What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on the Packers not allowing IR players in team photo (1 Viewer)

ArcticEdge said:
sho nuff said:
I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.

Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.

Bad move on GB's part.
Classless organization. :thumbdown:
Embarrassing to think the team I support treats players this way.
Embarrassing? What NFL team has more class than the Packers? Its easy to get sucked in to crap stories like this, just ask Mike Florio. Meanwhile, the Steelers are getting down to business while the Packers worry about getting their picture taken...
Sadly...the Packers have taken on the personality of their GM. Remember when it was the Wolf/Holmgren show? They saw to it that every member of the organization (even the secretary) received a SB ring. Granted...a team picture and SB Rings are two different stories...but it lends credence to the thought that the Packers are no longer the first class organization that they were for decades.
Dont kid yourself Bob Harlan is the one that took care of everyone when he not the team, not Wolf. This will also be Murphy's call when the time comes and he might have to get approval from the executive board with his plans.

Hilarous what a big deal some of you are making over these pictures.

Schlereth was on Mike and Mike and can't even remember where his Super Bowl pictures are.

To claim its something about class or anything else is funny.

As for Wolf...yes...first class guy. Holmgren...to an extent...but ask Packer fans about his departure and see what happens.

As for the Packers worrying about a picture while the Steelers are getting down to business? Do you think anyone on the coaching staff or active roster were bothered enough by this for it to affect their prep?

Missing two days of rehab at this point of the season is a lame excuse and insults the intelligence of those players and the fans.
For some...perhaps. For others, I think they need that rehab and the doctors and personnel guys need the information as they will have decisions coming up.And I agree...for the most part its lame. But it was more the talk that these guys could just train with everyone else in Dallas. Its one thing if its 2 or 3 guys. They have 16 on IR.It was a dumb thing...I have said as much...its over now and time to just focus on the game.

perfect from McCarthy - love this guy:

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said that he was not pleased that TE Jermichael Finley and LB Nick Barnett expressed their displeasure with not being included in the original plans for a team photo on Twitter and that creating a schedule in the best interest of those at the Super Bowl was his priority.However, after a meeting with team captains, McCarthy said that he decided to change the schedule and have the photo taken on the Friday before the Super Bowl and not the customary Tuesday.McCarthy called it a "poor decision" by Finley and Barnett to go public with their complaints and didn't apologize for the original scheduling. He said he heard about the complaints, but didn't pay much attention to them "because of the individuals involved."He said that some of the decisions that are going to be made with scheduling for the Super Bowl are not going to be popular and will hurt people's feelings.He said the team's schedule for next week was handed out yesterday and the photo will be taken Friday. He said that he felt it was important to have a structured routine in place so that there are no gray areas about where they're supposed to be.
Barnett and Finley need to understand its not about them right now and its not about a freakin picture.

Bump Finley...into the doghouse!!
Not as much...I think Barnett may have twittered his way out of Green Bay after this year though.
I think Bishop took care of that for him.
True...and I don't think this one incident would have been it for him. I just find McCarthy's words about "the players involved" to be more pointed at Barnett for some reason.I think they may have thought about keeping him...because depth is never bad and maybe even see if he could play outside.But not so sure now.

I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.Bad move on GB's part.
Classless organization. :football:
Embarrassing to think the team I support treats players this way.
Embarrassing? What NFL team has more class than the Packers? Its easy to get sucked in to crap stories like this, just ask Mike Florio. Meanwhile, the Steelers are getting down to business while the Packers worry about getting their picture taken...
Yep, a crap story that was started in house by not letting players that contributed to where our team is to be in a simple photo.

Some respect, please

A brouhaha developed in Green Bay this week when several players on injured reserve complained that the Packers were not taking them to the Super Bowl until Thursday and that they would not be included in the official team photo.

The Packers changed their plans. They will wait until their 15 players on injured reserve arrive in Dallas and will snap the photo Friday and include them.

That never has been a problem for the Steelers. Not only have they always included their players on injured reserve in the Super Bowl photo, those players are treated the same as all others. They fly on the team charter, which will leave Monday, and have the same accommodations. That is how it always has been.

"Of course," said offensive tackle Willie Colon, placed on injured reserve after his Achilles was ruptured in June. "That's how I think the other guys [in Green Bay] should be treated and not separated like that. A guy on IR, it's not his doing."

Offensive tackle Max Starks, placed on injured reserve Nov. 10 with a neck injury that required surgery, said what the Packers did "stinks."

"It's in the eyes of the organization. They've been doing this for a long time as well. If that's the way [the Packers] feel, that's the way they feel. I'm glad I'm in this organization and there's that respect.

"In this league every owner is different, and that's what makes some places more special than others, and that's why this is a special place because they include everybody. They realize everybody has put their hand in the pile at some point."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11027/11209...m#ixzz1CGofLyLz

Flying out 2 days earlier is a sign of respect now?

You are football players, quit being nancy's and whining...and realize the current team has a job to do so your injurred butt can have a ring.

BTW, I agree they should be in the picture and all as they did help get them there...but the incessant whining by some on here (and in print) is even worse than the things Barnett and Finley were saying.

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said that he was not pleased that TE Jermichael Finley and LB Nick Barnett expressed their displeasure with not being included in the original plans for a team photo on Twitter and that creating a schedule in the best interest of those at the Super Bowl was his priority.

However, after a meeting with team captains, McCarthy said that he decided to change the schedule and have the photo taken on the Friday before the Super Bowl and not the customary Tuesday.

McCarthy called it a "poor decision" by Finley and Barnett to go public with their complaints and didn't apologize for the original scheduling. He said he heard about the complaints, but didn't pay much attention to them "because of the individuals involved."

He said that some of the decisions that are going to be made with scheduling for the Super Bowl are not going to be popular and will hurt people's feelings.

He said the team's schedule for next week was handed out yesterday and the photo will be taken Friday. He said that he felt it was important to have a structured routine in place so that there are no gray areas about where they're supposed to be.
Barnett and Finley need to understand its not about them right now and its not about a freakin picture.
The poor decision was to not get them in the photo to start with. #####ing about people #####ing about that decision is :unsure: Getting them in the picture now is admission you were wrong. To refuse not even acknowledge that is just your wounded pride.

Some respect, please

A brouhaha developed in Green Bay this week when several players on injured reserve complained that the Packers were not taking them to the Super Bowl until Thursday and that they would not be included in the official team photo.

The Packers changed their plans. They will wait until their 15 players on injured reserve arrive in Dallas and will snap the photo Friday and include them.

That never has been a problem for the Steelers. Not only have they always included their players on injured reserve in the Super Bowl photo, those players are treated the same as all others. They fly on the team charter, which will leave Monday, and have the same accommodations. That is how it always has been.

"Of course," said offensive tackle Willie Colon, placed on injured reserve after his Achilles was ruptured in June. "That's how I think the other guys [in Green Bay] should be treated and not separated like that. A guy on IR, it's not his doing."

Offensive tackle Max Starks, placed on injured reserve Nov. 10 with a neck injury that required surgery, said what the Packers did "stinks."

"It's in the eyes of the organization. They've been doing this for a long time as well. If that's the way [the Packers] feel, that's the way they feel. I'm glad I'm in this organization and there's that respect.

"In this league every owner is different, and that's what makes some places more special than others, and that's why this is a special place because they include everybody. They realize everybody has put their hand in the pile at some point."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11027/11209...m#ixzz1CGofLyLz
You should start a thread about how respectful the Steelers are. Let's hope the team photographers are drunk college chicks.

Hilarous what a big deal some of you are making over these pictures.Schlereth was on Mike and Mike and can't even remember where his Super Bowl pictures are.To claim its something about class or anything else is funny. As for Wolf...yes...first class guy. Holmgren...to an extent...but ask Packer fans about his departure and see what happens.As for the Packers worrying about a picture while the Steelers are getting down to business? Do you think anyone on the coaching staff or active roster were bothered enough by this for it to affect their prep?
No, I certainly hope this wouldn't impact the players and coaches focus. I was making the point that this is a ridiculous issue to be dealing with at this time.

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said that he was not pleased that TE Jermichael Finley and LB Nick Barnett expressed their displeasure with not being included in the original plans for a team photo on Twitter and that creating a schedule in the best interest of those at the Super Bowl was his priority.

However, after a meeting with team captains, McCarthy said that he decided to change the schedule and have the photo taken on the Friday before the Super Bowl and not the customary Tuesday.

McCarthy called it a "poor decision" by Finley and Barnett to go public with their complaints and didn't apologize for the original scheduling. He said he heard about the complaints, but didn't pay much attention to them "because of the individuals involved."

He said that some of the decisions that are going to be made with scheduling for the Super Bowl are not going to be popular and will hurt people's feelings.

He said the team's schedule for next week was handed out yesterday and the photo will be taken Friday. He said that he felt it was important to have a structured routine in place so that there are no gray areas about where they're supposed to be.
The poor decision was to not get them in the photo to start with. #####ing about people #####ing about that decision is :hot: Getting them in the picture now is admission you were wrong. To refuse not even acknowledge that is just your wounded pride.
I think the part he his upset with is the fact that they chose to do so publicly. He has an open door policy and it should have been taken care of that way.

Users who are viewing this thread