What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trying to quit smoking (1 Viewer)

One day at a time Johnny. And not to scare you but at your age it's getting late to have quitting have meaningful impacts on your life. And once you develop some kind of lung related condition they're extremely hard to reverse. And spending the rest of your days needing oxygen or something worse is no way to spend your last days. My MIL just died of lunch cancer at 74. She quit at 70.

If you're lucky enough to have not developed any noticeable lung effects you've gotten luck so far. Quit now rather than just keep doubling down on that luck.

You can do it and everything about your life will improve when you do. Taste, smell, lung capacity, how you smell, you'll have more money, etc.

Best of luck.
I’ve been fully checked with X-rays, CT lung cancer screening, COPD test and my lungs are OK. I was coughing chronically however. That has now gone away since I quit smoking and I feel good.
My wife made the comment that I may be allergic to smoking. Thus the coughing and congestion and disgusting spitting up and sinus issues, yet my lungs show nothing wrong and passed the COPD test. When I stopped smoking all those symptoms magically disappeared. Of course I've been smoking since the 70s, except between 2009 - 2014, so I'm not sure about the allergic angle. However, I do know that as we age we can become allergic to new things and lose being allergic to others. The human body is amazing.

Last edited:
51 days today and still going strong. I'm down to my last 5 patches of step 3 (7mg). The last time I quit I used Chantix in 2009 and quit through 2014. The fact remains, even after you quit it becomes a mind game and whether you can win that or not. I'm not fooling myself this time. I know this and it comes down to how much I want it.

51 days today and still going strong. I'm down to my last 5 patches of step 3 (7mg). The last time I quit I used Chantix in 2009 and quit through 2014. The fact remains, even after you quit it becomes a mind game and whether you can win that or not. I'm not fooling myself this time. I know this and it comes down to how much I want it.
By the way I've stopped coughing and feel good in the morning.

Keep it going JohnnyU. Really glad to see this. My dad quit when his grandkids were little -- he doesn't regret it at all now, a decade+ later.

Users who are viewing this thread