What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thanks For The DIscussion (1 Viewer)

Who has been saying this Joe?
occasionally there will be some comments in the FFA about how bad it is in here or how it’s not as good as it use to be (aka dead). Those comments have always felt like a “back in my day” type deal to me.
I haven’t wandered into the FFA in a very long time. To me, that area is prob 50-100 posters enjoying banter, but I don’t really see the need for that and there are others prob like me.

I think the Shark Pool has 2 primary uses. Use 1 which is more or less what I come for is the team threads. I live in FL, I’m from NY, and outside of my kids, nobody in any of my circles has any interest in the 49ers. The thread has the same 10-15 posters forever, we rarely agree on a lot of things, but I’m sure just like I do, they enjoy seeing countering views to the team within the fan base. There are other much larger forums, but to me, 10-15 opinions is all I really need to read from dedicated fans.

Use 2 is obviously the fantasy news and what a larger portion come here for. I think that’s where there is some good info, but I can see how some might find some content there unreadable. I find it useful, but that’s secondary for me on this forum, I’m prob in the minority on that.

About a decade or so ago (maybe longer), a couple of friends in my home league were looking to find some place to find good fantasy football info, which was not easy back then. So I sent out an email to everyone in the league titled "IYKYK" and inside was the following message...

For Outstanding Opinions, The Best Articles, Letters Laid Glaringly Under Your Snout. Context Obviously Matters

The responses to the email ranged from equally cryptic to bewildered. It was awesome! Someone finally figured it out and answered with the following response...

For Outstanding Opinions, The Best Articles, Letters Laid Glaringly Under Your Snout . Context Obviously Matters

I didn't mind them finding out about my "secret weapon", but I wanted them to at least work for it a little.

Now 10 out of 12 of us use either the new DD or DD Classic (me), which you might think leveled the playing field a little too much.

However, if you know the tendencies of your fellow league mates AND the list they are drafting from, that can be a pretty large advantage in and of itself. :shades:

That is awesome. Thank you.

Yes. Not everyone is aware of this though I guess.

I recall being impatient with @Phantom Knight about this some time back, and I am sorry about that.
Ha! I have absolutely no recollection of that, my friend! Tell me... should I be upset with you? :giggle:
No. I was just a bit short with you. No harm intended. I can be better than that though. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
Yes. Not everyone is aware of this though I guess.

I recall being impatient with @Phantom Knight about this some time back, and I am sorry about that.
Ha! I have absolutely no recollection of that, my friend! Tell me... should I be upset with you? :giggle:
No. I was just a bit short with you. No harm intended. I can be better than that though. Thanks for understanding.
Aw man, with all you do for the community here, including devoting time to answering lots of questions, being a bit short ain't nothing at all. My skin's a bit thicker than that. :)

I joined here around 2013 when I had just joined my first redraft league and had been a ‘fan’ of the lions around the late 80s despite not being able to watch them. 10 years later, 3 re draft leagues and 3 dynasty leagues later ( which I’ve now paired down to 1 and 2 ), and I still come back here to learn, get the hot takes and the in depth stats and very occasionally give an opinion that bears itself out to be true. There’s so much info here, but at the same I’ve learnt to trust my eye whilst utilising that data. It’s why I drafted Jefferson over Jeudy.

This forum is excellent, I loved when the FFG dynasty guys used Shark Pool trades on their podcast. There’s so much great info here always

PS I’m falling short of finding the correct words to truly express my thanks to all the opinions here. Too many dirty Martinis then went to the Queens Of Stone Age gig

I joined here around 2013 when I had just joined my first redraft league and had been a ‘fan’ of the lions around the late 80s despite not being able to watch them. 10 years later, 3 re draft leagues and 3 dynasty leagues later ( which I’ve now paired down to 1 and 2 ), and I still come back here to learn, get the hot takes and the in depth stats and very occasionally give an opinion that bears itself out to be true. There’s so much info here, but at the same I’ve learnt to trust my eye whilst utilising that data. It’s why I drafted Jefferson over Jeudy.

This forum is excellent, I loved when the FFG dynasty guys used Shark Pool trades on their podcast. There’s so much great info here always

PS I’m falling short of finding the correct words to truly express my thanks to all the opinions here. Too many dirty Martinis then went to the Queens Of Stone Age gig
I went to several Queens of the Stone Age gigs in the early 2000’s and enjoy Dirty Martinis.

And while I’m a Vikings fans, I do believe we could get along real well knowing those two facts above.

I went to several Queens of the Stone Age gigs in the early 2000’s and enjoy Dirty Martinis.

And while I’m a Vikings fans, I do believe we could get along real well knowing those two facts above.

Haha well I’m old enough to be a fan of Kyuss and went to QOTSA gigs around the same time you did. I’m also a prodigious guzzler of Dirty Martinis ( of varying filth level ) and we are both members of the Shark Pool so I’m pretty positive we’d get along just fine despite the fact your a Viking 😂 FTP

Speaking of “new, younger people” joining….

I tried the discord thing for about 15 seconds and it definitely wasn’t for me. How’s that going, @Joe Bryant ? Is there a separate thriving community over there? Do some % of folks from this board post there as well? Curious..

Speaking of “new, younger people” joining….

I tried the discord thing for about 15 seconds and it definitely wasn’t for me. How’s that going, @Joe Bryant ? Is there a separate thriving community over there? Do some % of folks from this board post there as well? Curious..

Yes. It's super popular and thriving. Definitely a much younger demographic but it's vibrant.

Users who are viewing this thread