What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

I think it's funny everyone is going nuts over the fact that Tiger can chip like every other Tour player now. :lol: Is that really the bar we've set for him?

Par's not getting it done today though. Lot of guys well under -- maybe even the average round. Gonna need to go 2-3 under over the last eight to matter at all on the weekend.
:confused: sitting at even today would be a good score
Nope -- way too many guys ahead of him.
Come on.
Well, ok. Anything's possible.

But I'd be willing to bet he's never won from 8 back with 40 guys between him and the lead. In any tournament -- not just majors.

Par's not getting it done today though. Lot of guys well under -- maybe even the average round. Gonna need to go 2-3 under over the last eight to matter at all on the weekend.
Come on.

But I'd be willing to bet he's never won from 8 back with 40 guys between him and the lead. In any tournament -- not just majors.
he shot 40 on the front 9 in '97. I dont think he's winning anything but it's only thursday at the masters.

Come on.

he shot 40 on the front 9 in '97. I dont think he's winning anything but it's only thursday at the masters.
Shot like 30 or 31 on the back though. That's what I was saying -- can't finish at E or +1. Especially today when the field is going pretty low.

I think it's funny everyone is going nuts over the fact that Tiger can chip like every other Tour player now. :lol: Is that really the bar we've set for him?
have you seen some of the other chips or pitches on 11 so far today?
No. But that has nothing to do with my point. People are going ape#### because he's not chipping the ball over the green anymore. That's sad.
Okay...make sure to keep track of everything and keep us posted.

No. But that has nothing to do with my point. People are going ape#### because he's not chipping the ball over the green anymore. That's sad.
:lol:

Your manlove of Tiger is hilarious.

He's not even in the same area code. He's doing a great job of scrambling today but he is clearly a non-factor. Will struggle to make the cut.

Really? I don't think I've been particularly overboard about him in here. I like Tiger and would like to see him do well. It would be great for the game of golf. I'm sorry if that's considered manlove.

Really? I don't think I've been particularly overboard about him in here. I like Tiger and would like to see him do well. It would be great for the game of golf. I'm sorry if that's considered manlove.
But did you see that chip???

Yea...did you see Jason Day's chip from an easier location? He didn't have to go over the bunker and didn't get up and down. :shrug:

Yea...did you see Jason Day's chip from an easier location? He didn't have to go over the bunker and didn't get up and down. :shrug:
You're missing the point. All I said was that people were going nuts because he no longer has the yips. The cat is still +1 while others are throwing up crazy scores. Are we really so caught up here that we can't see that? He's 9 shots off the lead and people are talking about how he's back. Seems ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoonation said:
gave it everything he had today and will likely be 9 back. he can;t hang with the top talent anymore. he squeezed everything out of this round and got lapped by the best in the game.
Two holes to go but all in all I think it was a positive day for him. He held it together in his first round in awhile and at a major no less. His short game looked miles better than it did just a few months ago. He looks healthy too. So much pressure on him today.

zoonation said:
gave it everything he had today and will likely be 9 back. he can;t hang with the top talent anymore. he squeezed everything out of this round and got lapped by the best in the game.
Two holes to go but all in all I think it was a positive day for him. He held it together in his first round in awhile and at a major no less. His short game looked miles better than it did just a few months ago. He looks healthy too. So much pressure on him today.
Glutes are definitely firing on all cylinders right now. Fantastic round This is about as good as you will see out of Tiger.

+1 isn't exactly out of it. We'll see if Speith can keep it up. He's 6 off the pack, and clearly has made massive strides in all areas of the game since we saw him last. Green shoots baby.

He's gonna say he's not content with 73 but I think inside he's relieved with that score and how he played. He hit some nice shots today. Made a couple of nice saves. Pounded a few drives too.

+1 isn't exactly out of it. We'll see if Speith can keep it up. He's 6 off the pack, and clearly has made massive strides in all areas of the game since we saw him last. Green shoots baby.
If he stays within 9, he will make the cut. :thumbup:

WTH is Green and why did he shoot a baby?

Users who are viewing this thread