What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (1 Viewer)

Earlier today, the White House canceled all Sunday morning talk show appearances by all members of the Trump administration.

That's tinpot autocracy stuff.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I am kind of curious how SNL looks tonight. This had to be a very tough show to do given the changing landscape we have seen over the last week alone. 

Earlier today, the White House canceled all Sunday morning talk show appearances by all members of the Trump administration.

That's tinpot autocracy stuff.
I don't know about that. The President is sick. We know that, the world knows that. The WH does not need Sunday talk shows to relay any essential info to the public. Given the sensitive nature of the office, I am fine with some discretion on their part. This is bigger than just Trump.. 

Trump called a poor leader for hiding from covid19 and protecting himself and now called a poor leader because he didn't hide/protect himself and contracted a virus that eventually we'll all be exposed to

can't win 

He should recover fine - IF he has anything pre-existing at his age yes, could be bad. Biden is in the same boat ... Pence too. Not Kamala so much. 

This is the world we live in - go out and live your life and protect yourself best you want to and if you get covid -19 then you get it and have to battle it. The other only option is o live in a bunker with no contact with anyone

Trump called a poor leader for hiding from covid19 and protecting himself and now called a poor leader because he didn't hide/protect himself and contracted a virus that eventually we'll all be exposed to

can't win 

He should recover fine - IF he has anything pre-existing at his age yes, could be bad. Biden is in the same boat ... Pence too. Not Kamala so much. 

This is the world we live in - go out and live your life and protect yourself best you want to and if you get covid -19 then you get it and have to battle it. The other only option is o live in a bunker with no contact with anyone
the funniest thing about you is that you’re a Patriots fan.  And I apologize in advance for that.  

can't win 

Who was calling him out for hiding from covid? 

Its next level if the timeline is true and he knew of the positive and went to functions and did it without telling people and without a mask.  I THINK even you can see the total lack of self responsibility in those actions.  

Also with your post- he didn't protect himself and others the best he could, and that is the point. 

can't win 

I think people’s issue is that the President did not protect himself the best he could. The ACB ceremony could have featured masks and distancing. It seems like he may have also known he was positive or exposed and still conducted events without telling the other parties. 

I think people’s issue is that the President did not protect himself the best he could. The ACB ceremony could have featured masks and distancing. It seems like he may have also known he was positive or exposed and still conducted events without telling the other parties. 
It's odd to me that people that post so much about personal responsibility and choices seem to excuse Trump on these things a lot.  

shader said:
It’s Saturday night so I can share a funny conspiracy YouTube video right?

https://youtu.be/PeGyOjiG4dE

Trump filmed the video on a boat and this guy has the post it notes to prove it!  If I had seen this AFTER the whiskey I’m about to drink, I’d probably believe it :lmao:
I don't know.... I HAVE been drinking whiskey all night and even I can see that the video was shot on a handheld device, likely a cell phone(given it's poor quality).  Lots of crazies out there.

• Laughing
If there is a single person in this forum that is wishing President Trump ill in his fight against covid, I’m not aware of it. Perhaps there has been that sort of post and it was removed by the moderators. But so far as I know we are all 100% unified in hoping for a healthy recovery. And that’s a good thing. 

If there is a single person in this forum that is wishing President Trump ill in his fight against covid, I’m not aware of it. Perhaps there has been that sort of post and it was removed by the moderators. But so far as I know we are all 100% unified in hoping for a healthy recovery. And that’s a good thing. 
From what I read in the other thread, a lot of us are thinking it, we are just afraid to post it.  

shader said:
It’s Saturday night so I can share a funny conspiracy YouTube video right?

https://youtu.be/PeGyOjiG4dE

Trump filmed the video on a boat and this guy has the post it notes to prove it!  If I had seen this AFTER the whiskey I’m about to drink, I’d probably believe it :lmao:
So the president doesn't have covid and he's just sea sick?

I haven't seen it either, or anything close to the claims that Trump's critics here are not hoping for a complete recovery. Maybe you are right and they were quickly removed by the mods.

Most people, but he’s the leader of the free world. Since we’ve heard from the DRs and Trump it appears they were just playing it safe.  
I know the info that came out on his blood oxygen levels came out some time after this comment, but it appears there was a legit reason to do what they did and it was a good bit more than "playing it safe".  I don't know how to say it any differently, but these protocols are bigger than individual variables and there's a reason they are in place.  They won't violate them if there isn't a good reason to.

I'm not a conspiracy guy at all. I'd like to think that for once (IMHO) they simply made the safe and careful call. No matter anyone's opinion on this President, a sick, harmed, hurt or dying President of the United States is not a good thing. Ever.
Nor am I.  All I've said is that there's a good reason beyond "safe and careful" that they'd decide to take him off site.  If his oxygen levels are as Meadows alleges, that's a pretty good reason.

Trump flaunted his disdain for masks and social distancing, ridiculed those who did and sabotaged a united national and scientific approach to dealing with the disease.

His lack of leadership and the example he set for his adoring masses has heightened the chaos and uncertainty of this crisis and also contributed to thousands of more deaths.

He is reaping what he sowed.

Additionally choosing to expose others to being infected through his own conduct.. Disgraceful to use one of his favorite words.

Trump flaunted his disdain for masks and social distancing, ridiculed those who did and sabotaged a united national and scientific approach to dealing with the disease.

His lack of leadership and the example he set for his adoring masses has heightened the chaos and uncertainty of this crisis and also contributed to thousands of more deaths.

He is reaping what he sowed.

Additionally choosing to expose others to being infected through his own conduct.. Disgraceful to use one of his favorite words.
Be better 

Should one assume that if Hillary Clinton was hospitalized for coronavirus that there would be an outpouring of sympathy from Hannity and other Trump supporters? And this would not be a fair comparison because Hillary never downplayed the virus, Hillary never acted cavalier or recklessly about the virus. I am not saying here on this site but you could be sure many would be thrilled that she was sick.

I’m going to overlook the statement about the 72-hour/day 3 thing. One of the weirdest parts of the timeline to me is that Hicks was sick on the plane Wednesday and that it took over 24-hours for Trump to be aware that he tested positive. Undoubtedly he would have been tested Wednesday night, right?

Someone getting tested frequently should also test positive days before having symptoms. It just doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t have tested positive earlier. That goes for Hicks too. Wouldn’t she have been tested earlier in the week?

Nor am I.  All I've said is that there's a good reason beyond "safe and careful" that they'd decide to take him off site.  If his oxygen levels are as Meadows alleges, that's a pretty good reason.
It’s been clarified that Trump received oxygen while at the White House, but not WRAMC. Just as rapid onset of symptoms only a day or two after exposure is atypical, so is weaning off oxygen so quickly. Has anyone reportedly how low his saturations dropped, and for how long?

In fairness to jon mx and JB, I see lots of I-hope-he-dies on another site that I lurk at.  Those people definitely exist.  They just don't exist here because this board features a better class of people.  (Not joking -- the way this board is moderated has produced a pretty good community compared what else is out there).

I’m going to overlook the statement about the 72-hour/day 3 thing. One of the weirdest parts of the timeline to me is that Hicks was sick on the plane Wednesday and that it took over 24-hours for Trump to be aware that he tested positive. Undoubtedly he would have been tested Wednesday night, right?

Someone getting tested frequently should also test positive days before having symptoms. It just doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t have tested positive earlier. That goes for Hicks too. Wouldn’t she have been tested earlier in the week?

Has the frequency of WH staff/official testing been stated publicly? Agree that anyone in close contact with Hicks, including the POTUS, should’ve been tested as soon as there was suspicion she was sick.

As the ultra rapid tests (15-45 minute) aren’t nearly as sensitive, it’s possible he had a false negative screening test that was checked with a more sensitive PCR swab, whose processing times can take many hours. I know we’ve found false negative antigen tests in patients that were high clinical suspicion, so a second (PCR) test was performed, which turned out positive. Either way, it’s really fishy that Trump would risk exposing others with Hicks being suspected, or even worse, confirmed covid +.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the frequency of WH staff/official testing been clarified publicly? Agree that anyone in close contact with Hicks, including the POTUS, should’ve been tested as soon as there was suspicion she was sick.

As the ultra rapid tests (15-45 minute) aren’t nearly as sensitive, it’s possible he had a false negative screening test that was checked with a more sensitive PCR swab, whose processing times can take many hours. I know we’ve found false negatives that were high clinical suspicion, so a second test was performed which turned out positive. Either way, it’s really fishy that Trump would risk exposing others with Hicks being suspected, or even worse, confirmed covid +.
Also if he tested false negative Wednesday and earlier,  you’d think they would tell us that information.

Also if he tested false negative Wednesday and earlier,  you’d think they would tell us that information.
Why? It would just make the medical staff and/or POTUS look bad, while not dramatically altering his treatment or contact tracing.

ETA The three cases I know where a false negative was followed by positive test were found only because an internist pushed for a second test after an ER physician accepted the first test at face value.

Why? It would just make the medical staff and/or POTUS look bad, while not dramatically altering his treatment or contact tracing.
People are wondering if he went to NJ on Thursday knowing he was positive.  As you mentioned, it’s bad either way but less bad, in my opinion, if he tested negative.  

People are wondering if he went to NJ on Thursday knowing he was positive.  As you mentioned, it’s bad either way but less bad, in my opinion, if he tested negative.  
I’m not sure that’s a distinction the average voter will make. I guess if he was asymptomatic with a negative antigen test Wed PM many would give him a pass.  

The initial answer to this question I raised yesterday, how will this affect the election appears to be: it will help Joe Biden: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign-polls/519509-biden-widens-lead-after-trump-diagnosis-poll%3famp

10 point lead, after the diagnosis. Another poll has Biden up by 14 points taken right before the news. 
Obviously none of this is definitive yet. And yes these are national polls, not state by state. But- realistically Trump cannot lose the popular vote by 10 points and win  the electoral college. From what I’ve read he needs to be within 4 points or less nationally to have a chance. 

In fairness to jon mx and JB, I see lots of I-hope-he-dies on another site that I lurk at.  Those people definitely exist.  They just don't exist here because this board features a better class of people.  (Not joking -- the way this board is moderated has produced a pretty good community compared what else is out there).
Right. I wasn’t claiming that those people don’t exist. I was just making the point that they’re not around in this forum. 
@Joe Bryant yesterday you expressed some frustration about this forum. IMO you should be proud of it. You have no idea how much better the conversation is here than just about anywhere else on the Internet. The internet is really an ugly place these days. 

Right. I wasn’t claiming that those people don’t exist. I was just making the point that they’re not around in this forum. 
@Joe Bryant yesterday you expressed some frustration about this forum. IMO you should be proud of it. You have no idea how much better the conversation is here than just about anywhere else on the Internet. The internet is really an ugly place these days. 
Joe has done a good job of making this his forum and I have been here long enough to know that he wouldn’t want me to share my unvarnished opinions on this board. It is not that the folks you described are not here, it’s that we know when to hold our tongue.

Who was calling him out for hiding from covid? 

Its next level if the timeline is true and he knew of the positive and went to functions and did it without telling people and without a mask.  I THINK even you can see the total lack of self responsibility in those actions.  

Also with your post- he didn't protect himself and others the best he could, and that is the point. 
Biden did - Democrats have, saying he hid in a bunker

Nobody knows the timeline but Democrats will make it look that way

For every covid-19 positive person in America are you REALLY going to blame someone else for not protecting others best they can? LOL - its a PANDEMIC ... a VIRUS ..... short of total and complete isolation it won't be slowed or stopped - or until a really good vaccine is found

I mean you make it sound like wearing a mask and we'd stop it, wash hands and we've cured it. Buddy it doesn't work like that

• Sad
seems like, maybe, possibly

nobody knows - don't listen to the lies and rumors, they're spread for a reason and it doesn't matter much anyway, its a VIRUS and a PANDEMIC

Should one assume that if Hillary Clinton was hospitalized for coronavirus that there would be an outpouring of sympathy from Hannity and other Trump supporters? And this would not be a fair comparison because Hillary never downplayed the virus, Hillary never acted cavalier or recklessly about the virus. I am not saying here on this site but you could be sure many would be thrilled that she was sick.
There's a difference between the Hannitys and normal internet commentors.  I think Joe and Co. run this place pretty tightly...so you wouldn't see it hear; but across the internet spectrum there'd be millions of "Good...I hope she dies" styled comments.

Hannity wouldn't wish her ill will.....he'd give a cursory "we hope for the best for her".....but then he'd go into a ten minute diatribe how the illness puts into question Hillarys ability to lead and handle the rigors of the Presidency.  

For every covid-19 positive person in America are you REALLY going to blame someone else for not protecting others best they can? LOL - its a PANDEMIC ... a VIRUS ..... short of total and complete isolation it won't be slowed or stopped - or until a really good vaccine is found

I mean you make it sound like wearing a mask and we'd stop it, wash hands and we've cured it. Buddy it doesn't work like that
Explain most other 1st world countries doing exponentially better than the US then. 

And wasn’t the bunker thing during the riots/protests?

1.  What are you talking about with the first one?   

2.  Didn't we get confirmation that the positive test came on Weds morning?  The info about being 72 hours into this...

3.   You keep drumming this narrative, but nobody but you is saying "stop".  You also keep ignoring the countless other countries that seem to have been able to slow it down drastically.   

4.  Yes, I do blame people when they don't attempt protect themselves and others to the best of their ability.   You beating the drum of self responsibility so much, I would think that you would be on board for that.  Trump didn't seem to bother with any of the steps - distance, mask, etc..    Even worse, he seemed to not notify people of the positive test before going to more functions.  At the very least with you always talking about choices would be on board with the idea that he could have at least told people at the functions he was positive and let them make the choice if they wanted to take the risk or not.  

Explain most other 1st world countries doing exponentially better than the US then. 

Yes the bunker criticism was about the protests outside the WH before they proceeded to pepper spray hundreds of peaceful organizers, including clergy members,  so Trump could stand in front of a church holding a bible upside down. Had nothing to do with COVID.

Yes the bunker criticism was about the protests outside the WH before they proceeded to pepper spray hundreds of peaceful organizers, including clergy members,  so Trump could stand in front of a church holding a bible upside down. Had nothing to do with COVID.
Yeah but that’s pretty close to what he said

The party of personal responsibility (only if you are poor or liberal or a minority). Rich powerful white men need a bit more help and excuses sometimes. 

• Thinking
seems like, maybe, possibly

nobody knows - don't listen to the lies and rumors, they're spread for a reason and it doesn't matter much anyway, its a VIRUS and a PANDEMIC
Lies and rumors? It was the WH doctors who have been making the contradicting statements. Also it is neither a lie nor a rumor that the President held a ceremony for ACB with very few masks, no social distancing and lots of close contact. 

4.  Yes, I do blame people when they don't attempt protect themselves and others to the best of their ability.   You beating the drum of self responsibility so much, I would think that you would be on board for that.  Trump didn't seem to bother with any of the steps - distance, mask, etc..    Even worse, he seemed to not notify people of the positive test before going to more functions.  At the very least with you always talking about choices would be on board with the idea that he could have at least told people at the functions he was positive and let them make the choice if they wanted to take the risk or not.  
I am not going to elaborate further, but this may be insightful in helping to understand the conversation you are having:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/786342-can-we-continue-the-discussion-about-masks/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-22832288

There were no riots - Democrats said it was all peaceful protests right ??     but yes, Democrats said Trump was hiding from covid and being a poor leader.

other countries are not "exponentially" better - if they were testing and reporting like the USA is IMO they'd all be on par with us. I mean if Trump took Australian measures or Sweden measures or UK measures or China ... he'd be called every name in the book regardless of the response he chose. 

don't ya'll see that ?   he's in a no win situation with the 4 years of Trump hate that's built and built. He cannot be a leader to people who don't want him to lead, and those people then blame him for not being a leader. Its astonishing really to see the ultra hypocrisy that spews from the liberal left. 

Users who are viewing this thread