What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TNF - Cowboys @ Titans (+13.5, 40.5) (1 Viewer)

Not excited to be rolling out all of Lamb, Elliott, and DAL DST for this one, but what are you going to with a number of other games that also mean little to nothing. I think I would settle for 20 combined points out of Lamb & Elliott, and then I need the Cowboys DST to go off in a big way to make me whole for the opening round of the championship.

Prediction: This is going to be one of the worst football games the NFL has ever put on a field.

Tales will be told for generations of the crapfest we are all about to witness.

And I hope I’m wrong because imma watch every minute of it.

Is it possible to beat Arizona-Tampa last week?

Dallas implied total 27 to 12.5

Lamb O/U is 5.5 for 72.5. Hammer the under?

Everything but Zeke Over

So God help me, in addition to being forced to sit Henry in championship week, I think I'm about to 86 Lamb from my lineup in favor of Godwin.

I think I'm moving forward with Zeke and DAL DST and calling it a day for this god-awful fantasy scenario. I don't even feel all that confident in Zeke, but not sitting him with Henry out.

Everything but Zeke Over

So God help me, in addition to being forced to sit Henry in championship week, I think I'm about to 86 Lamb from my lineup in favor of Godwin.

I think I'm moving forward with Zeke and DAL DST and calling it a day for this god-awful fantasy scenario. I don't even feel all that confident in Zeke, but not sitting him with Henry out.
I’d play Godwin. I’m considering getting Maher out for Gould but not sure yet.

I am surprised that every fantasy analyst have Lamb as a top 5-9 play. Doesn’t he produce best in shootouts or playing catch-up.

Everything but Zeke Over

I’d play Godwin. I’m considering getting Maher out for Gould but not sure yet.

I am surprised that every fantasy analyst have Lamb as a top 5-9 play. Doesn’t he produce best in shootouts or playing catch-up.

Lamb could very well tear it up for a quarter and a half against a JV defense, but I already feel less woozy having made the decision not to play him. It sucks, and I think he's still startable for anyone that doesn't have great alternatives. However, I didn't build a team with good depth to put the blinders on and hope for the best in a game that clearly has all the makings of terrible ceiling and floor for anyone involved in the passing game.

It was definitely the rankings of analysts that I trust that put me into the mindset that I have to start my stud. But I'm with you, any notion that this is a top 10 play seems like a Tuesday morning decision with a stud WR that has been lights out in recent weeks. On a Thursday afternoon knowing what we now know, this is not a top 10 WR play this week, even though it could work out.

anyone have the gonads to start Malik Davis tonight? lol He’s looked good in limited work and with Dallas most likely dominating, I can see him getting a lot of work in the 2nd half

It was definitely the rankings of analysts that I trust that put me into the mindset that I have to start my stud. But I'm with you, any notion that this is a top 10 play seems like a Tuesday morning decision with a stud WR that has been lights out in recent weeks

Way to use your brass ones. I'm about to pull that trigger with Davante Adams. Or at least heavily thinking about it. The trades have him rated highly even with Stidham, and I'm talking about rankings that come with reasons.

As far as Dallas goes, I'm starting Zeke with trepidation. I don't think this a "to the moon" start, regardless of what people are saying. I view a pedestrian score as probably the best he'll do. I've got him at 16-64 and hopefully a touchdown to make it all worth it.

We shall see.

Everything but Zeke Over

I’m considering getting Maher out for Gould but not sure yet.

I personally would feel okay with Maher if the weather is fine. DAL as the big favorite will keep the gamescript intact until the end. Dallas will have every reason just to plop another 3 points on to the pile and make TEN's scrub QB match it. Yeah, a lot of running and milking of the clock, but I think Maher is a pretty solid play tonight.

That said, I think Gould is a fine pivot. That's a tough kicker call, but this probably makes a lot of sense if your instinct is to run for hills on all things Titans-Cowboys.

anyone have the gonads to start Malik Davis tonight? lol He’s looked good in limited work and with Dallas most likely dominating, I can see him getting a lot of work in the 2nd half
I think he's a fine play in daily. Frankly, I'm not over the moon on Zeke, even though I think he's a decent start. But I'm expecting no more carries for Elliott than what he has been getting. I do think Malik picks up the extra workload vacated by Pollard, and maybe even some of Zeke's too.

Don't make me watch this game...

I can have WHAT during the game?
You'll let me do WHAT after the game?

O.K...

Irving- 30
Nashville- 10

As a contrarian view, does Dobbs starting prop up the Titans passing game a little? Everyone assumes the Titans will still just run and punt and get out of here as fast as they can. But if that’s the case, why start Dobbs tonight over Malik? Dobbs isn’t good, but he’s been around a while and probably is a better passer than Malik is at this point. Neither team really has anything to play for, but I could see this as a little bit of a test that the Titans see if they can generate any kind of a passing game tonight, and if they have any success perhaps they start Dobbs against Jacksonville next week? I don’t see them beating the Jags with Malik starting.

I‘m probably overthinking it.

I have other options besides Lamb but I keep checking his Vegas line and if that hits I’ll be ok.

PPR have to bench 2.

Lamb
K. Allen
Stevenson
Hopkins
DK Metcalf
Godwin

I think it's a situation where Malik clearly is not ready and they don't want to completely crush his confidence. Just my spit take for why Malik Willis isn't getting this start. That's what I was expecting.

Not interested in any Titans contrarian plays tonight. Malik Davis is a real one though, if you're desperate enough at RB.

How much is it Zeke to the moon with Pollard and half of the Titans roster out?
I'm wondering the same thing. I thought he'd be a slam dunk with Pollard out against a terrible D in a game that matters. But the vibe I'm getting around here is pretty meh on him. Was ready to swap him in for Etienne but now I'm wavering.

For context and for anybody debating Zeke, I've sort of got to start him. I need to start two RBs and my other viable starters are M. Sanders and D. Foreman, both of whom have huge question marks (one being questionable to play right now, the other a boom/bust candidate for sure). So that's why I'm rolling with Zeke. Don't want to steer anybody wrong.

Not excited to be rolling out all of Lamb, Elliott, and DAL DST for this one, but what are you going to with a number of other games that also mean little to nothing. I think I would settle for 20 combined points out of Lamb & Elliott, and then I need the Cowboys DST to go off in a big way to make me whole for the opening round of the championship.
isn't Pollard out? if so i could see Elliott putting up some real good numbers. Dal DST should get some great pts too depending on your scoring system

It was definitely the rankings of analysts that I trust that put me into the mindset that I have to start my stud. But I'm with you, any notion that this is a top 10 play seems like a Tuesday morning decision with a stud WR that has been lights out in recent weeks

Way to use your brass ones. I'm about to pull that trigger with Davante Adams. Or at least heavily thinking about it. The trades have him rated highly even with Stidham, and I'm talking about rankings that come with reasons.

As far as Dallas goes, I'm starting Zeke with trepidation. I don't think this a "to the moon" start, regardless of what people are saying. I view a pedestrian score as probably the best he'll do. I've got him at 16-64 and hopefully a touchdown to make it all worth it.

We shall see.

This is exactly where I am on Zeke. I don't have the luxury of burning 2 of my top 3 RBs Thursday night, so he starts. However, I'm starting to think it could be 12 to 13 carries with a lot of action to Malik Davis. Going to hope the fantasy Gods throw us a bone for this terrible plight and give us another Zeke 1st half TD.

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought he'd be a slam dunk with Pollard out against a terrible D in a game that matters. But the vibe I'm getting around here is pretty meh on him. Was ready to swap him in for Etienne but now I'm wavering.
What is it with all y’all people?!

If I had Zeke it would be my easiest call of the week!

Finally, Pollard out of the way, Zeke with a full workload against half of an uninspired Titans D!! THIS IS WHAT YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Why is every Zeke owner suddenly getting cold feet about him when y’all were willing to roll him out as a part time player in a RBBC?!

THIS IS YOUR MOMENT! Carpe TF Diem, y’all!

isn't Pollard out? if so i could see Elliott putting up some real good numbers. Dal DST should get some great pts too depending on your scoring system

I feel great about DAL DST, but nothing is ever a given at that position.

I'm okay with Zeke given the alternatives. But I do think there's a scenario where he doesn't get to 10 carries and this really is the Malik Davis show tonight. Hopefully there's enough fight for an unlikely shot at the division title that I'm wrong and we see plenty of Zeke.

I did add Malik Davis (dropping Haskins). I haven't made the switch for Zeke yet, but the night is young.

I like Dallas D/St - real chance to pitch a shutout.

I do not love DAL IDP players. 3-and-outs are not conducive to big individual stats like tackles.

Maybe a pick & some sacks, but I wouldn’t be comfortable with any DAL IDP player. I expect Dallas to dominate TOP.

I'll say Dallas wins 37-10. I think the Cowboys starters play more than people think, especially Dak/Lamb. Zeke might get pulled a little early (especially with Pollard already hurt) but should still see 15ish touches and get a TD.

Finally, Pollard out of the way, Zeke with a full workload against half of an uninspired Titans D!! THIS IS WHAT YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Why is every Zeke owner suddenly getting cold feet about him when y’all were willing to roll him out as a part time player in a RBBC?!

For me, this has all the makings of a JV game. Zeke is not a JV player.

That said, I'm currently planning to start him. My only hope is that Dallas has not quit on the division. I guess Zeke is reasonably safe as long as Dak is starting, so you're probably right. Week 17 paranoia is definitely at max power right now. I'm sure we all have too many memories of being burned out of the gate on a Thursday night game in the fantasy playoffs, and I'm fighting like hell to avoid it.

When I looked at BetMGM earlier to put a parlay together the lowest yardage total they had for Prescott was 200+.

It has now shifted to 170+.

Not sure what that means, but makes me wary that if Dallas gets a lead Prescott gets pulled early.

Last edited:

For me, this has all the makings of a JV game. Zeke is not a JV player.

That said, I'm currently planning to start him. My only hope is that Dallas has not quit on the division. I guess Zeke is reasonably safe as long as Dak is starting, so you're probably right. Week 17 paranoia is definitely at max power right now. I'm sure we all have too many memories of being burned out of the gate on a Thursday night game in the fantasy playoffs, and I'm fighting like hell to avoid it.
Oh, I’m glad I have no one playing in this game for sure.

But I can’t imagine Zeke being a problem.

The one part i’d be a little concerned with is getting up 30 & seeing starters rested at halftime, but if that’s the case I’d have to think Zeke was a big part of that.

What’s a “good” start? 100+ RuYd, 1TD, ~4 receptions?

I’ll take the over.

I'll say Dallas wins 37-10. I think the Cowboys starters play more than people think, especially Dak/Lamb. Zeke might get pulled a little early (especially with Pollard already hurt) but should still see 15ish touches and get a TD.
That’s where I’m at with this one.

When I looked at BetMGM earlier to put a parlay together the lowest yardage total they had for Prescott was 200+.

Not sure what that means, but makes we wary that if Dallas gets a lead Prescott gets pulled early.
Thanks for making me feel better about sitting Lamb. Could very well backfire, but it's at least comforting when the Vegas insiders are seeing things the same way.

Not sure what that means, but makes we wary that if Dallas gets a lead Prescott gets pulled early.
Thanks for making me feel better about sitting Lamb. Could very well backfire, but it's at least comforting when the Vegas insiders are seeing things the same way.
Who are your other options at WR/Flex?

Who are your other options at WR/Flex?
I can go to Godwin vs Carolina for the division. Absolutely hate sitting Lamb as good as he has been, but If I can pivot to Godwin in a non-screwy game that's being played for the division, I will take that.

When I seen an over/under of 170 for Dak, I'm interpreting that as expect 67% of what you would normally expect for Lamb in this game. That's playable, but I will take Godwin. If something goes wrong for one of my other starters, I can still pivot to AJ Dillon, Waddle, Goedert, or Knight in the flex.

Users who are viewing this thread