What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Howard Killed in car crash (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
KRON Bay Area 4 reports former Bengals and Raiders LB Thomas Howard was killed Monday in a high-speed car accident on an Oakland highway.

Howard was allegedly driving over 100 MPH when he lost control of his BMW sedan and collided with a semi-trick in the left lane. Howard's BMW later struck a Chevy Monte Carlo and Honda CRV. The driver of the Honda was also killed, while the Monte Carlo owner was hospitalized. The accident is believed to have occurred at roughly 12:50AM Monday. Howard was a second-round pick by Al Davis' Raiders in 2006. He was a starter for five years in the NFL.

sorry if honda

It's irresponsible enough to cause someone's death by driving recklessly but I hope alcohol wasn't involved.

One thing to be stupid and take your own life but to take someone else with you is murder IMO. Nothing to take from him as his dumb ### is dead but I'm sure he's nice and warm where he's at now.

RIP to the innocent Honda driver!

Yeah seriously, this idiot killed an innocent bystander for his negligence.

The family of the driver of the Honda should get everything this idiot owns.

Can we not be a little more compassionate toward the driver as well ? Granted what he did was not a smart thing,

but think back many years when you were younger, did you ever drive fast ? I can bet 90% of males have driven well in excess of the speed limit.. Saying at least 90mph. I know I have.

So the only thing different between he and you is he lost control and hit someone and you didn't. Does it make what you and I did right ? No it doesn't, you are just as "stupid" and "idiotic". You and I just got lucky and

kept our vehicles safely on the road and brought no harm to anyone, but we easily could have been.

If drugs/alcahol were involved then yea no excuse.

Lets just relax a little.

Now go ahead and flame away at me if you wish.

Can we not be a little more compassionate toward the driver as well ? Granted what he did was not a smart thing,

but think back many years when you were younger, did you ever drive fast ? I can bet 90% of males have driven well in excess of the speed limit.. Saying at least 90mph. I know I have.

So the only thing different between he and you is he lost control and hit someone and you didn't. Does it make what you and I did right ? No it doesn't, you are just as "stupid" and "idiotic". You and I just got lucky and

kept our vehicles safely on the road and brought no harm to anyone, but we easily could have been.

Nope. Never tried it.

People that speed are selfish, reckless people. It doesn't just show up on the roadway. The difference between me and him is I have something called sense. If you want to see how fast your gremlin can go, take it to the outskirts of town. Anyone who speeds 80+ on a damn freeway is a damn animal and they are NOT AT ALL like me in any way. The difference is the scoreline of a Saints/Jags game.

Nope. Never tried it.

People that speed are selfish, reckless people. It doesn't just show up on the roadway. The difference between me and him is I have something called sense. If you want to see how fast your gremlin can go, take it to the outskirts of town. Anyone who speeds 80+ on a damn freeway is a damn animal and they are NOT AT ALL like me in any way. The difference is the scoreline of a Saints/Jags game.
Sorry, but when i do 80mph on the PA Turnpike, i get passed by most cars. 80mph isn't "reckless". 100mph is. Like someone above said, if alcohol was involved then no excuse. If no alcohol involved, it was a stupid mistake that cost him and an innocent bystander their lives. Tragic ending either way.

You can speed all you want, lose control and kill yourself if you choose. But if there are cars around you and you drive reckless, I have no sympathy for the idiot.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to this issue since I almost got rear-ended by a reckless driver going probably 90 to 100 mph couple weeks ago.

Nope. Never tried it.

Ok grandma. People drive 80+ during morning and evening commutes. 100 at 12:50am is nothing especially in a beamer. Should have been well in control. Alcohol had to be involved. Keepe to the right and you won't encounter these "animals" n your life.

No, I haven't gone into the 90's with my vehicle...even when I was in my late teens and this guy was 30. Sorry, I guess I wasn't that immature back then or now.

No, I haven't gone into the 90's with my vehicle...even when I was in my late teens and this guy was 30. Sorry, I guess I wasn't that immature back then or now.
When I was young I went 128 mph on a Motorcycle with someone on the back, in a misty rain, at night. Now that was stupid. Young people do dumb things. I wouldn't dream of going that fast now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sucks to be you.

Sucks to be you.
I can honestly say I have never broken 100 in my car, ofcourse I never owned a BMW or any other type of luxury car but the speed limit is set so at a determined safe speed to prevent accidents and its irresponsible to go that fast. When you do so your putting yourself and others at risk... just because you've done it and nothing bad happened doesn't mean its ok, it only takes one fraction of a second to cause an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread