What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady plays the disrespect card (1 Viewer)

Brady has always taken responsibility for his team's losses, although there have only been 20 in five years, so they may be hard for you to remember.

Regardless, I'd rather have him looking pissed after a loss, then snapping off six wins in the next seven games, than have him take Manning's hangdog "I'll never beat them" look during a game.
Taking responsibility for losses is one thing. Acting like a baby and pitching a fit after losses is another. Brady's reaction to Schottenheimer earlier this season was a perfect example of how he is incapable of taking criticism. Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his true colors show.
I'm just wondering if crybaby Brady will refuse to answer the media's questions again after another loss to the Colts.
:goodposting: Yeah, as mouthy as the Pats were after beating Indy in the playoffs the last two years, it spoke volumes that they were awfully quiet after the Colts stomped them in Foxboro.
I dunno. When most media think the back-to-back champs aren't making it out of the second round, you might call that a bit of disrespect.
Actually, disrespect is everyone not giving a 12-4 team a chance of being a 10-6 team in the first round. Disrespect is barely talking about a 13-3 number 2 seed. Maybe if NE hadn't gotten stomped by the majority of the good teams they faced this season, they would get enough respect to keep the Golden Boy happy.

Brady has always taken responsibility for his team's losses, although there have only been 20 in five years, so they may be hard for you to remember. 

Regardless, I'd rather have him looking pissed after a loss, then snapping off six wins in the next seven games, than have him take Manning's hangdog "I'll never beat them" look during a game.
Taking responsibility for losses is one thing. Acting like a baby and pitching a fit after losses is another. Brady's reaction to Schottenheimer earlier this season was a perfect example of how he is incapable of taking criticism. Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his true colors show.
I'm just wondering if crybaby Brady will refuse to answer the media's questions again after another loss to the Colts.
:goodposting: Yeah, as mouthy as the Pats were after beating Indy in the playoffs the last two years, it spoke volumes that they were awfully quiet after the Colts stomped them in Foxboro.
I dunno.  When most media think the back-to-back champs aren't making it out of the second round, you might call that a bit of disrespect.
Actually, disrespect is everyone not giving a 12-4 team a chance of being a 10-6 team in the first round. Disrespect is barely talking about a 13-3 number 2 seed. Maybe if NE hadn't gotten stomped by the majority of the good teams they faced this season, they would get enough respect to keep the Golden Boy happy.
Yes, pompous ### Colts fans (pats haters) enjoy your moment in the sun while you can but amateur hour is just about over. The playoffs are here and that means it's just about time for choke artist qb Pay-Me-Tons to wet his pants AGAIN. So get your shots in while u can but do urself a favor and don't stray too far from the rock you usually hide under. Don't get too discouraged, when the Colts lose AGAIN this year Polian will whine to the league office and get them to change some more rules ;) If he can just get the league to agree to two hand touch Pay-Me-Tons an Co might have a chance :excited:

Amateur hour :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno. When most media think the back-to-back champs aren't making it out of the second round, you might call that a bit of disrespect.
Yes, pompous ### Colts fans enjoy your moment in the sun while you can but amateur hour is just about over. The playoffs are here and that means it's just about time for choke artist qb Pay-Me-Tons to wet his pants AGAIN. So get your shots in while u can but do urself a favor and don't stray too far from the rock you usually hide under. Don't worry, when the Colts lose AGAIN this year you can count on Polian to whine to the league and get them to change some more rules ;) If he can just get the league to agree to two hand touch Pay-Me-Tons an Co might have a chance :excited:

I am not a Colts fan. Please let me know when you have a clue what you are talking about.

I dunno.  When most media think the back-to-back champs aren't making it out of the second round, you might call that a bit of disrespect.
Yes, pompous ### Colts fans enjoy your moment in the sun while you can but amateur hour is just about over. The playoffs are here and that means it's just about time for choke artist qb Pay-Me-Tons to wet his pants AGAIN. So get your shots in while u can but do urself a favor and don't stray too far from the rock you usually hide under. Don't worry, when the Colts lose AGAIN this year you can count on Polian to whine to the league and get them to change some more rules ;) If he can just get the league to agree to two hand touch Pay-Me-Tons an Co might have a chance :excited:

I am not a Colts fan. Please let me know when you have a clue what you are talking about.
Clue?Clueless is saying something as foolish as "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

Tom Brady's true colors did show this year and that is why he may very well end up as the leagus MVP. Most people who have a clue know this to be fact ;)

Clue?

Clueless is saying something as foolish as "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

Tom Brady's true colors did show this year and that is why he may very well end up as the leagus MVP. Most people who have a clue know this to be fact ;)
First off, it was clueless of you to just jump into this thread and assume I am a Colts fans just because I was saying something critical of Tom Brady.Second, I am well aware of Tom Brady's greatness on the football field as a quarterback. I think he is the best money QB in the league.

Lastly, I think he has not handled himself well this year with losing and such. He got all bent out of shape when Schottenheimer suggested that maybe injuries were catching up to New England (which was correct). He refused to talk to reporters after the beatdown at the hands of the Colts (but he is always there to smile and talk after wins, isn't he?). And now, him whining about the Pats being disrespected is just absurd. Heck, even Wilbon and Kornheiser (sp?) on PTI earlier were saying how stupid he sounded and they usually worship at his feet.

My comments about Brady in this thread have nothing to do with his play on the field. They are about how he has handled himself with the media and such this season. They always say you see someone's true colors when the chips are down. Anyone can act all great and humble when things are going your way, but when things are not going your way, those who handle themselves with grace are to be admired. I do not think Brady has handled himself that well in that area this year. That is my point. If you disagree, that is fine. But to just jump into this thread and starting calling me (or anyone) clueless without actually addressing the points I (or anyone else) am making really does not add anything to this thread except to give NE fans (of which there are many here and a lot of them are cool and realistic about their team) a bad name.

Yes, pompous ### Colts fans (pats haters) enjoy your moment in the sun while you can but amateur hour is just about over. The playoffs are here and that means it's just about time for choke artist qb Pay-Me-Tons to wet his pants AGAIN. So get your shots in while u can but do urself a favor and don't stray too far from the rock you usually hide under. Don't get too discouraged, when the Colts lose AGAIN this year Polian will whine to the league office and get them to change some more rules ;) If he can just get the league to agree to two hand touch Pay-Me-Tons an Co might have a chance :excited:

:lmao: at a Pats fan calling Colts fans pompous ###es! :lmao: :lmao:

Clue?

Clueless is saying something as foolish as "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

First off, it was clueless of you to just jump into this thread and assume I am a Colts fans just because I was saying something critical of Tom Brady.Second, I am well aware of Tom Brady's greatness on the football field as a quarterback. I think he is the best money QB in the league.

Lastly, I think he has not handled himself well this year with losing and such. He got all bent out of shape when Schottenheimer suggested that maybe injuries were catching up to New England (which was correct). He refused to talk to reporters after the beatdown at the hands of the Colts (but he is always there to smile and talk after wins, isn't he?). And now, him whining about the Pats being disrespected is just absurd. Heck, even Wilbon and Kornheiser (sp?) on PTI earlier were saying how stupid he sounded and they usually worship at his feet.

My comments about Brady in this thread have nothing to do with his play on the field. They are about how he has handled himself with the media and such this season. They always say you see someone's true colors when the chips are down. Anyone can act all great and humble when things are going your way, but when things are not going your way, those who handle themselves with grace are to be admired. I do not think Brady has handled himself that well in that area this year. That is my point. If you disagree, that is fine. But to just jump into this thread and starting calling me (or anyone) clueless without actually addressing the points I (or anyone else) am making really does not add anything to this thread except to give NE fans (of which there are many here and a lot of them are cool and realistic about their team) a bad name.
A "good posting" sign isn't good enough for Ghost Rider's response here.Talk about a pompous Patriot fan being owned, lol.

:excellent posting:

It really doesn't matter if any of us believe they are being disrespected or whether they are or are not actually being disrespected, it only matters if the Patriots believe it enough to motivate them to victories.

I agree that ESPN has been talking about them recently. Brady agrees, too, which you would see if you watched/read the whole interview. I also agree that the Jaguars have been disrespected recently. But they kind of limped into the playoffs with a backup QB, and they're facing a tough team in the first round on the road in cold weather, so it's hard to get excited about their chances.

By the way, I wouldn't be amazed to see them pull off an upset. The Jaguars are a very good, well coached team that plays a playoff style of football. But there are good reasons that they are also the biggest underdogs in the NFL this weekend.

Not to mention fragile Fred should only last 2 or 3 series.

Clue?Clueless is saying something as foolish as  "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

First off, it was clueless of you to just jump into this thread and assume I am a Colts fans just because I was saying something critical of Tom Brady.
The thread was started by a whiney Colts fan gone fishin and your post included a couple of quotes from their ilk. In your 1st post you announced to everyone how u can't wait to see the Pats lose. So when u walked like a duck and quacked like a duck I assumed you were a duck. I apologize, I was wrong, your more of a dodo than a duck ;)

Second' date=' I am well aware of Tom Brady's greatness on the football field as a quarterback.  I think he is the best money QB in the league.[/quote']Terrific we agree on something.

Lastly' date=' I think he has not handled himself well this year with losing and such.  He got all bent out of shape when Schottenheimer suggested that maybe injuries were catching up to New England (which was correct).  He refused to talk to reporters after the beatdown at the hands of the Colts (but he is always there to smile and talk after wins, isn't he?).  And now, him whining about the Pats being disrespected is just absurd.  Heck, even Wilbon and Kornheiser (sp?) on PTI earlier were saying how stupid he sounded and they usually worship at his feet.[/quote']Well I guess if Wilbon & Kornheiser say something is true then it must be. Did they also say they couldn't wait for the Pats to lose and spew a bunch of gibberish about Brady showing his true colors like you did? Or did they maybe dissagree with what Brady said but understand what he said was in the context of him replying to Jag complaints about the Jags being disrespected?

My comments about Brady in this thread have nothing to do with his play on the field.  They are about how he has handled himself with the media and such this season.  They always say you see someone's true colors when the chips are down.  Anyone can act all great and humble when things are going your way' date=' but when things are not going your way, those who handle themselves with grace are to be admired.  I do not think Brady has handled himself that well in that area this year.  That is my point.[/quote']So you aren't interested in talking or debating his play but would rather get into his personality and character and you feel justified in trashing him. You say you are talking about how he reacts to adversity but he has shown again and again how well he handles adversity.

What your really talking about is he is not a happy loser and I guess if you use only this years SD & Colts game you at least begin to have a point. But that has little to do with Brady's disrespect comments which was the subject of this thread and your earlier post. You seem to be searching for a reason to trash the guy and you found one, congrats.

If you disagree' date=' that is fine.  But to just jump into this thread and starting calling me (or anyone) clueless without actually addressing the points I (or anyone else)[/quote']FTR, IIRC you were the FIRST to start with the clueless nonsense.

I jumped in a responded to the Colts fans gone fishin and trashin my team and responed in kind. For whatever reason you want to trash tommyboy and that is your right but don't whine about it when u r made to look the fool for attempting to do so.

Clue?

Clueless is saying something as foolish as  "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

First off, it was clueless of you to just jump into this thread and assume I am a Colts fans just because I was saying something critical of Tom Brady.
The thread was started by a whiny Colts fan gone fishin and your post included a cople of quotes from their ilk. In your 1st post you announced to everyone how u can't wait to see the Pats lose. So when u walked like a duck and quacked like a duck I assumed you were a duck.
If you disagree, that is fine.  But to just jump into this thread and starting calling me (or anyone) clueless without actually addressing the points I (or anyone else)
FTR, IIRC you were the FIRST to start with the clueless nonsense.I jumped in a responded to the Colts fans gone fishin and trashin my team and responed in kind which is par for the course on a MB. For whatever reason you want to trash tommyboy and that is your right but don't whine about it when u r made to look the fool for attempting to do so.
I wasn't trashing your team. I have great respect for your team and Mr. Brady. I have said on this forum that Brady IS the best QB in the league (and few Colts fans say that). However, I had a problem with Brady's comment and pointed out why I had a problem with that. Just because I have great respect for your team does not mean I can't comment when a player from that team says something that is eye-opening and does not make much sense to me.

Clue?Clueless is saying something as foolish as  "Like I said, it is easy to act all calm, cool and collected when your team is winning, but lose a few games and his (Brady's) true colors show." and still believing you know anything about football in general or Tom Brady in particular :rolleyes:

The thread was started by a whiney Colts fan gone fishin and your post included a couple of quotes from their ilk. In your 1st post you announced to everyone how u can't wait to see the Pats lose. So when u walked like a duck and quacked like a duck I assumed you were a duck. I apologize, I was wrong, your more of a dodo than a duck ;)

Second' date=' I am well aware of Tom Brady's greatness on the football field as a quarterback.  I think he is the best money QB in the league.[/quote']Terrific we agree on something.

Lastly' date=' I think he has not handled himself well this year with losing and such.  He got all bent out of shape when Schottenheimer suggested that maybe injuries were catching up to New England (which was correct).  He refused to talk to reporters after the beatdown at the hands of the Colts (but he is always there to smile and talk after wins, isn't he?).  And now, him whining about the Pats being disrespected is just absurd.  Heck, even Wilbon and Kornheiser (sp?) on PTI earlier were saying how stupid he sounded and they usually worship at his feet.[/quote']Well I guess if Wilbon & Kornheiser say something is true then it must be. Did they also say they couldn't wait for the Pats to lose and spew a bunch of gibberish about Brady showing his true colors like you did? Or did they maybe dissagree with what Brady said but understand what he said was in the context of him replying to Jag complaints about the Jags being disrespected?

My comments about Brady in this thread have nothing to do with his play on the field.  They are about how he has handled himself with the media and such this season.  They always say you see someone's true colors when the chips are down.  Anyone can act all great and humble when things are going your way' date=' but when things are not going your way, those who handle themselves with grace are to be admired.  I do not think Brady has handled himself that well in that area this year.  That is my point.[/quote']So you aren't interested in talking or debating his play but would rather get into his personality and character and you feel justified in trashing him. You say you are talking about how he reacts to adversity but he has shown again and again how well he handles adversity.

What your really talking about is he is not a happy loser and I guess if you use only this years SD & Colts game you at least begin to have a point. But that has little to do with Brady's disrespect comments which was the subject of this thread and your earlier post. You seem to be searching for a reason to trash the guy and you found one, congrats.

If you disagree' date=' that is fine.  But to just jump into this thread and starting calling me (or anyone) clueless without actually addressing the points I (or anyone else)[/quote']FTR, IIRC you were the FIRST to start with the clueless nonsense.

I jumped in a responded to the Colts fans gone fishin and trashin my team and responed in kind. For whatever reason you want to trash tommyboy and that is your right but don't whine about it when u r made to look the fool for attempting to do so.
Yikes.

And yes, crying disrespect when you're one of the most respected players and teams of the last ten years is lame.

J

It's not DJColts we should be looking at as a flame-war starter or a fishing trip leader. He is usually pretty level-headed during Pats/Colts discussion. He's one Colts fan that doesn't see his team through rose-colored glasses. He knows all the Colts need to do is win to end all discussion.It's the trolls who come into this thread with one-line replies designed to instigate that should be called to the mat.I've been following this thread since it was started but decided not to jump in where people will obviously try to piss me off by saying stupid ####. That's one of the things I hate about this board, the kiddies who only come here to call names and start flame wars. (I try to ignore any post that includes "whiney tool" in it... the big red flag of a fishing trip).But let's lay off DJ.

Yikes.

And yes, crying disrespect when you're one of the most respected players and teams of the last ten years is lame.

J
J, your bias againt NE and disrepect for their fans is well documented but yes I agree Brady playing the disrepsect card is silly. But that isn't something I disputed; I only provided some context for the remarks. Ghosts true colors nonsense is pure and unadulterated crap but it doesn't surprise me 1 bit that u would agree with it.

I don't give an F what any of you say. I'll be at Foxboro this Sat with a beer or four in hand watching my favorite team roll over the Jags and set up yet another game for the ages. Whhhooooooooooo!!!!!Sorry, I am a little excited about the start of the Playoffs.

I don't give an F what any of you say. I'll be at Foxboro this Sat with a beer or four in hand watching my favorite team roll over the Jags and set up yet another game for the ages.

Whhhooooooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, I am a little excited about the start of the Playoffs.
:confused: Pretty much everyone here agrees with you -- the Patriots will beat the Jags, if not roll them completely.

That's the whole point of this thread -- everyone is picking the Patriots this week against a 12-4 team. Most of those are also picking them to beat Denver if the two meet in the next round. Based on how they are playing now, it's insane to say the Patriots are disrespected. They may have been earlier in the year (it's arguable whether they really deserved "contender" status back then), but now they're getting love everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread