What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (2 Viewers)

I recently took him in the 9th of a dyno draft. 8th TE taken. Ebron didn't go until the late 10th (which is crazy).

(RotoWire)Andy Dalton has frequently targeted Eifert throughout training camp, the Bengals' official website reports.

Analysis: Eifert has been one of the standout performers at Bengals camp, with multiple reports referring to him as "uncoverable" or "always open". Now that Eifert is healthy and Jermaine Gresham is no longer on the roster, the third-year Notre Dame product is looking at an expanded role in the offense, potentially even emerging as Andy Dalton's second-favorite target behind A.J. Green. Of course, Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson loves to run the ball, and WR Marvin Jones is also healthy after losing all of 2014 to an injury.

I was at the scrimmage Saturday and he definitely looked like the best player on the field, but fwiw that's been true for 3 straight camps now. Needs to stay healthy and maybe this one turns out differently.

850/7. Good enough for TE3?
In ppr that would have been in the 3 to 5 range last year.
This time of year, all TE's are looking great in practice and in line for 850/7!
Olsen, Kelce, and Bennett. Sure. They're all quite a bit more expensive though. Eifert strikes me as the best option of the rest to hit those numbers with the most potential to exceed them.

Sefarian-Jenkins is dropping passes and has huge competition for targets. Ertz is still running with the second team. Witten and Gates are another year older. Cameron and Thomas are on new teams.

JFS171 said:
Anyone bought recently here? Curious what a price check looks like in dynasty...
A few weeks ago I traded my 2.1 (13th pick) for Eifert. I was looking to take Max Williams or Ajayi with that pick and feel good about the trade now.

I was offered Duke Johnson for him. Duke was picked in the middle of the third round of our FA/Rookie draft. I passed.

JFS171 said:
Anyone bought recently here? Curious what a price check looks like in dynasty...
I have way too many tight ends in one of my leagues, but I don't want to drop him. I put him on the block before our rookie draft the best I got for an offer was 2.6 but I give back 3.4. The best offer I got since the draft was a 2016 2nd that can be anywhere from 2.4 to 2.12.

Beyond the acquisition cost, would you rather have Eifert or Ertz... who would you personally take first in a startup?

I kind of lean Eifert, given the likely passing game upside. Ertz is clearly talented, but I feel more secure in Eifert's role than in Ertz's role.

Beyond the acquisition cost, would you rather have Eifert or Ertz... who would you personally take first in a startup?

I kind of lean Eifert, given the likely passing game upside. Ertz is clearly talented, but I feel more secure in Eifert's role than in Ertz's role.
Eifert is a better athlete than Ertz - beat him in every category except bench press at the combine.

Finally able to buy... 2 future 2nds (both likely late) in a 16-teamer. Pretty happy with that cost.

Back in March I made the following trade to acquire Eifert:

I gave:

Joe Flacco

Cody Latimer

I got:

Jay Cutler

Tyler Eifert

Very happy with that trade.

Rotoworld:

Tyler Eifert caught two passes for 30 yards in the Bengals' preseason opener against the Giants.

Eifert was targeted by both Andy Dalton and on the first possession of the Josh Johnson group, securing a 12-yard gain from Dalton and an 18-yard pickup from Johnson. Eifert has emerged as the favorite to emerge as the Bengals' second leading receiver this season, behind only A.J. Green.

Aug 14 - 8:09 PM

Earlier this offseason, traded Charles for Eifert, D Adams, and a 2016 3rd. Start 1 RB, TE premium league. Not sure if it would land now.

Earlier this offseason, traded Charles for Eifert, D Adams, and a 2016 3rd. Start 1 RB, TE premium league. Not sure if it would land now.
Jamaal Charles? Yikes, that looks like you made a huge overpay. I love Eifert but even 2 years of Charles is worth a ton of value. Hopefully Adams turns out to be a lot better than he played last year.

Jamaal Charles? Yikes, that looks like you made a huge overpay. I love Eifert but even 2 years of Charles is worth a ton of value. Hopefully Adams turns out to be a lot better than he played last year.
Agree. I'd take the Charles side by a large margin.

Agree. I'd take the Charles side by a large margin.
In start 1 RB, RB's don't have much value. Add in that's it's a TE premium league and I'd rather have Eifert and the potential with Adams in a couple years.

Rotoworld:

Tyler Eifert caught two passes for 30 yards in the Bengals' third preseason game.

He's up to five catches for 67 yards through three games. Eifert has established himself as the No. 2 option behind A.J. Green and should be a factor in the red-zone as long as he stays healthy. In a weak year for tight ends, Eifert is a good bet for low-end TE1 value.

Aug 29 - 10:24 PM

Welp, this guy is a stud. I'm watching the game and he's open on almost every play. He doesn't have that Gronk/Graham freakiness to him, but he just runs and moves so well for a big guy. I think he can be Dalton's Witten.

What a monster day. Looked really quick and had lots of separation. If he can stay healthy he'll probably get ten targets and red zone looks every week.

I was so annoyed that Gronk went one pick in front of me in my main draft and decided to wait until the 10th to go TE. I know it's only week one, but I feel like I've struck late round gold.

You guys like Eifert or Jordan Cameron better?
Talent-wise I think they are pretty similar, but Cameron's injuries are more troubling.

Cincinnati is going to have a decent offense this year and Eifert is their second best receiver behind Green. I see him being pretty consistent.

Cameron is very good and has become underrated, but he seems more volatile to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
the old earfart really did his thing today bromigos this old swcer told you so take that to the bank bromigos

I can't wait to see the offers roll in now, I couldn't give this guy away in the off season.
That surprises me. I actually got LOTS of offers for him from a variety of owners, but it was always lowball stuff. People basically looking to steal him after his year on the sidelines. I've been holding all along and that's still my stance. There are actually a lot of really good dynasty TEs in the league right now (Gronk, Graham, Cameron, ASJ, Ebron), but all the same I don't see too many who I value more than Eifert.

He fell in ona my drafts....grabbed him late after already had olsen.....u can prolly ges who I started! Crap! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread