What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on different RBBC situations (1 Viewer)

bigmiiiiike

Footballguy
OK, so i've been struggling to set my projections for the following RBBCs:

Taylor/Jones-Drew

Jones/Barber III

Deuce/Bush

Everyone seems to be wanting to jump all over the guys on the right. Relative to their ADP, I think that only Jones-Drew and Barber will be the better value plays.

Here's why I like Jones-Drew: 1) He's likely to see his percentage of the touches increase compared to last season, and 2) He gets the goal line carries. Notice in #1 I said percentage of touches. It's so hard to predict YPC and YPR, but one trend that should be easier to spot is that he'll get more touches relative to Taylor than he did last season. I know MJD had a YPC that was through the roof, and that is likely to come down, but i think when you consider the increase in touches, and the fact that he gets the goal line touches, that he'll be a pretty safe 2nd round pick.

I like Marion Barber III for the same reasons. Goal line carries, and I think an increase in touches relative to last season as well. Not to mention, Wade Philips has no relationship with either of these guys so he's likely to be unbiased and play the best player. Anyone who watched Dallas games the past season knows that Barber is the better runner. What makes Barber great is that he can be had in the late 3rd, early 4th round.

I'm skeptical to project either of these two guys to clear their TD totals from last season, but i think if you're looking for a relatively safe play that offers great value, I like these guys.

Here's why I don't like Bush: 1) Deuce was a first rounder in the NFL Draft himself, 2) Deuce gets the goal line carries, and 3) Deuce doesnt look like he's slowing down one bit.

Granted, Bush will improve on his YPC and YPR. Bush is electrifying when he touches the ball. But, the Saints aren't just going to bench a young, strong, healthy Deuce and give Bush 350 touches, which is what he'll need to justify his draft position. If Bush got the goal line carries, I'd love him, but he doesnt. He'll have to score from outside the 10 (which he no doubt has the ability to do, but not enough to get 12-15 scores, which is what he'll have to do to be a good value pick). I see Deuce as the far better value based on ADP among these two guys.

Thoughts?

It's an absolute joke IMO that Bush is valued so much more than MJD right now. So, I pretty much agree with your break down.

Deuce/BushHere's why I don't like Bush: 1) Deuce was a first rounder in the NFL Draft himself, 2) Deuce gets the goal line carries, and 3) Deuce doesnt look like he's slowing down one bit.Thoughts?
I say there's a good chance McAllister is gone in 2008, with Antonio Pittman taking over his role.

I say there's a good chance McAllister is gone in 2008, with Antonio Pittman taking over his role carrying Bush's water to him during timeouts.
fixed!
Bush will NEVER be an every down back. He's from the Terry Metcalf mold. If McAllister is traded in 2008, Pittman will get plenty of carries. He's a very talented RB in his own right. He didn't do it at USC and he won't do it in the NFL. Bush is great back when utilized to his strengths, and that is catching the ball and carrying it to the corners on occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread