fact. Opinions are like voices. We all have a different kind.
nah its a fact you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, lol.
lol clearly I did say that to you, this is too funny

You never said that to me. Maybe you should quit replying to multiple people at the same time. Why does someone else's beliefs bother you so much? You seem troubled. It also seems you could be in relation to

that's an opinion, not fact. Opinions are like voices. We all have a different kind.
nah its a fact you dont need to believe in god to think murder is wrong, lol.
You never said that to me. Maybe you should quit replying to multiple people at the same time. Why does someone else's beliefs bother you so much? You seem troubled. It also seems you could be in relation to Eminence.
lol clearly I did say that to you, this is too funny
Agreed

Mad? Not at all. And I'll tell yu why:

In the completely hypothetical scenario where you and I are left before God, and only one of us is allowed admittance into Heaven, I have 100% confidence that I would be taken over you.

people don't "hate" religion because of a belief in God.
atheists openly mock religious people all the time, because of their insecurities.
sucks that religious people are so insecure...guess that explains this thread.
Who do you think gets mocked more in this forum, religious people or atheists (Save Tim)?
Definitely religious people, but thats not because they are religious. Plenty of religious people here discuss it without being mocked. Those being mocked are being mocked for being idiots. HTH

atheists openly mock religious people all the time, because of their insecurities.
Who do you think gets mocked more in this forum, religious people or atheists (Save Tim)?
Definitely religious people, but thats not because they are religious. Plenty of religious people here discuss it without being mocked. Those being mocked are being mocked for being idiots. HTH
Exactly. It's not the religion that causes the mocking, it's posts like the OP here.

But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Exactly. It's not the religion that causes the mocking, it's posts like the OP here.
That did the original post have that needs to be mocked?

I'm sure you can figure it out.

It looks like the screenplay was written by Jack Chick. All the stereotypes are represented it seems: angry muslims and budhists, angry atheist philosopher/science professor, folks who seek God only when they are at the end of their rope, plenty of Christian persecution throughout, and so forth.

Based on the review that OPM posted in the thread, it looks like Lee Strobel was a chief consultant with the arguments used in the movie. Lots of strawmen to burn down for a cheering audience.

Why do they use fiction to argue that God is not dead? That's not really a good start to the argument. Someone already made a movie like that. Morgan Freeman was God, and that he assigned his powers to Jim Carrey for a little while so he could use them to get Jennifer Aniston horny. That seems as plausible as any other work of fiction. If you really want to make the case you should make a documentary, no?

It starts with "This movie" and ends with "looks amazing"

It starts with "This movie" and ends with "looks amazing"
It does, but I bet you can still figure it out.

Gotta think it's pretty ballsy to have a movie that discusses the philosophy of God and you have Hercules and a Duck Dynasty guy in your movie to help make that point.

I bet the green lighting conversation with the producers and other investors was gold -

"so we have a movie about the existence of God can you give us the money"

"I don't know - looks kinda of shakey financially"

"What if we add a Duck Dynasty guy into the script? They're hot right now"

"Damn - great idea - lets make a movie"

Um, I don't remotely think Westboro represents all Christianity. In fact, I'm a major FAN of the new pope (and I realize he doesn't represent all Christians either).

You're kinda a big jerk though, aren't you?

Not going to see this movie, but does the student ever focus on "faith"? God's existence boils down to this.

Um, I don't remotely think Westboro represents all Christianity. In fact, I'm a major FAN of the new pope (and I realize he doesn't represent all Christians either).

The point is, Religious people get stereotyped a billion times more than atheists(you can argue this but you'll look foolish in your attempt) , so why are you complaining about a movie you didn't even see potentially stereotyping all atheists ?

The point is, Religious people get stereotyped a billion times more than atheists(you can argue this but you'll look foolish in your attempt) , so why are you complaining about a movie you didn't even see potentially stereotyping all atheists ?
Imagine a man breaks into your house and wants to murder you. You complain. He replies, "Millions of people were murdered in WWII, why are you complaining that I'm murdering you?"

Stereotyping is stupid BS that makes the world a worse place. Why wouldn't I complain when it is done to me?

Imagine a man breaks into your house and wants to murder you. You complain. He replies, "Millions of people were murdered in WWII, why are you complaining that I'm murdering you?"

Stereotyping is stupid BS that makes the world a worse place. Why wouldn't I complain when it is done to me?
if you haven't seen the movie how do you know its stereotyping all atheists ? The movie seems to be about one angry teacher, not all atheists

Everyone knows that JohnJohn is an alias for a poster who is atheist, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

if you haven't seen the movie how do you know its stereotyping all atheists ? The movie seems to be about one angry teacher, not all atheists
If you didn't read the review because of spoilers, I guess you don't know. The movie is brimming with stereotypes apparently. Even if you find the message to be a good one, you should find that appauling.

If you didn't read the review because of spoilers, I guess you don't know. The movie is brimming with stereotypes apparently. Even if you find the message to be a good one, you should find that appauling.
"A stereotype is any generalization about a group" This seems to be about one person, not the entire group of atheists. The guy that wrote the review is just trying to trash it because its pro god, and he is being intellectually dishonest in his criticism, and you bought it hook line and sinker

Users who are viewing this thread