What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This movie looks amazing (1 Viewer)

I believe the movie contained two atheists. One was an angry man, the other was a gal with cancer. Not sure what the stereotyping is people are referring to. Two people with two different personalities and actions. Seems to be the opposite of stereotyping.

Not sure why I'm going to bother but...

Even if the message of this movie was reversed...meaning the believers were the fools and the atheists were the victors...it would still look like a giant box of steaming turds.

Um, I don't remotely think Westboro represents all Christianity. In fact, I'm a major FAN of the new pope (and I realize he doesn't represent all Christians either).

You're kinda a big jerk though, aren't you?
The point is, Religious people get stereotyped a billion times more than atheists(you can argue this but you'll look foolish in your attempt) , so why are you complaining about a movie you didn't even see potentially stereotyping all atheists ?
Imagine a man breaks into your house and wants to murder you. You complain. He replies, "Millions of people were murdered in WWII, why are you complaining that I'm murdering you?"

Stereotyping is stupid BS that makes the world a worse place. Why wouldn't I complain when it is done to me?
That's exactly what someone against stereotyping would say.

God is not dead. She'd have to exist in the first place in order to die.

Aoooooohhhhhhh!! (2/2 on sick burns now)

The Christian song towards the end of the trailer "God's not dead" made my skin crawl. This looks like the 700 club is now making movies.

Kevin Hercules is a devout Christian, sure he wanted to spearhead that project.

To not understand why so many people hate organized religion such as Christianity shows a real lack of historical knowledge on your own faith. You can't just wipe away almost 2,000 years of blood spilled in the name of Jesus Christ who is according to scripture a sacrificial lamb. What God would need that much blood spilled to prove themselves?

The bible was not written from the heavens, it was written by man, much of it well after Jesus walked the Earth and in a time when a large number of folks could barely read and write. And then the real kicker is when you speak to the modern evangelicals about their bible and specifically the Old Testament which is filled with lots of abominations, they tell you they don't follow the OT, just the New Testament. Very convenient.

Ministry of Pain said:
The Christian song towards the end of the trailer "God's not dead" made my skin crawl. This looks like the 700 club is now making movies.

That song has been popular on Christian radio for a long time now and is part of the modern contemporary Christian music scene. Not sure, but I think the 700 club might be too conservative to be supportive of that type of Christian music. The younger crowd loves it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

A person that would passively aggressively toss garbage on his neighbors lawn for having Christmas lights out for too long is a petty person? Wow no way.

Anyone seen this yet?

I'm taking my kid to the movies this weekend and it's either this or the new Muppet movie - all input appreciated.

Saw the movie, it is very sweet and touching, and it isn't hating / stereotyping atheists at all

"And Jesus said unto the masses who did not agree with him: You are fools, you are dumb, and you have silly little empty heads."
I reply to people with the same politeness they give to me, not my fault they are rude little you know what
A true follower of the Golden Rule, I see.
you are saying it isn't christian of me to be rude to people even if they are rude to me first, but I never claimed to be a perfect Christian, so your point is rather pointless. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with that
:lmao:

think my wife is going to see this tonight. :mellow:

true story...
That really made me smile, I hope you don't give her too much crap if she likes it just because you hate me
1) I don't care that she goes, doesn't hurt me as long as she doesn't give me crap about not going. (forcing religion down my throat)

2) I come from a religious family. My dad was a preacher later in life. I don't hate people (including you) because of their religion. I don't hate religion in and of itself. If there's any hate at all it's what people hide behind in the name of religion.

3) Everyone is free to form their own opinion. She's free to form her's and I mine.

A person that would passively aggressively toss garbage on his neighbors lawn for having Christmas lights out for too long is a petty person? Wow no way.
That's a lot more openly aggressive than passive IMO.

its passive because you didn't do it with the neighbor watching.

So kids who egg houses and tp trees on Halloween are passive aggressive? Learning more about you with each post.

So kids who egg houses and tp trees on Halloween are passive aggressive? Learning more about you with each post.
Nah, they are doing pranks. were you doing a prank, or were you responding to someones actions you didn't like without direct confrontation to that person

I think the word he's looking for is chicken-####.

That article is ruthless in it's criticism, pretty funny (and unsurprising) stuff. Won't matter one bit to it's audience (and people like the OP).
yeah people that form their own opinions and don't care what some article says
Irony this rich is exactly why I'm 95% sure this poster is 100% schtick.
Yeah I pretty much agree. If you've read any of his other posts recently, he's trying too hard, going for the jim11/RBM/Max Threshold vibe. Really shouldn't have bothered posting in this to be honest.
It's what EVERYONE should strive for here. :thumbup:

It's certainly a 1000x better than the TGunz/Todd Andrews/Gandalf the Grey vibe
Never seen this freak Gandalf til recently but this guy is making a strong push for biggest nutbag on here. Just a pathetic soul.

That article is ruthless in it's criticism, pretty funny (and unsurprising) stuff. Won't matter one bit to it's audience (and people like the OP).
yeah people that form their own opinions and don't care what some article says
Irony this rich is exactly why I'm 95% sure this poster is 100% schtick.
Yeah I pretty much agree. If you've read any of his other posts recently, he's trying too hard, going for the jim11/RBM/Max Threshold vibe. Really shouldn't have bothered posting in this to be honest.
It's what EVERYONE should strive for here. :thumbup:

It's certainly a 1000x better than the TGunz/Todd Andrews/Gandalf the Grey vibe
Never seen this freak Gandalf til recently but this guy is making a strong push for biggest nutbag on here. Just a pathetic soul.
Hi RBM. Keep me updated please.

Users who are viewing this thread