What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (1 Viewer)

A lot of people commented on it. It was also substantially changed, before and after being enacted.  
 look at what was said when this was passed - those things are still true and MORE so now ................... why do Democrats hate a secure southern border ?

Joseph Biden of Delaware (“I voted for the fence related to drugs,” he explained in a 2007 debate. “A fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence.”)
Sherrod Brown of Ohio (while still in the House, Brown voted Yea that September 14.)

Tom Carper of Delaware
Hillary Clinton of New York (the Halloween after voting for SFA, she told the Council on Foreign Relations that America should “secure our borders with technology, personnel, physical barriers if necessary in some places.”)

Dianne Feinstein of California (“Democrats are solidly behind controlling the border, and we support the border fence,” she told the Los Angeles Daily News. “We’ve got to get tough on the border. There’s no question the border is a sieve.”)

Bill Nelson of Florida (freshly defeated by Republican Rick Scott)
Barack Obama of Illinois (“The bill before us certainly will do some good,” Obama argued on the Senate floor. “It will authorize badly needed funding for better fences and better security along our borders, and that should help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.” He added that SFA would stymie “immigrants sneaking in through unguarded holes in our border. . .”)

look at what was said when this was passed - those things are still true and MORE so now ................... why do Democrats hate a secure southern border ?

Joseph Biden of Delaware (“I voted for the fence related to drugs,” he explained in a 2007 debate. “A fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence.”)
Sherrod Brown of Ohio (while still in the House, Brown voted Yea that September 14.)

Tom Carper of Delaware
Hillary Clinton of New York (the Halloween after voting for SFA, she told the Council on Foreign Relations that America should “secure our borders with technology, personnel, physical barriers if necessary in some places.”)

Dianne Feinstein of California (“Democrats are solidly behind controlling the border, and we support the border fence,” she told the Los Angeles Daily News. “We’ve got to get tough on the border. There’s no question the border is a sieve.”)

Barack Obama of Illinois (“The bill before us certainly will do some good,” Obama argued on the Senate floor. “It will authorize badly needed funding for better fences and better security along our borders, and that should help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.” He added that SFA would stymie “immigrants sneaking in through unguarded holes in our border. . .”)
https://twitter.com/ManInTheHoody/status/1075861399409111040

We can go back and forth on this for hours.  He stopped it because Congress did not give him what he wants.  
And they're still not, hence the shutdown.

Trump had zero clue about this message, then it was magically delivered to him through a GoFundMe account and talk radio.

Tom Carper of Delaware

These quotes don't support your premise.

Tom Carper of Delaware

Can we get some quotes about who is paying for the wall? I think there may be some relevant ones out there but my memory is fuzzy.

The people who voted for Trump do and their guy won.  Most people didnt want Obamacare, but we got that anyway. 
Were the people who voted for this wall as their issue also told something about how it was being paid for? I seem to remember there being something about that.

Were the people who voted for this wall as their issue also told something about how it was being paid for? I seem to remember there being something about that.
How original of you to throw this out there! The GoFundMe among other things shows that Trump supporters want a wall and recognize that Mexico isn't cooperating at this point (although they will be paying for it through USMCA).  What's important is getting the wall in place.  Keep throwing your "Gotchas" at me though.  Maybe one will stick.  

How original of you to throw this out there! The GoFundMe among other things shows that Trump supporters want a wall and recognize that Mexico isn't cooperating at this point (although they will be paying for it through USMCA).  What's important is getting the wall in place.  Keep throwing your "Gotchas" at me though.  Maybe one will stick.  
"We are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it"

How is this a "gotcha" thing?

The only thing that the GoFundMe campaign shows is that approximately 0.05% of Trump supporters are willing to fund the wall themselves.

(Not counting the untold number of fake donors who are just trolling.)

I read today up to 2 million already which is sad and impressive.  Only $4,998,000,000 to go!
I don't see any of these conservative media fearmongers ponying up big money for this thing.  Hannity makes like $36M per year.  

Oh right, it's not about actually paying money to fix problems, it's about creating problems to get paid.
Somebody start a gofundme to reimburse the government for the Mueller traitor investigation.  Republicans are always whining about that.

Trump should have sold the masses on kickass space drones with lasers instead of a wall. Same damn bull####, different spin.

Throw in some "blockchain" and "disruption" references, and those suckers would sell like the hottest of hotcakes.
Those are some mighty long words there, pardner

Actually, the people want trump to compromise right now. Not much support, other than trump’s base.

Not so important to most

Last edited by a moderator:
its easy enough - Democrats give for the wall, they get many of the things they want - its compromise, its win - win

Democrats do not want Trump to get a wall - they will allow  Govt shutdown first, right ?
The GOP is still in charge of all three branches AND Trump has jumped up and down kicking and screaming that the shutdown is because of him and we still get posts like this.  :lmao:  

The blue wave just ousted a bunch of Wall supporters and showed a massive electoral opposition to the wall, but THIS GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN is going to send a clear message about what the people REALLY want.
Everybody who voted for Trump only needs to pony up something like $80, that's less than a carton of smokes. They can do it!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The GOP is still in charge of all three branches AND Trump has jumped up and down kicking and screaming that the shutdown is because of him and we still get posts like this.  :lmao:  
During his meeting with Pelosi and Schumer you could see him go from not paying attention to peeking up at the mention of “Trump shutdown”. I think he liked the way it sounded

We want border security.

We don't want a wasted wall boondoggle.
Where did the $5 B even come from? The liar in chief just threw that out there, right? As of 2017, the Department of Homeland Security actually said the wall would cost $21 b with $150 million a year in maintenance, and we all know government construction jobs NEVER go over estimate. Guessing the thing that Mexico was supposed to pay for will easily cost taxpayers north of $70 b.

Users who are viewing this thread