What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TIMMMAAAAAYYYSSS Train (1 Viewer)

Beanie looked roughly 6000 times better than Hightower running the ball, and the drive that they left Beanie in was the only time the Cardinals offense put together a decent drive all day long.

Beanie looked roughly 6000 times better than Hightower running the ball, and the drive that they left Beanie in was the only time the Cardinals offense put together a decent drive all day long.
:goodposting: Hightower is a good 3rd down back and backup RB, but Wells needs to start for this team.

:goodposting: Hightower is a good 3rd down back and backup RB, but Wells needs to start for this team.
I agree with this. But my big concern is the amount of time Warner works out of the shotgun. Really limits Wells' upside in the short term. Long term, Wells looks like a stud.

If anyone is dumb enough to believe Hightower is going to be this PPR sensation, wait until Week 7 when hes benched

LMFAO Keep your Bean Colored Glasses on....Timmayy just got me 20 plus and has looked great all preseason. Beaner runs 5 times in the 3rd quarter against a tired D and you guys thought it looked good. :goodposting:

In case you farts didn't notice this is the TIMMMAAAY Train, not the Beanie might be good if he stays healthy and can ever catch, block or Start thread.

I thought someone was getting the early jump on the inevitable Tebow train thread next off-season

Fluke game made possible because the Niners took away Boldin and Fitz, leaving the RB open in the flat constantly.

He's still a below average RB. Stay away.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOOT WHOOT the train is leaving the station. 25 Points for Timmaaaayyy...2 large Points for Beaner. :( :thumbup: :excited:

I have neither and no bias but this was a strange game. Warner didnt have Breaston or a heathy Boldin so it seems the check down was a game plan. ( he got alot of Boldins short throws that boldin makes into long runs) I doubt he ever does this again. I still think Hightower will get 4-5 catches a game and is a nice #3 but this isnt the norm. Beanie was twice the runner ( Hightower was twice the reciever).

Fluky game last week, yes. But what does this guy get in PPR going forward? Is he gonna see 5 to 6 targets in the passing game? If so, there is value.

Is this the train that can only move about 2 yards at a time on the ground?
:lmao: As a Bear fan, I don't agree much with what sho nuff posts - but I'm on board with this one.Does he have value? Sure, but define value. Even if we use demangeinc's fair estimate of 4.5 catches per game - using his 7 yards per reception average from last year, that'd pencil out to about 31 yards per game receiving. Even is we maintain his "high" number of carries (8) at his usual 2 YPC average (i.e. assuming we don't actually reduce it to get Wells more work over time) - that comes out to about 45-50 all purpouse yards a game...oh plus 3.5 points per reception. Even if we bump his catches up to 6/game @ 7 yards per, that's 42 receiving yards per game. So if you're excited about 8-12 fantasy points per game in PPR (more like 5-6 in nonPPR), plus the occasional TD (of which Hightower had 0 of receiving last year) have at it.This reminds me of a week 1 Tennessee game back in 2007 when Chris Brown had 175 rushing yards at 9.2 YPC and everyone went crazy - then the outlier ended, and he wound up the season with 464 total rushing yards (never having having more than 46 yards in any game after week 1). Sorry, Hightower is a below-average NFL RB who had a good day Sunday and had a fair season last year, given the fact that his only competition was an aging and slowing veteran on the wrong side of 30 who averaged 2.7 YPC Sunday with his new team. If you started Hightower this past Sunday - kudos to you. If you didn't, you may have missed Hightower's high water mark for '09 - in other words, the train has already left the station.

In case you farts didn't notice this is the TIMMMAAAY Train, not the Beanie might be good if he stays healthy and can ever catch, block or Start thread.
I am sorry I was starting to get on the Timmay Train but then I realized that you are in fact not the real Dr. James Andrews and merely a Dr. James Andrews fan so what the hell do you know. You have lost all your board credibility.

actually, this is the positional player that had the most yardage on the team aside from the QB in Week 1.
Please see the Chris Brown example in post 18 above.
Try adding something of your own to this thread. TIAI do think Hightower has value but only in PPR. I'm curious as to who thinks he will be a huge part of the passing game going forward.

actually, this is the positional player that had the most yardage on the team aside from the QB in Week 1.
Try adding something of your own to this thread. TIA
Post 18's statistical break down using facts and actual numbers was too short?? :fishy:

Try adding something of your own to this thread. TIA
Post 18's statistical break down using facts and actual numbers was too short?? :thumbup:
You add nothing here. Leave.

Seems he added quite a bit. I liked the Brown breakdown.Maybe cool down a bit here chief.The point remains...Hightower so far has been a below average runner. He had a big game in the passing game one time.Hardly in need of any train...other than one that should be heading back to the station to let Beanie take over as main engineer.

Hey sparky, you asked if he had value in PPR - I did a statistical breakdown of what can be expected using his yards per recpetion last year, and what he can hope to see in terms of number of receptions given your (and others) posts about reasonable expectations. If you don't like what they pencil out to, that's fine - but there's no need to get toolish. :X Have a nice season guy.

Hey sparky, you asked if he had value in PPR - I did a statistical breakdown of what can be expected using his yards per recpetion last year, and what he can hope to see in terms of number of receptions given your (and others) posts about reasonable expectations. If you don't like what they pencil out to, that's fine - but there's no need to get toolish. :lmao: Have a nice season guy.
Sorry dude, I didnt know it was you that posted the breakdown. That was good work.

this train is derailed once everyone realizes Hightower can't run the ball.....and unless you think Boldin and Breaston are going to be out most of the year you can't think he is going to see that many touches in the passing game

Hey sparky, you asked if he had value in PPR - I did a statistical breakdown of what can be expected using his yards per recpetion last year, and what he can hope to see in terms of number of receptions given your (and others) posts about reasonable expectations. If you don't like what they pencil out to, that's fine - but there's no need to get toolish. :goodposting: Have a nice season guy.
Sorry dude, I didnt know it was you that posted the breakdown. That was good work.
No problem. I try.

this train is derailed once everyone realizes Hightower can't run the ball.....and unless you think Boldin and Breaston are going to be out most of the year you can't think he is going to see that many touches in the passing game
It's funny, sometimes I think that the starters of some of these threads own the player they seemed "hyped up" about - but realize what you are saying, and might be trying the old "pump and dump" day-trader trick. Maybe they hope alot of their leagumates read these boards, they build up a guy, then hope some other people will jump in agreeing, just so they can trade him for more value (NTTAWWT).

Beanie will be the real deal, Hightower won't be allowed within 10 feet to sniff his jock by the end of the season.

Is there really a Timmy Hightower pint sized age 4-7 train? CHOO CHOO :wall:

Beanie will be the real deal, Hightower won't be allowed within 10 feet to sniff his jock by the end of the season. Is there really a Timmy Hightower pint sized age 4-7 train? CHOO CHOO :wall:
I happen to agree. But Timmy on 3rd downs has value. I wish he would go away :D

Users who are viewing this thread