What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TJH: 90% I'll Be a Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Dinsy Ejotuz

Footballguy
Would this be a shocker?

"Earlier today, T.J. told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that he is "90 percent sure" he will be heading to free agency, and that he thinks Chad Ocho Cinco will also be sent packing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Would this be a shocker?"Earlier today, T.J. told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that he is "90 percent sure" he will be heading to free agency, and that he thinks Chad Ocho Cinco will also be sent packing."
Considering the Bengals tagged the kicker Graham....I think the odds just went up on TJ heading to free agency to 100%......I hope they set Ocho free too

Good grief -- no Housh AND no #85 for 2009?! Yikes. Chris Henry is no #1 WR and from there the field gets incredibly thin. I'll say it again -- yikes.

Yes:

4/20/2006: Signed a six-year, $35.5 million contract. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus, a $3.5 million second-year option bonus, and annual workout bonuses of $250,000. 2009: $4.5 million, 2010: $5 million, 2011: $6 million (Club Option), 2012: Free Agent. Cap charge: $7.8 million (2009), $8.3 million (2010), $9.3 million (2011). If the Bengals don't exercise their 2011 option, they'll owe Johnson a $3.5 million payment. (from ROTOWORLD)

We'll just have to wait and see if they go full-blown into rebuilding mode.

Housh is going to get PAID by some team, what will ultimately be interesting is whether he earns the payday he's about to get.

If Chris Henry was part of The Solution to Cincinnati's WR issues, he'd have supplanted #85 by now. I mean, Ocho had a torn labrum, harness & everything else, and Henry still barely saw time @ #3. Henry may be a jump-ball red zone threat occasionally, but he's no replacement for Housh.

:blackdot:

The Bengals are an absolute joke. Rebuilding? That leads you to believe that there was something worth building again... :goodposting:

Good grief -- no Housh AND no #85 for 2009?! Yikes. Chris Henry is no #1 WR and from there the field gets incredibly thin. I'll say it again -- yikes.
I don't know that Chris Henry is no # 1... I think he has amazing on-field skills that simply couldn't be utilized with Palmer out last year. He's a huge bonehead but if he's able to stay out of trouble I think he could be in for a very good season.Also, I don't think the field is that thin after him as well. Andre Caldwell could easily surprise and Jerome Simpson has great tools but needs polishing. Young, unproven guys, yes, but there is a decent amount of talent among them...

Carson must be sitting at home crying , can you imagine his numbers without TJ and 85 .

Why would you put your franchise tag on a friggin kicker , they should take the franchise

away from this ownership .

Carson must be sitting at home crying , can you imagine his numbers without TJ and 85 .Why would you put your franchise tag on a friggin kicker , they should take the franchise away from this ownership .
At this rate the punter will be worth franchising :unsure:

As Andrew Brandt pointed out today on nationalfootballpost.com, franchising a kicker offers a lot of value because of their relatively low average salaries.

TJ isn't worth the franchise tag price for Cinci, and will probably leave because someone else will pay too much, not because he wants to get out of town.

Chad will stay and maybe be happier as the undisputed main man.

TJ will be fine if he goes to another team with a #1 WR on that team.

I hope he goes to a team as the #1 just so we can once and for all show the people who think TJ > Chad how downright wrong they were, TJ will utterly flop as the #1 guy. Chad is 10x the WR TJ will ever be.

As Andrew Brandt pointed out today on nationalfootballpost.com, franchising a kicker offers a lot of value because of their relatively low average salaries.TJ isn't worth the franchise tag price for Cinci, and will probably leave because someone else will pay too much, not because he wants to get out of town.Chad will stay and maybe be happier as the undisputed main man.
Exactly...people questioning the franchising of the kicker there are a bit out there.

TJ will be fine if he goes to another team with a #1 WR on that team. I hope he goes to a team as the #1 just so we can once and for all show the people who think TJ > Chad how downright wrong they were, TJ will utterly flop as the #1 guy. Chad is 10x the WR TJ will ever be.
as a Bengals fan I heartily disagree. Perhaps the Ocho didn't have his heart in it last year but their roles have always been quite a bit different. The fact is that Housh has no problem going over the middle and is :lmao: doing that as well as catching first downs. In terms of pure talent in their prime, Chad is better in the sense that he could be a gamebreaker but I haven't seen that Chad for a while. Chad has problems when he hears footsteps over the middle. Ultimatley they complement each other, but I think it'll be tougher to replace Housh.That said, Housh will probably be offered a contract for too many $. I don't think the Bengals should have franchised him. I'm not sure that Henry being a great downfield threat equates to him being a true number 1. :reche: :lmao: Caldwell strikes me as more the guy who will become the go to option in time. Simpson has a lot of catching up to do. I always found the Chad being jealous of Housh line lacking. They've been teammates since college and were both in the top 5 in the league in targets as recently as '07 if I'm not mistaken.Housh will be excellent on the right team. But he's been pretty darned excellent already so that might not show up in numbers any better than his best years with my Who Deys (assuming the Bengals don't cash in the 0.8% chance they have of signing him).-QG

Users who are viewing this thread