What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THIS YEAR SOD-REDRAFT (1 Viewer)

Billy Ball Thorton

Footballguy
KURT WARNER

My arguement for this is new oline coach =better protection new RB= better protection. = healthy Kurt Warner

Boldin, fitz, and looks like AZ Hakim= Best WR trio

Older but still can make all the throws.

Now plays indoors

Barring injury, which is impoosible to predict he will be easy top 3 fantasy QB. He is in the PERFECT situation.

KURT WARNER

My arguement for this is new oline coach =better protection new RB= better protection. = healthy Kurt Warner

Now plays indoors

Barring injury, which is impoosible to predict he will be easy top 3 fantasy QB. He is in the PERFECT situation.
Won't the SOD have to play more than 5 games?

KURT WARNER

Now plays indoors

:lmao: :lmao:

KURT WARNER

Now plays indoors

Nice reply. Glad you have insight on Warner health for this comming seasonDid you ask you magic 8 ball on this or is fridayfrenzy just and alias for Nostradamus?

Warner should be a decent option when he plays. However . . .

- He's played in 29 of the last 64 games (missing 35).

- His TD to INT ratio in that time has been 21 TD to 26 INT

- He struggled to get a TD per game in Arizona

- He's had 44 fumbles in the past 5 years

- He's fumbled or thrown an interception 91 times in his past 45 games or basically twice per game.

- The Cardinals can only pass LESS this year after leading the league with 670 passing attempts in 2005 and Edge coming to town.

- With all those passing attempts, Arizona could only muster 21 passing TD.

- He could be benched should the Cardinals draft a QB and fall out of contention.

- And I'm personally not buying into the OL be dramatically better.

KURT WARNER

Now plays indoors

Nice reply. Glad you have insight on Warner health for this comming seasonDid you ask you magic 8 ball on this or is fridayfrenzy just and alias for Nostradamus?
Well seeing that his head is about as stable as a jello, the prediction is not far off.Do you have some insight on Warner's health to indicate he somehow miraculously overcame his head problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
The coach cant block. The NFL is a physical game and a line's ability to control the line of scrimmage isnt based primarly on coaching. Arizona's line is still ugly. Luckily for Warner, they do pass block better than they run block.

The coach cant block. The NFL is a physical game and a line's ability to control the line of scrimmage isnt based primarly on coaching. Arizona's line is still ugly. Luckily for Warner, they do pass block better than they run block.
He may not block but teching technique and scheme, he does. This is a HUGE part of the O-line. Arizona had a rookie coaching the oline last year, not too mention it had lots of injuries.As far as Yudkin stats, they are accurate and this is why I said SOD. I think he will put a whole season together based on better play by the oline and a real running threat.

Teams last year pinned thier ears back almost every play and had very little worry about the run. Not this year Kurt will have more time to throw and Edge is superior blocker to waht they had as well.

Just trying to show the writing on the wall.

Are we working under the presumption that Kurt Warner won't generally be viewed as a top 10 FF QB this year when healthy?

He may not block but teching technique and scheme, he does. This is a HUGE part of the O-line. Arizona had a rookie coaching the oline last year, not too mention it had lots of injuries.As far as Yudkin stats, they are accurate and this is why I said SOD. I think he will put a whole season together based on better play by the oline and a real running threat.

Teams last year pinned thier ears back almost every play and had very little worry about the run. Not this year Kurt will have more time to throw and Edge is superior blocker to waht they had as well.

Just trying to show the writing on the wall.
As I mentioned earlier, he is a decent option when he's in the lineup. But there is the risk he gets hurt, could hurt you in a league that penalizes for turnovers, and has yet to show the ability to throw many TDs playing in Arizona.However, he did rank 13th last year in PPG in a standard scoring league, and he was 0.6 PPG from ranked as the #9 QB. He certainly will have to throw more TD passes to rank much higher than that, as he averaged a ton of passing yards last year and it's unlikely he can do much more than that.

He'll probably have to throw fewer passes as the team will invariably run more, so it remains to be seen if he can eke out some more TD.

He should be a Top 10 QB when he's in the lineup (but a far ways away from the top guys). To give you an idea how closely packed the QB ranked last year, the difference between the #9 QB in PPG and the # 16 QB was less than a PPG. Bottom line, Warner is a decent value if you get him late, but the risk of him missing a chunk of the season due to injury or benching does make him a slight risk if you are relying on him as a QB1. You definitely need another full time QB on your roster to have another option if (when) needed.

People refer to Kurt like hes Mr Glass. I see no reason to worry about him losing the starting Job Unless he hurt. Even if they draft a rookie day1. Kurt got a very decent contract, not one usually given to backups.

This will be his 2nd year with the recievers so I expect his td's to go up; with the addition of Az Hakim this will be a reciever he has had success with. Other than Manning who are the top guys??

Mcnabb? Injured last year- Who will he throw too

Culpepper? Injured

Palmer? Injured

Brady? Who does he have to trow too?

Bulger? Injured last couple years

Besides Manning who is heads and shoulders in a better situation??

- He's fumbled or thrown an interception 91 times in his past 45 games or basically twice per game.

- The Cardinals can only pass LESS this year after leading the league with 670 passing attempts in 2005 and Edge coming to town.

- He could be benched should the Cardinals draft a QB and fall out of contention.

Since he left the Rams:20 games, 4700 yards, 63% passing, 7.3 YPA, 17 TD's, 13 INT's.

Also, it's much easier to pass when you have a legitimate running game.

I honestly don't know what purpose it serves to include his horrible 2002 season when his thumb was injured.

Besides Manning who is heads and shoulders in a better situation??
Manning.I'm liking the prospects of Brooks & Brees also. Hasselbeck returns to a stable situation as does Delhomme. I agree with you that there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the top QBs this year, but I don't see Warner EASILY as a top 3.

Since he left the Rams:20 games, 4700 yards, 63% passing, 7.3 YPA, 17 TD's, 13 INT's.
20 games, 13 interceptions, 21 fumbles. Still put the ball up for grabs 44 times in 20 games.And I'm not saying Warner is a terrible option, but I don't think he will be as cheap as some people are suggesting.I pimped Warner long and hard last year and scooped him up in as many leagues that I could get him in when he was DIRT cheap (like in the QB 25-30 range). IIRC, he was on all my value lists last offseason.He just went as the #15 QB in a draft I was in recently. I believe he will creep up to the 10-12 range on draft day for many leagues the closer we get to the season, which IMO is not a tremendous value unless you truly believe he will play the huge majority of the season.

Since he left the Rams:

20 games, 4700 yards, 63% passing, 7.3 YPA, 17 TD's, 13 INT's.

Also, it's much easier to pass when you have a legitimate running game.

I honestly don't know what purpose it serves to include his horrible 2002 season when his thumb was injured.
You have two competing forces here, and usually the forces against the QB win.Against the QB:

Vast improvement of running game = less passing opportunities.

For the QB:

Improvement of the running game = increased efficiency.

Usually what you'd see is a guy passes less, and his efficiency stats like TD: INT ratio and YPA will go up.

So how much passing attempts will he lose and how much improved will his efficiency be?

Arizona was #1 in pass attempts in #32 in rush attempts.

Let's say, for instance, the addition of Edge costs Arizona 100 passing attempts, putting them at 570 (which is still top 3-5 any given year), which puts him right in line with DG's old Minnesota teams.

IF Kurt Warner stays healthy all year, you can say he gets 98% of the passing attempts, which puts him at 559 attempts.

559 attempts * 8.0 YPA = 4472 passing yards = 178 FP. In order for him to rank 3rd in 2005, he'd need another 116 FP or 29 TDs in a 4pt TD league and ZERO interceptions.

Assuming he only threw 10 INTs (3:1 ratio), that would drop him down to 5th last year. In Warner's best years with the Rams, he only exceeded a 2:1 ratio once. If Warner throws 30 TDs in 2006, he's throwing 20 INTs at least, which would drop him to 15th last year.

Of course, if you really think Warner's YPA will go back to his Rams level of 8.8+ and will throw for 4900ish yards he'd ONLY need 25 TDs with no INTs to crack top 3.

And I'm not saying Warner is a terrible option, but I don't think he will be as cheap as some people are suggesting.
hell, i tried to draft him last year but he went way too early.

Are you people forgetting he put up awesome numbers last year.

Sure it was because of the lack of a running game, but it shows hes still got the ABILITY.

They won't all of a sudden stop passing now that they have James. And James is still a great pass catcher.

If their O Line IS as bad as it was last year, it will mean James won't get a ton of carries.

And don't forget about Bryant Johnson. Good sleeper if healthy.

I haven't heard anything about Az Hakim. link?

Sure it was because of the lack of a running game, but it shows hes still got the ABILITY.

They won't all of a sudden stop passing now that they have James. And James is still a great pass catcher.

If their O Line IS as bad as it was last year, it will mean James won't get a ton of carries.

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports Az-Zahir Hakim is expected to sign with the Cardinals later this week.

KURT WARNER

Now plays indoors

:goodposting: Warner may have the best PPG of any QB in 2006 but that will only be over 5 games played.

Oh, beat the drum slowly and play the fife lowly,

Play the dead march as you carry me along;

Take me to FBG, there lay the SOD o'er me,

For I drafted Warner and I know I've done wrong.

(Just having fun; I've got him on a couple of dynasty teams myself, getting him free off waivers last year)

Are you forgetting this:
| 2002 ram | 7 | | 2003 ram | 2 | | 2004 nyg | 10 | | 2005 ari | 10 |Warner has averaged playing half a season over the past 4 years.Drafting him any higher than the 9th round is foolish just because you have to take another QB relatively high (10th/11th round) to handcuff him with.

If I could grab him in the 9th and take another QB in the 10th, I would consider that since on a PPG basis he will outperform that draft slot. But drafting him in the 6th, 7th, or 8th is insane.

Denny Green suiting up would actually be an upgrade for that pathetic OL.

Are we working under the presumption that Kurt Warner won't generally be viewed as a top 10 FF QB this year when healthy?
I sure hope so.Even if he's healthy I think you're lucky to get 20TDs out of him this year.

I remember posting (I think it was here) a diagram of all of the breaks he's had on his throwing hand, and why he can't hold onto the ball or throw anything more than a dead pigeon.

Sure we can all look back and go "remember when he was playing for the Rams and he didn't suck, before he had all those injuries to his throwing hand?"

Why would we want to deceive ourselves?

I guarantee you that they didn't grab a pair of 350lb Guards to do a lot of pass-blocking.

OUCH!! :shock: Don't you hate it when one lovely little theory gets mauled by a gang of ugly facts.

Users who are viewing this thread