What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turner returns to practice. If he plays must start? (1 Viewer)

Hard to remember a team handling a RB's injury worse than this one with Turner.
Agreed :unsure: . We have to start 3 RBs and wtih a healthy Turner I could have had a trifecta of Turner, R Williams & Wells. Instead I'm left to scramble between Ward & C. Jennings. Obviously I'm not happy because of what it did to me fantasy wise but that aside it was really idiotic for the Falcons to wheel his out as early as they did. You just knew he wasn't ready and was going to get hurt again.I dropped him this week for Nugent (yep...as in the kicker). What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
jackdubl said:
Dude - Turner was injured on his first play against the Jets. He claimed later they were going for his bad ankle intentionally. The Falcons played him because he was ready to try and get back. They did not have clairvoyance about his lasting the entire game.Your "memory" is a typical slam at Atlanta- easy to criticize I guess

jackdubl said:
Dude - Turner was injured on his first play against the Jets. He claimed later they were going for his bad ankle intentionally. The Falcons played him because he was ready to try and get back. They did not have clairvoyance about his lasting the entire game.Your "memory" is a typical slam at Atlanta- easy to criticize I guess
Is Turner the only player in the league that players go after his injured area. What about two weeks before that when he tried to play and re-injured the ankle....was he ready then also?If you continuously re-injure the ankle that you injured, well then you're probably not healed.

jackdubl said:
Is Turner the only player in the league that players go after his injured area. What about two weeks before that when he tried to play and re-injured the ankle....was he ready then also?If you continuously re-injure the ankle that you injured, well then you're probably not healed.
So, you agree the Falcons should not have played their all pro back when the play-offs are on the line just so FF players could get a good read on the situation? lol

jackdubl said:
So, you agree the Falcons should not have played their all pro back when the play-offs are on the line just so FF players could get a good read on the situation? lol
lol, I would think both FF owners and Atlanta should want the same thing, Turner to be effective...not to trot out a guy that is clearly not healed.Are you saying that rushing an ineffective and obviously not healed Turner back to run 12 times for 33 yards against Tampa Bay, a game that they lost, was the right decision. Fortunately we don't need a crystal ball because the game was played, and it was the wrong call. That's OK, wrong calls get made all the time, I can see why they would want Turner in...doesn't change the fact that it was the wrong call.Maybe if they actually let his ankle heal he would have been able to play and be effective the next week in Philly or the week after in NO...when the playoffs were still on the line!

jackdubl said:
lol, I would think both FF owners and Atlanta should want the same thing, Turner to be effective...not to trot out a guy that is clearly not healed.Are you saying that rushing an ineffective and obviously not healed Turner back to run 12 times for 33 yards against Tampa Bay, a game that they lost, was the right decision. Fortunately we don't need a crystal ball because the game was played, and it was the wrong call. That's OK, wrong calls get made all the time, I can see why they would want Turner in...doesn't change the fact that it was the wrong call.Maybe if they actually let his ankle heal he would have been able to play and be effective the next week in Philly or the week after in NO...when the playoffs were still on the line!
read the reports from late last week.Turner practiced full participation. Ankle NOT expected to be injured..

[

Dude - Turner was injured on his first play against the Jets. He claimed later they were going for his bad ankle intentionally. The Falcons played him because he was ready to try and get back. They did not have clairvoyance about his lasting the entire game.

Your "memory" is a typical slam at Atlanta- easy to criticize I guess

Is Turner the only player in the league that players go after his injured area. What about two weeks before that when he tried to play and re-injured the ankle....was he ready then also?

If you continuously re-injure the ankle that you injured, well then you're probably not healed.

So, you agree the Falcons should not have played their all pro back when the play-offs are on the line just so FF players could get a good read on the situation?

lol

lol, I would think both FF owners and Atlanta should want the same thing, Turner to be effective...not to trot out a guy that is clearly not healed.

Are you saying that rushing an ineffective and obviously not healed Turner back to run 12 times for 33 yards against Tampa Bay, a game that they lost, was the right decision. Fortunately we don't need a crystal ball because the game was played, and it was the wrong call. That's OK, wrong calls get made all the time, I can see why they would want Turner in...doesn't change the fact that it was the wrong call.

Maybe if they actually let his ankle heal he would have been able to play and be effective the next week in Philly or the week after in NO...when the playoffs were still on the line!

read the reports from late last week.

Turner practiced full participation. Ankle NOT expected to be injured.

It was a high ankle sprain that typically take 4-6 weeks to heal, especially for a position that entails cutting. Turner was rushed back and clearly less than 100% against Tampa and had setback #1. He was clearly back way earlier for that game that anyone with any injury experience had originally forecast. He did more damage to the ankle vs Tampa and had to be held out subsequently. He then comes back against the JETs. Ankles that are abused and chronically re-sprained, buckle way easier than ankles that are fully healed. Turner is tackled on what visually appears to be a routine tackle vs the JETS and rolls it again. Turner should have been held out a minimum of 4 weeks per the original injury and he likely would have been good to go. Instead, damaged goods all year and maybe for his career.

Users who are viewing this thread