What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Underrated 80's/90's songs... (1 Viewer)

"Lunatic Fringe" - Red Rider

"Wind Him Up" - Saga

"Dear God" - XTC

"Walking In L.A." - Missing Persons

"Eyes Of A Stranger" - Payola$

"A Million Miles Away" - Plimsouls

Yes - Changes
True dat.A lot of Yes songs in the Trevor Rabin-era were very good. Yes purists didn't like them because Rabin replaced Steve Howe and wrote shorter songs with more of a mainstream appeal than Howe did. Some were crappy (Leave it, anyone?), but Changes, Love Will Find a Way, It Can Happen To You, and many more were very good.

(IMO, of course)

Driving South - The Stone Roses

Buffalo River Home - John Hiatt

Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis

Sometimes Salvation - Black Crowes

Days of Light - Roger Daltry

"Wind Him Up" - Saga

"Dear God" - XTC
I would go with "On the Loose" by Saga.Good call on XTC. I would put them in the underrated band category. Their greatest hits; "Upsy Daisy Assortment" is one of my favorite CDs to listen to.

25 O' Clock - The Stratosphears (XTC)

Far Away - The Prisoners

My Name is Tom - The Jigsaw Seen

Death and Angels - Green on Red

Barbed Wire Heart - The Sinners

All on the Children of Nuggets box set.

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jnr
you mean "i want a new drug" by huey lewis, right?
Court case, schmourt caseGhostbusters was a better song.
But can Ray Parker Jr. sing in a sink full of ice water?
this is an important skill for an 80s lead singer.
Eclipsed only by Stan Ridgeway of Wall Of Voodoo singing in a pot full of beans during "Mexican Radio". Now that was cool.

Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet
Another :goodposting: Also like Evangeline by Matthew Sweet quite a bit.

There are thousands of underrated 80's songs IMO. You always hear people saying "The 80's were full of one-hit wonders." My reply is always, "That's because there was a lot of good music out there and bands had to actually compete to get play time on the radio. These days all you have to do is just get one hit, and then the record companies stuff your crappy albums down the public's throats for the next ten years."

Here's a few 80's tunes I can think of off the top of my head that, though commonly known, were still underrated IMO:

No Myth- Michael Penn

Where Are You Now?- Jimmy Harnen with Synch

A Girl Like You- The Smithereens

Alison- Elvis Costello

Life In A Northern Town- Dream Academy

This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide- The Kingsmen

Magic Power- Triumph

Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet
Another :goodposting: Also like Evangeline by Matthew Sweet quite a bit.

There are thousands of underrated 80's songs IMO. You always hear people saying "The 80's were full of one-hit wonders." My reply is always, "That's because there was a lot of good music out there and bands had to actually compete to get play time on the radio. These days all you have to do is just get one hit, and then the record companies stuff your crappy albums down the public's throats for the next ten years."

Here's a few 80's tunes I can think of off the top of my head that, though commonly known, were still underrated IMO:

No Myth- Michael Penn

Where Are You Now?- Jimmy Harnen with Synch

A Girl Like You- The Smithereens

Alison- Elvis Costello

Life In A Northern Town- Dream Academy

This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide- The Kingsmen

Magic Power- Triumph
I think "Alison" is a late 70's song.

Users who are viewing this thread