What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (3 Viewers)

Going to Walter Reed per CNBC--I'm watching it live, sorry for lack of link.

Must be a bit more serious.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
They're saying it's a precaution, but I can't imagine Trump is going to go to the Hospital and have the media circus if he can avoid it.

• Thanks

They may just be taking every precaution. Is it common for someone to be hospitalized within a day of symptoms? I thought the bad stuff started happening after about a week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe - but there might be a more practical reason.

The White House is apparently infested with COVID - it might simply be to get him to a sterile location, where he can rest/recover.
There are tweets saying the WH is saying he'll work from presidential offices that are at Walter Reed.

Angry Staffer@AngrierWHStaff·1m

FWIW, they knew Trump was going to Walter Reed hours ago. They waited until the markets closed to announce it.

• Sad
Zeke Emanuel@ZekeEmanuel · 33m

You do not give a patient -- much less the President of the United States -- a drug that is not yet approved by the FDA (to say nothing of one with "mild symptoms"). Unsurprisingly, the Trump WH is not being forthright to the American people about the health of their President.

Its a valid point, but Trump has gone the unconventional route before.  Still an odd choice, imo, to go with an experimental treatment for mild symptoms.

• Smile

Wow
Very ominous to see Marine One parked on the lawn of the White House, waiting for Trump to board. I wonder if he will walk to the helicopter or if he'll be wheeled in a wheelchair....or something else.

You do not give a patient -- much less the President of the United States -- a drug that is not yet approved by the FDA (to say nothing of one with "mild symptoms"). Unsurprisingly, the Trump WH is not being forthright to the American people about the health of their President.

Its a valid point, but Trump has gone the unconventional route before.  Still an odd choice, imo, to go with an experimental treatment for mild symptoms.
Add in the complete radio silence on Twitter - and maybe this does add up to something more.

(And nobody is buying the WH story that Trump was working all day, and will be working at Walter Reed.  No tweets = No work)

• Smile

Either they’re lying about the mild symptoms or the doctors have no control and giving into his demands without resistance. Imagine being the doctor that prescribes an experimental treatment that leads to harm of the President.

• Smile

They may just be taking every precaution. Is it common for someone to be hospitalized within a day of symptoms? I thought the bad stuff started happening after about a week?
Im actually surprised they didnt have a plan and already had a hospital setup in the WH.  That said, and no offense, this administration doesnt strike me a planners.

Not good. Rooting for Donald Trump to beat this. No one just goes to the hospital for the heck of it. Get better quick DJT. 
Agreed.

And talk will (and likely should) start pretty soon about placing power in the hands of the VP until confidence in his health is restored.

No matter views on Trump, this is a tough time for the country when there's a question about the physical health of the president.  At times like these, other adversaries could take advantage of the situation as well, and hopefully this doesn't happen either.

More good points.

I don't think he's faking it, but I'm reading a lot of people who are full blown conspiracy theorists about this.

What's utterly bizarre to me?  Ben Carson, medical doctor, Trump cabinet member DIED because of COVID and just might have contracted it at the Tulsa Trump rally where he was maskless....and yet the entire Trump team continues to mock the idea of wearing a mask and leans into this just being like the flu, or - even worse - A HOAX.  It's just almost too hard to believe this is happening.  
You had it right that Herman Cain is the one who died. As others mentioned, Ben Carson is the MD in Trump's cabinet, but he's still alive. 

Not good. Rooting for Donald Trump to beat this. No one just goes to the hospital for the heck of it. Get better quick DJT. 
Agreed.

And talk will (and likely should) start pretty soon about placing power in the hands of the VP until confidence in his health is restored.

No matter views on Trump, this is a tough time for the country when there's a question about the physical health of the president.  At times like these, other adversaries could take advantage of the situation as well, and hopefully this doesn't happen either.
There are no adversaries.  We are all Americans

Very ominous to see Marine One parked on the lawn of the White House, waiting for Trump to board. I wonder if he will walk to the helicopter or if he'll be wheeled in a wheelchair....or something else.
Boarding marine one on a wheelchair or other help would be an image that we won’t forget. 

• Sad
And all the frontline healthcare workers taking care of these folks.
I just can't imagine having the courage and fortitude to get up every day and knowingly head into a pandemic treatment zone to help others like they do. Not only the immediate risk of exposure to themselves, but the mental/emotional hardship of dealing with the symptoms and morbid outcomes experienced by patients with this disease. No amount of praise is enough.

And all the frontline healthcare workers taking care of these folks.
I just can't imagine having the courage and fortitude to get up every day and knowingly head into a pandemic treatment zone to help others like they do. Not only the immediate risk of exposure to themselves, but the mental/emotional hardship of dealing with the symptoms and morbid outcomes experienced by patients with this disease. No amount of praise is enough.
That was my wifes life for about 6 weeks.  Total of ~30 deaths in the facility and a co-worker and their family 😢

Im actually surprised they didnt have a plan and already had a hospital setup in the WH.  That said, and no offense, this administration doesnt strike me a planners.
They have facilities in the WH.

This is either - because it is more serious than thought, or because the WH has too much COVID and needs a deep cleanse.

• Thanks
This is surprising.  I doubt they would take him to the hospital and administer an experimental drug if symptons weren't already serious.  He is clearly not in good shape as he appears to be overweight.

I hope he recovers is it is not good to have a sick President (even if I disagree with him).

• Love
They have facilities in the WH.

This is either - because it is more serious than thought, or because the WH has too much COVID and needs a deep cleanse.
I assume there are locations other than a hospital that they’d go if this was mostly about needing to be somewhere without the virus. 

• Smile
I think we should refrain from uninformed speculation here. We really don't know what's going on. There are plenty of reasons for him to head to the hospital that don't involve aggravated symptoms. You don't take chances with the President's health and well being.

I assume there are locations other than a hospital that they’d go if this was mostly about needing to be somewhere without the virus. 
It has to be secure - Walter Reed will be the most secure place he can easily get to - to have both medical facilities and privacy.

Trump does not want his condition leaked to the press ever few hours.

They're saying it's a precaution, but I can't imagine Trump is going to go to the Hospital and have the media circus if he can avoid it.
To go as a precaution would break all protocols ever established. The only reason to go is to do something they can't do at the white house  i don't know what the deal is but is more than precautionary

Guess I'd better go ahead and :blackdot: here since we can't have a thread in the FFA.  Best wishes and healing thoughts to all who have contracted this disease, Presidential and otherwise.  Have we heard anything about Melania's condition and whether she has any concerning symptoms?  Being younger, female, and thin hopefully should help, but it's not a given.

I doubt you drive directly to your actual ball right next to it...onto the tee box...and right next to the green as he does.

Gets a lot of exercise...please.

Also...10,000 steps?  I ran 5.5 miles this morning at an average cadence of 161 steps per minute.  Given the time of my run (just under 59 minutues)...that is over 14,000 steps...there is zero chance he comes close to 10,000 steps in a round of golf.
I played a round last week with a cart and walked 8,700 steps. Had to spend a little time looking for a lost ball twice.  

Guess I'd better go ahead and :blackdot: here since we can't have a thread in the FFA.  Best wishes and healing thoughts to all who have contracted this disease, Presidential and otherwise.  Have we heard anything about Melania's condition and whether she has any concerning symptoms?  Being younger, female, and thin hopefully should help, but it's not a given.
It was just reported she had a mild cough and a slight headache. I don’t think they mentioned anything about a fever for her.

Yeah, I never want to have that talk again. <_<

*Mods, sorry if disrespectful but some of us laugh instead of cry in tough times.  I would never dream of posting otherwise towards anyone else. This is making fun of myself.

Major Garret on CBS News just now with a critical rant about the lack of communication coming from the WH.

Users who are viewing this thread