What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TOP GUN (1 Viewer)

Took the wife out for a date night last night and saw TG after having a great dinner.  She absolutely loved it (was probably the first time she’s been to a movie theater in 4/5 years) and cried at the end.  Crowd was very vocal right from the start of Tom’s pre-movie speech with tons of cheering and applause.  Can’t remember going to a movie with a crowd this into it.  Was a ton of fun.  
Am I forgetting the ending? Why would you cry in the end? 

I didn’t.  My wife did.  😉

Spoiler, don’t read further if you don’t want to know more about the movie….

Right after they almost get shot down and hangman come to the rescue leading to the joyous reunion on the ship.  That got her.  

I didn’t.  My wife did.  😉

Spoiler, don’t read further if you don’t want to know more about the movie….

Right after they almost get shot down and hangman come to the rescue leading to the joyous reunion on the ship.  That got her.  

Spoiler:

Yep.  The reunion on the ship was the thing. C'mon, are you dead inside?

Last edited by a moderator:
First movie I've bothered to see in a theater in two years. 

I chose a 4pm weekday showing to get the best chance at a good experience. 

There was one old guy behind me. He was fine. But also there was one couple in the theater. So just me, the old guy, and the one couple. 

TOP GUN is loud as #### and I could still hear the couple chit chatting over the movie. Nothing about the movie, just about their day and their friends and what happened at work. 

Maybe the last movie I bother to see in a theater. Hell really is other people. 

First movie I've bothered to see in a theater in two years. 

I chose a 4pm weekday showing to get the best chance at a good experience. 

There was one old guy behind me. He was fine. But also there was one couple in the theater. So just me, the old guy, and the one couple. 

TOP GUN is loud as #### and I could still hear the couple chit chatting over the movie. Nothing about the movie, just about their day and their friends and what happened at work. 

Maybe the last movie I bother to see in a theater. Hell really is other people. 

Ask them to please be quiet. 

If it continues -not so politely say please shut the F up. 

If it continues have them removed. 

Wife wants to go see it again and take our daughter.  We’ve been together coming up on 20yrs, I can not remember a movie or TV show she has ever seen twice.  

Wife wants to go see it again and take our daughter.  We’ve been together coming up on 20yrs, I can not remember a movie or TV show she has ever seen twice.  
My wife wants to see it again in the theater.. Only other movie she ever went and watched more then once in the theater was Titanic, so yea.. This one is good :thumbup:

Ask them to please be quiet. 

If it continues -not so politely say please shut the F up. 

If it continues have them removed. 

I'm not getting up, finding a manager, complaining, then going back to the theater after missing 5 minutes of the movie doing those steps. I asked them to be quiet, eventually they did. If they hadn't, I'd rather have just left and gotten a refund and tried again another day. Also, I was outnumbered in the theater. Me asking them to shut up was technically ruder than them talking through the whole movie, as apparently more people in the theater wanted to have a side conversation than watch the film  :lmao:

I'm not getting up, finding a manager, complaining, then going back to the theater after missing 5 minutes of the movie doing those steps. I asked them to be quiet, eventually they did. If they hadn't, I'd rather have just left and gotten a refund and tried again another day. Also, I was outnumbered in the theater. Me asking them to shut up was technically ruder than them talking through the whole movie, as apparently more people in the theater wanted to have a side conversation than watch the film  :lmao:
Rethinking this, they would probably just ask you if you wanted a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread