What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (2 Viewers)

I'm cutting him in redraft. Can't hang on that long. Will look to pick him back up later in the season.

What is his dynasty outlook? Has the landscape changed much on him? With his lack of usage and now injury people seem to be forgetting about him.

Ketamine Dreams said:
What is his dynasty outlook? Has the landscape changed much on him? With his lack of usage and now injury people seem to be forgetting about him.
Buy, buy, buy all day. He's going to be very good. His movement is excellent for a 6'6" TE.

Rotoworld:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner guesses Tyler Eifert (elbow) will return from the injured reserve/designated for return list in Week 11 against the Saints.

Eifert is worth rostering for forward-thinking fantasy owners in need of tight end help. He was a big part of OC Hue Jackson's game plan in Week 1, before dislocating the elbow, racking up three early catches for 37 yards. Jermaine Gresham has done nothing to instill confidence as a pass catcher during Eifert's absence, while A.J. Green (toe) is now hobbled and Marvin Jones (foot) is on I.R. Eifert could flirt with TE1 stats down the stretch.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Oct 24 - 1:18 PM

It's looking iffy for Eifert to return this year - at least to have any meaningful impact.

Starting to look to next year guys - what are dynasty/keeper thoughts on Eifert? He's obviously lost valuable time to develop, but Gresham will likely be gone (UFA).

It's looking iffy for Eifert to return this year - at least to have any meaningful impact.

Starting to look to next year guys - what are dynasty/keeper thoughts on Eifert? He's obviously lost valuable time to develop, but Gresham will likely be gone (UFA).
Such an unknown. I'm looking to acquire, if I can get a discount from an impatient owner.

Such an unknown. I'm looking to acquire, if I can get a discount from an impatient owner.
How has your trade deadline not expired? Its week 13 for crying out loud lol

If the guys sat on him all season doubt ur getting a discount at years end. That said in a dynasty he's my #4 tight end. Has as much to do with the tight end landscape as him. He almost gained value for me this season since nobody else stepped up.

If the guys sat on him all season doubt ur getting a discount at years end. That said in a dynasty he's my #4 tight end. Has as much to do with the tight end landscape as him. He almost gained value for me this season since nobody else stepped up.
He's on my waiver wire in my keeper league, so really wouldn't cost me anything. Just wondering what people thought of him.

You're right that few guys have blossomed in that second tier behind Gronk/Graham/Thomas, so perhaps #4 isn't out of the realm. The Bengals haven't historically used the TE much, but Gresham has been averaging about 5-6 targets a game (albeit without Marvin Jones there).

He's on my waiver wire in my keeper league, so really wouldn't cost me anything. Just wondering what people thought of him.You're right that few guys have blossomed in that second tier behind Gronk/Graham/Thomas, so perhaps #4 isn't out of the realm. The Bengals haven't historically used the TE much, but Gresham has been averaging about 5-6 targets a game (albeit without Marvin Jones there).
They said he was going to be a big part of the offense and he seemed to be just that with 3 catches for 40 odd yards in the 1st quarter of game one. Unfortunately that's all we saw. Talent wise I think he's behind only gronk and graham.

I have him ranked about where I did entering the season. TE5. I'm a big believer in his talent.

I still like him long term. I think he was on the verge of a breakout this year with Green missing time and Jones out. He could have eaten into a lot of Sanu's numbers. Skills wise, I agree with an above poster that he could very well be around a top 5 dynasty TE due to the horrible TE landscape. Getting targets may be an issue when the Bengals are fully healthy, but in dynasty you can't worry about that. Roster the most talented players and eventually the opportunity will come.

I have him ranked about where I did entering the season. TE5. I'm a big believer in his talent.
Who's #4 for you?

Who's #4 for you?
I'm not the guy you quoted, but for me, #4 would be Kelce. I'd imagine Kelce and Eiftert to be pretty similar though and if he's used as I would imagine, I might put him ahead of Kelce. The fact that I've seen more from Kelce so far has him ahead though. I also could see Cameron there for some people, but not for me. Outside of a really strong start to last year, he has been nothing spectacular.

Who's #4 for you?
I'm not the guy you quoted, but for me, #4 would be Kelce. I'd imagine Kelce and Eiftert to be pretty similar though and if he's used as I would imagine, I might put him ahead of Kelce. The fact that I've seen more from Kelce so far has him ahead though. I also could see Cameron there for some people, but not for me. Outside of a really strong start to last year, he has been nothing spectacular.
Kelce I could see, Ebron I could see if you believe in him, Cameron's concussions leave him out of that spot for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who's #4 for you?
Cameron. Kelce 6 and Ebron 7.

I can see the case for Cameron at #4 given that he's done it before and even taking into account his concussion history. Also depends where he lands next year via free agency, as it can only be a positive with Gordon as the target hound in Cleveland.

Who's #4 for you?
Cameron. Kelce 6 and Ebron 7.
Cameron sucks. I would take Kelce, Ebron, Dwayne Allen, Fleener, and probably Ertz well ahead of Cameron. He's been the most frustrating player on my roster.

I can see the case for Cameron at #4 given that he's done it before and even taking into account his concussion history. Also depends where he lands next year via free agency, as it can only be a positive with Gordon as the target hound in Cleveland.
Concussion history scares me too much. 3 in two years, correct? That prolly means a half dozen.

How bizzare, a Tyler Thigpen thread open on the day he does this and no mention of it?

http://deadspin.com/cops-tyler-thigpen-arrested-after-falling-asleep-at-we-1663204356

Cops: Tyler Thigpen Arrested After Falling Asleep At Wendy's Drive-Thru

Free-agent NFL QB Tyler Thigpen was arrested early Sunday morning in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and charged with DUI. Police claim that Thigpen's car sat in a Wendy's drive-thru for 20 minutes, with him asleep at the wheel.

According to the police report obtained by the Sun News, officers needed several minutes to awaken Thigpen, who was slumped in the driver's seat of his black Cadillac SUV. When he awoke, the report claims, Thigpen didn't know where he was or how he got there.

The report says Thigpen smelled of alcohol, but told cops he hadn't been drinking. He refused sobriety tests at the scene, and a breathalyzer test back at the police station.

Thigpen was booked on a DUI charge and bonded out on Sunday afternoon.

Thigpen, who starred at Coastal Carolina, last played in 2012 for the Bills, and was waived by the Browns in camp this past August.
EDIT: :topcat: :lol: :doh:

Watching Gresham catch a ton of passes last night makes you wonder what Eifert could have done this year if he had been healthy.

Maybe next year if/when Gresham leaves as a free agent.

Eifert woulda been a monster. The thing that kills me with Gresh is the drops and fact that he no longer breaks tackles like he did his first couple of years.

-QG

gresham was such an awful first round pick. coulda had dez or demaryius. just so lol at taking a first round te.

From what I've read, elbow dislocation is no joke. It can permanently hinder mobility in the arm. It's not something you just bounce right back from.

I'm a little worried, but hopefully they're just taking their time with his recovery.

Bengals are the worst team to get any medical info out of, makes the Patriots look like an open book. One of the beat writers who has seen him in rehab thought there was a chance he'd be back for the playoffs so he's progressing, just slowly.

I still don't understand how he isn't back from a Week 1 injury.
My understanding is that the dislocated elbow is one of those injuries where it could be 3-4 weeks and you're as good as new, or it could be months and months, it all just depends on what kind of structural damage there is. Early reports coming out were pretty positive and suggested that Eifert would be back very quickly. I remember I was partly surprised when he went on the short-term IR, because I had gotten the impression that it wasn't going to be that long of an injury. But like Fruity Pebbles says, the Bengals are really infamous for how they handle injuries. They lie, they mislead, the obscure and obfuscate, or they just don't say anything at all. There are few things worse than owning an injured Bengal, because there's really no way you're going to know what the deal really is until after the season, if then.

Mailbag: Dalton's Decision-Making, "Baby Hawk's" T-Shirt Statement, Eifert Update

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/21/7416765/mailbag-daltons-decision-making-baby-hawks-t-shirt-statement-eifert

Excerpt:

@CJAnthonyCUI @CincyJungle Probably too late, but any idea what's happening with Eifert?

7:39 AM - 18 Dec 2014

None. Like, nary a peep, none. Last we heard, our good friend Geoff Hobson at Bengals.com wrote that the team could be shelving him until the postseason. That's entirely possible and would be a welcomed addition to the team's passing attack.

Still, with the debacle of Vontaze Burfict's knee, and the fact that Eifert was supposed to be targeting the Week Ten game against the Browns as his potential return, it isn't inspiring too much hope. Bengals radio analyst Dave Lapham went on air a few weeks back and said that there's concern that the dislocated elbow that Eifert had/has isn't healing properly. Yeah, that's not good.

Having Eifert back would be a nice security blanket for Andy Dalton, given the fact that he hasn't had two of his top receiving targets this season in Eifert and Marvin Jones. His return could be a boost for red zone efficiency (even though the Bengals are already ranked 10th in that area) and provide some stability for a unit that has seen some inconsistencies in 2014.

I'll be optimistic in saying that I'm hopeful he'll be back for the postseason because Hobson thinks so and Eifert has been seen out there doing side work at practice. But, if the developments with Burfict are any indication, the optimists might be severely disappointed.

Tough call. Have to see how Eifert's recovery goes. Ebron, IMHO showed less than I thought he would, and I wasn't expecting a blockbuster year to begin with.

Rotoworld:

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert (elbow/shoulder) said Monday that he will be ready for 2015 training camp.
Eifert dislocated his elbow in Week 1 and underwent shoulder surgery during the 2014 season, costing him all but two quarters. His loss was a big one for the Bengals, as OC Hue Jackson had major plans for Eifert as a complementary pass catcher behind A.J. Green. With Jermaine Gresham scheduled for 2015 free agency, Eifert will be a breakout candidate in his third NFL season.

Source: Geoff Hobson on Twitter
Jan 5 - 2:22 PM

Definitely could be a value pick for next year, but the potential departure of Hue Jackson could throw a wrench into things unless they get a TE-friendly OC to replace him.

Basically 0 chance they bring back Gresham.
I think they would bring him back if he gets no other suitors and they can get him as a bargain. But the fact that Gresham graded out as the #1 pass blocker in the league will probably garner some interest from other teams even if his pass catching duties are lessened.

Users who are viewing this thread