What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TO was traded, not released (1 Viewer)

corpcow

Footballguy
Just something I couldn't stop laughing at. Where do they find these people?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/11/jones-not-...ash-on-cowboys/

As the Dallas Cowboys’ trade of wide receiver Terrell Owens to the Buffalo Bills continues to be dissected from every angle, new background pieces of what went into the deal continue to surface. But before the latest, here’s a look back at the recent blog posts on Owens.

In a mostly Owens-focused interview with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas/Fort Worth on Wednesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he wasn’t concerned with a possible locker-room fallout from the trade. In fact, he believes it might have the opposite impact.

“You know, I’m not [concerned],” Jones said. “Actually, it’s been kind of the opposite from that. I think that the idea is, ‘Boy, if someone with the substance of T.O. [gets cut], they can go on down the line. It’s for sure I need to be taking care of my business, certainly have a team concept and have my own improvement as a player and what I can do to help the team win.’ Maybe it’s an eye-opener or a motivational thing in a positive way.”

Aside from the above, not much new came out of the interview. Jones said difficult decisions show a commitment to winning. He lauded Roy Williams and his factor in the trade, along with giving opportunities to the Cowboys’ younger wide receivers. Jones also said he didn’t view the Owens trade as a risky decision. Some time was devoted to talking about Igor Olshansky replacing Chris Canty at defensive end. Jones said he was “excited” about the addition of Jon Kitna behind Tony Romo … and that the development of his quarterback was at the forefront of the decision to trade T.O.

That’s the latest out of Dallas.
:kicksrock: :lmao: :lmao: :tumbleweed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade for a compensatory pick?

nevermind that, they won't even get a comp pick. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread