What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**TNF on Prime Video - Patriots at Steelers** (-6, 30) 8:15 (2 Viewers)

These low scoring snore fests usually go against the grain and end up being decent scoring but I don't think so in this one. Too many injured and too many that just suck. 5-0 final this week.

These low scoring snore fests usually go against the grain and end up being decent scoring but I don't think so in this one. Too many injured and too many that just suck. 5-0 final this week.
This game will be over 30.5.. I expect something like 27-17 Pittsburgh

Harris and Warren will both have TD runs, Frieremuth will have a TD reception.
Johnson will have 5-8 grabs and a tad under 100 yards.

Zeke will score, and NE will get a ST/D TD

New England defense has allowed 26 points in the last 3 games combined. They ain't the problem.

Only way it goes over is if PIT rolls on offense. Could happen if NE turns it over and there are some short fields.

Hard for me to see NE doing anything here. Rhamandre out, Pop Douglass still with a head issue, think D. Parker banged up as usual too. Only hope is if Mitch hands it over to NE a couple times. And I bet that's what Bill will plan on.

Have a feeling both coaches will play to minimize mistakes. Team that gets the turnovers and potentially a defensive score wins.

PIT 16
NE 6

There needs to be a 30 for 30 on how the Pats offense was actually better under Matt Patricia.
I don't think teams really lose on purpose, but I can't see any way Bill wants to win these last few games. This has Wemby/Pops written all over it as Bill could land Williams or Maye and boy do they need it.

I don’t even know if I can watch this one. Although I’m intrigued to see what Mitch does tonight with what may be his last shot to win a starting job.

This might be the first Thursday game I forget is on. This will show the power of the NFL because it will still be the highest rated show for the night.

Vegas is begging people to take the over in this with a really low total of 30, but it won't go over. Give me the under and Pats +6 in a boring game.

Steelers 14
Pats 10

There needs to be a 30 for 30 on how the Pats offense was actually better under Matt Patricia.
I don't think teams really lose on purpose, but I can't see any way Bill wants to win these last few games. This has Wemby/Pops written all over it as Bill could land Williams or Maye and boy do they need it.

I wish it were true but I feel strongly it's not...this is who they are...a team with a horrible offense and it was built to be horrible this offseason...secondly, I don't think BB is onboard with tanking...it is not who he is and I don't think he will be there next year so it won't matter to him.

I'll take whatever you're smoking. Seriously I hope you're right but I see a 13-6 game and the winner will be whoever gets the pick 6.

30 point over under has got to be the most pathetic line I've ever seen lol
Jax/Cle is sitting at 30.5 right now and there has been damn near one close to 30 point o/u each of the past few weekends. Offense is ugly for a large majority of the league.

That said I have $ on the under :bag:

Last edited:
The implied final score based on the over/under and spread would be PIT 18, NE 12. The Pats haven't come close to scoring or allowing those point totals in about a month. The Steelers also have struggled to score their projected total for almost a month . . . and that was with their starting QB. It's a short week, NE's skilled players are all injured, the 3 games Trubisky has played in this season the Steelers have averaged 8.7 ppg, and the most PIT has won a game by this season has only been by 7 points. It's hard to see how this game goes over 30 points and hard to Invision the Steelers covering. But that's why they play the games. This has snoozefest written all over it.

An old school crappy matchup Thursday Night Football game.
Retro.
Somebody will score....I think...besides the kickers...

Team That Used to Have Terry Bradshaw at QB- 23
Team That Used to Have Tom Brady at QB- 16

Big game for the Pats with regard to the draft…right now they are sitting at #2…their last 5 games are at Pitt, KC, at Buffalo, at Denver and NYJ…I cannot picture anyway they win against KC or on the road against the Bills or Broncos…that leaves two possible wins…tonight and week 18 hosting the Jets…if they win 1 they are still guaranteed a top 3 pick and if they lose out they are guaranteed #2 and have a chance at #1…for those not familiar with Pats history the turnaround from being a train wreck franchise actually began with the Parcells’ hire and taking Bledsoe #1 (as well as Kraft buying the team)…it is kind of gross rooting against your team but the best path to turning this around is losing out this season.

One would think the Pats are in full tank mode. I don't know what that means because the players will try. But you know with all your heart BB wants Caleb or Drake.

One would think the Pats are in full tank mode. I don't know what that means because the players will try. But you know with all your heart BB wants Caleb or Drake.

BB wants a long-snapper from Wesleyan or a Safety from Youngstown State that runs a 4.7 40 but is good on special teams and is a 3-year Captain whose Grandfather coached with BB when he coached the Detroit Lions in the 70's... not just directed at you but if BB's plan was to tank the plan of holding teams to 10 or less points 3 games in a row doesn't seem like a smart one.

I can see some terrible calls to try and prop up the scoring. That's the only thing worrying me about the under

BB wants a long-snapper from Wesleyan or a Safety from Youngstown State that runs a 4.7 40 but is good on special teams and is a 3-year Captain whose Grandfather coached with BB when he coached the Detroit Lions in the 70's... not just directed at you but if BB's plan was to tank the plan of holding teams to 10 or less points 3 games in a row doesn't seem like a smart one.
The Jets aren't that far behind the Patriots. They face HOU, MIA. WAS, CLE, and NE. Trying 100% they could lose those games, and with their QB situation being on par with the Pats', they could end up with the 4th pick in the draft if they lose out. They could be in position to draft a potential franchise QB (not that they've hit on one lately) to groom behind Rodgers for a year. The Week 18 Pats / Jets clash could be a total tankathon for both teams.

The Jets aren't that far behind the Patriots. They face HOU, MIA. WAS, CLE, and NE. Trying 100% they could lose those games, and with their QB situation being on par with the Pats', they could end up with the 4th pick in the draft if they lose out. They could be in position to draft a potential franchise QB (not that they've hit on one lately) to groom behind Rodgers for a year. The Week 18 Pats / Jets clash could be a total tankathon for both teams.

They are 2 games behind...which is why tonight is a big one because I don't see them having a chance against KC-Buffalo-Denver...win tonight and that Jets game can become potentially franchise-altering to one of them.

They are 2 games behind...which is why tonight is a big one because I don't see them having a chance against KC-Buffalo-Denver...win tonight and that Jets game can become potentially franchise-altering to one of them.
Still shocking that the Jets spent three Top 5 picks on QBs in the past 15 years and really didn't hit on any of them (Wilson, Darnold, and Sanchez). The one guy they drafted that turned into a decent starter (Geno Smith) did so on another franchise. Curious if they would actually go QB again if they had an early pick.

Still shocking that the Jets spent three Top 5 picks on QBs in the past 15 years and really didn't hit on any of them (Wilson, Darnold, and Sanchez). Curious if they would actually go QB again if they had an early pick.
They just signed their QB of the future 2 days ago.

Curious if they would actually go QB again if they had an early pick.
Curious why you would think a past failure would keep a GM from drafting a franchise QB?

Unless Rodgers steps in of course

Users who are viewing this thread