What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the FBI (3 Viewers)

:shrug:  Maybe it’s an ongoing investigation.  

You have an unhealthy obsession with who says what and when about Twitter 
When has that ever stopped Trump from commenting before? Also praising the good work of the FBI in preventing someone from "allegedly" planning a terrorist attack would not be interfering with an ongoing investigation.  And Twitter is his favorite mode of communication, if you haven't already noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:  Maybe it’s an ongoing investigation.  

You have an unhealthy obsession with who says what and when about Twitter 
When has that stopped him before?

Do you dispute that he (Trump) has typically commented and condemned acts of terrorism by Arab Muslims quickly?

I think it’s very fair to discuss that behavior by our President.

:lol: It's a nice place.  Was late and bag was overweight but they still let it slide.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
It's an ok airport, but there are far better in the region. Mainland China had invested heavily in airport infrastructure.  I typically prefer to fly into Hong Kong because if I get stuck, I like Hong Kong...

Talking about Trump, according to the press pool, he arrived 45 minutes ago at Trump International Golf Club. https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/944574697907347458

However he has yet to speak about the Pier 39 arrest and not one word about the good work of the FBI.

Will he comment after he finishes his round of golf?
Remember, he likes to have all of the facts* before commenting.

*when the suspect is white

I think praising the FBIand bashing Trump are both worthy pastimes. And in this instance, why shouldn’t Trump be bashed? His comments about the FBI were disgraceful.
Because it has absolutely zero to do with this story. 

Look I’m all for ####ting on Trump when he does something dumb, but turning this into a political pot-shot is childish, IMO.  We all know what he’s said about the FBI recently, but how about we all be adults about it and not throw this back in everyone’s face. 

Cant we all just appreciate the incredible job this undercover FBI agent did to stop this attack and leave it at that?

Because it has absolutely zero to do with this story. 

Look I’m all for ####ting on Trump when he does something dumb, but turning this into a political pot-shot is childish, IMO.  We all know what he’s said about the FBI recently, but how about we all be adults about it and not throw this back in everyone’s face. 

Cant we all just appreciate the incredible job this undercover FBI agent did to stop this attack and leave it at that?
No we can't. At least I won't.

Trump is not any person. He is the chief executive of our law enforcement. When he denigrates the FBI we absolutely have to throw it in everybody's face, over and over, and in YOUR face more than any because you want to ignore it or pretend its not happening.

Trump is not any person. He is the chief executive of our law enforcement. When he denigrates the FBI we absolutely have to throw it in everybody's face, over and over, and in YOUR face more than any because you want to ignore it or pretend its not happening.
Where did I say I want to ignore his comments and pretend it’s not happening?  That’s totally unfair to shove those words in my mouth.

I’m more than capable of separating this heroic thing the FBI did all at the same time still remembering the dumb #### the administration has said recently.  I don’t see the need in flipping this situation to fit a political agenda.  What the FBI did is incredible - leave it at that IMO.

Partisan opinions like this is why we are where we are.  So many think the President owes them personally or their “side”some “shout out.”   It’s sad that a country that once stormed the beaches of Normandy now just storm social media to air their grievances.   

Partisan opinions like this is why we are where we are.  So many think the President owes them personally or their “side”some “shout out.”   It’s sad that a country that once stormed the beaches of Normandy now just storm social media to air their grievances.   
The FBI is not your side or my side, it is our side.

After finishing his golf outing Trump has returned to Twitter, https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump but has still yet to even acknowledge the Pier 39 arrest, let alone any words of praise for the FBI.

However, he did find time to mention Andrew McCabes retirement, James Baker's reassignment along with references to "leakin’ James Comey" (does he need Depends?) and the "Clinton Puppets" (probably not as entertaining as the Muppets).

After finishing his golf outing Trump has returned to Twitter, https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump but has still yet to even acknowledge the Pier 39 arrest, let alone any words of praise for the FBI.

However, he did find time to mention Andrew McCabes retirement, James Baker's reassignment along with references to "leakin’ James Comey" (does he need Depends?) and the "Clinton Puppets" (probably not as entertaining as the Muppets).
So?

He seems to never hesitate to comment on any actual or attempted terrorist attack (particularly if there is a Muslim involved) yet here he has been silent for over 24 hours - pretty obviously because he can't talk about it without mentioning the FBI, which is extremely awkward after calling the bureau's conduct "really, really disgraceful" and its reputation "in tatters".

He seems to never hesitate to comment on any actual or attempted terrorist attack (particularly if there is a Muslim involved) yet here he has been silent for over 24 hours - pretty obviously because he can't talk about it without mentioning the FBI, which is extremely awkward after calling the bureau's conduct "really, really disgraceful" and its reputation "in tatters".
“Seems to”

No bias there.....

You really are getting desperate.  :no:

squistion said:
Bro, you are Trumpsessed over this.

The conduct of FBI leadership was disgraceful, that is why they are being demoted, forced to resign, etc. Lots more to come.

Maybe Trump has more important things going on right now than tweeting about preventing an attack. This type of thing happens all the time.

The people in law enforcement know Trump has their back, which is a nice change of pace. They love him.

The hypocrisy of the left:

- OMG! Trump blames it on Muslims, he hates Muslims!

- OMG! Trump isn't blaming Muslims enough!

Maybe Trump has more important things going on right now than tweeting about preventing an attack. 
More important things like playing golf today, plus taking time to make the five tweets below? (two involving the FBI Deputy Director and one, the FBI lawyer James Baker):

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago

How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin’ James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!

Wow, “FBI lawyer James Baker reassigned,” according to @FoxNews.

The Stock Market is setting record after record and unemployment is at a 17 year low. So many things accomplished by the Trump Administration, perhaps more than any other President in first year. Sadly, will never be reported correctly by the Fake News Media!

Remember, the Republicans are 5-0 in Congressional races this year. In Senate, I said Roy M would lose in Alabama and supported Big Luther Strange - and Roy lost. Virginia candidate was not a “Trumper,” and he lost. Good Republican candidates will win BIG!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 14h

The president waged a public campaign against the FBI’s Deputy Director today on Twitter.

Looks like the FBI missed the terror attack against police in Harrisburg, PA.

Trump was right...smh. ?
Link? What are you referring to? How was the FBI supposed to stop this guy from going on a shooting spree against police?

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 3h3 hours ago

Trump continues his attack on the FBI. FYI—Officials have already said that parts of the dossier have been corroborated.

It’s not “bogus. wapo.st/2zHinjr

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

WOW, @foxandfrlends “Dossier is bogus. Clinton Campaign, DNC funded Dossier. FBI CANNOT (after all of this time) VERIFY CLAIMS IN DOSSIER OF RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION. FBI TAINTED.” And they used this Crooked Hillary pile of garbage as the basis for going after the Trump Campaign!

I'm curious about something- why does Trump spend so much time attacking CNN and yet almost never attacks MSNBC? Do you have an explanation for that?
I would assume it’s not worth his time as everyone knows MSNBC is partisan propaganda.  CNN still tries to pawn themselves off as a news network rather than an opinion network.  

I don’t think anyone unbiased sees CNN as objective.  I worried about the easily deceived buying into their propaganda.  
Ok but Trump obviously thinks it's worth the effort to try to convince people who thinks CNN is objective to think otherwise, do you agree?

If he feels they are being purposefully misleading then I have no problem with him pointing that out.

I wish he would choose a different avenue for communication though.
Thanks, but just to be clear, he must assume that about MSNBC too, but he doesn't attack them for the most part.

Justvto be clear, that's not the point. The point is he mostly attacks CNN, not MSNBC. If they're both 'partisan' then why the different treatment?
Because Trump is petty and has some personal vendetta against them.  I am not sure why you expect Trump to have a rational reason behind it. 

Because Trump is petty and has some personal vendetta against them.  I am not sure why you expect Trump to have a rational reason behind it. 
Ok I'll accept that. However, I do think Trump can be a rational actor, especially when we're clearly looking at a 2 year pattern of behavior which looks more like strategy than one of his multiple freakouts.

Users who are viewing this thread