What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

U2 - Community rankings - FIN - #4 Sunday Bloody Sunday, #3 - One, #2 - Bad, #1 - Where the Streets Have No Name -Spotify links, thanks to Krista4 (2 Viewers)

Btw: I miss this thread & hope everyone is doing well
How are you doing, Neme?
Hi Simey, thanks for asking.

Physically: I’m doing a little better. Had 8 surgical injections from Jan-Sep, but the last 3 mths things are more stable with my neck.

Work wise: it’s gotten worse…way worse. My boss still doesn’t care about my workload & it has affected my health (BP/anxiety is high, etc). I’ve even seen my PCP to get medication to try to combat it. As I suspected, my boss put the screws to me during my annual review & has even taken further steps to push me out. As a result I’ve consulted with an Employment Attorney. 💩will probably hit the fan sometime in Jan.

Still trying to find another job. In OCT thought I found one & had 3 great interviews w the company. And then Poof, they literally ghosted me & stopped responding (it was a legitimate company).
In DEC, had another very promising lead on a position. Had someone inside the company provide a recommendation for me & I interviewed. Went well, but in the end they selected someone else saying they closer matched the hiring criteria.

So w that said, I’m trying to stay positive & really hoping that 2023 is a much better year than 2022.

Btw: I miss this thread & hope everyone is doing well
How are you doing, Neme?
Hi Simey, thanks for asking.

Physically: I’m doing a little better. Had 8 surgical injections from Jan-Sep, but the last 3 mths things are more stable with my neck.

Work wise: it’s gotten worse…way worse. My boss still doesn’t care about my workload & it has affected my health (BP/anxiety is high, etc). I’ve even seen my PCP to get medication to try to combat it. As I suspected, my boss put the screws to me during my annual review & has even taken further steps to push me out. As a result I’ve consulted with an Employment Attorney. 💩will probably hit the fan sometime in Jan.

Still trying to find another job. In OCT thought I found one & had 3 great interviews w the company. And then Poof, they literally ghosted me & stopped responding (it was a legitimate company).
In DEC, had another very promising lead on a position. Had someone inside the company provide a recommendation for me & I interviewed. Went well, but in the end they selected someone else saying they closer matched the hiring criteria.

So w that said, I’m trying to stay positive & really hoping that 2023 is a much better year than 2022.
I'm glad you are physically doing better. Maybe they did find that spot that is the culprit.

What you are dealing with at work sucks. Your boss sounds like a ruthless person that abuses their position of power, and when that poo hits the fan, I hope it sprays all over your boss, and they are covered and smothered in it. They are already dirty on the inside.

I'm sending waves of good vibes your way. 🙌 I do believe good fortune will smile on you soon. You keep believing too! :)

Can't remember what was posted / discussed in this thread previously, but a 40-song collection of re-recorded tracks called Songs Of Surrender will be coming out mid-March. The expectation is that the songs will be versions similar to what Bono performed on his recent book tour. LINK

Have spent some time revisiting the newer albums over the holidays and while traveling for work.
Couple of things:
- Song For Someone and Every Breaking Wave have both moved way up my list (in that order). Really love SFS. Always thought it was good, but for whatever reason it really struck me now as beautiful and soaring.
- Flip side, Moment of Surrender still does zilch for me. I don’t think it accomplishes the purpose of the song. And musically I don’t enjoy it.
- Some of the new songs, like Raised By Wolves, are still complete crap. How did they release this garbage?

Unrelated, my daughter got in trouble for asking Mrs APK “hey, mom, just wondering…..do you think of In God’s Country as being religious in nature?” Mrs APK is beyond sick of that shtick…..despite it being well deserved.

Have spent some time revisiting the newer albums over the holidays and while traveling for work.
Good stuff. I admit to having checked out a bit after No Line on the Horizon. I do enjoy Song for Someone. Every Breaking Wave is kind of meh for me.

Moment of Surrender didn't live up to its potential IMO. Can't recall where I ranked it.

Good stuff. I admit to having checked out a bit after No Line on the Horizon. I do enjoy Song for Someone. Every Breaking Wave is kind of meh for me.

Moment of Surrender didn't live up to its potential IMO. Can't recall where I ranked it.
Well it’s all relative. I had Every Breaking Wave unranked and eventually below 150. It’s moved up a lot from there. ;)

- Song For Someone and Every Breaking Wave have both moved way up my list (in that order). Really love SFS. Always thought it was good, but for whatever reason it really struck me now as beautiful and soaring.
- Flip side, Moment of Surrender still does zilch for me. I don’t think it accomplishes the purpose of the song. And musically I don’t enjoy it.

Just saw this! My #32 (Song for Someone) and #25 (Every Breaking Wave) songs thank you!! :excited: My #27 (Moment of Surrender) is still waiting in the wings for recognition. :)

Just saw this! My #32 (Song for Someone) and #25 (Every Breaking Wave) songs thank you!! :excited: My #27 (Moment of Surrender) is still waiting in the wings for recognition. :)
#27 will have to be from someone else ;)

Did anyone already pay for the U2.com subscription?

I haven’t renewed mine in several years
I was tempted, purely to buy the clear vinyl version of the new double lp.
Decided against it though.
not sure how i feel about 40 songs reimagined. By other artists, sure. Seems a bit self indulgent.
Maybe they finally get Staring at the Sun righg...havent checked the track listing.

Only heard Pride reimagined so far. Its ok i guess.

Did anyone already pay for the U2.com subscription?

I haven’t renewed mine in several years

U2.COM FAQs

U2: UV ACHTUNG BABY LIVE AT THE SPHERE

Q - Looks like the band might be doing some shows. As a U2.com subscriber do I need to do anything now?

A - When the band announce dates, U2.com paid subscribers will have the opportunity to access tickets first in a special U2.com paid subscriber presale. If you’re a paid subscriber you’ll be emailed once ticket details are announced.

Q - In the past there were different priority groups during presales. Can we expect the same ?
A - All paid-up subscribers at 8pm GMT on Sunday Feb 12 2023 (12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm GMT), will have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in a special U2.com subscriber presale. Those who subscribed after this time, will follow them in the presale window.

Q - People are being invited by Ticketmaster to register on Verified Fan. How does this affect U2.com subscribers?
A - As U2.com paid subscribers have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in the U2.com subscriber presale it is not essential to register on Verified Fan.

Last edited:
From what i read, it's not a shoulder thing. It's Larry's neck and elbow.......and he's already had a surgery on at least his neck. (i can relate)
Some are speculating that this Vegas thing is just a FALL 2023 Vegas residency that was already in the works and was supposed to happen in 2021 (for the 30th anniv of Achtung Baby)........but Covid got in the way of things.
and Larry might be able to support an Album Release and Tour in 2024.

For those of you thinking of Vegas...the unconfirmed rumors are they are going to play a six weekend slate (Friday and Saturday nights) starting September 29th (so running to November 4th). If you were going to look for rooms/travel dates, that window would be your best bet.

don't forget that starting today: Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming (with David Letterman) on Disney+

U2: ’Songs of Surrender’ & Reflecting on their Musical Legacy 1 hour interview w Zane Lowe
Despite having been inducted into the Hall of Fame, won multiple GRAMMYs and other international awards, U2 remains connected to their origin in the desert. Bono & The Edge, meet up with Zane Lowe in the desert outside Las Vegas to reflect on their fifteenth studio album, 'Songs Of Surrender'. The band gives some insight into the environment that helped craft the new album and the experience listening to their catalog through the lens of the present day. They admit that the bundle they were as a result of the COVID pandemic influenced the project greatly. These circumstances, however challenging, allowed the band to experiment with new sounds and push them out of the "indie mentality".

Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming with Dave Letterman | Official Trailer​

Finally got around to watching this. Incredible. Having recently seen clips of Axl Rose, Phil Collins, Vince Neal and others in the ~60 year old crowd try and still sing really highlights what an incredible vocalist Bono still is at age 62. He really has no peers.

Last edited:
Anyone get tickets to the Vegas shows at The Sphere?
Not yet. Working on it. Daughter wants that and nothing else for her birthday.
I saw where they announced another handful of shows in DEC.
i haven’t bothered with trying to get tickets as I figured they would be in too much demand & too expensive.
But lm interested in hearing about your search & if you’re successful
So far we’ve found that only weekday shows in the nosebleed section will work. And I’m not taking my kids out of high school for a couple days to see a U2 show.

i haven’t bothered with trying to get tickets as I figured they would be in too much demand & too expensive.
Eight new December shows (Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays) go on sale May 19 (May 18 if you are a "Verified Fan").
There are basically three tiers of seats: $400, $267ish and $145ish.
I'd stay away from the already released shows...the tickets are going from $700+ for the upper level to $3,000+ for the lower.

Eight new December shows (Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays) go on sale May 19 (May 18 if you are a "Verified Fan").
I'd stay away from the already released shows...the tickets are going from $700+ for the upper level to $3,000+ for the lower.
I read somewhere else that you can still join the U2.com fan club ($50 cost) this wkend and that would make you eligible for the day early presale.

I read somewhere else that you can still join the U2.com fan club ($50 cost) this wkend and that would make you eligible for the day early presale.
Yeah, thx, we did join it. :)

Just got back from a trip to the French-Canadian section of New Brunswick. Was totally shocked that the most played band on their radio stations BY FAR was U2. Both on rock and pop stations. I heard a lot of Canadian acts (which I expected), but U2 songs were played constantly. Who knew? I certainly wasn't expecting that. I would not have connected those dots.

Went opening weekend. If you like U2 (and you probably do if you are reading this thread) it is a MUST see. Even if you don't like U2, it borders on must see. The venue is insane. Achtung is probably my favorite album, so hearing it in it's entirety was something special. It was almost overwhelming and I'm planning on going again so I can absorb a lot of the stuff I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread