What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2020 (1 Viewer)

With the recent blurbs of a Lamar Miller sighting any chance the Titans take a look? They still don’t have a true backup to Henry. Besides the risk of injury, what would they do if Henry came down with Covid? I would think if healthy Miller would be an adequate fill-in if needed. He’s also a decent pass catcher and has played with Tannehill before, albeit in a different system. I’d imagine he’d come fairly cheap on a prove it type deal.

With the recent blurbs of a Lamar Miller sighting any chance the Titans take a look? They still don’t have a true backup to Henry. Besides the risk of injury, what would they do if Henry came down with Covid? I would think if healthy Miller would be an adequate fill-in if needed. He’s also a decent pass catcher and has played with Tannehill before, albeit in a different system. I’d imagine he’d come fairly cheap on a prove it type deal.
JRob was interviewed a couple times recently and I got the impression they want to look at a couple RBs and QBs but are waiting for covid/camp etc

Lamar showing that workout video was a 'good for him' moment. 29?30? year old back coming off an ACL seems highly questionable. The Texans not adding him as a backup would give me pause too

During recent interviews, JRob spoke about a large taxi squad/ps this year and GMs waiting to hear from NFL/NFLPA on that. The thinking was what if several guys get Covid then they will need enough to replace. Also if you consider 10 ps positions and assume that's a backup at 10 different positions, they still might not have a position covered by gameday like suppose a K and P get covid. That's two weeks without and who has a backup K and P on the PS? 

I thought this was interesting and as long as the GMs (the owner side in this regard) want it, then the NFLPA is sure to agree to paying more players and having more members; so I think this will happen

The Titans live streamed drills from camp this morning and closed saying they will continue to.

CB Fulton looks like a wide-eyed rookie and wasn't really giving an effort but taking it in. He got burned by everyone. Ya can't judge that, just wait. It "hits them" and then you see the player they drafted from that point forward. It'd be concern if the season were near, means nothing now, just what happens to some rookies.

Brown bursted incredibly off the line once that was freakish. Butler was toast and recovered great showing some wow himself. Brown didn't catch it but all you're looking for here is "are they ready to go? in shape? doing their thing? competing?" You could easily say Butler could have started better and Brown finished better but it's drills and it's safe to assume the coach's did say just that.

Raymond caught all the chatting fans eyes but a speedy lil bugger should do well in the one drill he rocked in. He's still 5-8 or however tall. He did great against the backup CBs in the other drill (common, WR runs route one on one, QB throws) shut down by starting CBs. That tells me still a backup. I finally saw why every fan seems to love this guy and I'm well he's got his usefulness....I guess that was something.

Cameron Batson looks like his ol self. How the heck does he hop to the side and continue to move forward. He was great, best. I mean best!,--- gotta emphasize. I even thought he was Humphries for a sec because what a simple savvy quick route.

Davis ( I can't tell Rishard or Corey without # and camera view) had to make contact and play patty-cake which makes me think it was Corey. None of the other WRs did this! The one time Mike Keith said it was Rishard, he was busy fussing hands with the CB and missed the chance to extend and make a catch. He had position and it was dopey. We used to do this drill in basketball that always got you fouled, it wasn't meant to but we all knew it, and you were to make the layup anyway. That's what I thought of watching the Davis'. You're getting bumped around, get it done anyway.

Didn't see Humphries.

I read how Cole threw a bunch of bad balls the other day, I saw more today. You're in the pros, you can't throw a bad ball in drills. This should be old hat to you.

Cole did the close contact drill which QBs don't do and he was a wimp that avoided contact, went to the edge of the sideline (this is like 3 yards of room only) and the DB thought he went out. I guess he looked like a QB though, all in all. 

Maybe I need to give him a bogey and consider him a nervous rookie too. 

Woodside looked fine and then hard pass when soft was needed, in the dirt another. 

This is my prob with JRob and backup QBs. (other than the Tannehill gift of 2019)  They're either old n done or young and you wonder if their college coach drilled all the fundamentals into them. They're not supposed to need to learn the basics at the pro level, but be fine tuning things and learning a more complex game. I'd bet $ that someone could name a 4 year starter at D3 and he'd have done better today in drills.

Indiana WR had no awareness, stupid looking which was too much so I'm figuring nerves and trying too hard. Looked like good size, excellent quicks, and when he had someone beat, he turned back into the DB rather than enjoy the space. He did this every time. I wanna see him relaxed. 

Mason pee guy Kinney looked bad. Obvious and deliberate, easy to cover. 

Adoree looked awful but dogging it so I'm not judging. The crud part of sports is people do that some days. 

Titans trade rumor a DB to Panthers

My guess is Fulton

Most interesting is Vaccaro and Hooker slot CB talk and Ryan's new agent chatting with JRob.

Titans trade rumor a DB to Panthers

My guess is Fulton

Most interesting is Vaccaro and Hooker slot CB talk and Ryan's new agent chatting with JRob.
this died quickly, sorry didn't come back and update

Titans cuts are expected to be super obvious this year

Remember four on PS can be protected (so essentially 57) and 6 can be veterans and the PS is 16 players deep

Kelly seems to have won the RT spot til Wilson is ready but I do think they want him out there so it's an unusual- can they sub at RT? type situation

I'm excited for the season now. 

Swaim gives them another starting TE and they can use any at FB.

People praising Blasingame has me feeling better about the RB spot.

I love Firkser,  Batson, and Raymond for their 3-4 plays per game.

The rookie T missed too much time so Kelly won that spot- good, because I know I would have griped while he learned and Tannehill took easy sacks.

The quality depth that's so key to a long drive deep into a post season is there. Arthur Smith has to be creative and use them "just so" but he did do that last year.

It's a fragile team though. One injury to Henry, Brown, or Tannehill and I'm greatly concerned. 

I can't stand how negative everyone is on Fulton this summer but yet raves about him coming out of college. There's no more time to learn rook! He has to come through since every team plays 3 WRs. Simmons is the key like Casey was. The LBs can do what they do best as long as he can absorb linemen and disrupt plays every now and then. If he doesn't or gets injured, it's gonna be a long season. 

All the reporters have a fave new DL and isn't that a nice new change? 

I saw ESPN debating if they're a top 5 team and Clay called them a top five D....whew that makes me uncomfortable but, it's sure fun to be considered one of the best for a change. @msommer and @Otis we've sure seen a lot of bad seasons. Are you guys hopeful now?

I'm excited for the season now. 

Swaim gives them another starting TE and they can use any at FB.

People praising Blasingame has me feeling better about the RB spot.

I love Firkser,  Batson, and Raymond for their 3-4 plays per game.

The rookie T missed too much time so Kelly won that spot- good, because I know I would have griped while he learned and Tannehill took easy sacks.

The quality depth that's so key to a long drive deep into a post season is there. Arthur Smith has to be creative and use them "just so" but he did do that last year.

It's a fragile team though. One injury to Henry, Brown, or Tannehill and I'm greatly concerned. 

I can't stand how negative everyone is on Fulton this summer but yet raves about him coming out of college. There's no more time to learn rook! He has to come through since every team plays 3 WRs. Simmons is the key like Casey was. The LBs can do what they do best as long as he can absorb linemen and disrupt plays every now and then. If he doesn't or gets injured, it's gonna be a long season. 

All the reporters have a fave new DL and isn't that a nice new change? 

I saw ESPN debating if they're a top 5 team and Clay called them a top five D....whew that makes me uncomfortable but, it's sure fun to be considered one of the best for a change. @msommer and @Otis we've sure seen a lot of bad seasons. Are you guys hopeful now?
I've not been around lately due to an enforced hiatus. 

I'm as hopeful as I was last season, hopefully for better reasons this year.
Would like to get Clowney on board as otherwise not that confident in the pass rush, hopefully Simmons can fill Casey's shoes.

As usual the Colts are gettng hyped but I don't see how they are better this year than last. The Jags aren't, at least on paper and neither are the Texans.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
The Titans have unusual depth at TE especially if you believe everyone that says Pruitt is a good receiver.

I think Arthur Smith is gonna do some wackiness early on and maybe every few weeks. 

Last year, he showed lining TEs at FB, at WR, 2 and 3 TE sets but the rec TE was the almost constant receiving option. (Sometimes they just got big to block for Henry better) One pass here, one pass there and the D will have to be preoccupied some.

Further, that S that's asked to watch for the TE would probably be used to double Brown or be help. 

I think the TEs are gonna do a lot to set things up. Also, this makes me leery of Humphries earning that FA money

Ramble but...it's possible this will be the first time multiple TE sets doesn't bore ya

I'm assuming they want both Clowney and Beasley on the field at the same time, at least in obvious passing situations. So I guess that sucks for Landry? Or does Clowney play 4-3 DE also?

Also guessing we won't see him (Clowney) much for now, may need a few practices to learn the defence

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming they want both Clowney and Beasley on the field at the same time, at least in obvious passing situations. So I guess that sucks for Landry? Or does Clowney play 4-3 DE also?

Also guessing we won't see him (Clowney) much for now, may need a few practices to learn the defence
He should know most of the playbook. Vrabel was his DC in Houston before getting the Tennessee job. And to your point, yes, while in Houston’s 3-4, Clowney kicked inside to 3-4 DE on obvious passing situations to get more pass rushers on the edge. Would expect more of that same usage. Vrabel knows him. 

Users who are viewing this thread