What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TLSL "The Last Survivor League" (2 Viewers)

With only 3 owners taking more than an hour on average to draft is clearly the reason we've done so well.
Just for the sake of accuracy, there's only two owners taking over and hour to pick. The guy listed with three hours per pick was brought in at the last minute and was credited with 40 something hours for his first pick. Since then his average is under 10 minutes. :D
True dat! :thumbup: Now, can we just get Gocats to go now? :D
Every Survivor must have one of these.... :sleep:

Jeff Pasquino said:
I'm going on record that this should be the format going forward (4 hour clock), except two things:1. Clock off on the weekend (lives, people, come on)2. No requirement to make more than 2 picks a day (helps in predrafting).That would help a ton.Start a draft on a Monday, virtually guaranteed it finished by the following Friday. 12 days - nice.
I couldn't agree more. It's a great idea and 1 that we'll have no trouble finding people to participate. For putting this together at the last minute and during most people's important drafts, I think this went great. Next year should be even better!

Chaos Commish said:
With only 3 owners taking more than an hour on average to draft is clearly the reason we've done so well.
Just for the sake of accuracy, there's only two owners taking over and hour to pick. The guy listed with three hours per pick was brought in at the last minute and was credited with 40 something hours for his first pick. Since then his average is under 10 minutes. :D
Thanks for clarifying. You've done an outstanding job as well! Glad you took this team over.

I'm going on record that this should be the format going forward (4 hour clock), except two things:1. Clock off on the weekend (lives, people, come on)2. No requirement to make more than 2 picks a day (helps in predrafting).That would help a ton.Start a draft on a Monday, virtually guaranteed it finished by the following Friday. 12 days - nice.
I couldn't agree more. It's a great idea and 1 that we'll have no trouble finding people to participate. For putting this together at the last minute and during most people's important drafts, I think this went great. Next year should be even better!
Do we have time for another? Well now now did the resident guppy do, think I did OK? It was tough drafting with all you sharks around me! I was very nervous and didn't want to be your super!

Do we have time for another? Well now now did the resident guppy do, think I did OK? It was tough drafting with all you sharks around me! I was very nervous and didn't want to be your super!
Not a chance we have time...

Wow Peerless Price is sick value this late, even if he is a Bill...

I had 2 other WRs cued (I'll drop names when we're done).

Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

:hot:

BnB, I had ONE player in my queue for the long long wait for the 3rd from last pick.

I thought I was done with this draft. Nobody drafts Musa Smith. :angry:

You did great. A nice team IMO. Congrats on a soild draft. BTW-I doubt you're a guppy. ;)

BTW-we are going to finish before MBSL2. You know the "I have a Life League". Maybe time to change the title of that one. :banned:
ya the no one will ever sign up for this nightmare draft again
"Start in June so we finish before the season" survivor league"Driving Miss Daisy Survivor League" "Rudy Memorial Survivor League" Or, maybe next year we forget about this silly on-line stuff and go with a mail-in draft.

Went RB 3 here, and a good non-conflicting bye week.QB: Culpepper (8), McNair (7) (I think this might be one of the best pairs, if not THE best, in TLSL)RB: Portis (8), Gore (7), Morency (5)WR: Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4), Keyshawn (9)TE: Crumpler (5)I think Morency will get more playing time, overall, than Lundy. Either way I think he significantly contributes and is a solid 3rd option, especially in Round 9.
Update:
Culpepper, Daunte MIA QB - 8McNair, Steve BAL QB - 7
I love this pair at QB.
Betts, Ladell WAS RB - 8Gore, Frank SFO RB - 7Morency, Vernand HOU RB - 5Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 8
Good value was left, even this late (see Musa Smith), but I had to get Portis insurance.
Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 9Caldwell, Reche NEP WR - 6Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR - 9Lloyd, Brandon WAS WR - 8Price, Peerless BUF WR - 8Smith, Rod DEN WR - 4
Great starting 3 in Boldin, Key and Rod Smith (PPR), but with 2 of 3 off week 9 I sealed my team's fate to 6 WRs. Not bad though. Caldwell, Lloyd and Peerless Price good values. Caldwell arguably the #1 in NE, for what that's worth, and the others are WR2s.
Crumpler, Alge ATL TE - 5Kinney, Erron TEN TE - 7
Crumpler IS the receiver in Atlanta. Don't even bother talking with me about ATL WRs until someone performs. Kinney is a PPR machine.
Akers, David PHI PK - 9Carney, John NOS PK - 7
Akers = :moneybag:Carney cheap insurance
Browns, Cleveland CLE Def - 6Redskins, Washington WAS Def - 8
Washington could be a Top 5 D easily this year. Cleveland has a good schedule.Nice draft everyone.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Chaos Commish said:
:hot: BnB, I had ONE player in my queue for the long long wait for the 3rd from last pick. I thought I was done with this draft. Nobody drafts Musa Smith. :angry:
That's a great pick this late. Nice pickup BnB.I needed 6 WRs though.
Surprised he was still sitting there. Paired with Mike Anderson who also came cheap, I'll have a postable score in case McGahee or Taylor miss time. I thought Smith had enough upside to pass on a second kicker. May be a mistake, but Graham and Smith could be difference makers. QB: Green, Big BenRB: Mcgahee, Taylor, Haynes, Anderson/SmithWR: CJ, Walker, Brown, Horn (SOD), HenryTE: Davis, Johnson, GrahamD: Chicago, IndyK: SeaBassIn hindsight I may have passed on Johnson for another WR.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Chaos Commish said:
:hot: BnB, I had ONE player in my queue for the long long wait for the 3rd from last pick. I thought I was done with this draft. Nobody drafts Musa Smith. :angry:
Surprised he was still sitting there. Paired with Mike Anderson who also came cheap, I'll have a postable score in case McGahee or Taylor miss time. I thought Smith had enough upside to pass on a second kicker. May be a mistake, but Graham and Smith could be difference makers. QB: Green, Big BenRB: Mcgahee, Taylor, Haynes, Anderson/SmithWR: CJ, Walker, Brown, Horn (SOD), HenryTE: Davis, Johnson, GrahamD: Chicago, IndyK: SeaBassIn hindsight I may have passed on Johnson for another WR.
Surprised to see you go with one kicker. I thought I remember you in past years often criticising people going with one PK or one DST. Was that you?

Jeff Pasquino said:
Chaos Commish said:
You messed up my sleeper TE when you took Johnson. He will easily outperform his ADP. I was able to get him late in most drafts I wanted him but noooooo, you had to screw that up. I hope your kicker gets leg cramps. :X

Favre, Brett GBP QB - 6

Vick, Michael ATL QB - 5

Obviously I did not invest early in QB. IMO, the difference between QBs in the middle bracket is minimal, and getting two of them should be sufficient. You either invest a lot in Manning, a fair amount in the Palmers, Bradys, etc of the world or you wait. These two were the 13th and 17th QB taken, and while I will be a couple points behind in some weeks, I don't think it will kill me. Those that bought QB early will be fine until their go-to guy has a poor outing, at which point they will need the rest of the team to step it up.

Addai, Joseph IND RB - 6

Bell, Mike DEN RB - 4

Bennett, Michael KCC RB - 3

Henry, Travis TEN RB - 7

Moats, Ryan PHI RB - 9

Certainly not a strong unit here either, but if Bell stays as starter (admittedly that's up in the air) and Addai grows into playing time I could get enough scoring to stay competitive. Henry might see a fair amount of action in TEN. And LJ can't get every carry in KC.

Berrian, Bernard CHI WR - 7

Booker, Marty MIA WR - 8

Brown, Troy NEP WR - 6

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 9

Mason, Derrick BAL WR - 7

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR - 4

Probably invested too much early on WR. Fitz should be at least a Top 10 WR. Mason won't be far behind in this format. Booker and Wilson should do better than predicted. Brown should benefit from Branch's absence and should do very well early until Branch returns, Gabriel picks up the system, or Jackson returns to health. I have no love for Berrian, but he is slated to start and getting him that late was a decent investment.

Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 3

Gates was Top 10 scoring overall last year and Top 15 the year before. Given the number of teams in the league he clearly has a lot more value in this format. So Gates will match the LTs and LJs of the world. So what I lack at RB gets made up here instead. Thought about taking another TE but realistically it would most likely be for a bye week filler. Even if he doesn't perform to last year's standards (and he shouldn't), he still has a ton of value vs the non-Top 10 TEs.

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 7

Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 6

They're kickers.

Jets, New York NYJ Def - 9

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

They're defenses.

Overall, this certainly is not the strongest team I've ever drafted and the lack of a true RB1 may become a problem. However, with the number of early round RB that bust, I'd rather hang my hat on Gates than a RB that could severely underperform and take less risk by investing a later pick on a RB.

This team looks better fit to hang around than it does to go the distance, but if I've learned anything in Survivor leagues the longer you do hang around, anything can happen.

Chaos Commish said:
Had him queued up as well for the last pick. :yes:

Team Family Matters:

QB: Warner (9)

QB: Simms (4)

RB: Jackson (7)

RB: Dunn (5)

RB: Brown (7)

RB: M.Moore (6)

WR: Ward (4)

WR: Edwards (6)

WR: Taylor (6)

WR: Porter (3)

WR: Curry (3)

WR: Gabriel (6)

WR: Welker (8)

TE: LJ Smith (9)

TE: Conwell (7)

PK: Feeley (4)

D/ST: Cinn (5)

D/ST STL (7)
I have conflicts with byes at week 6 and 7 but I think they can be overcome through depth. More WR's will help and hopefully I can grab another RB for some scoring later as well. I since drafted Moore, Welker, Curry & Gabriel so I think the bye weeks are now covered.

At QB I really like Warner. If healthy he could produce top 5 numbers. Simms may be inconsistent but I think he makes a solid #2.

At RB I fell fortunate to have 3 starters. So I should put up decent numbers most weeks.

WR is weaker than I like but you can always get some guys to play whereas RB's are a little more difficult to come up with later in the draft. Adding Porter will prove to be a great 10th round value as he will play in spite of his strained relationship.

Having Gabriel traded to NE created an opportunity to draft Curry. Welker was a bye week need.

TE is another one I'm happy with. Once Gates, Heap, Shockey and Gonzo were gone then I went to my sleeper option with LJ. Last year he was tracking top 3 until McNabb was injured. I expect he'll do similar if they both stay healthy. In fact the Stallworth addition means he'll get more looks so I'm good with that.

I was hoping Johnson would fall but he didn't so Conwell was my choice. Here's to hoping he stays healthy long enough to cover week 9.

So overall a team that will be competitive but nothing to get too excited about. If I can get by weeks 6 & 7 I should be ok until week 12/13 perhaps. After that it's good fortune and a healthy group to contend.
I updated my comments in blue above.I would not rank this team very high. While I may do ok I would be shocked to win the inagural TLSL. A couple of teams look strong but the best thing my team gas going is that there several teams that might do worse than mine. As David said, if you can get throught the first 10 weeks then anything is possible. Sadly, that's my best hope now. :D

Jeff Pasquino said:
Wow Peerless Price is sick value this late, even if he is a Bill...I had 2 other WRs cued (I'll drop names when we're done).Stick a fork in me, I'm done....
Wraith - good pick. Fergie was one of my two..... waiting to see if #2 goes.
I had him queued for like 5 rounds at least. But when the defense and kicker runs happened, it kept pushing him back more and more. I just about nabbed him in the 16th, but the news of Jennings being the starter along with Driver made me decide to go elsewhere... probably still should have grabbed him, but ahh well...

TLSL

JPlummer 4

JKitna 8

CChambers 8

DDriver 6

KCurtis 7

BJohnson 9

MColston 7

TCarter 4

LJohnson 3

CDillon 6

LMaroney 6

JNorwood 5

BTroupe 7

MLewis 6

Carolina 9

Oakland 3

Elam 4

Graham 5

I like this team. I wouldve waited for rb 2, 3 and 4 seeing as how I couldve grabbed decent value there very late in the draft. I havent seen that happen in most of the survivors Ive been in this year though. I think I have good balance but not the greatest depth:

1 Top 10 qb

2 Top 10 WRs

1 Top 5 RB

1 Top 5 Def

2 Top 5 kickers (who can tell really)

I like my chances. My wr 3-6 will determine how long I stick around IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had crayton hurd colbert queued after carterwent with carters early bye and the fact that he only has a recovering from injury rookie to compete with
From what I have read, he has looked pretty good so far. If Moss were healthy though, there is no way Carter gets a shot. We'll see if Sinorice ever gets healthy...

Jeff Pasquino said:
Chaos Commish said:
Surprised to see you go with one kicker. I thought I remember you in past years often criticising people going with one PK or one DST. Was that you?
Probably was me. Better one kicker (assuming he stays healthy, then one defense). The problem was that Graham and Smith were screaming "value" at me. NE will run a lot of multiple TE sets with their WR mess and Graham will surprise people with his numbers. I'm thinking a Kinney/Troupe or a Wiggins/Kleinsasser situation from years past. Smith really shored up my RB position bye preventing me from taking a donut during the other RB byes. I think I can pretty much count on 5 points a week from either Anderson/Smith.

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB

** If Bledsoe can stay healthy, I have faith he'll be productive. He quietly put up numbers last year, and with TO there, he should be doing even better. I thought about taking Romo, too, but it would have taken up a roster spot I didn't want to give up, and someone else took him well before I would have. Brees should do well, too. Their defense will give up a lot of points, so he'll be forced to play from behind a lot. For when I got these two, I'm happy.

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

** A bit iffy. Rudi should be solid. I think McAllister will be a great value for me. Outside of that, I'm thin. Turner will have a decent game every now and then, as SD tries to keep LT fresh. He'll also get garbage time, and he is explosive. Jones-Drew was perhaps a mistake. I know some like him a lot, and behind Fragile Taylor, that's not a bad thing. But he's not even the clear #2 guy yet in Jax. I thought seriously about taking Toefield near the end to solidify the #2 and #3 spots in Jax, but decided to give myself more depth at WR instead.

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Lewis, Greg PHI WR

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Randle El, Antwaan WAS WR

** Not flashy, but I like it. Harrison should be solid again. McCardell and Kennison aren't your big name guys that get it done every single week, but they are both #1's and should put up respectable #'s. Henderson might be a surprise with the departure of Stallworth. Randle-El and Lewis were 17th and 18th round picks, but I think both will have a few good games and help fill in from time to time.

Pope, Leonard ARI TE

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

** Shockey should be solid. With this scoring system, I'm happy to have gotten him. Pope was a late round flyer, as there was hardly anything left at TE. I think in that offense, he'll have a surprise game or two and help out. He's more needed for the bye week (assuming I get to Week 4).

Koenen, Michael ATL PK

Vanderjagt, Mike DAL PK

** Decent value. If Vandy can stay healthy, Parcells will use him early and often. Koenen has emerged as the starter in ATL, and will be used a lot.

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

** The Ravens still have a tough tough defense and should put up points. The Pack are only needed for a few weeks...

Overall, not the best in the league, I think, but still competitive...

A 12 point spread between the first place team and 10th. That's what I call a well balanced draft.
Where's the scores?
Team Tot Back 6. ffweasel 138 0 3. Yudkin 134 4 11. Sinrman 132 6 12. Arowhead Ambush 132 6 7. Radballs 131 7 16. Family Matters 131 7 4. All In 128 10 10. Chaos Commish 127 11 14. Screamin Funbags 125 13 8. Jeff Pasquino 122 16 1. Renesauz 116 22 15. gocats 113 25 5. BassNBrew 107 31 13. wraith5 98 40 2. Fiddles 97 41 9. Out - Rush 89 49 I dodged a bullet wk 1 - I better hope Steve Smith heals up but quick!

Jeff Pasquino said:
Chaos Commish said:
Family Matters said:
Chaos Commish said:
A 12 point spread between the first place team and 10th. That's what I call a well balanced draft.
Where's the scores?
Twilight hosts these.www.ffplace.com
Sorry but I thought everyone knew. I posted it early in the thread so I thought all knew that. CC-I forgot you've never played in our survivor leagues before or I would've reposted.

Users who are viewing this thread