What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2022-23 aka The King and some pawns (1 Viewer)

Still has a couple strong years left in him as long as he can stay moderately healthy
You drop him into a pass friendly offense that spreads the field, he would be a nightmare.
Lighten his load to 15-18 carries a game max

This new GM rebuild stuff might be too much for me.
I might join the millions of others and switch to the Falcons.
The roster needed work, no doubt, but they've been to the playoffs and were a bad ref call away last year. That's not a "gut the roster" type team and not what he said in his presser.

He went from Henry and now to Byard and...can you stop having problems with elite players? Who does that?

When JRob came on, Mularkey had finally built us a good team but there were a lot of those "we're working together, getting on the same page" quotes that were just too common to truly believe. Mularkey was let go after taking them to the playoffs (after worst in the league type seasons before). With every similar Vrabel and Carthon are on the same page quote- I cringe. It's again too much but maybe I'm paranoid.
I wanna see them at the draft sitting with each other. Is it two buddies hanging out or clear boss n worker stuff?
Again paranoia maybe but clearing the gems and then replacing a coach of the year....

I'm definitely doing this old man do I really need to be loyal thoughts

The added free agents have not been starters and are slotted to be starters and that's a risk. I sure like how they're praised backups so they may be worthy, it's just - can we get an actual starter?

I wish we knew more of Lewan's free agency. Is he getting high dollar offers? I definitely want him back at a reasonable rate.

JRob was excellent with UDFAs and I do figure that's because of scouts so I'm sure hoping that continues. They have always needed a UDFA to step into a key spot.

Moving up to get a QB?
You're not gonna come in and give up a slew of future picks to start your first draft are ya?

Is this why Simmons isn't re-signed? Need the new team to make a contract offer they like?

Was putting it out there about Byard taking a cut or being released really a wise move? That gave up all trade leverage.

Tannehill is expensive if he's moved or stays- leave him alone

On the radio, they had the Titans as an example of a team that could trade key players before the trade deadline and be sitting pretty next off-season.

It makes total sense. There's a lot of dead cap so there will be a large amount of cap space next year. Add on that it's the last year of Henrys contract or this guy or that guy and Ran could easily have a quick major roster turnover from JRob's guys to his guys.

The Titans would have to start with a bad record and surely he's going to have to run something that major past the owner so this isn't like projected it expected to happen.

Someone called up with a scenario to drop one guy, eat the cap hit, then next year sign this guy and the host was replying and explaining ya do that with more than one guy and it's a white flag surrender response. He wasn't saying the Titans will, just an example to the caller.

I found it an interesting scenario though

Users who are viewing this thread