What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial FBG NFL Draft Prediction Contest (1 Viewer)

Just edited mine because I no longer think the Broncos trade up to ensure their QB, but instead stick at 9 and take him if he falls. Also, I don't think Fields goes top 10 anymore, he might, but there's so much buzz in the opposite direction, he could fall to 12 and get snatched up by the Eagles, or all the way to the Pats at 15 and the league regrets it for years to come. 
Based on the breaking news, I’m expecting to see quite a few post edits. :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want us to edit or delete and repost? I'm thinking a final version may be necessary too. 🤪
Edit is fine so long as the timestamp is prior to midnight tonight.

but remember - if someone else has the same number of picks as you with the same tiebreakers, it goes to timestamp. That edit might just cost you hot sauce. 

Now I just need the Broncos to move Lock for something big enough to get them to 4. They're not really planning on going into the season with Lock/Bridgewater are they? I think the plan is still to try and draft a top rookie, Bridgewater is the...*checks notes*...bridge quarterback and Lock is shipped out to someone that believes they can use him. Patriots? I don't think the Bears will do it because I think they are smart enough to know they're not going to be able to move up far enough and dumb enough to think going with Dalton is ok. Can't be the Panthers or they would have just done it. WFT? 

Atlanta won't want to move back further than 6 though, which is why I have the Fins moving back to 9. 

I'm not editing my entry unless something else happens today. (cue foreboding thundercrash sound effect)

JAX: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

NYJ: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

SF: Mac Jones, QB Alabama

CAR: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (Trade)

CIN: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon 

MIA: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

WAS: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (Trade)

ATL: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

DEN: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

DAL: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

SF: Mac Jones, QB Alabama

CAR: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (Trade)

CIN: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon 

MIA: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

WAS: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (Trade)

ATL: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

DEN: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

Wow

1. Jax - Trevor Lawrence

2. Jets - Zach Wilson

3. 49ers - Mac Jones

4. Falcons - Kyle Pitts

5. Bengals - Ja'marr Chase

6. Washington (trade w/ Dolphins) - Trey Lance

7. Lions - Jaylen Waddle

8. Panthers - Penei Sewell

9. Broncos - Rashawn Slater

10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II

Last edited by a moderator:
~90 mins left! Get your guesses in! 

good luck to everyone, especially the 49ers in selecting Lance or Fields. Preferably Fields 🤞🏼 

JAX: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

SF: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama 

Atlanta: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida 

Cincinnati: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

Miami: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama 

New England: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

Carolina: Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

Philadelphia: Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama 

Dallas: Patrick Surtain II, Alabama 

Deleted my old one. Here's my new one, in 20 minutes before cut off!

JAX- Lawrence
NYJ- Wilson
SF- Jones
ATL- Pitts
CIN- Sewell
MIA- Chase
DET- Fields
CAR- Surtain
DEN- Lance 
DAL- Parsons

1. JAX- T Lawrence
2. NYJ- Z Wilson
3. SF- T Lance
4. ATL- K Pitts
5. CIN- J Chase
6. MIA- J Waddle
7. NE (trade)- J Fields
8. CAR- P Sewell
9. CHI (trade)- M Jones 
10. DAL- P Surtain

SF: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State 

ATL: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

CIN: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

MIA: Jaylen Waddle

DET: Penei Sewell

CAR: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

DEN: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

Deadline to enter was midnight last night PT :cry:  

Sucks to not pay attention!  😂

Well consider a complimentary bottle when all 10 of these are correct.  😉
Alas, I poop at parties. I am a party pooper.

Does that mean like, I go to the bathroom and miss the party, or that I actually crap in the middle of the room? 

It’s just such a weird colloquialism. 

Alas, I poop at parties. I am a party pooper.

Does that mean like, I go to the bathroom and miss the party, or that I actually crap in the middle of the room? 

It’s just such a weird colloquialism. 
The alleged origin:

In the 19th century, “pooped” was a nautical term used by seamen when feeling overwhelmed after unexpected strong waves crashed the ship and washed over them. Eventually, this term changed to mean “tired or exhausted”, hence, a party pooper is someone who exhausts and drains the life out of a celebration.

Let's have some fun

1 Trevor Lawrence to JAC
2 Zach Wilson to NYJ
3 Mac Jones to SF
4 Kyle Pitts to ATL
5 Ja'Marr Chase to CIN
6 Trey Lance to DEN (trade)
7 Penei Sewell to DET
8 Justin Fields to CHI (trade)
9 Jaylen Waddle to MIA (trade)
10 Patrick Surtain to DAL
Nice demonstration of why predicting trades is a suckers' game. I call Fields to the Bears on a trade-up, and Waddle to Miami, but they don't even count towards the tiebreakers.

Nice demonstration of why predicting trades is a suckers' game. I call Fields to the Bears on a trade-up, and Waddle to Miami, but they don't even count towards the tiebreakers.
In retrospect I should have made successful trade predictions worth 2. 

Ah well. Next year. 

Deadline to enter was midnight last night PT :cry:  

It's ok; just thought I would throw it in there for giggles
Damn, you probably would have won.  Nailed the first 8 picks.

JAX: Trevor Lawrence

NYJ: Zach Wilson

SF: Trey Lance

ATL: Kyle Pitts

CIN: Ja'Marr Chase

MIA: Waddle

DET: Sewell

CAR: Jaycee Horn

DEN: Micah Parsons

DAL: Patrick Surtain
Winner Winner, Hot Sauce Dinner.

Congrats... (not officially, HSG still needs to mark them but you clearly won)

Nailed the entire top 8 and if you swap those last two, you woulda almost had all those guys to the right teams.  Very impressive.

11) NE (from NYG): QB Trey "bout damn time" Lance
bold call that NYG would trade the 11th pick

details were off, but you get some props for making the call when no one thought NYG would actually trade down. 

JAX: Trevor Lawrence

NYJ: Zach Wilson

SF: Trey Lance

ATL: Kyle Pitts

CIN: Ja'Marr Chase

MIA: Waddle

DET: Sewell

CAR: Jaycee Horn

DEN: Micah Parsons

DAL: Patrick Surtain
Looking through everyone’s selections I don’t see anyone who topped this. Nailed 8 straight picks & even had a 9th taken top 10.

So unless I missed something, (and please, someone correct me if I did) @SoBeDadis the winner of the unofficial FBG draft contest & will get 2 bottles of hot sauce! :pickle:

Congratulations SoBeDad - great prognosticating. Your efforts will be rewarded & then forgotten almost instantly to the netherworld wherever topics go when they fall off the 1st page. :sadbanana:

But you’ll be able to celebrate your great picking with award-winning hot sauce! :pickle:

Until they run out. :sadbanana:

it’s a whirlwind of emotions up in this heezy, I tell ya.

For now, all I need is a PM with a good shipping address for you & a preference of heat (I have everything from mild to “FLM THAT’S HOT!”

I’ll send it out as soon as I have that.

Thanks to everyone for playing & thanks to @Joe Bryantfor letting me do this (or for not noticing that I did it? :lol:

This was fun - I may have to make it a new annual tradition. 👍🏼

Looking through everyone’s selections I don’t see anyone who topped this. Nailed 8 straight picks & even had a 9th taken top 10.

So unless I missed something, (and please, someone correct me if I did) @SoBeDadis the winner of the unofficial FBG draft contest & will get 2 bottles of hot sauce! :pickle:

Congratulations SoBeDad - great prognosticating. Your efforts will be rewarded & then forgotten almost instantly to the netherworld wherever topics go when they fall off the 1st page. :sadbanana:

But you’ll be able to celebrate your great picking with award-winning hot sauce! :pickle:

For now, all I need is a PM with a good shipping address for you & a preference of heat (I have everything from mild to “FLM THAT’S HOT!”

Thanks to everyone for playing & thanks to @Joe Bryantfor letting me do this (or for not noticing that I did it? :lol:

Thank you for the contest HSG and Joe! Lots of luck involved.  Guessing right on the 50:50 picks (SF & MIA) helped because the other picks were favorite selections given who was available.

I'll order a mild one and an "FLM THAT’S HOT!” one to share with my daughters who moved to California in the middle of the pandemic. They're risk takers, they like it hot. I'm excited to try your hot sauce!

Thank you for the contest HSG and Joe! Lots of luck involved.  Guessing right on the 50:50 picks (SF & MIA) helped because the other picks were favorite selections given who was available.

I'll order a mild one and an "FLM THAT’S HOT!” one to share with my daughters who moved to California in the middle of the pandemic. They're risk takers, they like it hot. I'm excited to try your hot sauce!
Awesome - I have award-winners on both ends of the spectrum. Just shoot me a PM with your shipping address & I’ll take care of the rest. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

No worries. I noticed. We don't want to turn the shark pool into a bunch of this type of thing where people use the forum to promote their product but this is ok.

No worries. I noticed. We don't want to turn the shark pool into a bunch of this type of thing where people use the forum to promote their product but this is ok.
Thanks - I try to be respectful. Didn’t even mention the product specifically. In hindsight I should have asked first - sorry about that. 
:hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread