What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade deadline - what offensive player is going where? (1 Viewer)

Not expecting much at all, certainly nothing to match the hype for some blockbuster deals. Would love to see Saquon and Henry go to contenders but those aren't happening.

Jets brass already had their look at Fields and didn't want him. MN probably wouldn't want him for a first, either. I don't think the Bears are moving Fields simply because he's "week-to-week" early in the week. Guy's got a dislocated thumb. If anything, he should have gone on IR.

Jets brass already had their look at Fields and didn't want him. MN probably wouldn't want him for a first, either. I don't think the Bears are moving Fields simply because he's "week-to-week" early in the week. Guy's got a dislocated thumb. If anything, he should have gone on IR.
I’m not claiming to have insider info here, just having some fun with the topic. Wouldn’t be much of a thread if we weren’t allowed to speculate.

I’m not claiming to have insider info here, just having some fun with the topic. Wouldn’t be much of a thread if we weren’t allowed to speculate.

Oh, I agree with that. I was taking you at face value and explaining why I didn't think that was the case.

As I get older, I don't see as well as I used to, but did it say the Bears sent a second round pick (sure to be a VERY high second rounder) for a 1 year rental of Sweat?

Unless they have an extension worked out or tentatively worked out, it's a freaking head-scratcher. "Yay! We got a great run stuffer and DL!"

"And we gave up the 2.03 to do it for one year???!!!!!!!!"

"****, no. Did we really do that?"

Biggest trade so far is the Bills trading nothing for Leonard Fournette
- fantasy ripples with Cook and Murray

Sweat traded to CHI.
As I get older, I don't see as well as I used to, but did it say the Bears sent a second round pick (sure to be a VERY high second rounder) for a 1 year rental of Sweat?
If I was defending it I'd say they got the most cap space in the league and you can be certain they have every intention of extending him or tagging him(will be a tad over $20M)

But I'm not going to defend it because I think it's bad business on multiple levels. Really bad.

Unless they have an extension worked out or tentatively worked out, it's a freaking head-scratcher. "Yay! We got a great run stuffer and DL!"

If they can't sign him, they'll have to franchise him. Otherwise this trade is a fireable offense.

Devil's advocate here says that the hit rate on 1st round Edge rushers is roughly 40%, a good bit less on 2nd rounders. Trading a second, even if it's fairly high, for a difference maker is a no brainer. The catch is that you have to have a long term contract agreed to in principal. Otherwise, it's outright stupidity and I don't think Poles is stupid.

Devil's advocate here says that the hit rate on 1st round Edge rushers is roughly 40%, a good bit less on 2nd rounders. Trading a second, even if it's fairly high, for a difference maker is a no brainer. The catch is that you have to have a long term contract agreed to in principal. Otherwise, it's outright stupidity and I don't think Poles is stupid.
They really got embarrassed on Sunday night, that was men vs boys style ugly, so I get they had to do something. Even if it turns out to be a handshake with Sweat that he'll be franchised in 2024 and then they'll let him be a free agent, it'd be a win. But if he walks and the Bears have nothing to show for that second rounder next year, Poles has got to walk too.

The thing not to lose sight of is that Sweat is a very good player. That line is dramatically better today than it was yesterday.

NFL Network talking up the move and that the Vikings are not throwing in the towel with this move.

But it's Josh Dobbs.

Cmon.

Dobbs traded to Minny
Blech. Why bother if that's the level of player?
It could be worse. He's shown the ability to keep the offense moving for an AZ team without a lot of talent.

If he can move the chains with Hollywood, Rondale, McBride (really like him but he's not Hockenson), and Demercado--I think he'll at least look competent with Jefferson, Hockenson, Addison and Mattison/Akers.

Dobbs traded to Minny
Totally disagree, Dobbs leaves. a 1-7 dumpster fire behind and actually looked decent in several games, some not as much but he has more weapons and OL/Defense to work with than he did in Arizona and he has a ton of snaps under his belt

With Cosuins gone for the season, I actually believe this is a brilliant move by a team that just crawled back to 4-4 after an 0-4 start
Addison and then JJ returns soon hopefully, TJ Hockenson

Don't be blinded here, i don't root for the Vikes but I watch most of these players and teams when the Phins aren't on live, also like some of the things I've seen in Dobbs
Don't be so quick to dismiss him as trash
In light of what happened with Cousins, at least the Vikings made a (EXPLETIVE) Move!
I'm pretty sure you root for the Vikes, it's understandable how you feel right now, lick those wounds because Dobbs is going to lead you into battle soon

Good Luck!!!

NFL Network talking up the move and that the Vikings are not throwing in the towel with this move.

But it's Josh Dobbs.

Cmon.
I think it's about the right area of dudes to go after.

They didn't want to pay too much for a 1 year rental. He's also not total trash. He's had a better QBR than some highly paid QB's.

I think he's good enough to make the MN pass catchers still good for fantasy.

I would not be happy if I was a Minnesota fan.
Explain what their options were today and how they could have made a better move after crawling back to 4-4
They ain't picking #1 overall next year, Dobbs takes a little heat off an immediate QB need
I think it was a terrific move by the Vikes

Were they supposed to pluck Tua from Miami on the last year of his rookie deal?
I would love to hear more as I appreciate your posts on here.
I can't figure out what QB was even available, they found a guy that has led his team every week this season.
Tons of snaps under his belt, lands on a more talented team presently

I like Dobbs chances to be honest

Last edited:
Dobbs traded to Minny
TBH Dobbs has proven very capable. And very capable of leading an offense with little prep / experience in an offense.

It's also possible he has some experience with the offensive staff there
Yeah that seems to be the selling point. He's started games. Ok, but it's not like he has excelled.
You're not going to get a starting QB that "excelled" in trade. Competent starting QB's are hard enough to find. People don't trade good ones.

If you go by QBR--and I'm not telling you that's the end all be all, but it's a metric to compare:

He's better on the year than:

Howell
Wilson
Love
Watson
Ridder
Daniel Jones
Fields
Zach Wilson
Kenny Pickett
Bryce Young
Tannehill

That's 11 QB's--he's in the top 2/3's of starters based on QBR. You're going to say "LOL Those guys suck!" But you're not getting a top 10 starter in trade. Some of these guys are getting paid stupid money. The Vikings aren't trading for that. Maybe they'd rather have Rusell Wilson's arm, but they don't want his contract.

Dobbs traded to Minny
TBH Dobbs has proven very capable. And very capable of leading an offense with little prep / experience in an offense.

It's also possible he has some experience with the offensive staff there
Yeah that seems to be the selling point. He's started games. Ok, but it's not like he has excelled.
Cards homer. He's not a franchise QB but he's looked quite good at times this season. He was brought in at the very end of camp .....and named starter despite no experience with team

I think his addition is as good as Vikings can hope for (short term option that at least gives them a shot....and doesn't cost anything).

The big selling point with Dobbs is he's now shown twice in the past 10-11 months he can go on a new team (AZ/TN) and start on little to no notice/experience with team, not be a complete embarrassment and run a functional offense.

Last edited:
Dobbs traded to Minny
Totally disagree, Dobbs leaves. a 1-7 dumpster fire behind and actually looked decent in several games, some not as much but he has more weapons and OL/Defense to work with than he did in Arizona and he has a ton of snaps under his belt

With Cosuins gone for the season, I actually believe this is a brilliant move by a team that just crawled back to 4-4 after an 0-4 start
Addison and then JJ returns soon hopefully, TJ Hockenson

Don't be blinded here, i don't root for the Vikes but I watch most of these players and teams when the Phins aren't on live, also like some of the things I've seen in Dobbs
Don't be so quick to dismiss him as trash
In light of what happened with Cousins, at least the Vikings made a (EXPLETIVE) Move!
I'm pretty sure you root for the Vikes, it's understandable how you feel right now, lick those wounds because Dobbs is going to lead you into battle soon

Good Luck!!!
0-3 start

Yeah to be fair I haven't spent time watching Dobbs with my own eyes. Just lingering disappointment that we're going to hand the keys to a stacked offense to a journeyman with little success.

Hall could also surprise I suppose.

I'm guessing the Vikes eke out just enough wins to move themselves out of contention for one of the top QBs in the draft and not enough to make the playoffs.

I think they are now looking at resigning Cousins for 2 years in the off-season with conditional money based on his recovery.

Been hearing buzz about Winston to MIN.

Here's me thinking when I traded for him earlier this season it was to insure against my injured Derek Carr, not my injured Kirk Cousins

Edit - posted before I saw Dobbs trade

Last edited:
Explain what their options were today and how they could have made a better move after crawling back to 4-4
They ain't picking #1 overall next year, Dobbs takes a little heat off an immediate QB need

I would love to hear more a I appreciate your posts on here.
I can't figure out what QB was even available, they found a guy that has led his team every week this season.

I just don’t see them going anywhere. :shrug:

So, why give up anything, unless their goal is try to squeak into the playoffs this year.

I would love to hear more a I appreciate your posts on here.

I just don’t see them going anywhere. :shrug:

So, why give up anything, unless their goal is try to squeak into the playoffs this year.
Right

Users who are viewing this thread