What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF on Prime Video - Seahawks 6-5 at Cowboys 8-3*** (-9, 47) 8:15 (1 Viewer)

The play actually would have worked except the RB didn't turn his head fast enough and ran into another D-lineman.

Also bad play by Geno to spike it at his feet like you would on a screen that's blow up in the middle of the game. Would have actually had a shot had he just floated it out towards the sidelines in the direction the RB was moving.

The play actually would have worked except the RB didn't turn his head fast enough and ran into another D-lineman.

Also bad play by Geno to spike it at his feet like you would on a screen that's blow up in the middle of the game. Would have actually had a shot had he just floated it out towards the sidelines in the direction the RB was moving.
Poor execution absolutely. But that's why a screen like that is high risk vs a fierce jail break.

It has to go perfectly with zero wiggle.....on 4th down and 3 you gotta dial up yer best dig and slant routes.

Tough spot there.

Dallas was locked in a fierce, sloppy battle at home vs. a team that in all likelihood will not make the playoffs.

For my money, you can keep the "They got the W..." rah rah stuff.

Dallas was locked in a fierce, sloppy battle at home vs. a team that in all likelihood will not make the playoffs.

Can’t win by 21 every week in the NFL. Say what you want about Seattle, they got embarrassed by SF and came back with their best game. They have weapons.

I love how the narrative always changes for Dallas. It’s exhausting. No wins against winning team. Dak sucks. Blah blah blah. It literally never ends.

They are a good team. Not perfect by any means.

Can’t win by 21 every week in the NFL. Say what you want about Seattle, they got embarrassed by SF and came back with their best game. They have weapons.

I love how the narrative always changes for Dallas. It’s exhausting. No wins against winning team. Dak sucks. Blah blah blah. It literally never ends.

1a, 1b, 1c between the Eagles, Niners and Cowboys in the NFC. The team that makes it through will likely be the one that doesn’t have a significant injury.

No wins against winning team.

That's still the case and I'm neutral about Dallas. I honestly like them better than Philadelphia and Washington (that was because of their owner, though). But they sort of seem like pretenders a bit. I don't want to bash Dak, because that's silly, but their run defense is suspect. When teams aren't having to throw every down and are able to establish a ground game at all, they can easily hang with Dallas.

And even though I have him in my main league, which is IDP, I think Parsons is just a touch overhyped. He's not a run defender whatsoever when he lines up how they line him up. And I get that his role is different than it would be if he were a traditional DL or EDGE LB. He's the LEO in Dan Quinn's defense, which is different. But he's just a touch overhyped, IMO. TJ Watt is a better all-around EDGE defender. Bosa is a better DL.

Last edited:
This Thursday night game had soooo many ticky tack penalties. Both sides. It seemed as there was a run of penalties on every other play in the first half. How do people without a dog in the fight find game play enjoyable?

I'm fine with the fact Seattle ran out of gas and ability with Geno to not make a 4th quarter win.

But man, refs have been extra aggressive on making for pathetic viewing enjoyment.

This Thursday night game had soooo many ticky tack penalties. Both sides. It seemed as there was a run of penalties on every other play in the first half. How do people without a dog in the fight find game play enjoyable?

Awful. Al Michaels, who is way, way past his prime, intoned that he was going to stop calling the game and let the officials do it. He was actually spot-on saying that. Everything was a confirmation or announcement by the officials of new down and distance.

Either both teams were committing penalties every down (which can happen) or the officials were especially flag-heavy tonight. I think it was the latter.

It’s funny really. It’s all good though. A win is a win and that’s all that matters in the end

On to Philly

Poor execution absolutely. But that's why a screen like that is high risk vs a fierce jail break.

It has to go perfectly with zero wiggle.....on 4th down and 3 you gotta dial up yer best dig and slant routes.

Tough spot there.

That's not a scheme that puts the Seahawk players in a position to win. Needed a quick hot route.

Seattle had the right game plan overall but poor execution in critical moments. Tyler Lockett had two bad drops.

Just the fifth time since 1960 an NFL game had zero punts.

Officials ruined the flow of the game, ridiculous amount of laundry.

Maybe. I watched some breakdowns of it and get the idea. Parsons is just so fast and athletic, I'd never call something like that when you need the 1st.

41-35 victories taste almost as good if ot better than the 40-3 blowouts.
I thought it was one of the more entertaining games, especially for a TNF match up
NFL fans were drooling at times last night
DK Metcalf put on a show
Everyone got their money's worth

This is simply who Dallas is this season, in that sort of "middle zone" of the league... they are right at about Seattle's level. WAAAAY better than bad teams, not nearly as good as the good teams.

*Might* win a playoff game? Certainly no more than that. No way.
Dallas and Miami are profoundly similar this season.
Christmas Eve should be mighty entertaining.
This post has aged well.

Users who are viewing this thread