What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the FBI (3 Viewers)

I think praising the FBIand bashing Trump are both worthy pastimes. And in this instance, why shouldn’t Trump be bashed? His comments about the FBI were disgraceful.
Probably the way to avoid Trumpolitics in a terrorism story thread is to focus on discussing the report. It's a pretty horrifying story.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s not bashing fbi rank & file
Are you Sarah Sanders? Because that’s the same meaningless distinction she made. 

Trump attacked the FBI as a whole because he’s an idiot who knows nothing about the FBI, but he wanted to discredit Comey and Mueller. Really the whole thing is disgusting, and you should be ashamed for defending him.

Somehow, the Trump haters have turned a great moment into an opportunity to bash Trump.  Yet they wonder why he still has support from people.  Smh
It gets a little circular here. Let's talk about the amazing work the FBI did here.

>>The suspect reportedly picked the Pier 39 location because he "had been there before and knew it was a heavily crowded area." He added that it would be easy to "funnel" people into an area where he could inflict casualties.<<

>>Officials say Jameson was talking to an undercover FBI agent. They add that he was arrested earlier this week and a search warrant was executed at his Modesto home. Several firearms were found, along with fireworks.<<

Seriously these guys are heroes.

Somehow, the Trump haters have turned a great moment into an opportunity to bash Trump.  Yet they wonder why he still has support from people.  Smh
Bashing Trump is great all in itself. Really you should try it sometimes, it makes you feel clean and good. He really is a very nasty, very awful, really bad man. 

The FBI did an awesome thing. Trump has been tearing down the FBI. That's not to say a bad organization can only have bad outcomes, but it's understandable to see why people would remind others how critical Trump has been of the FBI.

?????....oh crap, now I did it.   I triggered the haters.
We have a different idea of what constitutes 'triggered'.  Trump deserves criticism because his statements about the FBI are beneath the office he holds.  I think we all agree that the FBI provides a valuable service to this country, and Trump should be supporting that, not attempting to undermine it.  

Trump doesn't deserve credit or blame for anything the FBI does unless something he did affected the outcome.

Are you Sarah Sanders? Because that’s the same meaningless distinction she made. 

Trump attacked the FBI as a whole because he’s an idiot who knows nothing about the FBI, but he wanted to discredit Comey and Mueller. Really the whole thing is disgusting, and you should be ashamed for defending him.
Such anger. I hope everything is ok with you.

The cheer & goodwill of friends to you

:D  This is pretty old shtick at this point isn’t it? 

YOU: Donald Trump is great because (some totally ridiculous reason). 

ME (Or several other people around here): What You wrote makes no sense, it’s totally ridiculous. 

YOU: Dude chill out. 
Welcome to the FFA!

We have a different idea of what constitutes 'triggered'.  Trump deserves criticism because his statements about the FBI are beneath the office he holds.  I think we all agree that the FBI provides a valuable service to this country, and Trump should be supporting that, not attempting to undermine it.  

Trump doesn't deserve credit or blame for anything the FBI does unless something he did affected the outcome.
I love this shtick that Capernick is worse than Hitler for kneeling because it's a slap in the face of police and the military but then relentlessly bash the FBI.

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article191315829.html

Details emerge about Modesto man FBI says planned attack for San Francisco's Pier 39

Gordon Jameson says his only son, Everitt Jameson, is a kind, gentle, loving person and a peaceful practicing Muslim incapable of the crimes he's been charged with in federal court.

Everitt Jameson, a 26-year-old ex-U.S. Marine, has been charged in connection with an alleged "foreign terrorist" plot to launch an attack at Pier 39 in San Francisco on Christmas Day, according to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court.

Gordon Jameson, a Merced resident, spoke to the Sun-Star on Friday and said he was shocked by the charges and he doesn't believe there's any truth to the allegations.

"He just ain't no terrorist, no way," Gordon Jameson told the Sun-Star. "He would never hurt people. Not ever. It's just unbelievable. That's not who he is."

Jameson, 48, said Everitt is his oldest child and only son. He has three younger sisters, two who are 21 and one who is 13. He said his son had been living in Merced but moved to Modesto within the last year.

The FBI and U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Thursday searched the family home in southeast Merced where Everitt Jameson had lived. He said authorities did not take anything from the home.

He said his son began studying the Islamic faith about a year ago and had been learning Arabic.

"He attended the Muslim church in Merced and in Modesto," Gordon Jameson said.

Members of the Islamic Center of Merced did not immediately respond to telephone messages seeking comment.

According to the criminal complaint, Everitt Jameson, told a confidential FBI source he attended the Islamic Center in Merced.

Gordon Jameson, who described himself as "devout Pentecostal," said he and his son frequently discussed their religious beliefs.

"We'd talk about Jesus - not argue, just talk - and he'd say 'yeah, Dad, we all believe in the same god,'" Jameson said. "He never once spoke about hate or wanting to hurt anything. He never said anything about wanting to blow people up."

Jameson said family members even "joked" with Everitt Jameson about his Islamic faith, sometimes calling him "Isis" as a kind of kidding nickname.

But that teasing doesn't seem funny to Gordon Jameson anymore.

"They told me my son's on suicide watch, but they haven't told us anything about where he is. Just in custody somewhere, we don't know where," Gordon Jameson said.

In recent months, Everitt Jameson had turned to his religion for comfort, his father said, after his two children, a 3-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were "taken away from him by CPS" in Stanislaus County.

Gordon Jameson said his son lost custody of his children in recent years as his family struggled. Their mother, Ashley M. Jameson, is serving prison time at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla. Details of the sentence were not immediately available.

In August 2016, Everitt Jameson filed for a divorce in Merced County Superior Court. In a court declaration, he wrote: "My children are in foster care, (sic) this divorce will allow me to get them back."

But the reunion never happened.

About three months ago, Jameson said, his son was told both his children had been "adopted out" and he wouldn't get them back.

"He lost his kids for good and he was devastated," Gordon Jameson said.

Everitt Jameson had recently purchased a car and was talking about getting his own place.

"We thought things were turning around," Gordon Jameson said.

He had been working at Anderson's Towing in Modesto and seemed to like his job.

Billy Myers with Myers Towing said in October he held a two-day certification class for local tow-truck drivers and Everitt Jameson was among the attendees. Myers described Everitt Jameson as quiet and respectful and said he only stood out when he took breaks to pray.

"It shocks me," Myers said of the case against Everitt Jameson. He said the arrest shouldn't reflect negatively on Anderson Towing, which he said does background checks on new employees that includes fingerprinting.

But losing his children had sent Everitt Jameson into a deep depression.

"He jumped through every hoop they put up for him to get his kids back," Gordon Jameson said. "They did him pretty well dirty. A dad doesn't have much rights to try to get his kids back."

Gordon Jameson said he'd become concerned his son might take his own life. They discussed suicide more than once, he said.

"I was really afraid. I told him, 'Please don't do that.' I just wouldn't know what I'd do if that happened," Gordon Jameson said.

He said news of his son's arrest seemed to come out of nowhere.

Only last Sunday, Gordon Jameson said, he and Everitt and some friends had traveled to Oakland to watch the Dallas Cowboys play the Raiders.

"We were tailgating, having a good time. It was a great time. It was a great game," he said. "Then, all the sudden, bam! This just drops down on us."

His father taught him to play baseball and coached him as a child, he said. Everitt Jameson attended Enochs High School in Modesto and was on the wrestling team.

Duane Brooks, the Enochs wrestling coach, said Everitt Jameson didn't make much of an impression on him during the two years he was on the team.

"He's not the kind of kid who stood out," Brooks said. "He was on the JV team. He was just a normal kid at the time who wrestled for us and graduated and went to the military."

Tyler Knobel, who was a freshman on the 2008-09 wrestling team, said Everitt Jameson was "a bigger dude ... kind of quiet."

"I remember him from practice," Knobel said. "He was mostly quiet. There was nothing overt about him, not overly aggressive or showing any violent tendencies other than what was happening on the wrestling mat."

Brooks called the news of Jameson's alleged involvement in a possible terror plot "surreal" and "deeply disturbing."

"There wasn't anything that would make you think something like this would happen one day," he said of Everitt Jameson. "It's surprising and sad."

Gordon Jameson said he's confused, frustrated and scared for his son.

"It's not true. I don't know what the FBI are trying to pin on him. I don't know why," he said. "He's never once talked about bombing anything. He'd never hurt a single person. He's more of a sweet type of person, a gentle kind of person.

"He's a peaceful Muslim person."

The would be terrorist is a white former Marine. It's a difficult situation for someone who tends to scream about scary brown people and a shrinking military to politicize

I'm sure he'll make a comment about the changes he's been making in the FBI or other arenas helped prevent what would have been an otherwise disastrous attack in the next few days once the team has had an opportunity to test out a few defenses. 
Sad there is so much hate in a season of peace.

Yes, which is in the city on the waterfront.  SFO is the airport.  They're not at all close to each other.
We’re at Footballguys, where sfo is commonly used to refer to the 49ers (just like nor is the Saints, kan is the Chiefs, and gnb is the Packers — we use three letters, not two). Go to any of the 49ers pages here — team stats, targets, game logs, etc. — and you’ll see ‘sfo’ in the URL. I’m pretty sure squistion was just trying to be consistent with that general schema.

We’re at Footballguys, where sfo is commonly used to refer to the 49ers (just like nor is the Saints, kan is the Chiefs, and gnb is the Packers — we use three letters, not two). Go to any of the 49ers pages here — team stats, targets, game logs, etc. — and you’ll see ‘sfo’ in the URL. I’m pretty sure squistion was just trying to be consistent with that general schema.
Thank you Maurile, I was certain I had seen it numerous times in connection with my fantasy football interests, but I couldn't remember the source.

And we’re off. This thread isn’t about the good work by the fbi, it’s just to bash Trump. 
Talking about Trump, according to the press pool, he arrived 45 minutes ago at Trump International Golf Club. https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/944574697907347458

However he has yet to speak about the Pier 39 arrest and not one word about the good work of the FBI.

Will he comment after he finishes his round of golf?

So, in short: "You're racist if you don't vote like me!".

Thanks for reaffirming why Trump is in office. 
Not at all what he said.  

I think the sentiment from the public and from Trump has consistently shown that when it’s a Arab Muslim the reaction is different from when it’s not.

And that last line...try not to call this trolling...but explain?  Why does someone else thinking Trump has racist tendencies make you want to support and vote for him?

Talking about Trump, according to the press pool, he arrived 45 minutes ago at Trump International Golf Club. https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/944574697907347458

However he has yet to speak about the Pier 39 arrest and not one word about the good work of the FBI.

Will he comment after he finishes his round of golf?
:shrug:  Maybe it’s an ongoing investigation.  

You have an unhealthy obsession with who says what and when about Twitter 

Users who are viewing this thread