What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2022-23 aka The King and some pawns (1 Viewer)

Petit Frer and Radunz must pan out.
The line is questionable and can shift to good if the youngsters pan out. They haven't had a good tackle added since Conklin.

Tannehill got sacked a ton in 2022. The entire passing offense suffered.

Henry, Foreman, and Hilliard were outstanding most of the time.

Woods is woods. Do we all know him?
He's the one.

Phillips is the next best WR and that does not bode well. Kudos on a fifth round pick everyone loved (so not really a sleeper). He's the only reliable known entity. The Titans haven't used a slot enough for fantasy relevance since Kendall Wright though as they choose the extra tight end. (See blocking above)

Burks is going through growing pains that every rookie does. There is no way to gauge this- where was Chase ranked with his struggles in the summer? He's excellent and awful. He's a fine blocker and whiffs. He's got great hands and a game with zero catches. He fights through pressing CBs smoothly and gets stuck. He runs very well for a WR and doesn't run well in the game. They want him to be the #2 badly and he'll get every chance to be. Ride the wave all summer. At worst he's DGB type, at best he's Deebo like. His floor is fine if you remember it's 17 games. AJB took weeks to get rolling in the NFL and was not a rookie star from day one.

NWI is someone the team loves and others don't seem to. His development has been outstanding but is he really a starting NFL WR? He makes catches and does everything well but he doesn't have the speed or burst to make the big plays or the wherewithall to use his body to make clutch catches when we know he's a likely target. He's more of a very good bench player fan favorite type.

Racey was (basically) just special teams in college despite being a solid recruit with size and speed and hands.
He started camp very well as a complete WR.
He's fallen quickly back to just a deep guy. I think it's habits or nerves. It's doubtful but he could really be a fantasy steal if he turns it around again.

There's a few repeat camp guys that probably wind up back on the PS. Kinsey faded when pads went on.

Roberson was a blessed explosive college WR that everyone adored with a bright future and then he got injured, twice. He played hurt some, played not fully recovered some more. In college, he learned to shield defenders and run crisper routes and all the little things to overcome his (injury) loss of speed.

Roberson was a depth star in spring and had at least one TD in all but one of the first ten days of camp. He also had two days with two TDs.
I've asked reporter friends and his speed looks regular typical of the group. He got deep a couple times and showed some but that's it.
Everyone (coaches, players, reporters) mentions he is totally pushing himself to get that speed back. It was reported he tweaked something and missed a practice and that the trainers pulled him. Regardless of truth, it's good. He sat the preseason game and was back at practice. He is a Kurt Warner rudy type fun last pick for rookie drafts. He is nothing yet for FF unless your league dictates.
He is not running with the ones but he's gone from fours to threes to twos.
If he catches passes from Tannehill or excels in a preseason game, then I'd add him in deep leagues where the rookie draft happened already and you want a decent longshot.
If he isn't catching passes from Tannehill he will be a PS player. It's that simple til he runs with the ones.
Most of the Titans WRs are largely one dimensional so all bets are off for a polished WR if he gets with the ones.

Terry Godwin caught some reporters eyes. I don't have much to add.
Josh Malone faded when pads came on after a nice spring.
Hollister is the same guy they cut and hangs around the PS and WW.
Dez was cut last year and everyone keeps writing how ordinary he looks. Pre Julio the Titans desperately needed a WR in the draft and we're pleased to get him. He hasn't been that guy since and the shine is off.

Chig does not block well inline. <---a must for starting TEs.
He won't start over Swaim til he can. They are looking for blocking not receiving from the #2 TE so ya gotta fight off all the fantasy dynasty love he's getting. For reference Firkser couldn't block inline either. Now Firkser wasn't as good an athlete and couldn't take handoffs so there is a way higher ceiling but....til he blocks well he's limited.

Hooper and Tannehill have synced up and this really seems like the connection for fantasy. I'm leery of ceiling projections but yet confident he's "good" every week. He and Woods are the only sure things on the Titans.

Henry is the king and no one is seeing any issues from his injury. What you want to hear is there.
The expected Titans LG is relatively small and this has been a power spot for him. That's the only negative and I'm doubtful it means much.

Hilliard went from unsigned free agent to working his tail off, earning opportunity and doing well with it. He's a shoe in for third down work. He's oddly similar to other Hilliard's when they were in the NFL. He's not an every down back but he can be for a bit. He's more third down speed and catching and picking up the blitz so the other back can catch a breath.

Hassan has been ordinary and not bruising nor as advertised. His hands were supposedly good and he catches well. They want him to be the #2 back, the handcuff but he is not anywhere near right now. He reminds me of Samaje Perrine's expectations and drop from college to NFL. That's just now and there's plenty of time and he's almost gifted the spot he just has to take it.

Julius Chestnut is the classic UDFA. He's doing well with chances and moving on up, shining when he can.

Jordan Wilkins is a FB RB type we all know. This can be your measuring stick when watching games or gauging where things stack up. He is ahead of Hassan on some practice reports.

Trenton Cannon has no moves or wiggle when I see his highlight clips. He looks exactly like a fast straight runner that returns kicks. He doesn't look RB like.

Tory Carter was the best HS fullback, college fullback, and will probably be the best NFL fullback soon. (No there aren't many but it's still cool) Carter played TE senior year in college. He also took a handful of snaps to end the season and a handful more in the playoffs. They like that shift for Tannehill's protection. This does not help Chig, also. Carter is a throwback fullback that might get three carries and three catches on the year. He just has a hard hat on.

Briley Moore did well last summer as a UDFA TE and he's been buried and quiet all offseason til recently. I expect he's PS material but I like how he looks. He could get a chance elsewhere. He blocks fine and catches well but their top 3 TEs are set in stone. Most think he's eh- I just think I see something.

Tommy Hudson the staff likes and ...why? He seems pretty regular to me

Willis is the athletic marvel that makes bad decisions. Nothing has changed to my eye but everyone says he's coming along fine. He doesn't appear to be a 2022 active player.

Logan Woodside played poorly again and the staff recently confirmed he's the number two for his knowledge of the playbook. That's an odd minimal compliment. All it does for me is want to ask how Willis is with the playbook.

I absolutely expect them to add a QB but fellow fans will point out they've had plenty of bad backups over the years and it's unlikely.

The thing is- their development stinks and they need to throw a monkey wrench of competition in. What happens if they add another mobile QB with some experience? Another pocket guy with experience? How do Woodside and Willis respond?

Ideally they'd add one now, so things can play out. More likely is they grab a QB off waivers before week one

Rob Moore praised Godwin and Roberson today, pushing the guys ahead of them.
He said something like- a lot of guys run a fast 40, Roberson plays fast and knows how to play fast.

The Titans need these two badly to keep improving and push the starters above them.

Glennon alluded to Radunz is about the same as last year-needs to develop pass blocking.

Racey had a day of repeated deep plays that he could not bring down against the ones. Kevin Byard does shut down a lot of WRs deep, but he has to make plays against the ones.

Briley Moore held out of practice then cut for the DB they added. Lonnie Johnson.
Wilkins released.

Burks with two catches...most everyone with two catches against Bucs in joint practice.

Woodside with more INTs

Chestnut with a good day and still ahead of Hassan.

Titans line didn't do very well and Bucs couldn't handle Jeffrey Simmons, but they did do well against most of the rest.

Remember everyone's opportunities are brief in these joint practices.

LLink to lengthy writeup

Wow. After losing a very winnable home opener to NYG, the Titans get to travel to BUF on Monday night where the Bills got a 3-day head start due to their first game being on Thursday. Great. Anything is possible but there's a real risk the Titans end up in a 0-2 hole.

Titans fired GM Jon Robinson today. Seems weird to fire a GM during the season, especially for a team currently (and likely) winning their division.

I thought Robinson was a pretty solid GM. Titans have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years, and other than the Isaiah Wilson disaster, and maybe Caleb Farley if he can't ever get healthy there aren't many bad draft picks, and a host of good ones. Also getting Tannehill on the cheap was nice.

Since 2016 Robinson drafted, Jack Conklin, Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Harold Landry, Jeffrey Simmons, AJ brown, Nate Davis, Amani Hooker, David Long, and Kristian Fulton who are quality starters, with a few elite guys in there. Many have left the team, but that's usually the case when you draft well, is you can't keep them all.

Also, guys like Elijah Molden, Roger McCreary, and especially Treylon Burks have shown potential from the last 2 drafts.

I'm not thinking Robinson is going to struggle to find another GM job.

Titans fired GM Jon Robinson today. Seems weird to fire a GM during the season, especially for a team currently (and likely) winning their division.

I thought Robinson was a pretty solid GM. Titans have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years, and other than the Isaiah Wilson disaster, and maybe Caleb Farley if he can't ever get healthy there aren't many bad draft picks, and a host of good ones. Also getting Tannehill on the cheap was nice.

Since 2016 Robinson drafted, Jack Conklin, Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Harold Landry, Jeffrey Simmons, AJ brown, Nate Davis, Amani Hooker, David Long, and Kristian Fulton who are quality starters, with a few elite guys in there. Many have left the team, but that's usually the case when you draft well, is you can't keep them all.

Also, guys like Elijah Molden, Roger McCreary, and especially Treylon Burks have shown potential from the last 2 drafts.

I'm not thinking Robinson is going to struggle to find another GM job.
He’ll get another job for sure.
I had assumed Jrob and Vrabel worked well together but moves like brown showed that wasn’t the case.
If firing JRob means keeping Vrabel, this was the right call.

Watching AJ Brown destroy them was to much for them to take.

He's made a lot of major mistakes and I think has left the roster weak on talent but they keep winning because Vrabel has been the best coach in the NFL the past few seasons.

Watching AJ Brown destroy them was to much for them to take.

He's made a lot of major mistakes and I think has left the roster weak on talent but they keep winning because Vrabel has been the best coach in the NFL the past few seasons.
Exactly this. Imagine Vrabel coaching a team whose GM didn’t waste picks recently and give up one of the truly elite receivers. The chiefs marched on after trading hill but they have Kelce, a better o line, and at least made moves to get receiver help (not to mention Mahomes). JRob brought in woods, who I expected more from, and Julio last year but for the most part hasn’t made good decisions.

He came in hot, made all the right moves then made a ballsy move of going to to toe with Mularkey over a bad OC. He won, of course, and made an announcement that Vrabel was hired to take the team further in the playoffs. Lafleur was the OC and bad at it, BUT Arthur Smith was handed TE coach and red zone coordinator and thrived. Mularkey's two and three TE offense continued with Smith.
He was awful for six games or so and then Henry had a meeting with Eddie George and they brought his FB back. This clicked with Henry and he's been an absolute gem for 4? years now.
Mariota was replaced with Tannehill when Henry took off. It was the perfect changing of the guard because everyone would focus on the QBs as if the game is really difficult for a QB when the back is running for 2000 yards.

Sacks were high, one WR worth writing home about, and a line that loved to hit people with two bookend tackles. The focus could be on the D and the run game just like classic old teams.

Vrabel never took them further than Mularkey but yet JRob had built this team stacked for years to come. Lose some, add some, dynasty in the making! Arrogance and downright cockiness set in.

He flat out played a song people liked to listen to. We can't afford to re-sign Conklin because we need to re-sign Corey Davis next year. We can't afford Davis because we need to re-sign Jonnu. We can't afford....on and on and because he was the golden boy everyone would believe him and roll with it (I probably have the order wrong, it's many players over n over)

He signed several free agents that didn't pan out. He reached on many draft picks and struck out. He couldn't keep the line beastly strong failing on roughly ten additions at tackle. He nailed UDFAs and scrub free agent acquisitions and they were the glue that kept the team together overcoming his mistakes but it caught up with him.

Yes AJ was a big deal but not the catalyst here. They could have made him play his contract all the stuff we discussed. The catalyst was adding AJBs idol, Julio.

They gave up a lot of draft picks and camp Vrabel was sooo soft as everyone adored ol Julio and his easy off-season. The Titans set the record for injuries in a season, Julio wasn't good, people questioned if AJB was playing thru injury and yet they we're still a one seed but barely held together.

Julio's giant contract that they felt so fortunate to take has wrecked them against the cap. They had to redo salaries last year, have been cap strapped this year, and are slotted to be 20mil over the cap next year.

More arrogance. The Titans were widely projected to take a WR in a loaded WR draft and they let all the names pass by. Then instead of taking Chuba, they traded that pick for Dez Fitzpatrick and cut him at the end of camp. What GM wouldn't love to have a WR from the draft two years ago? Julio signing (the positivity, that he was still a gem) saved JRob from flack he deserved because he answered the call with Julio.

AJB was hurt Julio was released/scheduled in February or so and that started his displeasure with a team he had adored for taking him in the second round after everyone passed in the first. In Philly, he would discuss how Julio reminded him often that your career can be cut short, gotta get the money while you can.

This year, fans were often "why didn't you add that guy" as the rest of the NFL seemed to hit the WW for tackles and WRs. Dennis Daley who was rated like 18 at PFF was acquired to be the LT. Why? They finally hit on a tackle, NPF, and then Lewan reinjures his knee and Daley is the season saver?

Malik Willis throwing for 55 and 80 yards in a start, is that the future? Lewan and Ben Jones will be retiring soon, how's the line? Hooper added at TE, how is he doing? Woods at WR? Swing n miss and swing n miss.

I think the straw was a recent contract restructure. No big deal, but the Titans went from 63k to 2.5 mil available against the cap. Slow news day, it actually was discussed as if it isn't a common occurrence.

A few weeks back, the giant announcement that they're getting a new stadium and now suddenly everyone is discussing how they couldn't be more cash strapped and on a clear down turn.

Burks made a heckuva catch but got injured again while the other rookie WR was out with an injury. Chig made a nice olay. Tannehill had thrown for almost 300 two games in a row. There could have been positivity despite AJB rocking. Instead it was how Henry couldn't run and is he done (no!) and Burks concussed and Tannehill took some shots and whew did they look whipped like they might not get back up.

Amy was raised by her dad Bud Adams and all the Oilers linemen and Titans linemen and Mike Munchak and....her team was manhandled and without hope. She figuratively threw her hands up and said "that's it!"

(Vrabel took them one game further eventually, oops in prior)
The Titans will have to trade to get out of contracts or else the new GM won't really have much freedom til 2024.
They'll be discussing a rebuild with the stadium as a "win by date."

Already discussed, unless Cordarelle retires, Henry will be a Titan and retire a Titan. I can't stress enough how much he makes those around him better. They'll ride that til the wheels fall off. It'll buy time for a possible new QB and Burks and whomever else to develop at WR and for a line to develop. NFL teams don't generally pay backs big anymore either. The market for Henry would be small. He's staying and maybe they draft a back to replace him someday.

No it's not Haskins. Chestnut played over him last week as I've been saying all off-season. They'll need a special back someday, to follow Henry. He's not on the roster.

It seems like the season is over and was when IR moves were announced last week.
Hoping Dobbs and Henry can get them into the playoffs but I'm not anticipating a playoff win so...it's pretty unexciting compared to previous seasons.

With so many players expected to be released and so much dead cap from them AND the Titans already a few mil over the 2023 cap....it really looks like a bleak season ahead in 2023.

Vrabel is a top coach, unquestionably.

New VP, new GM, rebuild, new stadium in a few years, possibly a new franchise QB and new OC....that is a lot that could go against Vrabel in the "let's start anew" way of thinking.

They gotta keep their coach and find a GM that also appreciates Vrabel.

Simmons and Tannehill will combine to take up most of any cap room created so even if there is some creative solution, the $ will go away quickly.

Henry could get them through lean times, he has already, but I'm "afraid" he's traded to Arthur Smith. RB replacements would be affordable.

The line needs a redo. I'm unsure if they can afford Davis and what will ol Lewan cost? NPF is the only piece and he's finishing a meh rookie year.

Fulton is a gem and even if I buy that McCreary is "right there" and learning as a rookie, well they still need more CBs because opposing QBs are lighting them up attacking the feeble ones.

Two of the highest paid safeties in the league may have been a bad spending decision. Everyone loves Byard but they'd want to move Hooker so....unsure if they can.

Every LB has underperformed (except Rice who recently woke up, but his career is underperforming) and I gotta blame coaching for that. Since Vrabel they've had a lot of cooks in the LB kitchen and I just think drop a positional coach and convince Vrabel to not be so hands on since his DC is already heavily involved. Every name LB could walk since the backups have all played decent to solid the last few weeks.

Phillips and Burks are their only WRs. Every other one could be cut or traded for a sandwich.

Their TEs are fine. They just don't look it because they have to help the tackles so much.

Willis is a third stringer. Developmental QBs are third not second! I'm hopeful Dobbs earned a spot. He seems fine as a fill in.

I expect a slew of Titans to be rumored to go to ATL during this rebuild. The Falcons will have a ton of cap space. I expect they only want certain players of certain ages until like June when they fill the roster edges.

Titans interviewing four GM candidates two are from the Browns and Bears. Chasing success....

Tackles seem to me like:

Paris Johnson JR.

3 to 5 Tackles that writers (and maybe GMs) are trying to make better than they are.

Anton Harrison

Tis the season to pretend a 7-10 year fine, solid player is a bad thing and possible greatness is worth more.

I don't think the Titans can get Paris so it'll be important to watch that middle group's effect on Anton. Does he rise or fall? Can the Titans trade down or up to get him? And of course, how are the middle first tackles evaluated from now til April

I don't at all see this group of WRs matching previous drafts.

The Titans history with WRs, this is possibly a red flag.

The 11spot is a good spot to not mess things up. As long as a team doesn't reach, they're pretty well set by whomever falls or a player in the teens that they adore.

Tackles seem to me like:

Paris Johnson JR.

3 to 5 Tackles that writers (and maybe GMs) are trying to make better than they are.

Anton Harrison

Tis the season to pretend a 7-10 year fine, solid player is a bad thing and possible greatness is worth more.

I don't think the Titans can get Paris so it'll be important to watch that middle group's effect on Anton. Does he rise or fall? Can the Titans trade down or up to get him? And of course, how are the middle first tackles evaluated from now til April

I’d definitely like them to land Paris. But do you really think Skoronski is overrated? He seems almost a lock to be a good OL - even if it’s as a guard.

Tackles seem to me like:

Paris Johnson JR.

Anton Harrison

I’d definitely like them to land Paris. But do you really think Skoronski is overrated? He seems almost a lock to be a good OL - even if it’s as a guard.
Not necessarily overrated but more like Guards are valued less than Tackles and teams usually waste some time (sometimes a whole summer) figuring out if a guy is best at this spot or that spot. In this light, I wouldn't draft him that high.
In another draft, the Pats get a guy like him late, figure out he's a G, and he plays well and everyone is envious how he fell to them.

Carthon discussing how he interviews players at senior bowl followed with- so we can give them the tools so they can be successful.

Love that his thinking is not just plug a player in but that the franchise needs to offer the tools to make them successful.

Titans hired a female DL coach to be a defensive assistant.

Jim Wyatt doesn't expect Nate Davis back in his email column

Tim Kelly named OC sets up a scary time.
The Texans removed his OC title and made him run game coordinator (Many people seem to miss Pep Hamilton role there) then they fired him. He was the Titans passing game coordinator in 2022 and it was the worst passing attack in years.
He's Vrabel's buddy and Vrabel swears by him.

This is either a brilliant move or a dumb move that gets Vrabel fired. His buddy needs a second chance and I get vouching for him but this is literally what got his predecessor fired.

The rest of the O staff flip flopped around.
They promoted the inexperienced assistant OL coach and Vrabel praised him. RB coach got a bump so they still need one.
Luke Steckel got a HC interview and they promoted him to TE coach- this has been the spot they promote from.

With four moves today, the Titans have cleared nearly $38 million in salary cap space and $42.221 million in cash off the 2023 books. The Titans were $23 million over the cap before any of the cuts so this would take them to around $15 million, give or take.

The Titans released longtime left tackle Taylor Lewan, wide receiver Robert Woods, inside linebacker Zach Cunningham and kicker Randy Bullock.

The cuts that are expected to come next include Bud Dupree, Jamarco Jones and potentially Ryan Tannehill. Although, we may be waiting a bit for a resolution on those three. The Titans could choose to hold on to Tannehill to play quarterback next season if a better option doesn’t present itself. Jones would cost the Titans more than they would save even if the penalty on the cap is slightly over $1 million.

As for Dupree, the Titans could choose to cut Dupree as a “Post 6/1” designation. That would take the savings from his release up from $9 million to around $15 million. That savings wouldn’t be available until after June 1, but it could be used to sign the Titans’ draft class and make moves throughout the remainder of the season. It is also possible the Titans are looking to trade Dupree. While they would still eat the $11 million in dead money, recouping some draft picks and still shedding the $9 million could make sense. Dupree is still a starting-level player even if he isn’t worth the $20 million cap hit the Titans are set to take on if he stays.

Reactions: Bri
Is there any potential a D Henry trade happens? Seems to be a sort of rebuilding offseason with all these cuts and the potential of Tannehill being part of the next round.

Is there any potential a D Henry trade happens? Seems to be a sort of rebuilding offseason with all these cuts and the potential of Tannehill being part of the next round.
Anything is possible with a new GM but his salary and dead cap and all...he probably stays.
Most important is while everyone predicted his demise, he ran for 1500+ yards while being hit more behind the LOS than anyone else and hit more in general. (Several times this was tweeted but I haven't verified end of year, regardless....) which could easily mean that despite their awful OL he could run for 1500. A lot of his detractors then would say he was caught from behind or didn't show burst like they were hanging on something rather than eating crow. If a guy is hit every one to two steps he can hardly accelerate and gain momentum. Anywho...1500 yard back.

They are to replace 3-5 OL and potentially go a different route at QB. With little money to spend they probably can only add young players and old players at WR- nothing too exciting outside first or second round.

Soooo there's a large group that believes they have to keep him to stay relevant and get through this rebuild of the O.

Haskins showed nice hands and did eventually pick up pass blocking. He didn't show much rushing- a nice game near the end.
Chestnut is a solid backup that is full of heart and average ability but he does everything well.
Hilliard is an exciting "find" of a free agent they picked off the streets two years ago. He's one of the best third down backs/scat backs and gets very little recognition- possibly because he doesn't have much usage relative to Henry.
They're pieces that fill roles well. Henry is the definite key cog here

RBs are a dime a dozen and they could easily draft or sign one to replace Henry. Can he run well behind a bad line or one that hasn't gelled yet?

Vrabel needs to win.
New stadium in three years.
Two years for a new coach the GM hand picked would not be outlandish at all. If he wins again in 2023, there's no way he gets replaced.

Ran Carthon's dad absolutely adores Henry. Does that matter? What's it like being raised by a fullback?
The Titans interim GM cut their top rated FB that can also play TE. Couple weeks later Ran is hired. How did he view that move?
He has mentioned Elijah Mitchell like five times already.

The Niners had some tough running backs that often were injured. Derrick only missed that half a year despite all his hits.

I can go on and on with possible supposed leaps but we'll have to see. I think he's going to value RBs, including Henry. He's got cap woes he has to work magic to fill, leaning on Derrick again is just plain easier

Anything is possible with a new GM but his salary and dead cap and all...he probably stays.
Most important is while everyone predicted his demise, he ran for 1500+ yards while being hit more behind the LOS than anyone else and hit more in general. (Several times this was tweeted but I haven't verified end of year, regardless....) which could easily mean that despite their awful OL he could run for 1500. A lot of his detractors then would say he was caught from behind or didn't show burst like they were hanging on something rather than eating crow. If a guy is hit every one to two steps he can hardly accelerate and gain momentum. Anywho...1500 yard back.

They are to replace 3-5 OL and potentially go a different route at QB. With little money to spend they probably can only add young players and old players at WR- nothing too exciting outside first or second round.

Soooo there's a large group that believes they have to keep him to stay relevant and get through this rebuild of the O.

Haskins showed nice hands and did eventually pick up pass blocking. He didn't show much rushing- a nice game near the end.
Chestnut is a solid backup that is full of heart and average ability but he does everything well.
Hilliard is an exciting "find" of a free agent they picked off the streets two years ago. He's one of the best third down backs/scat backs and gets very little recognition- possibly because he doesn't have much usage relative to Henry.

RBs are a dime a dozen and they could easily draft or sign one to replace Henry. Can he run well behind a bad line or one that hasn't gelled yet?

Vrabel needs to win.
Two years for a new coach the GM hand picked would not be outlandish at all. If he wins again in 2023, there's no way he gets replaced.

Ran Carthon's dad absolutely adores Henry. Does that matter? What's it like being raised by a fullback?
The Titans interim GM cut their top rated FB that can also play TE. Couple weeks later Ran is hired. How did he view that move?

The Niners had some tough running backs that often were injured. Derrick only missed that half a year despite all his hits.

I can go on and on with possible supposed leaps but we'll have to see. I think he's going to value RBs, including Henry. He's got cap woes he has to work magic to fill, leaning on Derrick again is just plain easier
There's Smoke!! Reports out there via PFT they are shopping him.

Vrabel needs to win.

It's been too long for a beat reporter to not confirm.
I'm leaning towards pot stirring rumor right now

Vrabel needs to win.

We’ll believe it when/if a trade happens.
Frankly they wouldn’t get enough for him even if he was on the market.

Vrabel needs to win.

Whats the going market rate for 29 year old running backs with a lot of guaranteed money owed and 1750 career carries? Thinking a 3rd at best.

Vrabel needs to win.

Whats the going market rate for 29 year old running backs with a lot of guaranteed money owed and 1750 career carries? Thinking a 3rd at best.
You don't mean the top RB in the NFL for the last 4-5 years when healthy?
Everyone talks downturn and age and injury as if he didn't just run for 1500 yards...as if most of the NFL wouldn't love to have a 1500 yard back.
Did I mention he was hit behind the line of scrimmage and total hits more than any other RB and still got 1500? That was not a down year- that was a year Earl and Barry would be proud of

Vrabel needs to win.

You don't mean the top RB in the NFL for the last 4-5 years when healthy?
Everyone talks downturn and age and injury as if he didn't just run for 1500 yards...as if most of the NFL wouldn't love to have a 1500 yard back.
Did I mention he was hit behind the line of scrimmage and total hits more than any other RB and still got 1500? That was not a down year- that was a year Earl and Barry would be proud of
Hey. I offered what I think his value would be. I'll wait on you to offer yours. None of those stats are deniable, just like his age and career carries. I never said it was a down year. I just plainly said basically or implied "There is not much value for 29 year old running backs with 1700 career carries"

I will wait on what you think is fair compensation would be.

Vrabel needs to win.

Could be. Which is why Ran won’t do it.
I mean, we could imagine the king in Detroit (or many teams) terrorizing the north and helping either Goff or a rookie QB. Or in Miami helping Tua. But if he’s just worth a 3, he better retire a Titan.

Vrabel needs to win.

I mean, we could imagine the king in Detroit (or many teams) terrorizing the north and helping either Goff or a rookie QB. Or in Miami helping Tua. But if he’s just worth a 3, he better retire a Titan.
I hear ya there. Most likely its not going to be up to him, unless he wants to give $$ back to retire now.

Vrabel needs to win.

I hear ya there. Most likely its not going to be up to him, unless he wants to give $$ back to retire now.
Ran won’t trade the best player to play in Nashville for a 3. I just don’t buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread