What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice (1 Viewer)

tomfoxc

Footballguy
I'm in a PPR keeper league with IDP. I'm new to IDP and have a trade that sounds good but want the community's advice on (WHIR).

I GIVE Ertz and I GET Bowman.

I'm inclined to take it as I'm pretty shaky at LB (start up to 4) with Kerrigan, Dumervil, Pernell M and Vic Beasley. But, if i do take it, it leaves me thin at TE with Rudolph as a back up and a very thin FA pool (rob housler is a top option).

It definitely makes me leagues better at LB but just curious on everybody's thoughts.

Tackle:1.2 points
Assisted Tackles:0.5 points
Sack:5 points
Defense Interception:8 points
Forced Fumble:3 points
Fumbles Recovery:2 points
Touchdown (Interception return):6 points
Touchdown (Fumble return):6 points
Touchdown (Blocked kick):6 points
Blocked Kick (punt, FG, PAT):2 points
Safety:2 points
Pass Defended:4 points
Interception Return Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Fumble Return Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Tackles for Loss Bonus:1 point
QB Hit:2.5 points
Sack Yards:1 point per 3 yards
10+ Tackles Bonus:1 point
2+ Sacks Bonus:1 point
3+ Passes Defended Bonus:1 point

Deleted my reply on the other post after I see here that you are GETTING Bowman. YES SIR! After seeing that scoring setup, I'd be all over that deal if I were you.

It help to know the offense scoring as well just to make sure there isn't some odd scoring that would increase TE value. WIth your LB core being primarily reliant on the big play (makes sense with the big play scoring) it would be good to get a solid tackle LB to help stabilize your scoring from week to week.

For this type of scoring I prefer to have an equal start of tackle (higher scoring floor) with the big play guys so that if you don't get a sack or two you still have decent points with the high tackle guy balancing out.

Bowman does have risk coming off his gruesome injury but Ertz isn't a huge asset to give up. I would make that deal to get Bowman and hope he is back to his pre-injury form.

Gally said:
It help to know the offense scoring as well just to make sure there isn't some odd scoring that would increase TE value. WIth your LB core being primarily reliant on the big play (makes sense with the big play scoring) it would be good to get a solid tackle LB to help stabilize your scoring from week to week.

For this type of scoring I prefer to have an equal start of tackle (higher scoring floor) with the big play guys so that if you don't get a sack or two you still have decent points with the high tackle guy balancing out.

Bowman does have risk coming off his gruesome injury but Ertz isn't a huge asset to give up. I would make that deal to get Bowman and hope he is back to his pre-injury form.
Thank you. I ended up doing the deal and the Clay (Buff) got dropped, so I scooped him up. Not as good as Ertz but has been productive and I'm pairing him with Rudy (Minn) so worked out ok.

To answer your other question, scoring on offense is almost entirely pure PPR. There are points for return yards so someone like Hester can sneak into the top 30 but the rest is your granddaddy's PPR.

I've made a series of moves recently sent Daryl Smith and Dumvervil off, so now I'm at Bowman, Kerrigan, Beasley, McPhee (who I'm very high on as Sacks and Hurries are awarded generously in our league) and McKinney. I'm going to try to make a play for Mack but recognize my need to maintain consistency. Right now, I have two guys that can potentially offer that, one coming off a gruesome knee injury and one a rookie. So, I'm coming up for air for a bit before making my next move (might just grab the first LB with a confirm starting gig like Ryan or Bostic).

scothawk said:
With that scoring system any chance to get Mack should be taken.
This is helpful to hear. So, you think he would be a material upgrade over any of Kerrigan, McPhee, Barrington (basically guaranteed starter now)?

I can get Mack, I'm just trying to be judicious about how much I spend.

You can see my team below. I'm loaded at WR and I feel good about RB (not really any sure things but enough guys in battles that I will be able to field two starters). So, I'm likely looking at needing to trade someone like DGB. I'm by no means against that, just would obviously want to avoid it if at all possible, since my current WR corp looks like a 5-year lock to be tops in the league.

So, it would be great to hear thoughts on what would be a definitive 'win' type of trade for Mack.

QB Ryan TannehillQB - MIAView Videos
RB Lamar MillerRB - MIA
RB Joseph RandleRB - DAL
WR Julio JonesWR - ATL
WR Calvin JohnsonWR - DET
WR DeAndre HopkinsWR - HOU
TE Kyle RudolphTE - MIN
R/W/T Frank GoreRB - IND
R/W/T Allen RobinsonWR - JAC
R/W/T Nelson AgholorWR - PHI
BN Teddy BridgewaterQB - MIN
BN Roy HeluRB - OAK
BN Duke JohnsonRB - CLE
BN Doug MartinRB - TB
BN Shane VereenRB - NYGView Videos
BN Kenny BellWR - TB
BN Dorial Green-BeckhamWR - TEN
BN Kevin WhiteWR - CHI
BN Charles ClayTE - BUF

POS Defense Player DL Mario WilliamsDL - BUF
DL Demarcus LawrenceDL - DAL
LB Ryan KerriganLB - WAS
LB Pernell McPheeLB - CHI
LB NaVorro BowmanLB - SF
DB Tyvon BranchDB - KC
DB Reggie NelsonDB - CIN
DP Vic BeasleyLB - ATL
BN Jacquies SmithDL - TB
BN Sam BarringtonLB - GB
BN Benardrick McKinneyLB - HOU
BN Kyle FullerDB - CHI
BN Da'Norris SearcyDB - TEN
BN Kenny VaccaroDB - NO

Yes, I think Mack would be an upgrade over those guys you mentioned. Your WR's are very deep. I would do DGB for Mack in a heart beat.

Yes, I think Mack would be an upgrade over those guys you mentioned. Your WR's are very deep. I would do DGB for Mack in a heart beat.
Tend to agree with this. DGB is an unknown whilst you know what Mack is and the system really suits him.

How did it pan out?

Tend to agree with this. DGB is an unknown whilst you know what Mack is and the system really suits him.

How did it pan out?
no dice so far. I have to wait out the owner as he's really wanting a lot more than DGB. At this point, I'd likely need to trade Randle or a combo around Doug Martin and one of my other WR's (white? agholor?, not sure). Since I already am in a decent enough spot at LB (Bowman, Kerrigan, Barrington (who projects to start now), Beasley, McKinney and McPhee), I'm inclined to hold until the inevitable rash of injuries strikes in training camp and WR's/RB's start to regain value. It's the first year of the dynasty league and I just murdered WR (Jones, Megatron, Hopkins, Robinson, Agholor, White and DGB) and have a healthy stable of options at RB (Miller, Randle, Vereen, Gore, Duke, Doug Martin). We start 2-5 RBs and 3-5 WR's, so I see those flex guys starting to be recognized as hyper-values in the first half of the season. I'm not particular fan of Martin but if he gets volume, they're opening slate of rush defenses is so poor that he'll start to gain value on the trade market and then I can make a move.

I definitely want Mack a ton but I'm willing to wait it out. If I don't get him, I'll just be the Packers of our league and remain competitive based on my offense and some spot talent in the IDP spots.

Users who are viewing this thread